Archive through July 09, 2009

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 09, 2009
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 12:48 pm: Edit

Saw the Steve/Roger message, so they are in contact. Proper is fighting Wrigley tomorrow. We are golden!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 01:02 pm: Edit

So Duke (LYR) beat CrashandBurn (WAX). So the fates of Matchmans and SWA hang in the balance, and that balance is Swamplor (KLI) vs Maravin (FED), which is already under way.

Progress! It is being made!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 01:06 pm: Edit

Word just in, Swamplor (KLI) defeats Maravin (FED) in Watchmans vs SWA, so Watchmans advances.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 01:33 pm: Edit

Booyah!

By David Cheng (Davec) on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 04:13 pm: Edit

We shall have our revenge by taking the Ithaca Cup from you this summer!

Go Team SWA!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 10:16 am: Edit

So we are snagged up on the Team New Jersey vs Team Deathtongue matches--Bill is out of town, Roger is having schedule difficulties, so it seems likely that their bracket won't be resolved till after Origins (i.e. the beginning of July). So hold on tight!

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 10:28 am: Edit

Brookie, call me if you want to talk Lyran vs. Klingon.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 02:46 pm: Edit

k, will do.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 09:45 am: Edit

Hey! We are all back from Origins! We need the Bill/Brook and/or the Steve/Roger game to happen post haste!

Please check in if you are one of the people listed above.

Thanks!

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 03:56 pm: Edit

At a certain point, a no-show is a no-show and we should move the tournament along based on points that have been scored.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 06:43 pm: Edit

Andy,

I gave everyone an extension due to Origins.

By Roger Rardain (Sky_Captain) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 08:58 am: Edit

I believe I must schedule the game with Moose.
I'll send him an email this evening (cannot access email at work).

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 09:44 am: Edit

Roger, I am free most days for the next week except Thurs (playing my Rat 31 game), Sun, working a 24 hour shift, and Tues night. Other than that I am good until next Friday night, just let me know what is good for you.

By Roger Rardain (Sky_Captain) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Moose,

This Friday evening looks good - 7pm EDT. Does that work for you?

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 03:30 pm: Edit

Should be good. May have to take a short break to put the kids to bed, but other than that we are good to go for Friday evening. See you then.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 02:31 pm: Edit

So Roger vs Stephen is tonight, correct?

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 05:19 pm: Edit

Yes, at 7

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:20 pm: Edit

In the bracket B quarterfinal Moose defeat Sky_Captain.

Turn 1 I go with a 15/21/28 plot, arm 4 standards, 2 ww and some reinforcement on my #2 shield.

He moves 12/20/24 and launches his sp on imp 1, moving to stay near the drones. As the turn progresses we end up coming to range 6 where I fire 2 ols (off battery), 2 standards and 5 p-1s at him, taking his #1 shield down to 9 boxes after some reinforcement. I turn off on imp 32 to avoid letting him get to range 5, so he fires 4 standards and his p-1s for 18 damage to my non-reinforced #3 and we end the turn at range 6 with his drones at range 4.

Turn 2 I figure I will stop and weasel off his drones (unhappy that he didn't put 4 more on the map on imp 32)> I plot 0/10 (on 26), recharge my phasers, ol everything and put some into tractor.
Roger starts off at 24 ( I think he was figuring on chasing me down this turn). When he sees me stopped he immediately turns off. He also launches 4 speed 20 drones, I guess to try to force me to stay under weasel restrictions longer. I tac and when the SP drones get to range 1 I weasel since it is imp 5 and the shuttle will move next imp. I angle the launch so that his 4 turn 2 drones will impact during the explosion period. His 10 drones blow my ww all over the place and he contnues to run, speeding up to 26 as soon as it is possible for him. I see he will not be getting back to me this turn and spend 2 batteries to speed up on 19 instead of 26. Near the end of the turn I launch 2 speed 20 drones and he fires 2 standard disruptors at me at range 15, missing with both. We end the turn at range 15 or so and I discharge 4 my 4 ols.

For turn 3 I plot 10/20 (on 19), arm 3 ols, Put 4 reinforcement on my #1, start another ww and plan to pin him against the map edge, as he has been moving around the edge of the map while I am in the middle.
Roger continues at 26 and I slowly follow and my drones continue the pursuit. He gets another range 15 shot with 2 standard disr, this time hitting with both for 2 damage to my #1 after my reinforcement. Towards the end of the turn he launches 4 speed 20 drones at me and my add kills 2 of them, then my add gunner, drunk on his success, misses the next 3 or 4 shots :) We end the turn at range 9 and I discharge 3 ols and he discharges 2 standards that were never in arc.

Turn 4 I plot 20/21/28 with 3 ols, 2 ww and figure i will just move to pin him in the corner this turn, since he has nowhere to run now. Roger evidently agrees as he goes speed 20/26 (on 6) and turns in on me. As we close I fire 2 p-2s at his turn 2 drones at range 1, rolling 2 6's, leaving them both alive :) Neither of us move next imp so I tractor 1 and kill the other with my right wing p-1. Roger fires 2 p-3s at my 2 drones, rolling 5,6, leaving them both there, so he is forced to use 2 more phasers on them. He also launches 2 speed 32 drones that my ADD gunner, embarrassed by his failure last turn manages to kill. At range 3 I declare ED, stopping on imp 10 when we will be at range 2. I am on his weak #1 shield, and neither of us move next impulse. I fire 4 ols (1 from batteries) and my wing p-1s, doing 32 damage to his #1 (missed with a disr). he takes 21 internals after 2 reinforcement. I kill a drone rack, disr, several p-3s and a p-1 and a tractor beam. Next imp I fire my 3 p-1s in his down shield, looking for that second tractor beam. I do 14 more internals getting 2 more p-1s (no more p-3s in arc) and another drone rack, but no tractor. I thought I might be in trouble here. On imp 10 I turn off, giving him my weak #3 shield, and after I stop I ww, hoping h would just shoot past me at his high speed. Instead he fres his 2 rs p-3s to kill my weasel and I take 4 collateral (stopped 3 with the general reinforcement from ed'ing) from the drone I had held in tractor. The next impulse he declares ed and on imp 13 comes to a stop 1 hex off my #4 shield. When the explosion period of the ww wears off he tractors me, which I cannot fight, and launches 2 drones and a shuttle at me. I use my 2 lr p-2s to ak one drone and fire my last p-3 at the shuttle. I only do 3 to the shuttle, so next imp the remaining drone and the shuttle move into my hex. Luckily the shuttle is a dummy, so i only take 24 damage from the drone, getting a forward hull. Roger than fires his last 2 p-3s in my down shield, doing 7 internals and getting one p-3. The next impulse, knowing he had no phasers left I launched a type 4 drone at him, to see if he would weasel it. It hit, taking 24 off his #2. The next impulse I launched my other type 4 doing 18 more internals, getting his second tractor and freeing me. It was impulse 18. Imp 19 I launch my SP on a ballistic course to stop one hex in front of me, range 2 to him. He launches his last 2 shuttles as phaser platforms, firing one of them at me on imp 27, getting 4 more internals, killing my add and another p-3. On imp 29 my sp blossomed and would go in his down shield on imp 32, so Roger conceded.

It was a good game, very enjoyable.

Now it is all up to Brook and Bill to see who advances.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 12:07 am: Edit

Right. Brook! Bill! Play a game!

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 02:00 am: Edit

I will be available all next week, except for Sunday when I have that pesky little Gold Hat Final game.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 08:40 am: Edit

a.k.a the Deathtongue Final

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 10:29 am: Edit

Brook?

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 11:10 am: Edit

?koorB

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Hey--any news on Brook/Bill? I sent Brook an e-mail, but haven't heard anything from him.

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 12:20 am: Edit

I am largely available, but Brook has matches in RAT 30 and 31 to complete, and tight time frames.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation