Archive through June 16, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 16, 2011
By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 11:12 am: Edit

FFAC.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 11:33 am: Edit

Ah, ok. Anyone of Rob's (angrybirds) opponent's have any contact with him for this event?

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 03:39 pm: Edit

Ive emailed BadKarma a few times myself.

Also Sheap has gone missing, may have real life things to take care of.

Id like to play just waiting for word from these slackers.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Note to self: suicide overloads are to be avoided.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 06:46 pm: Edit

Hey, Paul! You're next.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 07:56 am: Edit

Yup. I know we need to Email. At the moment, I have a pretty full schedule. We will probably need to play after Origins.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 09:45 am: Edit

===
No word from Brook V in a few weeks?

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 11:16 am: Edit

I saw him online this weekend. Didn't talk though.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Need to get with krellex to finish my first round.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:11 am: Edit

Hot Pool B action!

BanTheFed (Orion) Takes on Laszlo (Hydran) tonight around 9:30pm EST. It's a guaranteed battle of the bores because both Orion packages contain at least 1 hellbore.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 11:09 am: Edit

Pool C. Fred and Andy have a date with destiny, tentatively set for 9:30 pm eastern this Thursday. His TKR v my Aux 11g1. Lots of shooting phasers and launching things.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 11:32 am: Edit

Isn't Destiny that 300 pound hooker I see hanging out by Andy's house?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 11:49 am: Edit

Hey--anyone hear from Hellbent for a while? I've sent him a few e-mail in the past week, and haven't heard back from him. Anyone know anything?

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 01:32 pm: Edit

She's like 200.
Of course she's only 4-11.

By Mike Johnson (Akira) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 01:37 pm: Edit

36-24-36? Only if she's 5' 3"......

-Sir Mix-a-lot

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Looks like this mission may require sauce

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 02:01 am: Edit

Pool B BanTheFed (ORI/HFFBB) versus Laszlo (HYD) got through 4 turns.

Turn 1, he doubles 1 and goes 19/31. I launch the fighters and go 14/26. We go pretty much straight. On 1.24, he launches 2xF at range 7. On 1.25, he fires 2xp1 at a fighter at range 5, but does only 6 damage. The fighters do 9 with fusions but 6 points are blocked. I land the damaged fighter. We turn in and hit range 4. He blows up the other fighter with 2xp1, while I fire 5xp1, OL HB and std HB, hitting for 20+19/18 on his #6. This gets me 9 internals, a plasma, a drone, 2p3s, 1p1, a warp and an impulse! On 1.27, I snipe with a fusion on his down shield, getting 3 more in, including another p3 and warp.

And that was it for good dice for me.

On 1.28, he turns in and launches a drone, and then we go to range 2, centerline. I tractor the drone. At this point, I'm thinking the plasmas are fake, or if they aren't, then I will get a great close-range shot in exchange for a rear shield. So on 1.29, I let the plasmas hit my #3 without any gat reduction. They're both real, and do 16 in, hitting a HB, fusion, 3 p1s, and a tractor. Now we are at range 1, off centerline. Shoulda fired last impulse. I fire OL fusion, std fusion, 4 p3 into his #2, doing 1 internal, a p3. He does not fire his HB. On 1.30, I slip into his hex, and he HETs out, bringing his 2 remaining p3s to bear on my down shield. He does 7 in, hitting my RS gat, a fusion, and last tractor. On 1.31, the released drone slams into my #1, doing 12.

Turn 2, I see that if I run away, I can probably stay out of range 8 by the time he gets his HB back into arc. I run 27/14/27, while he goes 19/26, doubling 1. He circles around, giving me his down #2 at long range, but I have nothing in arc. I head toward the SW corner, and he circles in behind me. Finally, on 2.28, seeing that he will not get range 8, Marcus takes the range 10 shot with the HB. He hits. The 5 internals get the 2nd hellbore. I turn back toward him, and try to shoot his down #6 with range-10 fusions, but they are out of arc by one hex. He turns off. We bring our down shields up to 1 box each.

Turn 3, I am down to 2xfusion, 2xp1, 1xpG for weapons, but still have decent power. I go 14/26. He doubles nothing and goes 16. I chase him back across the map. He launches a shuttle and eventually starts to turn back around. I get a range-7 shot on his #2 (repaired to 1 box) but my 2xp1 only do 4 damage, which he reinforces. He launches a drone late. I repair the gatling.

Turn 4, I go 14/25/14, and try to close, or at least get a shot on his #2 or #6. I reinforce my #3, against his HB, and hope I can shoot down his plasma. He doubles both and goes 26/25/22. 4.1, he launches an F. I shoot a p1 to kill his drone, and put 2p3 into his plasma, which hits my #5 for 12 damage. His HB hits, but I keep the #3 at one box. His 3xp1s knock my #1 down by 8 points (a lousy range-4 shot). On 4.9, I get range 2 on his 1-box #2, and hit it with 2xp3, 2xp1, 2xfusion. I roll boxcars on the fusions, and only do 12 damage total, which he reinforces. He crosses my bow, knocking my #1 down to 2 boxes with his p3s. I pump my remaining weapons into his #4, reducing it to two boxes. I launch the fighter (repaired by deck crews) but it only gets to range 3, where its gatling does 3 damage, hitting a hull box on 1 internal. One of his shuttles does 3 damage to the fighter with a single p3 at range 3. The fighter lands.

At this point he has shields 2/4/6 down or mostly down. I have shields 1/3/5 down or mostly down. We are both short on weapons, but he still has a HB and a plasma-F (not available until turns 6 and 7), as well as 3xp1 and 2xp3. I have 2 fusions (cooling), 2xp1, 1xp3, 2xpG, and a fighter. He has 22 power, I have 37. We'll continue next Tuesday.

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 03:31 pm: Edit

Hi Pete

Reporting loss ...

Dave Zimdars Zin over my Shark B/B

I'm not motivated enough to finish my game w/ Dave Zimdars ... He was clearly winning IMO...I was sitting close by w/ tons of fast drones near me, and my #4 down

good opening tactic on his part overwhelemed me ..plus i only had 1 WW prepared at game start!

I'll try to schedule Paul and my other opponent if possible

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Thanks for the update, Rob!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 04:24 pm: Edit

So 26 of 54 games are done, and at least one game is in progress, and a few more are scheduled. Go team us!

The Orion Bikini Team is the first team completely done, and with 25 out of 27 points possible, they are clearly the front runners. Congrats to the Orion Bikini Team so far!

If everyone who is paying attention could go and check their pools on the World League web page (see World League 2011 link at the top of the page) and make sure all the games that they have played have been recorded, that would be cool. Please alert me if you have a game that was finished but not recorded on the Pool Pages.

And just for curiosities sake:

If I were to extend the initial round by one more week (i.e. till Sunday July 10th instead of Sunday July 3rd) as I kind of spaced on Origins being in there near the end, would people be:

A) In favor

or

B) Opposed

to this extension? I mean, we are moving along reasonably well, and I'm sure a few people could use an extra week to get all their games in, but it is possible that it won't make a difference, and people might just want things to keep moving along as they are.

Opinions?

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 08:41 pm: Edit

I think it's ok Peter if needed, as this is not a RAT, but more of a play-when-you can event. The important thing is that the games that arent done are at least scheduled, in contact, or in progress. In my opinion.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 08:29 am: Edit

Opinion: Taken!

Anyone else?

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:00 am: Edit

I wouldn't mind the extra time, but may not need it.

My saved game against Lynn will be resolved in 1 turn

My saved game against Andy Vancil is scheduled to continue next Tuesday and I can't see that going more than 2-3 turns.

BadKarma has not gotten back to me, but from what I've read he hasn't gotten back to other players either. I'm thinking he's no longer in the tournament.

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:18 am: Edit

Pete, I would be in favor of extending by a week. I have had lots of personal stuff going on, this weekend is fathers day and that kills another weekend of time.

By Brendan Lally (Brendan_Lally) on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:44 am: Edit

Gregg and Tim,

email me to set up a time to play. I will send you an email as well. Cheers,

Brendan
aka Tartan_Army

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation