Archive through April 14, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through April 14, 2011
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 07:17 pm: Edit

It isn't impossible. I'm totally happy to hope for and work on 12 teams. As it currently stands, Team Canada is now Brendan, Chris, and either Psybomb or Tim. I haven't heard back from Dave and SWA, so we'll see what happens there.

If we can get 4 more teams, however, 12 is fantastic.

The math is horrible with 9, 10, or 11 teams (we have to have cross pool matches and the tiebreaker of Head to Head doesn't work). With 8 or 12 teams, the math is perfect (every team plays every other team 1 on 1 by guy, which makes the tie breaker work, and makes the pools work perfectly with no cross pool match ups or whatever). Which is why I want to stop at 8 or get up to 12.

Here is hoping on SWA and Dave :-)

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 08:13 pm: Edit

If anyone needs me, I am a free agent.
(Krellex)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 08:16 pm: Edit

I want to be Fandral the Dashing. I am arguably more dashing than Chris, but he is definitely more grim.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Sold!

Team Warriors Three!
Bakija, Duke, Droid

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Yea, verily.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 07:13 am: Edit

If I could help you all get to a 12 team tournament this year, I would be happy to sign up. So consider me a free agent also.

If 12 players cant be found to fill these teams I will understand, so if anyone is interested in playing and hasn't got a full team or a team add me to your list of free agents available.

G.F.Baltar-on SFBOL

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 08:32 am: Edit

Team Update!

So as of this morning the current team roster is:

-Team Red Cross ('cause we are going to need first aid?)
Paul Scott, Brian Evans, Gregg Dieckhaus

-Team Warriors Three
Peter "Volstag" Bakija, Chris "Hogun" Proper, Andy "Fandral" Koch

-Team New Jersey
Brook Villa, Marcus Giegerich, Steve McCann

-Team PA
Paul Franz, Al Rae, Barry Kirk

-Team SWA
Dave Cheng, John Rigley, Tim Tedford (?)

-Team Canada
Brendan, Chris, Jacob Karpel

-Team Orion Bikini Team
-Ken, Ron, David Z

-Team Rogue
Kerry, Mike, Clayton

Which is 8 teams and all free agents up till the point where we had the exact right number.

If you are Jacob or Tim, please contact your team mates (or me. or post here) to let them know you are in, as I know your team mates agreed to draft you both, but I don't know that they have heard back.

At this point, we have 8 perfect teams, which is a good tournament. If we can get up to 12 teams, we'd love to do that. So if folks out there are interested, please put together a team or post as a free agent, and I'll see if I can get up to 12.

The current list of folks who are not on teams and are over and above the 8 teams so far are:

-Krellex
-GiausFreakingBaltar

You guys are the first takers to fill in holes in existing teams if people bail/vanish/whatever and the first to become another team if we get enough people to build 4 more teams (which is 12 total people).

By Jacob Karpel (Psybomb) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Got it, looks like Team Canada is going to have an American for backup :D

This was the first notice I'd gotten about it, BTW, going to need to dig up my teammates emails. Do you need my ship selection just yet?

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 05:22 pm: Edit

I'll play if it helps get to 12. I won't feel sad if I don't get a spot. :)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Jacob,

E-mail sent.

By Jacob Karpel (Psybomb) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 06:34 pm: Edit

thanks.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 07:17 pm: Edit

I am pushing this a bit on our page on Facebook. Maybe if some of you popped over to that and let people know how much fun the last one was, you could recruit some new people?

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 08:27 pm: Edit

If someone needs an assist they should let me know.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 07:46 am: Edit

Well, so far, we have 4 people who have checked in after the 8 teams:

-Krellex
-GFB
-Sheap
-Bill

Which is 4 of 12 people we need to get up to 12 teams. If folks want to suck other folks in to make some teams, we'll be gold!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 08:19 am: Edit

Jean,

I'll hop over there at some point today and post something. The reality of the situation is that currently, we have the exact right number of players and teams (24 people/8 teams) as the format really only works optimally with groups of exactly 12 players (i.e. we need 4 team pools to make everything work correctly). So I'd certainly love to get 4 more teams (i.e. 12 more people), but if we don't get exactly 12 more people at this point, we optimally need to hold at 8 teams.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 09:59 am: Edit

Peter, if you post, consider making it a comment onto one of mine as it is more likely to get seen that way.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 05:49 pm: Edit

If we can add 4 more guys we could make eight teams of four. Dibs on Sweet William as the mighty Thor.

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Welcome to Canada Jacob,

Any cravings for maple flavor and universal health care can be treated. I think 1 hour per day of Fox News may protect you from any outbreaks of rationality.

Christopher, EastCoastFolk, ECF

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:55 pm: Edit

So far it doesn't look like Team Colorado is coming together. So put me down as a free agent.

Laszlo

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Peter

Sign me up as a free agent :)

I have been playing 4th Ed D&D mostly for awhile now, and on my i-touch! w/ App games, Youtube and the like! :)

By Jacob Karpel (Psybomb) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Thank you Team Canada for welcoming me. I feel the sudden urge to hunt moose and make fun of Newfies, is that normal?

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 03:16 am: Edit

Well, I'll play on Team Colorado.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:48 am: Edit

Huh. Well, this moves us up to:

-Krellex
-GFB
-Sheap
-Bill
-Laszlo
-Daredevil

So if we can get 6 more guys, we get 4 more teams (up to 12).

Please--if you are interested, throw your hat in the ring. Again, to be clear, at this point, unless we get 12 more guys, we are holding at 8 teams. But we have 6, and if we can get 6 more, that's 12 teams. So throw your hat in the ring. Or pull some pals in!

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 09:47 am: Edit

Peter, when do you anticipate starting this? I have a question on FB to answer.

By Mike Johnson (Akira) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 10:09 am: Edit

Hat is in the ring! (a tweed trilby)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation