Archive through June 24, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 24, 2011
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 12:51 pm: Edit

Fair enough.

The new end of the first round is Sunday, July 10th!

I'll post that on the website when I get home. But yeah, you all have to Sunday, July 10th to finish your games!

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 12:56 am: Edit

===
Up_All_Knight (WBS BB) defeats Lord_Goofy (TBR, HHgBB). Tryin to report on the site, in case i screw it up wanted to let PB know.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 07:39 am: Edit

Trying to report on what site? There is no auto reporting for this tournament. Post results here or e-mail me or both :-)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 08:29 am: Edit

Fred had scheduling trouble, so I was alone with Destiny last night.

We will reschedule, I'll keep you all posted, because I know you can't wait.

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 08:55 am: Edit

Pool A action - Gregg vs Tim scheduled for Tuesday 6/21

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 10:15 am: Edit

Go Brook! Now if I can only complete my games so I can contribute some points for my •••••• team!

By Brendan Lally (Brendan_Lally) on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 07:21 pm: Edit

Pool A action - Tartan_Army over theblackdwarf

Gregg and I are doing what we can to set a game time after his game vs Tim.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 08:49 am: Edit

28 games of 54 done! Over half done! Go Team World League!

So far, The Orion Bikini Team is the only done team, with 25 of 27 possible points. Teams New Jersey, PA, Rogue, and The Warriors Three are all over half done. We've got till July 10th. Keep those game reports coming in!

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 09:56 pm: Edit

I have returned and hope to contact my 2 remaining opponents soon.

Christopher, EastCoastFolk

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 03:25 pm: Edit

Pool B BS defeats Moose. Aux durability no match for Klingon maneuverability :) Good game Bill.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 04:32 pm: Edit

As of press time, the current team scores, by Pool are:

Pool A
-Orion Bikini Team: 25
-Team Canada: 6
-Team Red Cross: 5
-Team SWA: 4

Pool B
-Team New Jersey: 16
-Team Plasma: 6
-Team Random: 5
-Team Colorado: 5

Pool C
-Team Rogue: 16
-The Warriors Three: 14
-Team Pennsylvania: 10
-Team Celerity: 4

Please keep game reports coming in!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 09:58 am: Edit

BanTheFed vs. Laszlo continues tonight at 9:30 EST

Will the Hydran run out of weapons or will the Orion run out of ship?

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Pool A action - Gregg vs Tim scheduled for Tuesday 6/21
Tim crashed through everything and still had enough to finish me off.
Good game Tim

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 11:48 pm: Edit

Sir_Goofy handed me my posterior in our match today.

Good game Scott!

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:53 am: Edit

BanTheFed vs. Laszlo got through 2 more turns.

Turn 5, my hellbores are dead and my fusions are cooling. His hellbore and plasma-F are rearming. I start out at 14, he starts at 26, doubling both. I launch 2 shuttles, which kill one of his shuttles. Later, he kills one of mine. He circles back around to the right. I swing out a little away from his shuttles, then turn in. He drops to 19, and I see that he will get a good shot on my 1-box #3. I HET toward him. I get to range 3 on his 1-box #2, but he seems unconcerned about it, and I sense my 2 p1s won't get through his brick. I press in. He launches a drone. I accelerate to 26. The next few impulses go slowly as I fry my brain trying to figure out the Orion's maneuver and keep him from getting a cheap shot on my 2-box #1. On 5.24, he gets range 2 on my #1; I am on his good #3. He fires 2xp1 and 2xp3, doing 9 in past my reinforcement, but only gets a p1 (that had been repaired as a p3) and 3 APR. I shoot down his drone with a p1. Next impulse, he pulls HET #3, barely making it, but I still end up at range 2 on his down #4. I launch the fighter at speed 13. I fire a p1 and a gat pulse, getting 4 in after a wad of general reinforcement, but don't get anything good. Next impulse, I slip to range 1, and fire the rest of the gat, getting 11 more in, knocking him down to 16 power, but only getting a p3 for weapons. His remaining shuttle does 4 damage to the fighter, bringing it to 6 damage. Next impulse, I turned out, and fired the other gat at range 3, but missed with all 4 pulses. Sigh.

I realize too late that I was supposed to change speed to 15 on 5.25. Had I remembered, I would have gotten at least a range-2 shot on his #4, and he would be in trouble. As it was, the best I could have done was range 2 on his strong #3 (followed by death on impulse 1). I elected instead to slip out to range 3, out of his phaser-1 arcs, and kill the shuttle that was sure to at least cripple me. EOT, I repaired a p1, he repaired a box on his #4

Turn 6, we started at range 9. I decided to run for it, and started at speed 20. He started at 12 with both doubled, and circled back around. Impulse 3, the fighter got range 2 on his #2 (he miscalculated the split-shield resolution), and its last two gat pulses dropped the shield. He crippled it with a p3, and later killed it. It had absorbed 17 points of damage (and boy, were those deck crews getting tired). After turning around, he accelerated to 23. Impulse 16, I accelerated to 27, and ran to the left wall. I gave him my 1-box #3 at range 11, and he fired a couple p1s at it. Fortunately, they missed. He declined the long-range hellbore shot. I repaired a p1 (my last repair) and a box on my #1. He repaired a warp as AWR but is down to 15 power. Next turn he'll have the hellbore and plasma-F ready to go, though.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 10:14 am: Edit

We are slowly crawling towards completion :)

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 01:12 pm: Edit

Upcoming game

sunday 6/26/11 10am

The Rock vs Me :)

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Go Rock!

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 08:06 am: Edit

Peter,

I'm hoping to have my computer back this weekend. Best Buy is trying to get it fixed so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also it appears Krellex and I may have a scheduling issue. He can play only on weekends and I am almost never available during the weekends. Once I get my puter back I'll try to see if we can work something out.

Michael

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 08:50 am: Edit

It looks from above that

-Tim beat Gregg

-Scott beat Bill

-Andy and Marcus are still playing

I'll update the pools when I get home.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 03:57 pm: Edit

So in looking over the pool games, the following people haven't played even one game:

-Beven Pinello/BadKarma

-Fred Kreller/Krellex

(Marcus doesn't have any finished games, but I know he is playing some; laszlo is playing a game vs Marcus; Paul F doesn't have any finished games either, but at least we know where he is :-)

Has anyone had any contact with these two?

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 04:28 pm: Edit

I have sent multiple emails to BadKarma and not gotten a response. I'm going to try him 1 more time. I am currently playing my other 2 games and both are at very decisive points that will easily be resolved during the next session for each game.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Thanks for the update, Marcus!

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 05:01 pm: Edit

I know Paul F has Helbigs game started through at least 2 turns. Due to awful dice(KLI missed with 2 OL at R4 and WBS hit with 3?), he seems to be ahead as well, but the KLI still can climb outa that hole. The T3 pass may be decisive.

I thought Mike was having computer problems, but his last post stated he was hopeful they were fixed as of yesterdayish.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 05:58 pm: Edit

Ive not seen BadKarma in quite awhile, Sheaps also gone missing and thats whats holding up my 2 remaining games.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation