Archive through October 05, 2010

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through October 05, 2010
By David Schultz (Ikvavenger) on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 06:12 pm: Edit

Marcus, I know...just congrats to Brook on his win.
:)

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Peter,

Just so you know. Me and CaptainRon are trying to set up a date for our fight. It looks like we might get to start our game not this weekend but the next. Sorry, but our schedules make it difficult. But that's where we stand right now.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 03:52 pm: Edit

Fair enough.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Well, at least I'm not fighting ANOTHER klingon. That being said, I'm still not happy about playing captainron's 1/b shark either. Should be a good fight.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Should I send over some cheese and crackers?

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 10:05 pm: Edit

oh and btw. it will not be a good fight. It will be a great and FUN battle.....:-)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 08:39 am: Edit

Any news on games yet? Or more importantly, does everyone know that they have a final round match up?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 08:55 am: Edit

So the webpage is updated with the matches:

-Steve McCann (KLI) vs Ken Lin (LDR)
-Brook Villa (TFH) vs Ron Brimeyer (GBS b/1)
-Marcus Gigerich (HYD) vs David Schultz (KLI)

If everyone could check in so I know everyone knows what is going on, that'd be good. Well, everyone who isn't Brook, Ron, David, and Marcus (who posted here recently, so saw the matchups). So really, I just need to hear from Steve and Ken. And I think Ken is on vacation. But anyway...

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 01:09 pm: Edit

Ken stated in the Rat 35 topic that he was on vacation until 9/28, so I was waiting to send him an e-mail until then.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 01:29 pm: Edit

Sounds good. Just checking to see that everyone is on the same page.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 02:43 pm: Edit

Ken is eating tortellini until Tuesday.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 11:39 am: Edit

Brook, I am availlible tonight or all day tommorrow. When is a good time?

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 05:03 pm: Edit

Well, I can play late tonight. Say around 11pm EST. (this is tentative, I will come on around 1000 pm to tell you for sure). Is that ok? If not, then maybe tomorrow after 4:30pm.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 05:14 pm: Edit

4:30 EST tommorrow would be great.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 06:05 pm: Edit

k, tomorrow it is..

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 10:35 am: Edit

Well, it's up to Moose and BanTheFed to win it for Team Jersey. My Firehawk fell to Captainron's b/1 shark. In the beginning it looked good, but I got brave when I should of ran. He cornered me and that was that. Man, I'm sure good and killing shields. :)I also made a critical blunder on the last turn by only putting 2 points of power in my batts(I still had 4), therefore preventing me from being able to tac after launching a fast load. I also found out that the 8 points I had in tractor wouldn't of been enough to anchor him and feed him the ept I was carrying. It was a good fight, but he beat me fair and square after being behind, but that's what the shark does well. I'm going to leave it to the victor to write up the detailed report.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Brookie, now that your involvement is over for this year, what are your plans for WL '11?

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 05:47 pm: Edit

Why? Do you want to make a team Steelers? :)

Oh, and BTW, the Steelers gave the game away yesterday. They had about 6 chances to put the game away. 2 missed field goals and two possessions off of turnovers on the ravesn side of the field that resulted in no points. Can't wait to get Big Ben back. We win that game with him, no question.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 07:46 pm: Edit

No he doesn't want a Team Steelers Brook. I think this is his way of firing me :)

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Shark over Hawk

Turn 1: Hawk 29/15/26 (24 moves). Shark 14/26 (22 moves)holding 2 SS. Shark turns E then D then C to cut across nose. Hawk turns F then A then B. At r14 I hit with 3 of 4 standards for 9 on nose. Imps 19 he launches 2 stand S torps. His speed had me thinking he had EPT so I slipped away to force him to launch on 32 to reveal the fake. No launch on 32 so with plas 2 hexes away I launched 3 drones (1 heavy).

Turn 2: Hawk 27/26/17 iirc. Shark 26/25/24 6 in #4 and disr cool. Imps 1 after plas moves to R1 I fire 4 p-3s at each, taking 6 and 7 off. I then turn to B then latter to A. Hawk chasing. The "fakes" hit me at r23 and now I am in trouble. No ww and trapped against top. I launch 3 more drones to try to push him away (2nd heavy)
I slipped F then turn B along top edge. I had just enough room to turn out of corner and thought I was out of FP. Wrong. He launches 2 real S torps Fires 4 p-1s at me from R8 (12 points to #3) turns off so only has to deal with 3 drones. Has to use 2 tractors and 5 phasers but he gets it done. I manage to get the torps to hit me at R12 on my #4 shield. after firing 2 p-1s into 1 I take 38. Brick plus bats I get away with only 3 in. Hull, Aux and R-warp.

Cont later...slow typer and diner is ready.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Turn 3: Hawk middle of map. Shark in row 40. Hawk 23/14 I think. Shark 14/25 17 moves. Recharge bats, phaser cap, start ww, 2 into fixing 1 box on #4 and start repair of warp as awr. Hawk runs, killing drones on map. (finding 2nd heavy) Shark chases and launches 3 drones imps 32.

Turn 4: Hawk 14/26. Shark 14/25 4 Standards and starting 2nd ww. (finish repair on warp) I chase Brook into lower left corner. After he turns he launches A as fastload and C as standard F at about R4. I am facing D he is C. He then HETs to A to avoid drones. I let Plasmas reach R1 off my #2 shield, I launch 1 drone, fire 5 p-3s and my RS P-1 at A plasma. Taking it down 11. Then HET to F taking 5 in through #5. Losing 1 p-3, unfired disr, 1 warp and fluff. As I chase Brook launches torp D and fires 4 p-1s doing 17 to my #6. I fire 1 disr and miss before Plas hits my #6 for 7 in. P-3, drone rack, 2 warp and fluff. Imps 31 I take a R3 shot at his #3, Hit with both disr and roll ok with 5 p-1s doing 3 in. 1 warp and hull iirc. Brook turns to F to avoid follow up p-1. He fires 3 p-3s at R2 drones killing 2. EOT R3 I get my warp back as AWR.

Turn 5: Hawk 26/19. Shark 24/13/7 (11 moves) Recharge bats,1 imps, and phasers, 1/2 into trans, 4 in trac, 4 to hold shuttles. 2 drones on map. (repairing 2 rx p-3s) At 26 he will have to turn A or hit the wall so I slip a bit dir A hoping for R4 shot at down shield. When he down shifts to 19 he turns E and gets a shot at my down shield. I launch 2 drones and he fires 2? p-1s at me doing a handfull in. P-3, drone rack, warp, and fluff. I turn to chase him back into the corner. He kills all 4 drones. I use 4 bats to stay at 13 and get a R2 shot on imps 25 with 7 p-1s and 2 p-3s. Roll well and do 45 to his #4. 21 in. P-3, F torp and like 6? power. I had sideslipped to get my shot so Brook launches a SS into the hex in frount of me. But I still had points in trac so I grab it and death drag it. We end the turn at R2, Shark facing B off Hawks 5/6, Hawk facing A off Sharks 1/2. Shark gets 2 p-3s repaired.

Turn 6: Hawk 0/8/4/0 with fastload, EPT and 8 in trac. Shark 0/4, 3 in tac, 9 in trac, 4 shuttles held, phasers and bats full. Repair disr. Shields 21/30/12/1/0/0. Imps 1 Hawk launches fastload and fires 3 p-1s and p-3 at Shark. I decide to take the 16 on my #2. Imps 2 I ww and on imps 3 take 5 colate on #3 and Hawk SC to 8. Hawk goes forward and turns F. (just now relized that may have been too early) Forcing shark to tac to A to avoid giving Hawk down shield. Brook down shifts to 4 on imps 11. Imps 15 I tac back to B and announce sc to 4. I was going to launch drone and SS here to force Brook to turn and give me down shield. But Brook launches the EPT so I ww. After we move we are my down #5 to his 24 point #5. Imps 19 Brook announces sc to 0. Imps 20 my afc is up and I launch 1 drone and annouce ED. Brook shoots me with 1 p-1 for 5 in, nothing big. I shoot him with 4 p-3s and 2 p-1s for 23. Imps 22 drone hits for 11 in and I launch 2 SS. Brook can not tac so he concides here. I had 1 more tac left so I could bring 4 more p-1s and an OL disr (from bats) to bear yet this turn and 3 OLs and 6 phasers on imps 1.

Good hard fought game. Final Shields on Shark 21/14/7/1/0/0 so if that EPT hits whole diferant game.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 05:26 am: Edit

Brookie has it right. In theory being on the judge's team sounds good, but Peter is too honest to make it work. So we kick Sting out of the band and get Sammy Hagar. Just nobody tell Peter. Or Marcus.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 11:35 am: Edit

Hey!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 11:42 am: Edit

Oh ok. Moose is a Steeler fan too you know.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 12:17 pm: Edit

I wouldn't want to tamper with a game pending, but what are the chances of WL '11 having four man teams?
edit: Why would team New Jersey want to replace Marcus with the likes of us?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation