Archive through March 19, 2009

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through March 19, 2009
By Jason Whitaker (Kahali) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Since I enjoy stirring so much...

How do we organise a "non-event?"

cheers

Jason

"Geez that was a bit of a non-event..."

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 07:23 pm: Edit

A non-event is two guys playing each other. Anything else is an event. If you organize it, it's an event. If more than two guys are involved, it's an event. Capiche? I mean, if its easier, we could just spend Paul Scott from everything so we don't have to put up with this time-wasting nonsense.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 07:36 pm: Edit

This topic is for discussing the SFBOL World League only. It is not for discussing policies for SFBOL.

I strongly suggest that you don't stir the pot, but if you must, take it to the SFBOL General Discussions. Be sure you read the backfiles for the last few days so you are up to speed.

Rest assured that had Paul posted here that he wanted to play or had I seen his name on a team, SVC would have been notified and Peter would have had more time to work around the inconvenience or to have avoided it all together. I truly didn't expect that Paul would not honor the prohibition on competing or, once notified, not withdraw.

Jean
WebMom

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 07:51 pm: Edit

To be fair, Paul sent me an e-mail that he wanted to play. Neither of us realized that he was not allowed to play in non RA events. When it became apparent that this was the case (which was, unfortunately, after I had already set all the teams), I got clarification from SVC, Paul offered to withdraw, and I am now reorganizing.

I am glad that Paul did make that offer then; it was the honorable thing to do. -- Jean

By David Jannke (Bigslowtarget) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:07 am: Edit

I'm in if you need someone, but to be fair Paul did beat me in the last Captains Tourney that I attended. Hate that old Andro.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 09:09 am: Edit

David,

If you want in, we'd love to have you. Let me know what ship you want to fly, and I'll put you on the appropriate team.

Thanks!
-Peter

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 06:02 pm: Edit

World League Round 1 is Posted! See link at the top of this page.

Round 1 (3 games for each player in each team in each pool) runs from March 16 through May 16 (2 months).

Please contact your opponents and set up games as soon as possible. There is no need to contact the moderator (i.e. me) with match ups unless you are having trouble contacting your opponent. Then send me an e-mail and I'll help out as needed, and determine if your opponent counts as a no-show or not (remember that a win is worth 3 points, a loss is 1 point, a no show is 0 points and 3 for your opponent). I'm not going to count no shows till the round is over (i.e. if you make a game appointment and your opponent doesn't make it, try and reschedule). When a game is over, the losing player is responsible for sending me an e-mail with "World League" in the subject line reporting the match.

Teams, please contact your teammates and let them know that the tournament has started. I'll send out a mass e-mail, but I might not have everyone's e-mail (still).

If you don't know what team you are on, you are on Team Alpha (Pool B), Team Beta (Pool C), or Team Gama (Pool C).

Please look over the Pool match ups and check for conspicuous errors; I don't have Gary Bear's screen name (anyone?), I made Team Colorado and Team Philly the same team at first (which I fixed, but might have missed something). I avoided any civil wars (IIRC), but in a couple places, someone has to fight the same opposing ship twice (i.e. two of your opponents are Klingon, for example). Just go with it. I don't think any of the duplicate match ups are horrible ones (i.e. none of the Feds got 2x Romulans and none of the Romulans got 2x ATC or anything).

There is a single player with a BYE in Pool B (Jason Whitaker in Team Australia), which is just how it worked out. His BYE counts as a win.

We have 2 months to play 3 games each. Everyone try to stay on top of things, set up your games, make your games, and report your games. It took some doing, but here we are, so now go out and blow up some space ships!

-Peter

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 07:34 pm: Edit

First nitpick mails have been sent to Peter with regards:-)

By Roger Rardain (Sky_Captain) on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Gary Bear is GUNNER.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Fixed. Thanks!

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 07:00 pm: Edit

I saw Krotar withdrew from the RAT, but is he still in the cup?

By John Smith (Johnsmith) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Dread_Lord over JohnSmith. I guess I'm the first person to lose a World Cup game. It's a distinction, of sorts. However, I can't report it until it's listed on the SFBOL tourney page.

The first three turns consisted mainly of him running from me. T4 he made an HET at me at spd 12, while I was going 31. I considered counter-HETing and running him over with gats and ESGs (he'd apparently forgotten that CWs can HET at 31), but decided to delay a bit and see if I could entice him into wasting his shot on my 30-point #2 from the 6-8 range bracket. He took that shot, at which point I realized it was my 9-point #6 and 23 ints later I no longer had the batts to HET. From there it would have just been slow death, as I had no way of turning around this turn to get him. I conceded.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 09:07 pm: Edit

It won't be on the SFBOL tourney page. Please send e-mails to me when you are the losing player with "World League" in the subject line reporting game results.

Thanks!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 09:10 pm: Edit

Pool C tree updated.

By John Smith (Johnsmith) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 04:00 am: Edit

So the subscriber search does not turn up the name Ban_The_Fed. If Marcus could email me at the address in my profile, or someone could direct me to the correct email, that'd be great.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 04:49 am: Edit

John,
It is BanTheFed.

By John Smith (Johnsmith) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 05:09 am: Edit

Ah. May want to change it in the tree, as I probalby won't be the only one to copy/paste into the subscriber search.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 08:11 am: Edit

===
Pool A
LG (ISC) vs Maravrin (Fed) Wed 6:30 Mtn
LG (ISC) vs Hardcore (Or) Sun 1 pm.

I'm sure C+B and i will have a time soon. ;)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 08:44 am: Edit

Carl,
Krotar is still playing WL. He is Central Time.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 08:53 am: Edit

I'll fix Marcus's screen name when I'm not at work.

-Peter

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 09:32 am: Edit

My email address is in my profile. Or I can just not be lazy and say:

marcus.giegerich@gmail.com ;)

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Weekday Morning Treat.

Swamplor and I will play our WL game tomorrow at 8A (Central)

By Benoit Rheaume (Bneus) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 09:35 am: Edit

Ive had problems getting e-mails from people, everything is fixed now. Any opponents should re-send their available times.
I'm available all week, no-saturdays, mostly noon to midnight eastern time.
Bneus

By John Smith (Johnsmith) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 07:03 pm: Edit

I've sent contact emails to both Paul and Marcus, but no response. Since you've both responded in thread, I assume you're around. Just posting here in case my emails were put in a spam folder. Would you guys please check?

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 08:08 am: Edit

===
LG vs Hardcore delayed, tentatively til a week
from Sunday.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation