Archive through May 19, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through May 19, 2011
By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 10:53 am: Edit

As an FYI to my opponents - My laptop picked up a trojan virus this weekend. I'm hoping to get it straightened out ASAP, but I probably won't be available to play until next week or so.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Provided everyone's schedule holds steady:
I got Nomad's WBS BB next Tuesday 5/17 at 8 pm eastern
I got Bear's Fed next Wednesday 5/18 at 7 pm eastern

I am warning you guys. I will swing the bitch around if needs be.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 06:20 pm: Edit

Go Team WYN!

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 06:32 pm: Edit

===
Started the game vs BS' Klingon, his PC dumped him three times and we will resched later.
Tentatively set up vs Akira on Sat, 2 pm mtn.

No reply yet from UAK to my emails.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 09:28 pm: Edit

Andy,

I will give you every opportunity to turn that pig on a dime so anytime you feel it is necessary go for it.

I have bear this thurs as well I think it is for 7 eastern but didn't get an official reply(originally scheduled for 10 pm).

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 10:38 am: Edit

How dashing!

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 02:07 pm: Edit

Kerry,

Responded to your email, but posting here just in case. I do plan to be online at 7 tonight. Sorry, thought I had confirmed when you suggested the earlier time.

Al

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Bear(FED) VS Nomad(WBS BB) Through T5

T1 I fired on his #1 from R15 with disr and R8 with phasers bringing it to 6. He fired 4 OL + 6 P1 back into my 13 rein for an internal(only 2 phots hit) then he HET to avoid a drone. As well he fired his other phasrs killing 3 other drones.

T2 Both empty I think he'll just run so I try to OL through his #4. After mediocre rolls it's at 6 as well then we seperate out to R16.

T3 He runs for the corner at spd 14 ish while I just turn around at like 15 moves. I get a R15 shot on his #4 and do like 5 ints through the batt rein(guessing but met 5 rein). These kill 2 p3 and a warp.

T4 FED sits and spins to weasel my incoming 3 drones and finish loading his phots. I just peel off after plinking his #2 for 3 points. Imp 23 he goes to spd 10 to kill 2 admin shuts I have around that are plinking him from R8.

T5 Fed is 10 then 20 while I am 20 all turn til imp 24 when I batt up to spd 25. He fires at incoming drones and rolls horribly taking 6 phasers to kill 4 drones. We end up closing late and with the spd change I get R5 on imp 27 on his #3 for a whopping 9 ints after rolling just average. next imp FED HETs into me for his second HET. This gives him a R3 shot on my #2 so he hits me with all 4 OLs. I then turn in and he is able to manuever around so he only needs to swallow one drone(which I lucked out to be a t4 into his fresh #6). As well I kill one of his P1s when I go through his #1 and we end at R1 #4 to #4.

He is down 1 P1 and like 4 power with shields of 0/27/0/1/24/6.

I am down 6 power missing 3 p3, p1, disr and a drone. Shields of 29/0/24/24/24/1.

Still anyones game yet.

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:00 am: Edit

Only two correction I see to the above. T5 it took 6 phasers to kill 3 drones. You had only launched three in that turn 4 wave, as you had had three seekers already on the board. Secondly, Kerry was kind and gracious enough to let me take back a REALLY stupid ED when I took a call mid IA that totally blew my train of thought and I tried to hurry a decision.

By Mike Johnson (Akira) on Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 06:01 pm: Edit

Lord Goofy (ORI HHgBB) defeats Akira (ISC)

Team Plasma suffers a loss as the evil pirates ambush an unsuspecting peacekeeper. I mean geez, you pull a guy over for a broken taillight and next thing you know there's hellbores flying!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 08:32 am: Edit

Hey! You guys win the "First Finished Game" award!

Good work!

By Tim Tedford (Tbd) on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 08:53 pm: Edit

Old_School (Gorn) defeats theblackdwarf (Wyn GBS p1p1)

In a somewhat bloody game, and quick game, a fastloaded plasma wins it for the Gorn on T3.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 07:47 am: Edit

Thanks for the update! 2 games down!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 10:29 am: Edit

OK, my laptop had been de-virused and I'm good to go. I have a RAT game against Captain Ron this week, but next week I should be available to get the ball rolling for king and country.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 02:23 pm: Edit

Hey! Kerry and I have pushed our game to 8 PM eastern next week. I still have Bear for tomorrow night, unless I have another worker mysteriously contract the Dreaded Night-Worker Sickness (DNWS). Then I will need to push Bear off too!

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 04:35 pm: Edit

In pool B Moose defeats Sheap. On turn 6 I dodge an S torp and end up getting a range 2 shot on his #4 with 6 p-1s and 7p-3s, doing 29 internals.
Sheap conceded since he had 4 drones on him that he would have trouble dealing with and I could close on him and launch 4 more before the end of the turn.

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 04:47 pm: Edit

It's the same old story for me. Take a week off of SFB, lose focus, do dumb things, die. I could have made a better speed plot, paired that S with an F and moved them better so they'd hit, and done just as much damage as I took without spending any extra power. Instead, I did no damage at all, spent my heavy plasma for nothing and took 25 internals.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 05:43 pm: Edit

So currently Team Colorado is in the lead with a mighty 4 points! (it is the only team with 2 games done at press time :-)

Keep the game reports coming in!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 11:29 am: Edit

Go Moose!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 06:53 pm: Edit

Have any of BadKarma's opponents been in touch with him. Im having difficulty finishing our game, not getting any responses to my emails.

Josh

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 10:04 pm: Edit

I've been away from SFB for a week or so. So no, but I don't blame him.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 08:07 am: Edit

Well, I'll shoot him some e-mail and see what happens.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Nomad(WBS) vs Artiumus(HLM) with the WBS coming out on top.

Basically I launch drones a lot always late turn to get a wave going and pound on his ftrs as soon as I can. A lot of chasing for 3 turns with me getting 10 internals on T3 and T4 we loop around and close to R1. Due to him having to deal with 6 drones on T4 he tries to use minimal phasers at the wrong time and ends up eating a T4 and damaged T1 drone on a shield facing me while at R3.

Before he could turn out I was able to put 40 ints into him(over 3 imps) and then end the turn at R1 me still having no internals but beat up shields and the TLM down all phasers and at 27 power(well he rpred 2 p3 at EOT). The final turn was just a cleanup as he really couldn't stop the remaining drones.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 05:47 pm: Edit

Team Rogue rockets into the lead with 6 points!

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 08:43 pm: Edit

Nomad over Bear in Group C action. All 4 photons lived to game end, but didn't have power to arm em. Great game against an always fun opponent!!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation