Archive through August 22, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through August 22, 2010
By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Ahh, k my mistake then, I misremembered!

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Friday, August 06, 2010 - 05:29 pm: Edit

no problem. I had to bring up the game to check.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Paul and I are continuing Wed 7 pm Eastern.

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Moose and I finished our RAT game, so we're working on scheduling our WL game. Hopefully next weekend.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 08:29 am: Edit

So far, one game is done (Avenger vs Baldnfourty) and a couple are under way. Again, please try to get your games done by Aug 22nd.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Grraven(Klingon) vs. Up_All_Knight(RFH) underway.

3 turns finished.

Turn one, We approach, about range 14 I launch two standards(both real). I'm hoping he's brave. Unforturnately, he has a speed change to 30 and will get to range 8 before he has to deal with the plasma. I decide to het out of his forward arc. The rest of the turn I slip back towards him to sell him that the torps weren't real. He doesn't fall for it and turns off. He keeps range 2 from them.

Turn 2, He starts the turn at speed 23 and lets the torps hit after 25 moves. They do two to his #4. He is in the bottom left hand corner of the map and he begins to loop around. I actually come at him with my two f torps ready. With my speed I stay out of his forward arc. On the way in I launch my D torp and if he wants to turn towards me he will eat it on a shield that I am facing so he decides to continue direction A and run the torp out Because of his speed the torp hits for 11 on his #3. I then decide that I should run and reload and turn to D. At the end of the turn he launches two speed 20 drones.

Turn 3, I loop around and start flying towards the center of the board. He does the same. As we approach I decide to launch my C torp and a fast load from A to deter any aggressivness. I had a high speed(26) and had movement precedence. He launches two more drones(speed 32)I was trying to keep on the same shield as the torps would hit. He actually could of sideslipped out and taken them at range 6, but still didn't like the situation so we both fired at each other with phasers. I do 17 with 4 phaser 4's to his #6 at range 5, and he does 20 with 5 phaser ones to my #6. Add that to the standard disruptor damage and my shield holds at one box. He then het's away from the plasma and I turn away from the 4 drones in the air. The two speed 32 drones are the only real threat, so I tractor one and kill the other with two phaser 3's. Even though he hetted my plasmas are going to catch him in the 5-10 bracket, so he fires 6 phaser 3's and they both hit his #4, doing 19 damage. He then turns back around to persue me flying towards the center of the board again. I run for the far right lower corner. I let the drones(speed 20)catch up to me. I kill the tractored drone with two phaser 3's, and shoot one of the speed 20's with my last phaser 1. I then launch a suicide shuttle to kill the last speed 20 drone. I didn't want to pay for it any longer so I put it to good use. Towards the end of the turn he launches a shuttle which I happen to think is his scatter pack.

So, currently his shields are: 30/30/13/3/24/13 and mine are 30/30/24/15/24/1. He's fired a total of 8 standard disruptors at me and has only hit with 3. So, I've been lucky in that regard. His last phaser strike was above average and the fact that he ran out my two real torps on turn one is good for him. Even though he has more total shield damage, I consider him ahead at this point. I only have my B torp ready this upcoming turn and my position is not that great. He will have his scatter pack drones in flight soon and still has both his heavies(I think). He also can still make two drones speed 32, which is a real pain. This is a good game so far amd if he took a chance and let the torps hit at the 11-15 brackett on turn one, I would be slightly ahead at this point. Unfortunately that is not the case and he is probably smelling blood. He will have to run the gambit to get what he wants, but at this juncture he might be willing to so. We'll just have to see. Cloaking is an also and option for me. Gotta love those Romulans!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sheesh.....did I just say that? :))

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 11:14 am: Edit

CaptainRon V Bear scheduled for this Saturday morning if all goes according to plan.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 12:20 pm: Edit

BanTheFed (Hydran) vs BS (Rom TFH) Thursday night starting at 10:00 pm EST

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Slight change to the start time for Paul vs Ken part 2: 7:40 pm Eastern on Wed.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Old _School (LDR) over Andromedan (GBS) in an epic battle.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Paul vs Ken:

T7: LDR tacs/-5 with 2 OLs, Shark 0/-3/0. Impulse 1 the LDR fires with 2xOL (2/2) and the repaired P2 for 20, 9 internals after reinforce (2 P1s, P3, disr). The Shark returns fire with 2xP1 for 9 on me (P2, my last contol space so I am uncontrolled now). Paul kills 2 of my remaining 3 shutts with phasers, but the last one gets 4 more ints (P1), leaving Paul with 1 P1. I close at -5, and fire my RS Gat to chew up Paul's #1, and I slip (backwards) into his hex on i32. Paul repairs a P3 (3rd repair). We are both at like 13 power now.

T8: Impulse 1 I fire 2xOL, P1, Gat, and Paul concedes.

Epic game. I will say I got very lucky this game, with the 2nd HET, hitting with OLs late in the game on turns 6 and 7 when I really needed them, and having the 2nd ESG survive for so long (I used the 2nd ESG 3 times!).

Thanks for the great game Paul.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:57 pm: Edit

So Orion Bikini Team wins bracket B (no need for Ron to play Al, unless they really want to), advancing to the finals. Waiting on bracket A.

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Still think the plan is to play Saturday.

Congrats to the Bikini Team, and my Philly team mates for making the semis. Both games looked very well played all around.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 10:14 am: Edit

4 turns played so far in my game against Bill. I must say that we are not shy when it comes to taking damage.

Hydran status - Shields at 0/26/1/0/17/22 about 15 internals, down 1 HB, 1 p1, and 3 power. Both fighters roasted.

Rom Status - Shields at 25/0/19/19/19/0 about 17 internals, down 2 p1s, 2 p3s and 5 power.

I could be a bit off on those stats, but I think that's pretty close. All 4 admins are still in the bays for both ships.

We'll work out a scheduling deal shortly.

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 02:35 pm: Edit

Give Orion Bikini the sweep. Ron torched my Gorn today in 5 fun turns. He used most of his shields but took far to few internals for a Gorn that was 1 imp short of being tricky enough to survive(?).

Great game Ron. Loads of fun.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 06:35 pm: Edit

So bracket B is completely done. How is bracket A looking? Marcus/Bill and Brook/Mike are underway--any news?

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 07:34 pm: Edit

Brook and I are going to try and finish up tonight

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Marcus has his next RAT game scheduled for this week, and we might find a game this weekend.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Brian and I will likely play Thursday night.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 09:37 am: Edit

After a very long day at work, and after completing some chores at home, I just was too tired to resume my WL game with Grraven last night. So, we made plans to play our game today. Not sure when, but should be around 8pm eastern.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Heh, once again our game was postponed. Michael was hard at work and couldn't play. We are going to try again tonight. Not sure what time, but if our schedules come together and the stars align it might happen.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Moose defeats Romwe in a brutal 3 turn match. Much mizia on both sides when we finally engaged on turn 3 left the Hydran with 2 fusions and a gat while the Klingon had 3 disr, 2 drone racks, 3 p-1s and 3 p-2s left, so Brian surrendered.

Good game Brian.

Good luck Marcus and Brook

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Moose over Romwe. We did some maneuver, and finally shot each other up on turn 3. I killed the SP with ftr gats, and got 3 volleys of ints on him(17/13/14). He did 2 volleys to me(24/18). There were lots of good dice on both sides. I was left with 2 fusions, and a gat. He took a bunch of power, but could easily deal with my pitiful weapons so I conceded. Was fast and fun.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 09:44 pm: Edit

Good work gentlemen. Two more games to go! Any chance they'll be done by Sunday?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 05:29 pm: Edit

Hey--it is theoretically the deadline for the Semifinal rounds. Any news on the remaining two games?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation