Archive through April 22, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through April 22, 2010
By glenn somerfield (Sumo) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 03:40 pm: Edit

....i will be in...i have no team,...yet....

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 07:41 pm: Edit

No fear; there use to be formed a team of the "leftovers":)

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 07:42 pm: Edit

But seriously; start a team yourself! You can attract players by either a cool name, theme, or just by accepting players from your own state/nation.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 08:11 pm: Edit

Yeah, there will certainly be a leftovers team, but if you guys can organize yourselves here, that would be handy. The current team roster looks like:

-Team Philly
-Wynning Team
-Team Dark Star
-Team Kraken
-Team Iron Mans (is that us, Chris?)
-Team Leftovers (which is just Michael right now, but Glenn and Kludge have mentioned wanting to be in...)

If we can get up to 8 teams, that'd be awesome. Someone organize Team New Jersey (Brook? Marcus? Steve?). And there has to be someone else.

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 09:03 pm: Edit

Actually kreig and I have formed a team and are looking for a 3rd.

Team Stooge: I'm Curly

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 11:59 pm: Edit

I would like to play. Looks like Team Colorado will not be forming this year, so if there is a team that needs a Hydran, count me in.

Andy Vancil
SFBOL Laszlo
Hydran

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 01:40 am: Edit

We got a whole month to get the numbers to 12. Would really like having a good field like the last year (13 teams!).

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 11:42 am: Edit

I'll throw myself onto the list also. I can fly whatever ship makes sense for the team I end up on.

Brian

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 12:00 pm: Edit

So far, people who have volunteered but have no actual team yet:

Kludge and krieg
Mike Helbig
Evans
Laszlo

Which is almost 2 teams right there. I'll throw people together into teams at the last minute, but if any of you listed above want to organize and make yourselves a team, please do so.

By glenn somerfield (Sumo) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 02:15 pm: Edit

auurgg .... D7 looking for others .... auurggg

..... i dont care if you are green, have 8 legs, an iguana for and aunt or part of one of the the meow fleets ..... come join team "KATANA"

auurgg .... D7 looking for others .... auurggg

By Robert F Estrada (Racerx) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Can you guys please not sign up as D7's! :(

The D7 (flown well!~)can very easily chew up the AUX!

While the D7 is not as bad as Orion,,,its still bad!

I am not a black belt Aux.... not even a brown belt yet! hehe

( Recent NK loss to Kludges Klingon, another close game vs Avengers Klingon~ although that battle is going much better for me! :) )

Racer Out

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Hmmm, I sense there is a message here. If only Rob would post a bit more, we just might be able to figure out what he is flying.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 05:37 pm: Edit

Well, that ups the list of non-aligned to:

Kludge and krieg
Mike Helbig
Evans
Laszlo
Glenn

Which is 6 people making up 2 teams. I can just divvy you up willy-nilly, or you guys can contact each other and figure it out.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 05:52 pm: Edit

The World League 2010 website is now updated for 2010. The rules are there if you want to see what you are getting yourself into (click on link at top of page).

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 06:17 pm: Edit

I have to disagree with you about the Aux/Klingon fight Robert. I feel it is a very even fight, depending on the options in the aux.

By Robert F Estrada (Racerx) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 06:36 pm: Edit

Hey Steve! :)

Klingons are mean! hehe

Scatter Pack
B turn mode
UIM
Rear Phaser hose

oh...and an insidious little device called an ADD!

More work is needed at the Aux Dojo! :)

Klingon vs Aux likely 3/7 or (4/6- 5/5) depending on package

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 06:37 pm: Edit

Peter, you could add, to the text on the webpage, that info on options is also required.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 06:39 pm: Edit

I figure that is obvious. But I'll put it in when I get around to updating again.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 09:41 am: Edit

Wooden ships and Iron Mans!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 04:13 pm: Edit

Word on the street is that Bill Schoeller is in as a free agent. Feel free to contact him and organize a team with him, all of you free agents.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 04:52 pm: Edit

Yeah Robert on anything other than a phaser package AUX the KLI is disadvantaged ie if facing a LIIT or any of the common hellbore packages the KLI tends to lose around 60% of the time.

Again this is mostly as the AUX just takes the ints and keeps coming while being able to outrun spd 20 drones, and the KLI losing weapons quickly on alpha #2 due to hellbore stripping.

Yeah KLI has TM B etc but normally can't maintain speed for too long if using 3 or more OLs. Of course the KLI will get his first alpha in with OLs but after that the AUX is just trying to overrun him so the KLI has to be tricky to avoid that.

Most of the time the KLI is able to tear down shields readily but can't hit the same one twice. Yeah the ADD is brutal, but after it takes some drone hits does the KLI kill the ADD or real drone racks. The AUX handles internals well as long as you have "planned" for the hit. ie getting outmanuevered and hit on an already weakened shield is normally bad for you, but it is survivable.

As well if you are facing his rear phasers hose you shuold have put 7-10 reinf there so after letting him hit you the overrun commences or you strip things through his rear shields.

By Robert F Estrada (Racerx) on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Update

I am flying a Wyn package w/ an ADD! :)

if you can't beat em' join em'

By glenn somerfield (Sumo) on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 10:47 am: Edit

why one one ADD, replace the gatlings with ADD's, then fill um with type VI F drones

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 11:17 am: Edit

He is flying the Great Black Shark which only gets to use P1s, drone B, or ADD in its two option mounts.

I'm also pretty sure the Shark also can't put type VI drones in its ADD. I think only the Klingon can do that (but I might be off and I don't have the rules handy).

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 01:22 pm: Edit

That is correct. There are no upgrade points to use.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation