Archive through July 13, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 13, 2010
By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 12:22 pm: Edit

to Ken and Brians game

I recently saw Brian play some courageous games (along with Lazlo) both very good HYD players

Those are the sort of DAC rolls that have taken the fun out of flying the HYD ship for me :(

Yes, the HYD has won tournaments, but remains the most "dicey" ship in the game to fly.
Even more so than the FED imo

Racer

By Eric Rocque (Sgt_Rock) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 10:49 am: Edit

Grraven beats SGT_Rock

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 11:07 am: Edit

Pools updated. Please make sure to check and see if results you posted made it to the pool lists.

We currently have 26 of, uh, 46? 44? 45? games played (I'm really not sure how many total games there are. Anyone?), so we are more than half done, with about 3 weeks left.

The only person who hasn't started/played a game yet is, ironically, Proper (Proper!!!!!), but he swears he's working on it.

I don't think anyone is totally MIA. If you are having trouble arranging your matches for whatever reason, please send me a note.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 05:24 pm: Edit

I've got a game in progress that we are preparing to start turn 15 or 16 :)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Sweet monkey butler.

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Laszlo HYD over Krellex RFH.

Andy had me in a bad spot, with HB's, fusions, and a healthy fighter ready. I was in a corner, only one F torp loaded and options were limited. I decided to concede since I saw no way to win, and my only workable strategy would have drawn the game out forever. (i.e cloak and try to run...) Good game, plus Andy offered me some very good advice and tips. Thanks, Andy!

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 05:32 am: Edit

Hardcore vs Grraven underway. Advantage Klingon aftEr 5 turns.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 11:17 am: Edit

Akira takes 54 internals at the end of turn 1 and resigns. Captain Ron, you are warned.

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Proper has come out of hibernation!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Don't get cocky, kid!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 12:13 pm: Edit

More hot, sweaty pool A action!

BanTheFed (Team New Jersey, Hydran) vs Kludge (Team Stooge, Klingon)
Friday the 9th at 9:00 pm EST

Green on Black. Or perhaps Black on Green. It all sounds filthy.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 12:14 pm: Edit

Pool B Action

Akira (Orion SFff) - Team Kraken
vs
DaveC (Hydran) - Team SWA

Tonight, July 8th
6:30 EDT

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 01:17 pm: Edit

Go Curly Go! nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Ya Team Stooge :)

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 04:59 pm: Edit

My bikini girl needs a new fur coat.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Friday, July 09, 2010 - 12:03 pm: Edit

"Green on Black. Or perhaps Black on Green. It all sounds filthy."

.....and gangrenous. :)

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 02:04 am: Edit

Kludge wins over BanTheFed

T1 started out slow got onop of sp drones i26 Fired 2OL+2p1 (1each) at his fighters r7) Crippled both next imp killed them off with more p1s No ship to ship fire was at R6 at eot.

T2 Went 15 all turn at start he had 6sp on his #2 shield boundry at r2 I was in his FA and he was just inside my FH (not FA) i2 I turned he went 27? or so Closed to R1 I slapped Trac on him he didnt fight it then (I was ready to go to 10)

Exchanged alphas I did 53 on his #2 he did 56+20/20 (std HBs) We BOTH did maximum internals on Dac.he ate a SS and sp drone stack (he killed my ADD+1drone) on his down shield Killed 2 of stack so he ate 18+12 which killed off every phaser but 1 gat got both 2nd HB FB.

Fiddled around under trac my late drone only downed his #4 so no int. mid turn shut launch got a couple volleys nothing important other than pulling some power. Released trac near eot wound up only on his still intact #5 at r1. Used my bearing RS phasers to shoot it up on 32 thought he would sit and spin so figured get them to fire twice over 8imp.

T3 I went sp0 until I26 or so he went 16 I SHOULDA fired didnt think about a HET which he did I could have even done a trac to keep him at R1 but didnt (Neither of us had batts left) He got me at R0 hit me with 2 OLFB+gat (he started fixing 2p1s as p3 I fixed my bow#1 as a p2) Killed my last drone rack+ all but my 2p2 on the RS since they were out of arc. (I could of fired my Disr but didnt want to give him feedback on top of everything else.)

He slowed down heavily and eventually stopped just over half way through turn at r4 My Wtacs and 2 moves got me to where his shuttle was just in arc But he wasnt at r3 so I OL'd on it my 2 shuts were at r0/1 both on down shields.

T4 I kept at sp5 he sat still.i1 he launched and voided a WW to kill my r0 shut poked around until I over ran him he did a (2nd Crippled) HET and got around in desperation. I turned and phaser hosed him out my #4 (only 3p2) killed off his remaining FB and all but 1 p3.

Marcus played and great game and conceded at this point. I could have done better but was very lucky with my Disr rolls never missing when I fired. (My phaser dice helped make up for it though.)

If anything above is wrong its my fault.

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 02:12 am: Edit

Whoo whoo whoo that gives Team Stooge 15 POINTS!

NYUK NYUK NYUK!!!

Moe comes in and slaps Curly upside the head.
Get back to work

No respect no repect.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 07:57 am: Edit

BaldnForty ( Archeo Tholian ) defeats Krieg ( Gorn ) in 18 turns!!!

Neither ship had more than 15 shield boxes total by the end of the game...

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 07:24 pm: Edit

Carl,
I can do it this week if you're free. 2 pm Eastern works for me. Keep me posted

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Alistair Rae,
My emails to you seem to be bouncing, or something. We need to kill each other here soon :-)

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Steve

I work this Wed 7am-330pm PST

5ish PST / 8ish EST

does that work for you?

Racer

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 10:24 am: Edit

Andrew, that means 8 PM my time IIRC. Let's try tomorrow, tuesday. Today I plan get out of the house and get some healthy exercise.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:13 am: Edit

Good write up Ken!

I realized that I actually could have broken the tractor after our exchange on turn 2. I had originally planned on using batts to OL 1 fusion and 1 HB and changed my mind at the last minute to OLing 2 of the fusions and just doing the standard hellbores, so that only took 4 batts. However, I had it in my mind that I had used 5 batts because of my initial decision. Plus, I was figuring that I had a very solid chance of blowing both tractors off of your ship. I only got 1 tractor because I was busy killing weapons and power instead ;) So I had my 4 allocated tractor and 1 in batts that I totally forgot about. Funny how that worked out, eh? Then again, Ken decided not to tractor me at the beginning of turn 3 which allowed my HET and range 0 fusion fire on impulse 2.

The weasel snaffu at the beginning of turn 4 was silly of me, but also well guessed by Ken. I figured I'd try to sucker punch the shuttle in my hex on impulse 1, but Ken fired that same impulse and it essentially wasted the weasel. I should have waited a couple of impulses and then fired. It would have still been at range 0 and I would have benefited from the ww shift if your shuttles fired on me.

A few other notes - turn 2 I plotted 27/26/14

we where both downright mean on each other with the internals on the initial exchange. Ken got 4 phasers, a fusion, a hellbopre, 3 warp, and a tractor on his 23 internals. My vollies of 35 and 20 got me 2 disruptors, a drone rack, the ADD, 4 p1s, 2 p2s and a p3 along with about 15 or so power. We meant business!

Ken was lucky - Never missed with a disruptor the entire game out of about 10 or so shots. Also, I rolled 6,6 with 2 range 0 OL fusions on turn 3!

Marcus was lucky - my phaser dice where strong on the initial alpha and I rolled 2,3 with OL fusions. And while the 2 sixes for those turn 3 OL fusions hurt, I got EXACTLY what I needed on the DAC (1 dis, last drone rack, last tractor, 2 phasers, power), so it really didn't hurt that bad. I also succeeded on a second HET while crippled needing a 1-3 to do so.

Great, bloody game.

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 03:22 am: Edit

Bear vs Krellex set for Wed night 8:30 Eastern time.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 03:16 pm: Edit

Robert, I work tomorrow from 7 am to 7 pm eastern time. I could probably play at 9 pm eastern time or so, but Thursday would be better.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation