Archive through May 27, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through May 27, 2011
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 05:18 pm: Edit

And Team Rogue continues its meteoric rise to victory, with 9 points!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 11:02 am: Edit

Well I'm going to slap Nomad around like a red headed step child, so that'll be the end of that!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 09:39 am: Edit

Brook over Akira in Pool B. Keep the reports coming in (and games being played :-)

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 01:42 pm: Edit

Dave C vs captainron set for high noon eastern next sunday.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 09:28 pm: Edit

Captainron over Romwe. Shark HETs taking 32 plasma on a 5 point shield....but pulling gorm into 72 point drone SS wave.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 09:37 pm: Edit

Upon further review my fight against Grraven is over. My turn 2 HET from battery would have taken energy that wasn't in them.

Grim.

By Brendan Lally (Brendan_Lally) on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Tartan Army in his TKR is defeated by Old School's Gorn TCC. A 10 turn game played in only 3:15h. The end saw the TKR with out shields and only two phasers and the gorn barely scratched. The highlight of this game was the remarkably poor dice generated for both players by the client.

Team Canada 0-1 at this point. I'm looking forward to my teammates picking up the slack.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Chris wrote:
>>My turn 2 HET from battery would have taken energy that wasn't in them. >>

Doh.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 05:35 pm: Edit

As of press time, Team Rogue and The Orion Bikini Team are tied at 12 points each. Keep up the good work (says the guy who hasn't played any WL games yet...)!

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Thanks for the game Brendan.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 12:39 am: Edit

I haven't played any either! My work schedule has delayed me so far. I am sure my opponents are enjoying the calm before the storm.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 12:13 pm: Edit

My opponent seems to have weathered the storm quite well.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 01:16 pm: Edit

===
Still waiting to hear back from Bill (PC probs)
and Brook.

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 08:01 pm: Edit

The PC still has issues but is better.

I am going to give it another few days, and then try to schedule my matches.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 03:15 pm: Edit

Pool B action:

Moose (Wyn Aux 11g1) vs GaiusFrackingBaltar (Gorn) tonight at 8:30 pm eastern.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 04:25 pm: Edit

Alert:

Indications are that Griaptimus_Prime (Don) is resigning his matches due to real life time issues. Please let me know if Don has sent you a message. This isn't a problem, as it is built into the system. Just let me know if this is happening.

By Majead Farsi (Devil) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 05:30 pm: Edit

Peter when were the sign ups for this I seem to have missed or was asleep at the time?

Majead

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 08:08 pm: Edit

Lost my game to Moose in 4 turns.

Fun game though a tough battle for the Gorn.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 08:35 pm: Edit

Pool B action- Moose defeats GaiusFrackingBaltar in a 4 turn battle.

Turn 1 I go 31 all turn, with 1 ss and 1 ww held and 10 reinforcement on my #3. We close and he launches 2 standard S torps. I turn in on him and he turns right to keep from getting too close to me. I hold my phaser fire and I am able to slip his torps out to range 16 and take them on my reinforced shield on imp 32 after firing 4 p-3s at each. They are both real, so I take minor damage to my #3 and he turns to dir A on 32 so we end up at about range 7 me facing D and him facing A, about 3 hex rows apart. I launch 4 drones on imp 32.

Turn 2 I go 31 all turn again, rearm my phasers, put 4 on my #3 and 2 into tractor. He starts at 26 and I fire 7 p-1s at range 4 oblique. I roll poorly and only do 28 damage. He uses no reinforcement, then the next impulse he hets to F. While I try to turn around he uses 4 suicide suttles (2 6 pointers and 2 18 pointers, to kill my 4 drones over 4 impulses or so). I close on him and we end up at range 3. No drones launched this turn.

Turn 3 I do a 31/21 split on 18, rearm my phasers, put 3 in tractors and decide I will take the best shot I can this turn, or go for an overrun if he holds his torps. He does a 26/17/9 split. On imp 2 he launches a 40 point stack at me (his D torp and a fastload from B) then turns off. I fire 6 p-1s and 7 p-3s at range 3 on his #4, rolling poorly again and only doing 27 damage. He used 3 reinforcement and so I dropped the shield but got no internals. I then turned off and was able to run his torps out and still get turned around and end the turn at range 7 of him, me facing D and him facing B. I launch 4 drones on 32.

Turn 4 I again do a 31/21 split on 18 and plan to overrun him, eating the single S torp he will have this turn. I put 4 reinforcement on my #3 in case he launches an ept. He does a 17/18 split and as we close he launches a standard S torp. I slip to take it on my #2, figuring it is a ppt since I can take it on a non-facing shield. It is a fake. He launches the real torp as a standard and fires 4 p-1s and a p-3 at my #2, doing 22 damage. I slip and fire 3 p-3s at the torp taking 5 off the warhead. Next impulse I turn, taking the torp on my #1. I will get a 5 p-1 and 4 p-3 shot on his down #4 next impulse, so he risks a second het, succeeding and turning to F. I slip and instead get a 7 p-1 shot in his down shield, after launching 2 more drones. He fires his remaining p-1s, killing my 2 new drones, and 2 of my turn 3 drones. I do 41 internals to him, getting no torps, a bunch of phasers and power. 2 impulses later I am able to slip onto his down shield after he slips away from my turn 3 drones and launch a ss in his down shield. After another 18 internals gets both of his F torps he concedes. He was going to eat 4 drones this turn, including my 2 type 4s.

It was a good game.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 09:18 pm: Edit

I think the turn 1 S's were actually real, but only hit for a combined 15 which you reduced by 4 with reinforcement.

If they were fakes I never would have ran north and east to where my Lizzard carcass finally came to rest.

And on turn 4, I launched the S Psuedo from A launcher on imp 1.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 09:23 pm: Edit

Fixed

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Majead wrote:
>>Peter when were the sign ups for this I seem to have missed or was asleep at the time? >>

Huh. We started discussion in early April. I posted announcements in various places, on Facebook, and send out an e-mail announcement. I don't know how you missed it.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Friday, May 27, 2011 - 11:30 am: Edit

Four suicides on turn two? It seems out of the question.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Friday, May 27, 2011 - 12:01 pm: Edit

You are right Chris. It was on turn 3. I was pretty beat yesterday when I wrote that up and made quite a few mistakes.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Friday, May 27, 2011 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Steve,
are you sure you won the game? you guys better go back over the details :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation