Archive through June 11, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 11, 2011
By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 10:16 am: Edit

Hi all,

I'll be unavailable for games from June 7 to June 17. But will try to be on tonight Sunday June 5th at 7:00AST, thats 6:00EST if either romwe or DaveC is free to start a game.

Christopher, EastCoastFolk

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Monday, June 06, 2011 - 08:11 am: Edit

===
In preparing for his vacation, BS was unable to squeeze in time to kill me, so we're reschedding for later this month.

Brook, when can we play?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, June 06, 2011 - 08:36 am: Edit

We are up to 20 games out of 54. Keep up the good work!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, June 06, 2011 - 11:44 am: Edit

1 turn of my game vs. MaxSpeed done so far, but I'm thinking we don't have long to go.

Rom TKR facing A at 26 all the way, Orion (HHg1B) facing D at 19/26/31 with 1 engine doubled. Both ships close straight ahead on with the occasional slip in from the Orion. No launch from the Rom so far. Rom Turns left to F about impulse 21-ish. Orion launches 1 piddly drone. Around impulse 23 the Rom has the Orion's #6 shield center-lined at range 3 and lights the Orion up with 5 p1s and 2 F bolts while the Orion holds fire. Both bolts hit and Orion takes 12 in since there is no reinforcement there. These 12 internals are very gentle as the Orion only loses 1 p3 and a warp, but also disturbing because there was a bridge hit and and Aux Con hit. Next impulse Ron HETs to B, Orion turns left to C, and Rom launches a 30 point torp from launcher A. Orion goes straight for 2 impulses as Rom flies off, then HETs to B as well on impulse 27 after the speed increase to 31 kicks in. This gives the Orion range 2 center-line on Rom's #4 shield and here is where really bad things start happening to the Rom. Rom fires 6 p3 shots at the Orion's #1 shield doing 17 damage. Orion fires 6 p3 shots, 2 p1s, and a standard hellbore doing internal volleys of 6 and 8. This takes out a couple p3s and an F torp. To add insult to injury, the S torp that was HETed the previous impulse will fly off and not even impact the Orion now this turn. Next impulse Orion fires another p1, which takes out another 2 p3s. Impulse after that Orion fires his last p1 and another standard hellbore and these vollies are flat-out brutal. Rom turns left to A and then slips left. Orion is able to turn in and the turn ends with the Orion's 13 box #1 facing the Rom's down #4. An Orion shuttle is launched here and a tractor is applied to the Rom.

Orion at 13 damage after engine burn and cannot fire any facing weapons until imp 3. The Rom has about 34 internals, but is in bad shape as he's down to 2 p1s and 2 S torps which won't cycle til turn 4. Both tractors had also been blown off of the Rom and he's down to 30 total power. Like I said, there where some brutal internal volleys administered.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 02:25 pm: Edit

Pool C action with NOMAD(WBS-BB) overcoming DROID(AUX-11G1)

T4: We both start R9 with 4 drones out me having 2 just launched phaser platforms with the Aux going spd 0 til imp 12 then 5 til 32 last turn. As well I have a single weasel hot and the AUX has 4 Suicides hot.

Aux starts at spd 5 with the WBS at spd 4(I can weasel his T3 drones with an imp to spare). We slowly are closing as the spd 20 drones are comin in fast. Around imp 10-13 the AUX hits defensive drone trouble. He suicides shuttles one drone from R2 while the other 3 reach R1 directly off his #1 on imp 12, with spd 5 and 20 moving next impulse. As he knows 4 more drones are incoming Andy may have decided to save phaser firepower which really hurt here.

A second suicide is launched at a drone(unluckily as the Aux moves on imp 13 this suiced won't impact unless he HETs) and then for some reason only a P3 are fired at the remaining 2 drones. I try to kill his suicide with an OL disr but miss. Luckily for me the aux rolls a 6 on the type one that remains. He rolls well with the P3 against my T4 but 4 points does not kill it. IMP 13 the aux is gonna take 48 from the three drones although he can pick the shield. The AUX is having none of that and goes for the HET which would get him off scott free. After rolling a 5 though andy conceeded as he had nothing to stop the 48 points from drones plus my follow up DF incoming from R8.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 05:36 pm: Edit

That isn't dashing at all!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 05:41 pm: Edit

Kerry wins the "I Got All My Games Done First!" award! Congrats to Kerry for being efficient *and* going 3-0!

This puts Team Rogue tied for 1st with The Orion Bikini Team, both at 16 points (both with 5-1 records). Keep on keeping on!

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 07:53 pm: Edit

Never tell me the odds.

(And now we can safely move on. Please fight the compulsion to continue in this vein :-)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Yes..the game we put off for two weeks was done in 15 minutes. I had a plan. It was pretty solid, but very badly executed. I had a fit unsmartness with the mistimed shuttle launch, and, not immediately realizing my launch mistake, I compounded it by cleverly firing 1 p-3 apiece at the other 2, not dreaming that Kerry would be so *dumb* as to put a heavy in the mix. What a fiasco.
Kerry most likey had me anyway, as our power curves are equal at slow speeds, and he has more firepower, but I wanted it to be a little more glorious than that. Sheesh.
Nicely played Kerry and good luck until we meet again!

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Ahhh Peter, I think you missed Chris's post on june 1st. I finished up last week.

Ron

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Apparently I did.

So Ron is also done with all his games and 3-0. The Orion Bikini Team is currently solidly in the lead with 19 points.

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 10:25 pm: Edit

Old_School took my ISC to School, running through the kitchen sink and bolted my brains out... one poor move on my part meant multiple mizias and the ISC was soon missing its torps and ppd.
2 G's vs 2 S and 2 F (and alot of spread out shield damage were too much to overcome...)

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Sorry about the DAC at the end there Gregg (hit torp, warp, drone on 3 Mizia internals).

By Alistair Rae (Bear) on Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 02:23 pm: Edit

Heh, Peter, you also missed I finished all of my games last week as well. Behind Ron but ahead of Kerry. Of course I'd much rather have the 3-0 record they share!!

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Ken, the Dac was the final straw but all in all you totally outplayed me. Good game!
Gregg

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 05:20 pm: Edit

Ah, you are correct Al, sorry about that! I got you on the tree. So 4 people (?) are done--Ron, Ken, Al, and Kerry. Good work, and keep it up!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Pool C

bakija (ZIN) over baldnforty (ATC)

T4: We start T4 at about 5 hexes, he has 30+ internals, I have a dozen. There is a web between us about to go up, a drone right in front of him, and a shuttle of mine closing in. I go -9 (my #2 and #6 are both down), he goes 0. Impulse 1, he blasts me with 2xOL, 1xSTD, 6xP1, and my drone with a P3. He misses me with both OLs and leaves my #3 at 1 box. He rolls a 5 and fails to kill the drone. Impulse 2, the drone hits his #1 for 12 damage. I close in, crash into the strength 2 web an impulse before it drops. I move to R2, my 1 box #3 to his down #6. He doesn't TAC. I shoot him with 2xOL, 3xP1, 4xP3, do about 40 internals and gut him. Barry surrenders.

A fun game. The dice bit Barry a few times this game.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 07:28 pm: Edit

23 games of 54 done! Almost half finished!

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 08:16 pm: Edit

Moose vs BS in pool B action, Sunday June 19 at 1 pm eastern time.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 10:18 am: Edit

Status report for the weak link in Team NJ -

Andy Vancil and I are working on getting our game scheduled. Tuesday the 14th is the working date so far, but that can change.

I need to work with Lynn to continue our game that we started last Sunday.

I have yet to hear back from BadKarma, whom I've emailed twice. Yo Beven, you out there buddy?

By David Zimdars (Zimdarsdavid) on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Paul Franz:

You mentioned in your podcast you were substituting in a game for Angry_Birds. I am trying to finish a WL game vs. Angry_Birds. Does that mean that he is out of pocket?

-Dave

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Hmm. Yeah, any news on Rob? I haven't seen him around for a while. Anyone hear from him?

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 09:02 am: Edit

When it comes to Rob, I am not sure. All he said was that "I am going to need to withdraw from this tournament".

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 09:20 am: Edit

Which tournament?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation