Archive through August 04, 2008

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through August 04, 2008
By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 08:07 am: Edit

The remaining 4 players in the semis have been in email contact. I know (at least) one game was scheduled for the Sunday before last, but had to be rescheduled due to the SFBOL server being down. As far as I know, the players are trying to get the scheduling worked out.

By Del Bristol (Djb1701) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 07:35 am: Edit

Thanks Ken

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:51 pm: Edit

Final matchups are posted!! We’re down to the final 2 teams – Seattle and Yellow Alert battling it out for the championship!

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:15 pm: Edit

Good show, I figured I would draw the Lyran for sure! :)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:02 am: Edit

I will not go down quite so easily this time Drew!

-Droid

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:09 pm: Edit

So... Del. When's good to play our matchup? I have RAT this weekend and next, but not for the entire time. And I'm not sure if there's a deadline...

By Del Bristol (Djb1701) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 07:55 am: Edit

Weekends are my best times to play. I can play after 12pm eastern either
day. What day & time works best for you? -Del.

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 06:02 pm: Edit

Unfortunately I think this weekend is looking sort of bad. How about next Saturday (the 28th)? I'm in Pacific time so generally prefer a later start, say around 3PM Eastern?

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 09:58 pm: Edit

Sorry I didn't show - I was sick as a sheap dog and completely slept through 3PM. :(:(

We can reschedule... when's good? Next Saturday, same planned time?

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 08:40 pm: Edit

Drew and I have missed a couple of dates, and I have e mailed him proposing this Sunday at 11am Pacific to get out game going.

How are the rest of us doing as far as scheduling? Or is Team Pacific just ducking us now??

-Droid

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:09 pm: Edit

I haven't actually heard from Del since his post of the 17th - he may not be reading the board. I'll try email.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 12:17 pm: Edit

I've received emails regarding all 3 final matches, but it's been a while since I got an update. How about an update for the judge?

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 03:58 pm: Edit

doc and Droid are on for this Sunday @1:30 or so Eastern.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Awesome!

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 05:06 pm: Edit

Haven't heard from Del still, but then, I haven't exactly been trying really hard to track him down, due to having no time. If he's been emailing you, it's probably to say "Sheap is ignoring me" because I have not gotten anything. I'll send out mail immediately, just to get back in touch.

By Ken Rotar (Sir_Krotar) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 05:10 pm: Edit

Will try to schedule soon.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 06:04 pm: Edit

No worries guys, thanks for checking in.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Del is alive and well. I do believe he will respond if you e-mail him

By Daniel Bitseff (Cadet_Stimpy) on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:28 am: Edit

I'm back in the country, and ready to fly...but I suspect my available schedule (weekdays after 6pm PDT) still does not coincide with my opponent's.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:53 am: Edit

That's 8 PM his time, which isnt great for him, but I suspect that he could do it if it turns out that he needs to.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 12:03 pm: Edit

I have golf today at 3:30 eastern, 12:30 Pacific.
Drew, if by some chance you read this, I'm on and can start anytime. The sooner the better.

If not, we can start per agreement at 1:30 Eastern, take a break, and maybe try and finish tonight starting around 9 Eastern?

-Andy

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:25 pm: Edit

doc(zin) and Droid(Lyran) finally get game one of the WL finals done.

T1- I top off the ESG caps and plot 20/27 with a modest brick on #5, and aim to keep the range open. Zin plots 16/26 and aims to close the range with his ship and drones.
I run out of map in direction E and have to turn to D. The Zin launches 2 speed 20 drones and shoots my unbricked #6 with 3 ols, hitting with one. We end the turn at range 15 or so.

T2 I arm 2 ols 2 standards and plot 16/27/20. doc the Zin plots speed 14. I accelerate to 27 on 2.9. I fly through his 8 drones for 32 damage to the esgs. The Zin is moving a tad slow here, so I can get R4 perfect oblique and let fly with 4 uim ols (two from batts)and 6p-1s. doc returns fire with 4 wimpy Zin ols and 4 wimpy Zin p-1s. I roll well and do 58 to his #6 for 24 wicked internals after some batt reinforcement. The internals include 5 power, 4 phasers, a disruptor, and a drone rack. doc the Zin rolled horribly, missing with 3 of his wimpy disruptors, and doing 10 with his wimpy phasers, for a grand total of 18 wimpy Zin damage to my #6. He decides to concede here as he has no drones on the board, isn't going to catch me this turn, and I am undamaged.

Now come on Team Yellow Alert, let's get it done!

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 01:14 am: Edit

Still no sign of Del. I sent a couple of emails since the last post.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 09:30 am: Edit

Andrew is so manly that any weapon fired upon his ship seems wimpy in comparison.

By Daniel Bitseff (Cadet_Stimpy) on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 09:00 pm: Edit

Sir_Krotar over Stimpy in a very fun battle. I had him pinned in the corner early..but I expected him to park & he slipped away when he didn't.

Congrats YELLOW ALERT on the World League Title!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation