Archive through July 24, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 24, 2010
By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Bikini!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 03:08 pm: Edit

As of press time, the various scores are:

Pool A
-Team Philly: 12 (3 games pending)
-Team Stooge: 18 (1 game pending)
-Team Alpha: 10 (1 game pending)
-Team Jersey: 17 (2 games pending)
-Team Chaos: 14 (3 games pending)

Pool B
-Orion Bikini Team: 18 (1 game pending)
-Team Kraken: 14 (1 game pending)
-Team Iron Mans: 13 (2 games pending)
-Team Merc: 19 (all games done)
-Team SWA: 13 (2 games pending)

My hope is that all the games will be done by Sunday at some point (I'm perfectly willing to wait till Monday to post the final rounds).

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 04:09 pm: Edit

I was to fight Droid last Thursday, but he never turned up. Anyone seen him lately???

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 04:39 pm: Edit

Must have slipped his restraining bolt again.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Yeah. In the post, like, 3 above yours...

By Carl-Magnus Carlsson (Hardcore) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Ah, there he is. Andrew, I am visiting my parents this week, but will be back at the beginning of the next.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Hmm. Not that I want to be difficult, but the games are all supposed to be done by Sunday.

By Robert Grey (Tugger) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I will try to finish this round, as there are no takers.

UAK, Andro, what are good times for you to play?

Tugger

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 06:18 pm: Edit

Eric Rocque,

I got your email about not having received my previous emails (maybe your spam filter was stopping them?). In any case, I am posting here to try to schedule with you. Here's my availability, please let me know what is good for you:

Tue Jul 20, after 6:30 pm Eastern
Wed Jul 21, after 6:30 pm
Thu Jul 22, after 6:30 pm
Fri Jul 23, after 6:30 pm
Sun Jul 25, all day
Mon Jul 26, after 6:30 pm
Tue Jul 27, after 6:30 pm

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 09:41 am: Edit

Peter,
We will go for Monday if you want to forbear. If not go ahead and lower the boom. I'll forgive you someday.

Carl....Monday 20:00 ok with you?

By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 06:30 pm: Edit

Robert,

I put a post in for you in the NK section. However I understand if you need to put that on hold a bit in order to get the WL games in. I fine either way so let me know what works best for you.

:)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 06:33 pm: Edit

Nah, Monday is ok. Everyone try to get done by Monday?

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Peter,

Just a heads up to have the Judge Hat handy for my last game.

Don't know what is wrong with my client lately, but I can't save games. Kerry saved our game and passed me the file, but its not loading for some reason. I've gotten Paul involved and he says Kerry's file is fine, but I can't load it to keep playing. Kerry has been good about meeting my pretty unkind schedule of late and I'm trying to play this.

just so you know.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 07:31 am: Edit

Thanks Al. If you guys can figure it out, please do. If not, I'll judge up some judging as needed.

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 10:25 am: Edit

I conceded the match, Al had scored quite a few internals on me, and I had just scratched a couple of his shields. The only things I am aware of that I messed up are my torp arming (I paid for last turn arming T1), and on T3 (I think) I messed up my batt usage, so I had to do some creative accounting on the EA to show I had burned the power and then refilled it.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 11:24 am: Edit

Laszlo vs. Moose scheduled to continue tonight at 8:15 MDT.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 03:13 pm: Edit

Go Team Jersey!!!! We need the points!!!!

Peter,

Just so you know. Me and Tugger have been talking with each other about when we can finish our match. Life issues have prevented me from finding time to fit it in. Hopefully we can get it done this weekend. I really don't know when. Work has been busy and the weekends are pot luck because of family stuff. Last night if Tugger was on earlier I would of played him rather than Grraven but he came on after we had already started. Nobodies fault, just how things worked out. I'll keep trying.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 03:22 pm: Edit

Just do what you can. I'm not a harsh taskmaster.

By Kenneth Jones (Kludge) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 03:39 pm: Edit

Go Team Stooge!

We need the points more than Jersey. Ooh did I step in that. Wipes foot off.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 03:41 pm: Edit

What about a tarsh haskmaster? No? :)

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Moose(Klingon) vs Laszlo (Hydran)
Andy resigned on turn 4 after I killed his second HB. He only had 3 fusions and the 2 gats left and I was going to get a phaser shot at range 4 or less in a down shield.

I got lucky to get the HB since all 3 of my front shields were down at that point.

Good game Andy.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 12:02 am: Edit

Well played, Stephen. Turn 3, the key points were he hit with 4 OLs at range 3 thanks to the UIM, killing a HB and all my p1s. I got the fighters to range 1, but one had been crippled by an ADD. The other had had both deck crews loading fusion charges on it, and they hit for max damage. I should have gone into range 2 with my ship, but was worried if I used my gat on him, I would get into drone trouble. In retrospect, it probably would have been OK and would have evened things up a bit.

Turn 4, I probably should have either parked or ran to keep him on my up shields until the HB rearmed, but I thought I could keep him on my #6 (my #1, #2 and #5 were down) and it would take a HET to get him onto that shield later if I ran. However, I ended up giving him one impulse to shoot my #5 at range 11. All three disruptors hit, killing my last HB. In desperation, I tried closing, but there was no way I was going to outmaneuver the Klink.

Hopefully Team Stooge still has the points to advance. Sorry I couldn't get more. I went undefeated against non-Klingons but that was only one match.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 08:36 am: Edit

Good work. Only 6 games to go.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 11:16 am: Edit

Way to go Steve! It's nice to have team mates that can drag my useless weight around - LOL

By Eric Rocque (Sgt_Rock) on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 12:36 pm: Edit

Duke and Old_school I'm going to be online all day Saturday and Sunday trying to get our games in. If you see me I may be afk or tabbed out just message me until I respond. And I'm really looking forward to fighting two ESG ships in a row with a zinti. Thanks Pete :p

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation