SFB: The Farthest Stars Campaign

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Player Campaigns: SFB: The Farthest Stars Campaign
The Farthest Stars

The Masters are up to their old hijinks, this time on a grand scale. They have scooped up a major colony from each race of the Alpha Sector, depositing it in a new galaxy, far beyond known space.

Each race will begin with that original colony, plus three smaller "sub-colonies" pre-established before the game. They will also start with a fleet built by the GM to represent some of their older hulls that were brought along for the ride.

As we begin campaign turn 1, the races begin at Y170, and the campaign advances 2 turns per year (6 month turns).

We always need captains to help fly battles on SFBOL - interested captains apply here!

The campaign will use a variant of the Flexible Command Rating System from the Campaign Designer's Handbook, so fleets will tend to be smaller. Exploration will be a key factor in this campaign, as will strategy, diplomacy, and intel/espionage. I'll be running this one as a non-playing GM, having run three similar campaigns using the Babylon 5 Wars battle engine in the past. There will be random encounters with pirates and minor races to add spice to the mix.

The campaign will be heavily GM-moderated and uses a hidden map. I stand by the watchwords of "fair" and "impartial".

I maintain a list of “reserve Admirals” in case an active Admiral must drop from the game for whatever reason. Interested parties post here, but keep in mind this is a moderated game and the GM has the final word - rules lawyers and control freaks need not apply.

-- Dale McKee
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Official Announcements  195   03/27 06:51pm
Archive 2011  183   08/17 09:36pm
Archive through April 14, 2011  25   04/14 05:08pm

Older posts from this area are archived HERE:
http://www.starfleetgames.com/Notable%20Campaigns.shtml
By Jon Berry (Laz_Longsmith) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 08:51 pm: Edit

Is anyone else considering putting up their files for the rest of us to view? Would be nice for AARs and general constructive criticism.

As for me - Too many LNH's. Awesome ship, but I over used them.

By Francois Lemay (Princeton) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Glenn, who is Jason ?

By Glenn Hoepfner (Ikabar) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 04:38 pm: Edit

CRAP!!!!!
I meant Dale. Jason was moderator of FOG7 which I also participated in, which he was also good.
DALE
DALE
DALE
DALE
DALE
DALE
DALE

Thanks for the correction, Francois.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 04:35 pm: Edit

Can this be archived?

By Glenn Hoepfner (Ikabar) on Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 09:43 am: Edit

I was involved in this game. Though I'm not the moderator of the campaign, I'm sure it can go bye-bye.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation