Archive through June 04, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 04, 2011
By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Friday, May 27, 2011 - 07:49 pm: Edit

Peter,

I was scheduled to play Griaptimus_Prime in wl. He sent me an e-mail resigning the match. Thought you should know.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, May 27, 2011 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Thank you. And player #3?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 12:29 pm: Edit

Don't 3rd opponent is Andy Vancil. Andy--you hear from him?

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Has anyone been in contact with BadKarma recently.

Sent him another email trying to schedule the end of our game.

His other opponents are Sheap, and BanTheFed.

You guys having any luck contacting him?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 04:31 pm: Edit

I haven't heard anything recently.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Captain Ron over DaveC in Pool A Action.

I should have delayed engagement until turn 2.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 04:12 pm: Edit

Hot Pool C Action!

bakija (ZIN) vs krieg (TFH)

4 turns done.

T1: I go 16 till 8, 26 for a while, then 31 for the last 8 or 9 impulses. Krieg goes 16 till about 23 and then 31 till the end of the turn. We close, I slip in a bit. At about R10, he launches an enveloper. I get to R8 and blast his #6 with 2xOL, 2xSTD, and 4xP1. I get stupid lucky, hit with all the disruptors, and roll ok on phasers, for 18 damage sticking after 6 reinforcement. I turn off, he turns in. We both accelerate to 31 at the same time (either of us might have used batteries :-). I evade, he chases. Impulse 32, we are at R7, my #5 to his #1, his enveloper at 2 hexes. I launch 4 speed 20 drones.

T2: I move 31/26. He moves something very similar. He slips out and gets around my drones, but that costs him a couple hexes on me. I run from the plasma, and run north up my east wall. His enveloper evaporates. Krieg chases me. I get near the corner and turn across his bow. At R4, he launches 50 plasma at me and blasts my #6 with 5xP1. He rolls well, and does 20 damage which all sticks. Next impulse I shoot his #2 with 4xP1, roll well for 16, of which he blocks 1 or 2. He turns off, I get a bit in front of his plasma, shoot up the F torp with 4xP3s, and eat the plasma at 6 hexes on my #5. The S torp is fake, so I lose 8 boxes. I turn in, he turns off. We end the turn at about R7, my #1 to his #4. I have 4 drones behind him a few hexes.

T3: I move 26 with some 31 near the end of the turn. Krieg moves 26/20/31. I chase a bit, he runs. He turns south, launches an F torp at me, which I phaser and eat on my #3 for another 13 damage (#5 at 3 boxes). He turns off, I keep following. We both speed up to 31 for the last 8 impulses or so, ending the turn at R6, him near the corner, my 4 drones still about 6 hexes away.

T4: I figure he'll stop and cloak here, or something like that as he'll have 2xS torps to launch, and can't get them to face me without HETting or TACing. I plot 25/12 or so (well, that's what we saw :-). Krieg moves 0 with TACs. Impulse 1 he launches a speed 0 shuttle in his hex (not weasel). Impulse 2, I turn into R5 and he TACs. Impulse 3 I get to R4, he TACs his plasmas in arc, facing me with his 14 or so box #2. He launches 2xS torps and weasels. I shoot 4xOL and 4xP1 with a shift of 2. Again, my disruptors roll crazy, hitting with 3 of the 4 OLs (I rolled 1, 1, 1, 5). My phasers do pretty well and I hit for 36 damage. He blocks a couple and takes 17 in, losing an F torp, a P3, 2 power, and 8 (?!?!?) aft hull. I slip away a hex, decelerate to 12, and declare emergency deceleration. I skid to a halt at R4, launch a weasel, and my 4 drones fall off the map. Krieg turns his AFC on, voiding his weasel. My weasel gets out of my hex in time, and I discover that one of his plasmas was real (both pseudoes used). I turn on my AFC, he lands his speed 0 shuttle and cloaks out. I launch a speed 20 drone at his void weasel, killing it eventually. Late in the turn, I launch a speed 4 shuttle moving off in some direction, TAC, and speed up to 4 when it is legal to do so. I get 2 hexes closer, ending the turn at R2, my #1 facing his down #2 (he didn't TAC a third time).

To be continued at some point in the future.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 04:20 pm: Edit

And the Orion Bikini Team rockets into first place, with 15 points (5 and 0).

Keep up the good work teams!

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 11:55 pm: Edit

In Pool B, Laszlo (HYD) vs. MaxSpeed (TKR) got through 1 turn.

I go 16/25/26, fighters out. He goes 24 all turn. We both go straight. Impulse 20, he turns in, and I turn in, putting us at range 8. He launches 2x30, and HETs off. I slip out a bit, tractor the fighters along, lose track of the range, and he gets to range 9. I pump 12xp3 and 5xp1 into the torps, and eat them on my #3. They are both fake. I turn in behind him, and ding his #4 with a fusion beam, but he reinforces the damage. I decline the range 8 HB shot that will get spread around. He puts 6 damage on one fighter with his boom phasers. The turn ends with me 7 hexes directly aft of him.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 04:39 pm: Edit

Pool C

bakija (ZIN) vs baldnforty (ATC)

Got through 4 turns, about. Then Barry's computer stopped working. Hopefully we'll finish up soon.

T1: I go 16/26 with standards and reinforcement that I put on the wrong shield for no good reason. Barry moves some sort of 16/28 with 4 standards. I turn right and launch a SP, he turns to his left and comes at me. I get 10 drones on the map in all sorts of hexes. I shoot him with 4 standards, hitting his #2 with 2 of them at R15. I turn across his bow, he turns at me and hits me with 3 standards at R15 for 9 on my #2 (while the reinforcement on my #6 feels left out). He casts a web to snaggle my drones, moves behind it, and we end the turn at about 12 hexes, sort of #2 to #2, with web between us.

T2: I go 14/25/14 with 3 overloads. He goes 13/14/24 with 3 overloads and reloads the webcaster. He kind of flies behind his web, my drones mostly get stuck in the web. I turn in and speed up. He launches another web to go behind. I get to R5 right before the web solidifies, so I shoot him with 4xOL and 4xP1. He fires back with 4xP1. I hit with 2 of 4 OLs and roll cruddy on my phasers, doing 24 to his #3, leaving it at 3 boxes. He rolls well with his P1s, doing 17 to my already 9 boxes short #2. Next impulse, he shoots an OL disruptor, hits, and does an internal (a warp). I turn in and chase him towards his web. The other web collapses and my drones come up and start catching up. He speeds up to 24 and runs from the drones, and comes around the bottom of his web with me on the other side. We get to R2, and I launch 4 fast drones, so he decels, slips out, and weasels all the drones. One gets stuck in a web and gets to avoid the weasel, but the rest of them get weaseled over a bunch of impulses. I cruise in to R1 on his 3 box #3 before he can TAC and shoot it with 4xP3 with a weasel shift, roll bad again, but do a few internals. His AFC comes back up, I launch a couple shuttles (one he shoots down, the other gets killed by collateral as I'm dumb), get behind him, and end the turn at R2 on the split shield arc (my #2/#3, his #4/#5). He launches a snare between us, and I launch my last shuttle.

T3: I move 16/8/4/0 with 4 overloads, a HET, and rearm stuff. He moves 0/-4 at some point. Impulse 2, I HET to get to R1 with my #6. He TACs his #6 to me. I launch a drone and we both shoot--I get him with 4xOL, 4xP1, 4xP3. He shoots 3xOL, 5xP1 at me and 2xP3 at the drone. He kills the drone, hits with 2 overloads, and does 14 internals, hitting a phaser, a disruptor, and nothing much else important. I hit with 3 of the overloads and do 37 internals, hitting 3 phasers, a disruptor, and a bunch of power. Next impulse, he TACs again, I launch 2 drones, and he weasels, getting them and the 1 medium on the map. He speeds up to -4, I try and tractor him for a point and fail, and we kind of separate. Some snares are thrown out, I launch a drone which eventually is tractored, my shuttle tries to catch up, and late in the turn, Barry launches a 5 hex, strength 2 web right in front of him. We end at about R5 with a web between us, I have a drone and a shuttle on the map.

To be continued when Barry's internet starts working again :-)

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Had very hot dice vs Dave, OLs 6-6 standards 1-2, about half my p-1s rolled 1 and i did 19 with 5 r2 p-3s. Hope my dice hold up. Have game vs Eastcoastfolk this wed. at 7 central.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 12:04 am: Edit

Pool C action continues with NOMAD(WBS-BB) VS DROID(AUX-11G1) through 3 turns

T1 we just juke a lot for position after droid turned for the corner and both set up a drone wave. He bounced my 4 stds(I think with general rein).

T2 WBS is doing spd 26 all turn with AUX doing 21 til 8 then 30.

We both fly wide off our #6s at R10 ish in order to take drones down. The Aux just shoots em, but I use a couple drones to help save P1's. Around imp 12 we both turn in and get to R5 off #6s with the AUX doing 21 to mine. I thee HET around imp 14 but still "closing due to his TM" being unsatisfied as he needs to continue straight.

He launches his last 2 drones of the turn to complicate things after the HET and I end up tractoring both at R2. I get a R4 shot on his #4 and throw 4 P1s his way thinking I have like 3 imps at R4 so I can fire my other 2 P1s if I roll decent. I roll badly and have no chance to break the shield so I use my other 2 P1s on the trac drones late. Then I shadow him 1 hex off his #4(on his #5) due to at spd 26 the spd 30 guy can SSlip to keep me on the shield. As we both know I am just corralling him towards the corner I go with it. On imp 32 Droid turns into R5 Just on his #6 shield.

T3 I plot for a fast close allowing me to get onto his #4 if he goes fast. Doing a 31/15/9 plot. Droid sees the writing and shows spd 0(later increasing to 5). Imp 1 I fire 4 P1s into his #6 rolling well for 17 dam, he hits my #3 for 24 next imp after I turn and he tacs to get his FA P1s into arc.

Then we both set-up for next turn with drone launches on 32 as well as 2 shut launches for me on 32. We end around R10 both off our #1's. Now that hs is slow my drones may actually be effective. Hard to get impacts against spd 30 with a GAT.

By Majead Farsi (Devil) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 05:55 am: Edit

Peter must have had my head up my rear end as per usual.
Thx m8 will await the next one.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:18 am: Edit

Yes on T3 it was so obvious that I was going to stop I *almost* plotted 31 all turn....if I had this game would be well in hand right now for Kerry. As it is, I need to work around my speed restrictions for awhile. We shall see!

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 09:20 pm: Edit

In Pool 3 action, Andy's Wynn crushes my Fed. Missed with 3 of 4 Photons, then miss timed a move, got tractored, got minorly mugged, got asploded!! Good Game Andy!!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Sorry about the photon whiff Al. I don't like to see that because I know how it feels. Better luck next time!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:05 pm: Edit

Pool C

bakija (ZIN) over krieg (TFH)

T5: We start at R2 with him under cloak. I plot speed 9 till 4 then 4, overload all 4 disruptors, hold/arm 2 weasels, refill batteries and phasers, and put a few points in tractor. He moves 0/TAC, speeding up to 9 on impulse 10 or so, has some weasels and tractor. I figure he'll stay under cloak, but he doesn't. Impulse 1 he uncloaks. My ballistic SP opens, launching 4 drones from 3 hexes away (I unloaded a couple drones on T1). He weasels. I don't shoot guns at his down shield through +5 cloak and a weasel shift. My drones kill his weasel and he turns on AFC. I move to R1. We stare at each other. Impulse 8, I come into R0. Impulse 9 his AFC comes up. He tractors me, which I don't fight. He launches 50 plasma. I launch a couple drones. I blast him with 4xOL (taking 8 feedback to my #1), 4xP1, 4xP3, doing 49 internals through his #1, blowing off both tractors and his shuttle bay. He kills my drones. Next impulse, I HET my #4 to him and he TACs again. I take 26 in through my #4, losing a drone and 4 phasers (of which 2 are the 360 P1s). He takes 12 feedback on his #6. He speeds up to 9 to move next impulse, I launch 2 more drones, he fires a couple phasers into my ship, I fire 4xP3s into his #6. I take 8 or so more in, he takes 16 and is out of guns and most of his power so he surrenders.

A fun game vs an excellent opponent. I was totally up from the insanely lucky T4 OL disruptor volley (hitting with 3 or 4 OLs at R4 through a weasel shift), and as a result, he was in a rough spot going into turn 5.

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:12 pm: Edit

Christopher, EastCoastFolk, for Team Canada defeated by Ron Brimeyer, captainron, for Team ?

I was Flying the ISC based on the latest E-mail I had, I hope its right.

I must stop Stopping!!

Learning and burning,

Christopher

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 08:19 am: Edit

"The storm starts when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, the storm starts stopping."

Words to live by

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 12:12 am: Edit

Pool B, Laszlo (HYD) vs. MaxSpeed (TKR) got through 2 more turns.

Turn 2, I go 20, he goes 25. I land the damaged fighter. He circles right, I kind of chase, slipping right. I land the other fighter when it hits range 5 on him. On 2.11, I accelerate to 27, and we hit range 4, my #2 facing his #3 on the hexrow. I fire 5xP1+2xHB (stds), doing 11 ints, getting a couple warp and a couple p3s. His phasers and F-bolt do 23. I turn off, he circles around for the chase.

Turn 3, I go 20, he goes 22. I run east along the map fold (well, there would be a fold there if we were playing on a paper map). He chases. I reach the wall, and turn left, accelerating to 30. He has me centerlined at range 4 on my #5. I am envisioning a massive bolt stripping half my weapons, but he just fires some phasers, launches a 30-pointer, and turns off. I launch fighters, and on 3.32, knock 25 points off the plasma with various gats. I am in the NE corner, he is 15 hexes away, facing D.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 10:32 am: Edit

===
Resuming (actually really starting) BS vs Goofy tonite, 7 pm mtn. No word yet back from Brook.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 10:54 pm: Edit

===
My apologies to Bill S, my modem has been bad all day and will be replaced tomorrow. will resched, my bad.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 04:00 pm: Edit

So in terms of Tournament Updates:

We have about a month left in the first pool round (July 3 is, more or less, the end of the initial round). We have not half the total games done yet. There are 54 total games to play in the three rounds (I think. If I'm counting correctly.) and there have been 16 played so far (not counting the 3 or 4 that I know are in progress).

Let's keep things moving along!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Yeah I know, sent BadKarma a few emails.

And Sheap told me were always online, so we will just do it one of these days, well Sheaps not been on lately.

I will keep trying to get them done.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Pool B, Laszlo (HYD) vs. MaxSpeed (TKR) got through another turn.

Turn 4, we both start out speed 15. His plasma-S hits my #5 for 5 damage. I land the fighters, and accelerate to 20. We both move south, me chasing. On 4.22, I accelerate to 27. He turns left, circling back toward me, scraping the wall. 4.27, he launches a 20-pointer. On 4.28, I get range 5, and fire 5p1s and 2 std HBs, hitting with both HBs and doing 13 internals, getting the 2 p3s he repaired from the last volley, p1, plasma-F, and 4 power. Impulse 30, he gets on my weak #5 at range 6, and scores two internals (p1, trac) with his 4 p1s. I knock 6 points off the warhead of the plasma-F with a gat at range 2. He repairs 4 boxes on his down #3 (2 powered + his last two CDR).

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation