Archive through May 10, 2009

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through May 10, 2009
By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 11:13 am: Edit

Pool C Action
Moose (Klingon) vs jonbig (TFH) tomorrow night at 9:30 pm eastern time.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Peter,
Barry Kirk (a.k.a BaldnForty) (ZIN) vs Gary Bear (a.k.a GUNNER) (WYN (1FDg)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 08:59 pm: Edit

Paul,

What has happened in that game? Has Gary stated he is unable to play the rest of the game? I think I'm missing out on something.

If Gary is a now show for the second half, he is a no show.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 09:28 am: Edit

Go Moose!

My game vs. Dread_Lord's Klingon is tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday evening, May 5th. So Team New Jersey is showing some signs of life. Hooray for the cheap gas state!

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 02:11 pm: Edit

Peter,
So Barry gets a win for it?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 04:09 pm: Edit

Paul,

To be clear--I don't know what happened to that game. From what you have said, I gather that it has started, was paused in the middle, and that Gary has subsequently vanished. I haven't actually heard or read anything from either player on the subject (I went looking for a post about it in the archives, but couldn't find one--not that one doesn't exist, but I couldn't find it). I posted the procedure for what to do with a non responsive opponent above. Assuming that Barry goes through said procedure, and Gary is non responsive, then yeah, Barry will get the win.

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Peter, I haven't heard from Del yet. Just FYI.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 04:38 pm: Edit

Carl...you probably won't hear from Del. SFB is the last thing on his mind. But we need to wait till the deadline before we end the reign of Team Yellow Alert.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 04:40 pm: Edit

I dunno, Andy. You might advance anyway :-)

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 08:13 pm: Edit

Peter,
The only thing Barry posted was "If anyone hears from Gary Bear.... I'm looking for him to complete my World League Game." I will ask him to send an Email describing the situation.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Oh, ok. Well, if you talk to Barry, have him send me and Gary an e-mail with the subject of "SFBOL WL NO SHOW", and if we don't hear from him, and the game never gets finished as a result, Barry gets the win.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 10:53 pm: Edit

2 turns completed of Moose vs jonbig in Pool C. At the end of turn 2 we are 8 hexes apart in the center of the map circling each other. The Rom has a 9 box #2 and 5 boxes off his #6, the Klingon has 1 box off his #5. The Rom is down 1 PPT and the Klingon SP has been used (and killed, but it served me well, allowing me to regain the center of the board and forcing the Rom to burn a lot of phasers to kill it). Currently the Rom is holding 70 points of plasma and will be on turn 2 of arming the 1 S torp he launched on turn 1.
Basically it is still anybody's game.

By Jonathan Biggar (Jonb) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Moose didn't detail my woes: The SP cost me 6 points of power to kill with phasers (I killed 3 drones on T1 with 4xp1 and needed 4xp3 to finish off the last 3.)

Adding insult to injury, I fired 2xp1 at my two S torps at range 6-8 the impulse before Moose was going to let them hit for 1 each to conceal whether they were real or not. I rolled:

and

:(

8 out of 9 shot to gain an information warfare advantage, and I can't do it.

By Timothy Sheehy (Spydaer) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 11:15 am: Edit

Don't look at it that way, be a glass half full person and say your plasma's are freaking unstoppable!!

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 11:52 am: Edit

Anders Granstrom in Team Gezeer Patrol concede his game to Dave Cheng. Short on weapons, and time to play, he needed Dave to make a mistake. He didn't expect that to happen, however.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 03:30 pm: Edit

So two teams tie for "We Got All Our Games Done Firstest!":

-SWA (15 points)
-Alpha (13 points)

Go them!

Just to repost instructions:

If you have a non responsive opponent (i.e. someone who you have sent e-mails to, and heard nothing back now), please do the following; send me and your opponent an e-mail with "SFBOL WL NO SHOW" in the subject line, asking if your opponent can meet up for a game, and if you hear something, let me know, and if not, I'll count them as a no show.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 07:44 pm: Edit

Peter,

I sent the e-mail... but didn't have the correct subject line... And I don't want to have Gary in the no show section yet... I understand the deadline is May 16th, and I want to give him time to return to the known universe

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Barry,

I responded to your e-mail hours before you posted the above message. Did you get that?

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Bear over Dread Lord in a bloody four turn fight.

T1 Enveloped B, rolled C and held a standard PPD and 1 WW. I moved 24-17-26, slipping in mid turn with 23 move tot. Pat plotted 15-26 for 19 movement. Imp 1 he launched the SP then moved to let drones catch and pass. I launched EPT at R11 then slipped out for seperation before turning F behind torp to R7 while still at sp17. Fired PPD on sh6 finding 4 reinf. Pat counter turned in, ate 3 pulses and EPT to reach r4 (5 total reinf). We exchanged at r4, outside wing arc. Pat had 3OLs and 4 P1s to my 6P1s. Neither of us rolled well and I kept my sh2 at a box while punching his #1 for 5 in netting hull a p3 and p1. I then HET away, poped the D torp and ran followed by an angry Klink, slipping out to take torp on a flank. Imp 32, Pat fired P2s into the F reducing by 4.

T2 I ran from the klink and his drones, rolling C, under-loaded the PPD, topped batts added to P-Cap and plotted a 17-20 (18tot) split that would let drones get to 1 but no closer. Pat OLed 4, moved 26-15 for 19 moves total and chased. He ate the F for 1 int on 2.1, then ran me down to r4 on my 4 and hammered me for 26 internals netting both Fs, 2 batts but only 1 p3. I launched the destroyed E, Pat turned off, I turned in to follow, phasering down the SP drones at r1 (had to tractor 1 to turn in and get P1s in arc to destroy). Pat took the F for 15 on his 4, which held at 2, launched two fast drone Is and I had to tractor one over the turn break, killing other. Ended turn a r9.

T3 Loaded PPD to 3 pulses, EPT the C torp topped phasers, held fast drone in tractor and charged at 8. Pat moved 16-8-4-0, OLed 4 filled batts and plotted a HET, adding to Cap with last 4 power. I missed the Het oportunity onto my weak 2, and Pat punished me at r8 for 26 more in, netting C torp and PPD (in first pulse of firing) but still leaving me most phasers. Pat launched 2 more fast. I launched destroyed C EPT which caught Pat for full 40 same imp he changed to speed 4, doing 12 internals, ADD, Disr, P2 and fluff. Pat launched WW for shift protection from closing ISC phasers. I put two manned shuttles out and closed ending at r3 off his down 1. 3.32 I fired last P1 and shuttle p3 through shift for 5 more.

T4 EPTed the B torp, parked then ran in reverse while topping off P-cap and reinforcing my #1. Imp4.1 Pat fired Alpha at r3 under passive and I returned with 3 P1s on his down 1. Pat dropped my 6 to 1 box while I scored 11 internals, netting 2 more p1s. Pat launched 2 MI drones which I was able to Weasel away. My shuttles scraped his 2 for 4 and punched 4 through his down 1 for 4 (netting another p1). I thought he had another WW so held EPT until near end of turn, hoping he would weasel late and let me back out of r8 on T5 while he was raising FC. Turned out he didn't have another weasel, ate the torp for 40 on 4.32 which stripped all weapons but two disrupters. With my ISC moving behind a solid #1 with 6 Phasers and Pat's shields at 0-7-3-0-0-0, he conceeded game at this point.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 11:14 pm: Edit

Way to go, Al!!!

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 05:54 am: Edit

Peter,

Yes I got your e-mail... Only been checking the board twice a week though.

Barry

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 05:56 am: Edit

By Patrick Hill (Dread_Lord) on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 02:03 pm: Edit

Hey Marcus, we've got a big delivery coming up tomorrow, so I don't think I am going to be getting out of work until close to midnight so I don't think I can play tonight.

I'd have sent an email but I don't have access to email at work (although interestingly I do have access to the SFB disc board...)

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Oh poo :(

We'll have to figure out another time. Thanks for the heads up!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 10:13 am: Edit

Right. So we have less than a week left for the first round. Round 1 ends May 16th. If you are having trouble getting your opponent to respond or set up a game, please send me and him an e-mail titled:

SFBOL WL NO SHOW

(just like that--so I can keep track of it in my inbox) and if nothing happens, you get a win and your opponent gets a No Show. If someone knows that they can't play a game by next weekend, if you send an e-mail to your opponent and say "I can't make it", you'll get a point for caring.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation