Archive through May 07, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through May 07, 2011
By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:51 pm: Edit

I will also put up a recommendation for our team as 'Random'.

Anyone else in the group who would like to make another recommendation may feel free.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 12:58 am: Edit

I always thought 8 out of 12 was silly. 4 out of 12 would make more sense, and speed up the event. 6 will take about as long as 8 (still 3 rounds) but seems more reasonable for the percentage of teams making the playoffs.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 10:09 am: Edit

So I'm putting together pools currently--I'll have them up by the end of the day. As we are ahead of schedule, I'll plan on a bit more than 2 months for games--we'll go from when I get the pools up till July 3rd (I figure from now till the end of June is good for about two months to get in 3 games, and 'cause the end of June is a Thursday, I'll just round till the weekend).

I'll send an e-mail out to everyone when I get the pools up (although as I didn't get official e-mail addresses from everyone and I had to cull some off the BBS, I don't know if they are all good).

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 01:34 pm: Edit

Round 1 is Go!

Pools are up (click on the WL2011 link at the top of the page). There are 3 Pools of 4 teams each. I made sure that there were no civil wars, and no one had to fight the same ship more than once. It is not at all impossible that there is some sort of paradoxical match up in there (i.e. Player A matched vs Player B on Player A's group, but not on Player B's group), but I tried hard to make sure none of that happened (if it did, it is the result of me fixing a civil war or rematch and forgetting to finish...), and I think everything is good, but after doing this for the last couple hours, my eyes are going.

I'll try to send an e-mail out tonight to everyone, but please alert your teammates if you can.

Round 1 goes until Sunday, July 3, after which I'll post the first round of Finals.

Please contact your opponents and arrange for games. You don't need to cc me on e-mails unless you are having trouble contacting your opponent (i.e. send an e-mail, and if everything goes fine, only e-mail me with a game result. If your opponent doesn't respond ever, start cc-ing me). When your game is completed, please e-mail me and your opponent to let me know what happened.

It also isn't impossible that the SFBOL handles on the Pool pages are off, as SFBOL is case sensitive and, well, I'm not. I tried to get them right where I knew. So if you are having trouble with your opponent's SFBOL handle, e-mail me.

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 03:13 pm: Edit

I saw my matchups...

(2) Fleet Captains and an expert in his ship!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Yeah, Pool A turned out to be kind of a rough one. Sorry about that.

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 04:39 pm: Edit

I just flew this matchup against GFB yesterday. If we'd known, we could have just waited a day. :)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 05:54 pm: Edit

Hold the presses!

Due to a innocent typo, Pool A is kind of off. I'm going to fix it. Please don't get married to your Pool A matches. I'll try to keep people where they are where possible.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Gah. After an hour of fusticating, Pool A is fixed. Most of the matches changed. But I think I succeeded in avoiding civil wars and duplicate match ups. Which was an unholy nightmare, given the large number of similar ships in Pool A (for which I only have myself to blame, not checking beforehand. But I'm not changing the other Pools if I can avoid it).

So Pool A is up! Go look at it and see what changed. Which is likely everything. Please, for the love of things that make sense, I hope it worked.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 07:18 pm: Edit

The e-mails I have for the following people don't work. If you could shoot me an e-mail, that would be cool:

-Sheap
-Grizaptimus_Prime
-East Coast Folk
-Aritumas

It is possible that I have your actual e-mail and I just mistyped it at some point, or it is possible that I don't have your actual e-mail.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 07:19 pm: Edit

And again--Pool A has completely changed. Make sure you re-check your match ups if you are in Pool A.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Monday, May 02, 2011 - 12:57 am: Edit

The game Baltar vs BadKarma, Gorn vs ISC is starting tonight, will finish this week and report the results.

Sheap contacted also.

Will perhaps have Moose for desert, yummy tro.

GFB

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Monday, May 02, 2011 - 07:58 am: Edit

The correct e-mail for myself is:

liftdriver@accesswave.ca

I look forward to the match ups and the best way to find me may be on the client.

Christopher, EastCoastFolk, ECF

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 02, 2011 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Ah. Yeah, misspelled "accesswave". I think the only person I haven't heard from yet re: e-mail is Grizaptimus.

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Monday, May 02, 2011 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Sheap vs. Moose scheduled for this Saturday. We quickly agreed to play at 2 PM, but it took rather longer to figure out what time zone. Eventually it turned out to be Eastern. So that's when the game is. :)

By D C Brereton (Hellbent) on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 11:30 am: Edit

In can't miss action Barry Kirk ( BaldnForty ) vs DC Brereton (Hellbent) tonight 6:10 PM.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 01:57 pm: Edit

Grraven vs. Duke is begun! Details to follow!

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 03:23 pm: Edit

Grraven(KLI) vs. Duke(LYR)

I was finishing a NetKill with Droid when Helbig stopped in. Scream and Leap.

Turn 1
He launches the scatterpack early and tractors it aboard. I go straight for 29 impulses. At 11 he shoots 4 standards at my #1 and drifts into overload range behind his drones. My esgs soak his drones and my alpha does a pitiful 20 to his #2. He turns in and I turn out.
Turn 2
I drop to speed 4 to save some power with an acceleration to 14. He starts at 15 closing to range 4 to shoot. He does 18 internals with overloads and phasers. I HET to follow but my range 8 alpha does 9(!). He launches 2 drones to take me off my pursuit.
Turn3
We hook around, him at 15 me at 9. My 4 labs completely fail to id the fast drones so I use 4 phasers. On 25 I announce decel and we swap range 4 shots and he launches 2 drones that kill the ww. He twists the dagger with 2 p2 at range 2 through the ww shift. I'm up to 28 internals, he's taken 12. The turn ends with us at range 1 facing #1 to #1.

to be continued...

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Chris! Why do your dice blow?

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Thing is my turn 2 disruptor shot missed with 2 of them. I've missed with 3 of 8 uim shots total. Wouldn't even be this close. Over all his dice have been even worse the Goofy's. I almost feel sorry for him :) player wise I do.

By D C Brereton (Hellbent) on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Barry Kirk ( BaldnForty ) vs DC Brereton (Hellbent) turn 1 finished.

Lyran has taken 7 inside through the #3. ATC is down to a 8 box #1. Range 5 at EOT with Web sitting just behind the ATC. Things could get interesting next turn.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 10:38 am: Edit

Yeah, I used to think the Klingons sold us second rate ubitrons. Now I'm starting to believe they just suck.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 11:00 am: Edit

It's time to grim up Hogun

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Five turns played in Sheap vs. Moose. It is a good battle so far. The first three turns involved a lot of running from plasma and drones, and not firing. Turn 4 and 5 still involved a lot of running, but some firing was added in. I (KR) have a down #1 shield and six internals, two p3's and four fluff. He (WAX 11g1) has no internals, but his #2 is at five boxes and his #3 and #5 are each at two boxes.

The most critical event occurred in the middle of turn 5, when he decided to eat a full strength plasma in order to get me off his tail.

Turn 6 my A tube and both F's will all be cycled (B tube fired on 5), but he is on my right side which awkwardizes my firing solution. He's launched only 2 and a half waves of drones, so ammo is not a big factor for him. I've used both my pseudos, getting good value for neither, really.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 09:05 pm: Edit

Go Go 11g1! no offense Sheap :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation