Archive through June 07, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 07, 2010
By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 06:41 pm: Edit

Kludge gets creamed by Andromedan.

The Dice Gawds were truly NOT with us. Out of nearly a dozen ADD rolls only got 1 hit combined.

Paul Grabbed me in trac and wasn't going to let go so i could get away to use my SP. I figured it would be best used in second pass. Of course what do I know I'm the one getting clobbered.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 01:31 am: Edit

Well, it was a 12 turn slug fest. Up_All_Knight over sumo. Go team NJ!!!!!!!!! :) I guess I'll give some details when I'm not that tired.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 09:06 am: Edit

Pool pages have been updated with results. Please, if you have played a game so far, check and see that I posted the results.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 08:23 am: Edit

John Rigley: I'm still having issues with my interweb connection, I'll keep you posted but our prospects are dim for tonight I would say.

By glenn somerfield (Sumo) on Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 02:41 pm: Edit

Lose report from the D7 'Insomniack'

Vs: Up all knight in RFH - 12 turn hit and run fest...what finished me was being hit (in trac) with 2 SS at R1 with no def fire left. In the end both ships were well gutted, but i hit NO plasmas. 2 plas F's (one fast load) did me in.

Vs: Tugger in Orion Phaser Raider - 2 turn klingon hunt / slaughter

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Tight game in progress w/ Kraigs Gorn

We are starting T4

Gorn has light damage in front, down #5 ( now repaired to 1 box) He repaired 2 warp as AWR?
no WW's used
I launched a T3 EPT at the Gorn, it is 4-5 hexes in front of him

ISC has down #2, and #6 50% down. I have used 1 WW

Anybodys game still

Racer

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 01:50 pm: Edit

Carl,

Thought we had a game today?

Ron

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 04:37 pm: Edit

Clayton

Can you play Saturday morning 10ish PST?

(I re-examined my postion, I think you have a slight edge so far~~ )

Racer

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Just so you all know what you're up against, I present to you Team New Jersey.

From left to right:
Steve McCann (Moose), yours truly (BanTheAlcohol), Brook Villa (Up_All_Knight), and Chris Dixon (honorable FtF sparring partner and Captain_Nemo when active on SFBOL)

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg45/RushAss/BG%202010/Team_nj.jpg?t=1275581577

Can somebody show me how to upload images to this board? I tried following the Documentation > Formatting instructions to the letter and I can't get it to work correctly.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:25 pm: Edit

Old_School (LDR, Orion Bikini Team) vs bakija (GRN, Team Iron Mans)
tonight, 8:00-8:15 Eastern

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:29 pm: Edit

Peter is a bastard and he will kill Kenny!

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Marcus, only moderators can upload images.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 03:40 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm not excited about this RPS (especially in Peter's hands), and am pretty much expecting a beatdown from the judge tonight! But, we'll still have the best mascots. :)

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 04:48 pm: Edit

The CIA has very little information on team Kraken, and what there is seems suspicious.

Team Kraken are well known for their flamboyant individual style.

The criminal known as "Mike" have an eyepatch, peg leg and wear "a ridiculously large black captain's hat" according to what is told in bars. It has been confirmed his ship is the "Black Pearl".

"Carl" OTOH is a swarthy man, of possible spanish origin, with black curls. Wears an eye patch too. It is said he speaks only in whispers during combat and that his bridge crew have had directional microfones installed to be able to discern his commands. The ship was once named "Gold and glory" but is nowadays only called "Maniac", for unknown reason.

No solid info on "Scott" yet, but there is speculation the captain is of Moorish descent whose eyes glow, and white teeth gleam, in the dim light of the bridge. The captain in question is fond of moorish daggers.

[Photos were removed by request from the Pharao cartel.]

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 08:30 pm: Edit

Nomad(KLI) vs Bear(Gorn)

Through T3.
T1 KLI launched 2 spd 32 scatter and Gorn launched enveloper(A) and turned out I had the choice of eating the full enveloper and possibly getting an OL shot late(only if he didn't turn away) or runnning enveloper a little. I chose (B).

T2 starting at R14 ish. Ran at spd all turn(28/27/21/27 plot). I ate his enveloper for like 3 per shield. We then closed to R8 and I hit him with 2 OL+std..well I fired em anyway hitting with one OL. After this Gorn HET into me so I continued to close outside of FA launching drones as I went. We exchanged at R4 after he launched an Ftorp that would hit early next on turn on #6 shields(just knocking off shields)-due to him phasering my 4 scatter drones + the 2 launched this turn he only had a pair of P1s at me. Gorn then turned out bringing his #4 into arc, this caused his enveloper to be discharged at EOT.

T3 we start around R10 and both are wheezing. I go 15 most of the turn with gorn going 17. I trail up into the upper right corner after he turned in to help close the range. On imp 32 he again turned out to get his #4 phaser hose on me while I dented his #4 with phasers+1 OL.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 09:52 pm: Edit

Old School (LDR) over bakija (GRN)

Ken just keeps killing me.

T1: I go 26/24/16 with an enveloper. Ken goes 15/30 with 3xOL. At about R13, I launch the enveloper and turn off. Ken comes in a bit, realizes he can't get R8, and turns off. I turn in to chase him. We end the turn at about R15, my plasma chasing him. He barfs 3xOL. I feel good about this turn.

T2: I go 17/26/24 and put some power in HET and tractor. Ken moves some sort of 28/15/28 plot with a HET and 2xOL. He runs my plasma out to 2 damage, which he takes, and turns to try and face me. I come in, trying to stay out of his FA. He announces his ESGs coming up at some point. At about R7, I have a good plasma angle so he'll have to eat them at 12 hexes unless he HETs or stops, so I launch 50 plasma at him. His ESGs come up at R3 when we are at about R4. I launch a couple shuttles, which he promptly shoots with a couple P1s. I realize my plasmas are 1 hex in the wrong direction, letting Ken HET around them straight at me for an ESG ram on my #2 for 24 damage after my wounded shuttles. Ken shoots me with 2xOL and 4xP1 at R3, which I'm ok with untill he hits with both OLs are rolls well on the P1s. I take 28 in, losing a torp and 4 phasers (I shot a few already, seeing what was coming). Next impulse, I turn to face him, he slips out to R2 off my down #2. He gatlings me for 15 in (thankfully missing with a 3rd OL), shooting off more phasers. He gets to R1, so I tractor him. He gatlings my F on the map, and the plasma hits him in the #4 for 14 internals, killing an ESG and both gatlings, but it is too little, too late. I push him around a bit till I can turn and face him, take down his #2 with my last F torp and a couple phasers (doing a few more internals, killing the second ESG, of course), and we end the turn at R1, #1 to #1. I don't think it could have made my F torp hit his down #4 with cleverness, due to it being too late in the turn to pull it off. I have, like, 40+ internals at this point, where he has not even 20.

T3: Not much I can do here except hope to get lucky. I plot 0/-4 with some TACs, rearm my S torps, and put 15 reinforcement on my #1. Impulse 1, Ken tractors me, launches a couple shuttles, and shoots me with 3xOL and 5xP1. I don't get lucky. Ken hits with all 3xOLs, rolls well on the P1s, I take about 10 more internals, and surrender.

Yet another game I lose due to my plasmas being 1 hex in the wrong direction, allowing my opponent to HET around them and kill me. I gotta stop going that.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 06:20 am: Edit

Kenny, you bastard...you killed Peter!!!!

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 01:07 pm: Edit

Pool A action tonight at 10:15 eastern time. Team NJ's Moose (Klingon) vs Team Stooge's Laszlo (Hydran).

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 09:47 pm: Edit

I have to cancel tonight. E-mail sent to Andy.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 01:46 am: Edit

Hard to avoid those Stingers when you have a bum knee. We'll reschedule.

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 04:04 pm: Edit

Kriag(Gorn) over RacerX(ISC)

tough battle

I had some late issues with the client save/restore
at the time of my computer issues , he had a major advantage

Came down to a late missed bolt by ,me
Clayton had 4 WW's avail to my 2

lots of little errors on both sides..mostly by me overestimating my PPD damage.

Clayton was able to eat and survive an OL'ed PPD, then he did a slick HET ... we both did same phaser damage. His late F torp forced me to WW or eat it, or HET.. I chose HETing away. All bad choices for me. My #2 and #6 were down, back shields weak.

Clayon really won the exchange on T1
I ate a S torp for 22 pts... could have turned away. Those points kept haunting me through out the game
That and I stopped..or had the mindset of parking

I have been having problems vs Gorns! :( durable, fast, agressive

But lately have been playing very,very well vs the ISC nemesis (The Orion :) )

Re-discovering ISC weaknesses
1. ISC really is a FA ( Forward Arc oriented ship)
mainly PPD, and phaser suite
2. Unbelievably power hungry I was using my BATT's
completely nearly every turn to maximum

Racer

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 06:07 pm: Edit

If Racer I had turned away from early standard S torp, I think the outcome would have went in his favor. That kept me in the game.

Actually the first exchanged went in Racer's favor when he hit with an f bolt and I missed with mine. He got 7 internals thru my 5 shield knocking out 2 warp and all I did was half damage to his 6th shield. But then he guessed my 1st turn S torp was a fake and pursued me, taking 22 on his 2 shield.

Because of the gorn's nice power curve, I was able to ward off most of the damage by his PPD on turn 1. My original plan was an anchor attempt turn 2 with 70 points of plasma or turn 3 with 90.
But my dumb bolt on turn 1 ruined that idea.

On turn 6 I ate another PPD and 2 torps to corner him but I was still 12 hexes away, with a lot of shield damage now. Instead of trying to anchor him (I thought there was a good chance I would lose the auction if he TACd), I decided to slow down myself to sp 4, reinforce, and lob an S torp, 2 F torps, and another S torp over next 3 turns from a distance and eat up his last 2 ww.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Pool pages updated. Please, if you have played a game to finish, and have reported the results, please check to see that I updated the Poll pages with the result. If not, let me know.

Thanks!

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 08:21 am: Edit

===
I was fortunately able to defear Romwe in the phaserboat.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 10:30 am: Edit

Hot, sweaty pool A action!

In the green corner weighing in at 200,987 tons we have BanTheFed's Hydran representing team New Jersey.

In the red corner weighing in at 182,145 tons we have dderidex's Romulan Firehawk representing Team Alpha

Wednesday June 9 at 9:30 pm EST (6:30 PMT)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation