Archive through May 23, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through May 23, 2010
By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 06:57 am: Edit

Well, since the match-ups for this year haven't been decided yet I wouldn't expect the web site to show them.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 09:29 am: Edit

Hence the "I'll post them on sunday" note above. So sunday the 23rd we can expect the match-ups to be posted. Before then the website is just a place holder.

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 11:51 am: Edit

RacerX (ISC) vs Bakija!(Gorn or Kzin) :)

round one!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 12:13 pm: Edit

I'll see what I can do!

We already know I'm a Gorn. I posted that at the start of all of this in the name of full disclosure :-)

By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 05:11 pm: Edit

All I know is that I've used up all of my bad roles prior to the start of the tournament.

I mean how many times can you miss 3 out of 4 UIM Overloaded Disruptors at range 3!

I didn't think it was possible to roll a 7 on a six-sided dice...

:)

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 06:39 pm: Edit

well i've just about used up my good luck :(

Hardcore in the Orion Photon, Photon, Photon, Fusion, Fusion versus my Koligahr.

He gets to range 4 and fires his alpha strike. All three photons miss!!!!

I pursued him and didn't fire since I didn't get close enough and he had all three engines doubled.

The next turn he cloaks, and I rolled a one and retained lock on... :)

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 03:13 am: Edit

Unlucky you that we had decided it was just JFF before start;)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 12:39 pm: Edit

So I'm working on the brackets as we speak (?). They should be up by this afternoon some time. Rob! You still have time to change ships!

:-)

As noted, I'm going to use 2 pools of 5 teams, and then we'll have a finals bracket of the top 4 teams.

It occurs to me that I'm not quite sure how long to make the initial pool portion of the tournament. 6 weeks? 8 weeks? Opinions? Quickly?

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 12:52 pm: Edit

I would think that 8 weeks should be fine. With 5 teams in each pool will each player be playing 4 games? If so 8 weeks seems about right.

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 01:01 pm: Edit

Pete!

ATC! ATC! ATC!

Enough time for me to at least get in some practice games for web use! There is a lot of material to examine

if too late ISC is fine!

choices :) hehe

Racer!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 01:03 pm: Edit

Nah, I'm going to stay with 3 games each instead of 4 (I like to have realistic expectations :-). Using pools of 5 just makes the match up selection plan work better (as opposed to with pools of 3, where everyone has to double up with some team).

I figure 8 weeks is good, even with 3 games--that is 2 weeks per game, plus slack off time, especially as we are crossing over into Origins and the 4th of July.

So I'll say the initial round of pool games is going to go from May 23rd to July 25.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 01:05 pm: Edit

Hey--I have no idea what the SFBOL call signs are for the following people:

-Glenn Somerfeld
-Xander Fulton

Please someone let me know as quickly as possible. Thanks!

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 01:07 pm: Edit

Lots of time! wow! :)

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 02:42 pm: Edit

I think Xander is D'Deridex?

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Xander is dderidex
Glenn Somerfield is sumo

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 04:54 pm: Edit

Cool Matchups Pete!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 04:55 pm: Edit

And World League 2010 is GO!

Please click on the link at the top of the page for the World League web page, including the round robin pools. For your convenience:

Pool A: Team Philly, Team Stooge, Team Alpha, Team New jersey, Team Chaos

Pool B: Team Orion Slave Girl, Team Kraken, Team Iron Mans, Team Merc, Team SWA

I tried *really* hard to avoid players playing the same ship twice, but in once instance, I failed, and I tried really hard to fix it, but I just kept making it worse. So Andy Vancil has to fight 2 Klingons.

Also, due to the weird number of players, I had to have one player in each pool cross over to fight the other pool. So Kerry Mullan (KLI, Pool A) is fighting John Rigley (WAX, Pool B), These things always seem like they should work out nicely. But they never do.

The first round runs for 8 weeks (till July 25th). Please try and get your games played in a timely manner. Remember that games are scored:

-Win: 3 points
-Lose: 1 point
-No Show: 0 point

If both players just never show up or attempt to play, they both get 0 points for a No Show. If one player attempts to arrange a match and the other just never shows, the player attempting to play gets credited with a Win (3 points) and their opponent gets No Show (0 points). So if you are having trouble contacting your opponent but trying, please contact me/cc me on e-mails to them.

Everyone please contact your team mates and opponents to try and get things going.

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 05:23 pm: Edit

the link for pool B works, but not pool A.

By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 05:29 pm: Edit

Both were working just now for me.

One of my opponents doesn't have an email though showing so I'm hoping he'll contact me.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 05:34 pm: Edit

I was also able to view both pools. Try again Carl.

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 05:44 pm: Edit

No, I only get the old Pool A and C.
No biggie as I am in Pool B.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:07 pm: Edit

who is Glenn Summerfeld

and who is Xander Fulton

I'm matched up to Xander and Brook is matched up to Glenn and we have no idea who these people are.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:11 pm: Edit

Carl--you need to reload the browser. The old page is probably cached. There is no longer a Pool C. Only Pool A and Pool B.

Barry--you might note up above that I have asked for Glenn and Xander's handles. As I don't have them. Otherwise, just comb up a bit. They both have posted in this thread, and you can find their e-mails through their profiles.

It is also possible that I have mistyped some people's handles in regards to what is or is not capitalized. Why are call signs case sensitive?

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:14 pm: Edit

Also,

Can't seem to find the e-mail address of Clay Kruger (Krieg)

Edit... Found it... under krieg... lower case...

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Pool pages fixed with Xander and Glenn's call signs.

Xander is dderidex
Glenn Somerfield is sumo

Thanks Paul!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation