Archive through March 23, 2009

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through March 23, 2009
By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 09:27 am: Edit

Hi John,

I don't think I got your email. Or perhaps it went directly to my spam folder. Could you re-send?

Thanks!

Your Target

By John Smith (Johnsmith) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Email sent.

By Benoit Rheaume (Bneus) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 08:32 pm: Edit

Wow did I miss something or am I in team geezer now?? what happened to team Sweden.
I was wishing for some busty Fraulein to deliver my trophy after our ultimate victory????

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 08:53 pm: Edit

It will be a busty geezer giving you your trophy

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 12:02 am: Edit

Bret and i got through 6 turns today. Bret (TKR) is down to 20 power, 1xP3, 1xF, 1xS, 3 shields left (approximately). I (ATC) am down to 16 power, plently of weapons but only 1.5 shields left. It's been exciting so far!!

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:05 am: Edit

Hah! I actually asked Benoit if it was ok to change name, but I guess he now has second thoughts:P Hey Benoit, would the "the Swedish Bikini Team" sound better? We have after all not really started it seems (I can't belive only one game has been played yet in the cup!)

BTW, the current name is actually "The Gezeer Patrol", or just "Gezeer Patrol". I left it up to Peter to decide which sounded best to American ears, but don't you think he forgot it was a two-word name? I have pointed out the error to him, but he appears to be lazy to boot:P

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:11 am: Edit

Or, "RSBT". In the style of IRA naming this would be read as "the Real Swedish Bikini Team".
As fake as the real one of course:)

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 08:16 am: Edit

===
I think more than one game has been played, i'm
just not seeing any posted results yet?

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Laszlo (WYN HHDD) over Squire_Bneus (LYR) last night.

Summary:
Turn 1, he saunters out towards me. I swing wide right and launch 4 drones. Drones reach range 8 to him on 31, and he fires disruptors at them (1 OL, 3 Std), damaging 1.

Turn 2, he raises 40 points of ESG at range 0 and turns in. I OL the HBs and turn in. I miscount hexes on the approach, and rather than shooting him at range 5 on the oblique, I allow him to get out of my FA. His ESGs take out my drone wave. We circle for a bit. He passed up a r4 shot on my #6 but takes the r5 shot on my #5 with UIM OLs and p1s, netting 16 internals, including a drone rack. Realizing that I won't get him into my FA without a HET, I turn off. My OL disruptor misses, and I discharge the HBs. He has taken no damage yet.

Turn 3, I run, he chases. He recharges stuff and doesn't shoot me. I launch 3 drones late.

Turn 4, he goes 9/19, while I go 17/24. He raises 40 ESG at r0. I follow drones in and we approach head on. He tractors a drone and calls for ED. With drones at r1 and ships at r3, I call for fire. Worried that I will down his ESG with my HBs, he shoots the other two drones. Instead I fire p1s and OL disruptors, downing his #1. We close to range 2 and he fires his disruptors (2 OL, 2 std) and remaining p1s, scoring 12 internals. I mizia him a little with p3s. He stops. I go to range 1 and tractor him.

It turns out he has used his batteries on reinforcement and tractoring the drone earlier, so he can't fight my tractor. In fact, he can't even TAC. I rip down his ESGs with my HBs and put two drones and a SS through his down #1.

Thanks for a fun game, Benoit! It was interesting seeing the interaction between a ship with ESGs and one with both HBs and drones.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 03:23 pm: Edit

====
Lord_Goofy (ISC) over Maravrin (Fed)

I was very fortunate to win this after he
jackpotted with the T1 R8 photons. Had he not
mistimed an ED vs one of my EPT's, i doubt i could have emerged victorious...

He said he reported it, but i haven't seen any
site updates lately?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:43 pm: Edit

Scott, I update the site when I can. I find you lack of faith...disturbing.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 05:44 pm: Edit

===
Choke, gasp. Understood, sir!

I really wasn't complaining, really sir!
(Wheeze, near death rattle....)

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 12:11 pm: Edit

Enough of this! Bakija, release him!

This bickering is pointless. Lord Bakija will provide us with the results of the World League by the time this tournament is operational. We will then crush the C Pool with one swift stroke.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 05:00 pm: Edit

Crushing has begun... Team Philadelphia has it's first win.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 05:57 pm: Edit

Anyone else have any battle reports yet?

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 10:04 pm: Edit

BaldnForty ( Zin ) defeats BigSlowTarget ( GBS 1B )

It always helps when ALL of your heavy weapons hit and most of his don't...

The force is with me...

By Piotr Orbis Proszynski (Orbis) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 09:59 am: Edit

I've just noticed I have play a bear, a moose and an even biggar beast! What a zoo! O_O

Also, team Γ would like to officially register a complaint -- we need an extra M in our team name! That's our lucky M! The Commissioner is against us! :(

(Great, \greek{G} doesn't even work. It just outputs a regular G. Firefox3 here, can anyone else format a proper Gamma?)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 10:49 am: Edit

So I have updated as many games as I can find to update. Please, if you have completed a game, check the grids and make sure I updated it correctly (if at all :-)

-Peter

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Pool B? Nomad ATC vs Swamplor KLI

T1 we close and end at R11 with web between us. I hit his #6 for 2(rein) and then #5 for 6. He bounces 4 disr off my #6(only 2 hit).

T2 we come in and exchange pain on #6 at R4 with the KLI 6 scatter drones webbed in front of the ATC. KLI rolls poorly missing with 1 OL and doing 9 ints(p3 2 warp and fluff). ATC only hits with 2 stds but the added p1s give 6 ints back(p2, fhull and a batt).

Steve misreads something and allows my 2 launched shuttles to close on that shield so I add 6 more in(3 more batts 1 warp disr). KLI kills both shuts.

T3 we reload and I kill all scatter pack drones. KLI reaches R9 olnly due to web so does 11 to my #3 I then turn in and get 23 to his #3 later in the turn. Then I bonehead a turn in with nothing to fire for the first 4 imps with web blocking at least. I also mistimed a spd change and ate a drone on my #3 bringin it to 4 pts.

T4 KLI does spd 0/7 to swing his FA to me, I HET and run all turn. KLI starts to build a drone wave.

t5 I web him and his drones. Getting a R2 shot on him. Before I can get behind a snare I have to HET or take a R4 shot back. He rolls poorly and gives me 4 more ints(all fluff).

T6 I have my 4 point #3 to him at R7 he is in web to get the shot. me spd 0/10 KLI starting at 8 then going 15!! Again KLI rolls poorly and only does 12 ints through a 5 point brick(he only has 3 OLds and misses yet again). I lost 2 p1 here as I could fire them at drones so I did before the dam. I turn around and think about making a run at hime but at spd 10 his 6 drones catch me(2 are spd 32 tivs) and 2 shuts close in as well.I fire everything on my ship and clean it all up except for one webbed drone which ends the turn at R2.

T7 Shields are attrociaous I am 25/28/0/0/27/0 KLI at 30/0/1/24/18/0. He starts on my #1 close to the #2 boarder at R8. I am on his #5. I close at spd 10/15 after putting a web to block him off. He's at Spd 0. Without a HET he'll give me his down #6 or #2 so KLI just waits for me to error. Launching 2 spd 32 drones at me beforehand to eat phasers. I come in for a 4 p1, 3 p3 shot on his #5 and do 10 ints which again kills his repaired disr. I avoid fire for the rest of the turn.

T8 I do a 15/10/15 plot he does a 0/9/4 plot. Again I throw up blocking web he dives to give himself a R4 shot on my #2. after missing yet again with an OL the 4 ints do not kill enough to stop me from giving him 6 p1 +3p3 through a down shield.

Overall a tight game the int rolls were brutal to the kil and not bad to me(I lost 2p1+2p3+2 trac but no snares). He lost 3 disr, 5 phasers(no 1's)'s and batts really early.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 09:33 pm: Edit

Andy Vancil (Laszlo) WYN (HHDD)
Team Colorado
vs
Dave Cheng (DaveC) HYD
Team SWA

Monday, March 23rd
10PM EDT / 8PM MDT

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Pool C
Up_All_Knight over Bear in a bloody but fast slugg fest. Nice Lyran movement pinned ISC on the wall but even fair to bad Lyran phasers couldn't save the ISC from his own bad move.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 09:26 am: Edit

Go Brook!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:28 am: Edit

So I'm assuming Kerry won vs Swamplor?

Next: apparently, Cloudmasters from Team Australia has had to back out. Leaving a hole in that team. Anyone wanna jump in as a replacement?

-Peter

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 11:52 am: Edit

Sorry for being unclear. Yeah my ATC beat Swamplors KLI.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Grids updated to this point. Again, please, if you have reported a game at some point, check the grids to make sure I got it and right (Green means you won; Red means you lost).

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation