Archive through September 21, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through September 21, 2010
By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 03:35 pm: Edit

Peter, you could just make two trees covering both possibilities. Then Marcus and Steve can get their four games done while waiting.

Just a comment from the cheap seats.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 04:07 pm: Edit

4 games? Wha?

Each player in the final tree is playing a single game vs a single opponent. So the final round will consist of 2 or 3 games total.

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Ahh, don't mind me. This is why I should never post during my lunch break. Ment you should create two trees for The Orion Bikini Team and make their people play multiple games against Marcus and Steve as well as Bill and Brian.

Basically I just want more scheduled games to watch.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 10:20 am: Edit

You're a sick one Al. Expect more Wild Bill phone calls late at night.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 09:23 am: Edit

Checking in--any news on the game?

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 09:38 am: Edit

Yes, spoke with Michael today early. We are shooting for 7pm tonight to continue/finish our game.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 11:00 am: Edit

Did the game get played last night?

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 12:18 pm: Edit

I think they played a turn or 2 and saved, continuation tonight I believe?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 04:37 pm: Edit

Here's to hoping :-)

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 08:13 pm: Edit

Hey, we're trying. We only played one turn. The game is still very close.

My shields are 30/0/19/15/24/1 and I'm down 4 power, 2 phaser ones and 2 phaser 3's.

His shields are 0/10/0/0/15/4 and he's down 2 power and one phaser 3(he's had two repairs, he's fixed a phaser 3 and a phaser 2 as a phaser 3)

Last turn he blasted my 8 box shield with 4 OL dis and did some mitzia(2 8 point volleys) and I launched an f and a fastload. The fastload made him ww and his drones went bye, bye. I decided not to try to get on his down shields and end the turn close and instead I ran and achieved range 9.

So basically I have room to run and rearm, but will have trouble turning around once I do so. He will still maintain his offensive punch, but his shields are very weak right now and pursuit might be difficult.

We might continue/finish tonight, but finding time is difficult. Our schedules are completely different.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 11:07 am: Edit

Another two turns played in the WL Semis. I ran and reloaded. He fired disruptors at long range on my full #5. He hit with 5 out of 8 standards. I was worried he would recapture his scatter pack shuttle and use it as a ww later so I dedicate 4 range 5-8 phaser ones to it and do a total of 4 damage. The sucker is still out there but he has chosen to keep up the pressure rather than go out of his way to get the shuttle. On the first turn of running I launched an F torp at him and he ran it out to strength 10 and fired 6 phaser threes at it, killing it outright. I did kill a speed 20 drone at range two that caught up to me, so now I am sure all he has is one standard drone left, which could be speed 20 or 32.

Now things get sticky. I could have both of my S torps ready as well as my offside plasma F. The problem is I can't turn around and get them in arc without giving him my one box #6 shield. He has no speed restrictions other that a top speed of 29 and most likely he will catch me this turn. I just have to make it as painful for him as it is going to be for me. Most likely this will be the deciding turn. Not sure when we will resume but I think we will be most likely done by this Saturday the latest.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 04:50 pm: Edit

Thanks for the update!

By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Actually Brook, the solution is simple;

On your way to the tournament zone your crew stumbled across a wreaked Andro ship. All that was left was the displacement device. Now we all know that Galatics can't use the technology...

BUT

...your science team was working on the DD when the battle broke out. On the first salvo from the enemy someone on the team knocked over their frothy mug of Romulan ale and it splashed all over the DD by accident. This of course caused a short and it accidentally kicks in right when your torps are charged and displaces your ship directly behind him at a range of one hex. Now all you have to do is put it all in tractor and the game is yours.

Glad I could help.

:)

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 11:40 am: Edit

Well, if the Romulans had that AND the cloaking device. They would be the ultimate pussies of the universe. I'm thinking about parking this ship in the space garage after the WL tourney. Really not for me. I'll take a gorn anyday. That being said, I think the ship is really good, and I have done well in it, but just doesn't suit my style. Pointy-eared bastards. :)

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 04:40 pm: Edit

Fly the TKR. It's a sexier Gorn.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 07:35 pm: Edit

B turn modes are for pussies too. :) Turn? We don't need to stinkin' turn.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 03:12 am: Edit

Well, the WL Semi between Up_All_Knight and Grraven is finally over with the Romulan winning. His long range disruptors let him down in the end. The Romulan kept him out of ol range and eventually got the full #1 shield to bear which made things a little easier. Still came down to the end though. The Klingon was blown up on the 14th turn with a range one 60 pointer. Go Team Jersey :)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 09:12 am: Edit

Thanks guys!

So the final round is Team New Jersey vs Team The Orion Bikini Team. The final round match ups are:

-Steve McCann (KLI) vs Ken Lin (LDR)
-Brook Villa (TFH) vs Ron Brimeyer (GBS b/1)
-Marcus Gigerich (HYD) vs David Schultz (KLI)

I'll update the website tonight some time. Please let folks know that the final is GO!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 11:05 am: Edit

Yay Brook!

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 12:48 pm: Edit

Yeah, it was a very tough battle against a really cautious and well played Klingon. I feel bad that he missed with quite a few standard disruptors but he did have his chances to dive in and win. Instead he played the long range, wear you down game. Maybe it would of worked if he hit a little better. I'm sure he ended up hitting with about 40% of his standards. Which is not that good. Probably a much different game if he gets a few more hits. Now I have to deal with ANOTHER dis/drone ship. Only this one has more drone racks and more phaser ones. Greaaaaaaaaat. :)

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Fewer scatter packs, fast drones and Phasers twos though.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 05:24 pm: Edit

I don't worry about those....:) Much.........

By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 10:25 pm: Edit

Congrats Brook :)

I'm getting ready to head out of the country on vacation. I'll be back around the first weekend in October. That'll give some time for the other games to get played. I'll check back in upon my return to see where everything is at.

Go Bikini!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 10:23 am: Edit

Hey David! You are playing me, not Brook. But feel free to gang up on him with Captain Ron...

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:11 pm: Edit

Yeah Marcus, that-a-way to throw your teamate under the bus. You know I hate dis/drone ships. If I have to fight both of them at the same time, then yes, I might actually cloak WITH hidden deployment. Screw that!!!! :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation