Archive through April 18, 2009

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through April 18, 2009
By Jonathan Biggar (Jonb) on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 12:32 pm: Edit

Paul, sorry for not getting back to you. It was end of quarter time at work and things were crazy.

I'll send out email to all my WL opponents today.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 03:48 pm: Edit

===
Lord_Goofy vs CrashandBurn, reschedded to wed, 6 pm mtn.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 10:36 am: Edit

POOL A ACTION

Andy Koch: Team Yellow Alert (WYN Pig HbgD)
vs
Dave Cheng: Team SWA (Hydran)

Monday, April 13th
8:00 PM EDT

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 05:09 pm: Edit

Good weapon officer saves the game for inept captain. Six out of six fired photons, at range three, hit the target. Wyn Auxbox commanded by Droid concede to Hardcore.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 06:14 pm: Edit

That's actually a huge surprise seeing how the orion has such a hard time against the Aux Box ;)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 09:12 am: Edit

To expound a bit on Pool A Hardcore (orion PPP11)v Droid(Aux HBgD)

Turn 1 I plot speed 21 and launch drones early, doing a mini dodge to get them out in front. Since Carl doubles one engine, I turn back to D early then to C as soon as I can. Carl starts out at 19 and turns to F. When I turn in to D he turns in A and closes, accelerating to 26. He flies past my FA arc at range 6 or so, with drones harrassing him. Carl turns to F, tractors a couple drones, shoots some with his p-3s, and turns to E. I turn to B and on 1.32, we are #6 to #6 at range 3. I fire 4-p-1s, 3 p-3s, and my HB oled to take his facing shield down to 3 after reinforcement. Carl returns fire with 5 p-1s, doing 12 points of damage after my reinforcement.

Turn 2 I don't think that Carl wants to take a r3 shot with his photons, so I decide to put energy into tractor and try to grab him if he gets closer. This turns out to be sub optimal. Impulse 1 I launch drones in his direction, and he fires 3 full ols, hitting with all of them for 30 in. He hits the heck out of my right warp engine(he rolls eight 4s!) for a total of 11 power hits (the client loves my cargo and *hates* my power), 2 p-3, a p-1, a drone rack, and a disruptor. We fly apart.

Turn 3,4,5: The game is effectively over as I cant really do much with 26 power, but I extend it as long as I can manuevering pretty well, keeping drones in his face, but eventually Carl gets to r3 and hits with all photons plus phasers, ending the game.

Generally speaking, I really am not sure what the Aux can do v the Orion. It would probably involve taccing at some point, which I actually considered doing T2. At the very least, I should have massively reinforced, then it would actually have been a game. To add insult to injury, he hit like a champ. Feel free to miss with a photon or two next time Carl :) Well played and good luck with the rest of your games!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 09:59 am: Edit

Pool C East Coast action!

Team New Jersey's BanTheFed (Fed) taking on Team Philly's BaldNForty (Kzinti)

3 turns done so far. We'll continue some time next week.

Turn 1
Fed (starting in 1701D)plots 16/17/24, Kzinti (starting at 2530A) at 15/20. Kzinti goes straight and launches scatter pack on imp 4. Kzinti then starts slipping right to let 6 drone cloud get in Front. Fed slips left a couple times, then turns left to C. Kzinti launches 4 more drones and turns left ot E. All drones speed 20. Fed turns back to D on imp 31 and finishes turn at range 5 facing Kzinti's #2 shield, but out of Kzinti's FA. Drones are in a couple of stacks 2 hexes away. Fed declines to fire as he's probably facing a big brick. Kzinti ejects 4 standards. OK, so the brick could have been smaller than I thought it was...

Turn 2
Fed plots 26/24/12/6, Kzinti at speed 0(?!?) expecting the Fed to park. Imp 2 Fed HETs to face E, which sets up range 4 perfect oblique Fed's #6 to Kzinti's #6. Fed fires 4 16 point Photons and 6 p1s, hitting with 3 photons but only getting 18 with phasers for 66 total damage. Still, I'd rather hit with 3 photons and have weak phaser rolls than hit with 2 photons and have strong phaser rolls! Kzinti takes 26 internals after 10 reinforcement, losing 2 p3s, a disruptor, 2 warp, 3 impulse, most batts and most hull. Bummer there where no drone or p1 hits. Kzinti later fires 3 OL disruptors and 4 p1s at Fed #6, but missed with 2 Disruptors and rolls weak on phasers doing 19 total. Fed runs for a while, turning to F as Kzinti speeds up to 9. Fed Emergency Decels around imp 19 and wesels off 10 turn 1 drones after turning to face A. Kzinti finishes turn 7 hexes away from Fed's #3

Turn 3
Fed plots 0/10/9/10 While Kzinti plots 9/17/19. I suspect the SC to 19 was from batts. Fed puts away as Kzinti closes, Launching 4 more speed 20 drones. Fed cleans up drones with phasers (1 was type IV) as he weaves his way towards the West wall. Kzinti fires 2 std and 1 OL disruptor and p1's at Fed's #4 at range 4 around imp 24-25, hitting with all disruptors and doing 1 internal (p3) after Fed uses 5 to reinforce. Fed eventually finishes turn against the wall facing F with Kzinti 2 hexes off his #3 shield, also facing F. Kzinti fired 4 p3s on imp 32 for 12 damage on Fed #3.

So there you have it.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 10:28 am: Edit

Well, 4 of his batts were blown off when you fired. So he only could of gained one hex of movement, if, in fact, he used batts for the speed change to 19. But, definitely a fun game to watch so far. When are you gonna resume? Don't want to miss it. Should be ugly. :)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 08:59 am: Edit

I think I got all the matches reported up till this point--again, please check the grids if you reported (or played) a game, and make sure that:

A) It is reported

and

B) It is recorded correctly

Thanks!

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 05:56 pm: Edit

Fiver(TKR) over Romwe(AND). I'll post the battle report after I send it off to SPP.

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 08:27 pm: Edit

BS(Klink) Vs Kludge (Aux DHDg)
Thursday 4/16 8A central.

Come see my ship (The BS detector) detect BS by going BOOM!. Yep theres BS here:)

By David Cheng (Davec) on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 09:30 pm: Edit

POOL A ACTION

Andy Koch: Team Yellow Alert (WYN Pig HbgD)
vs
Dave Cheng: Team SWA (Hydran)

Rescheduled for
Monday, April 27th
8:00 PM EDT

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 11:13 pm: Edit

Does anyone know the correct email for Pat Hill? I keep getting no callsign for his Dread_Lord.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 09:36 am: Edit

Pool C Action

Team New Jersey's BanTheFed (Fed) taking on Team Philly's BaldNForty (Kzinti)

Turns 4-5 played last night

Turn 4
Fed against Left wall facing F speed0, Kzinti 2 hexes off Fed #3 also facing F speed 19. Imp 1 Kzinti launches 2 fast drones and Fed weasels. Kzinti fires 1 std disruptor and 4 p1s through the shift, hitting with the dis and rolling well with phasers for 20 total damage on a 12 box shield. The 8 internals nets 3(!) phasers, a warp and some hull. Kzinti turns right to head towards North wall while Fed Tacs to A, then B. Fed goes to speed 4 on imp 8 and gets shot on the #1 at range 0 by a shuttle launched on 3.32 that was hidden beneath a slip marker and was totally forgotten by the Fed. Sloppy sloppy! Kzinti slows down to sp 10 and Fed later on jumps up to speed 10 on imp 25. Fed fires a p1 from range 2 at the manned shuttle and then death drags it. Kzinti turns right again to skate along North wall showing his #3. On imp 32 at range 7 to the Kzinti's #3, Fed fires an alpha consisting of photons at 16, 12, 12, 10 and 5 p1s. Only 1 12 point photon hits and phasers do 12 damage. Kzinti reinforces 1 and the shield holds at 1 box. Kzinti repairs a disruptor while Fed repairs a p3.

Turn 5
Kzinti (facing C) starts at 9, Fed (also facing B) starts at 0. Kzinti launches 2 drones early, the HETs to face direction E as Fed tacs to face A. 2 more drones are launched, which Fed deals with using a combo of a tractor beam and some phasers. On imp 10 Fed announces speed 7 in reverse. This is historic as it's BTF's first plotted movement in reverse and he doesn't even know that you have to RIGHT click on the movement chart to get a negative speed! Kzinti gets range 4 on Fed's full #2 and alphas with 3 OLs and 4 p1s. 2 OLs miss (lousy gunning is infective!) and the shield holds at 6 boxes. Kzinti decels to 5 and turns to F. Fed turns to head backwards to direction E, then accelerates to -8 and turns to F. Fed turns back to E (facing B) on imp 32 and Kzinti launches 2 more drones and a shuttle. Range of ships is about 7 hexes.

Kzinti is sort of cornered here and has launched his last shuttle. Is down to about 9 spaces worth of drones with a down #2 and 1 box #3. Fed has 2 shuttles left and has a down #3 and #4 while both the #2 and #6 are at about 6 boxes each. The #1 is at 26 and the #5 is full. We both thought the game would be over on turn 4, yet it goes on!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 09:38 am: Edit

Al,

His e-mail in his profile is:

hillpe@comcast.net.bleah

(remove the .bleah)

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Thank you kindly oh munificent one.

By Jonathan Biggar (Jonb) on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 12:45 pm: Edit

Pool C: jonbig (Beta) vs Andromedan(Philly)

4/19 5:30pm PDT, 830pm EDT

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 08:32 pm: Edit

bakija (GRN) vs Kahali (ISC)

Game ongoing. We got interrupted by a fire inspector (?) showing up at Jason's house. We'll keep playing at some point in the future.

T1: I go 16 with a bit of 26 at the end, an enveloper, and some reinforcement on my #1. He goes 14 all turn (I think) with an enveloped G torp. We close. At R15, he fires the PPD, hits with all 4 pulses, and does about 12 total over my 1/2/6 after my reinforcement. He launches his enveloped G at some point as I'm swimming up through the PPD. As we get to R11, I launch my enveloped S torp. He fires his P1s at R11 for a few more points of damage to my #1, and turns off. I turn off and we fly away from plasma for a while.

T2: I start at 31 with a sc to 17 on about impulse 10. He goes 28 and slows down to 14 on impulse 7. I turn and run from his plasma, he slips to run mine out a bit. After he slows down, the plasma catches him and hits for 40 damage after a couple phasers. I run out his enveloped G torp to nothing. We stop at about impulse 11, as at something like 25 hexes apart.

Game to be continued at some point (but not same time next week, as it is my wife's birthday :-)

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 10:25 am: Edit

BS (Klink) Blows up my BS detector. (Aux DHDg)

Yep i detected BS when I went Boom!. T2 I fouled up my defensive drone launch window and ate his SP drones. The combined mizia from earlier weapon fire stripped my weapons pretty badly. So I gave in.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 06:49 pm: Edit

If anyone hears from Gary Bear.... I'm looking for him to complete my World League Game.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 09:49 am: Edit

PoolC

BalnNForty pulls it out against BanTheFed on turn 6.

Having played the last 2 turns like a weenie to save his skin, BTF decides to be manly and handle the Kzinti drones with tractors and phasers instead of weasels. He even moves forward this turn! However, B&F is smart with his drone launches and dribbles them out instead of sending a huge wave, making it a difficult choice to weasel them anyways (I had 2). The Kzinti is able to accelerate himself and gets several shots on Fed's weak (then later down) #6, stripping tons of weapons and ending the turn on a down shield with the Fed's 2 remaining photons unfired. Fed was pressing for a hack n slash attack but Kzinti was smart and moved TOWARDS the Fed instead of AWAY.

I've learned my lesson - in a Fed against Kzintis, be a weenie as manly play gets you killed. This ship aint no Orion or Hydran.

Good game Barry!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 11:33 am: Edit

Right--so progress check:

We have 1 month left (preliminary round ends May 16th).

Progress by team:
-Colorado: 7 games done, 19 points
-Philly: 6 games done, 12 points
-Geezer: 7 games done, 11 points
-C.A.T.: 5 games done, 11 points
-Death Tongue: 4 games done, 10 points
-Watchmans: 4 games done, 10 points
-Alpha: 6 games done, 10 points
-New Jersey: 3 games done, 7 points
-SWA: 5 games done, 7 points
-Yellow Alert: 3 games done, 7 points
-Australia: 4 games done, 6 points
-Gama: 3 games done, 5 points
-Beta: 2 games done, 4 points

Top 8 teams (regardless of pool) will advance to the final tree.

Now is the time to, if you have a non responsive opponent, send them and me an e-mail (to them, cc'ed to me); if you are trying to contact them and they are not responding, you get the win.

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 02:17 pm: Edit

What is the status of Del Bristol?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 02:25 pm: Edit

As far as I'm aware, he spoke to his teammates, possibly arranged some games, might have run into some more real life issues, and might or might not be playing them at this point.

At this point, either he is going to play some games, or not and count as a no show. Hopefully, things are ok with him.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 09:11 pm: Edit

yep. he said he was going to play. If he doesn't show by the deadline, we are hosed. In a recreational sense.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation