Archive through April 09, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through April 09, 2010
By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 10:11 am: Edit

I like Andy's line of thinking

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 05:50 pm: Edit

Huh. I just noticed this discussion was going on. I'll totally run WL again (as I already have the web infrastructure already built) , but as there are currently, like, 3 tournaments going on (possibly even 4), and consternation about people over committing already, I figure waiting till the spring (April/May?) is a good idea.

Opinions?

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 06:07 pm: Edit

I would definitely wait until masters is in the round of 4 at the minimum. Late spring will probably be fine.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 08:23 pm: Edit

May was discussed earlier.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:14 am: Edit

Ok, cool. How about I plan on starting the tournament in May, and will start taking team signups in April. So start finding team mates, everyone who wants in with World League. If you don't know what World League is, click on the link at the top of the page to World League 2009 which has all the rules and results from the last tournament.

Just for the record, I'm gonna go with Team Kind of Ithaca
-Peter Bakija
-Chris Proper
-Andy Koch

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 02:44 pm: Edit

I have with little regrets shelved the idea of The Swedish Bikini Team. Instead I plan on putting together an all Orion group, which I think would be very cool.

Mail me if you are interested.
Note: Parrots are not mandatory.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 03:14 pm: Edit

Team IIIxf

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Andrew, was that a joke? Didn't get it:P

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 10:09 am: Edit

Team Iron Mans!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 06:16 pm: Edit

Holy criznap! It is time to take signups for World League 2010!

My hope is to get enough teams for everything to be nice and even, which, IIRC, is exactly 12 teams of 3 (that makes the initial pool games work out perfectly), but barring that, I'll take what I can get.

Here is what you need to do to take part in World League 2010:

A) Get a team. A team is exactly 3 players.

B) Pick a team captain. The team captain does not have to do anything other than register the team.

C) The team captain will e-mail me the following information:

-Team Name
-Player 1's actual name, JOL handle, Player 1's e-mail, Player 1's ship (include option mount selections).
-Player 2 (same info as Player 1)
-Player 3 (same info as player 1)

e-mail this information to pdb6@lightink.com. Please make sure to include "World League" in the subject line.

Alternately, if you want to enter as a rogue agent (i.e. without a team) and get assigned a team, send me:

-Your actual name, JOL handle, e-mail, and ship choice.

And I will do the best I can to assign you team mates, but if you are the last rogue agent, you might miss a spot, so if you want to be in World League but don't want to find yourself a team, e-mail early.

In terms of available ships, I'm just going to use the currently sanctioned tournament ships (i.e. no Jindarian, and there is some version of an Andro, but I'm not sure which one it is right now). As I am playing and organizing the tournament, in the name of full disclosure, I'm being a Gorn.

If you are unsure of how World League works, click on the World League 2009 link above for information (until it gets changed into the World League 2010 link, after which, click on that one).

Feel free to use this forum to ask questions and organize teams if you'd like until the tournament starts, but please, to register a team, follow the above directions (i.e. e-mail me the appropriate info in the appropriate format).

I'd like to start the initial round of 3 games of round robin by, let's say, May 23 (I'll post the match ups then).

Ready! Set! Make teams!

By Robert F Estrada (Racerx) on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 06:41 pm: Edit

HYD for hire! :)

Racer

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 05:00 am: Edit

Do you like plunder, blood and doubling engines? Captain Hardcore, on TBR Maniac, invite you to come fight under the banner of the Jolly Roger! Parrots are not required but a ruthless streak is not a bad thing to have.

(Non-Orions should not apply. Feds will be forced to walk the plank.)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 04:17 pm: Edit

Hey! People! Tournament! Start organizing teams!

By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 07:06 pm: Edit

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Any Roms out there needing a TKE let me know.

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Yeah yeah, peter, we are actually allready done. Team composition to be announced later.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 07:33 pm: Edit

We should probably have an announcement sent out and a new Topic made up for WL 2010. You can put your instructional post up above in the header, as it's pretty good.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Yeah, that makes sense--it didn't really occur to me that this thread was World League 2009...

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Oh, no wait, on the main page it is just World League. Weird.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Team SWA (Rigley, Rocque, Cheng) is ready to go.

-DC

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 12:18 am: Edit

Anyone need a wyn for hire? This year I'm trying the WBS but if needed I can fly an Aux.

Kerry

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 07:27 am: Edit

Peter, why not send out an e-mail like is done for the RATs? People do miss the start of this; I appraised "BaldnForty" of the new WL as late as yesterday.
I am not sure who has the mailing list however. Is it "moose"? PF should know in any case.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 08:05 am: Edit

Team Philly (Kirk, Franz, Rae) is ready to go.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 12:04 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'll probably get someone to send out an e-mail (Beeson maybe?), but they usually take a while, and I don't know that they ever help.

By Robert Grey (Tugger) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 02:47 pm: Edit

Kerry, would love to have you on our team.

Tugger

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 03:12 pm: Edit

OK just include me in as playing the WBS(BB) unless you have other suggestions or ship needs.

Kerry

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation