Archive through July 04, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 04, 2011
By David Cheng (Davec) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:00 pm: Edit

Pool A Action

Paul Scott (Rom FireHawk) vs Dave Cheng (Hydran)

Tomorrow, Saturday June 25th
12 noon EDT / 9 AM PDT

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Congrats to Akira at beating my Klingon in his ISC.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 01:31 pm: Edit

Pool B Laszlo (HYD) defeats MaxSpeed (RKR) in 7 turns.

Turn 5, he is against the right wall, I have a plasma-F inbound, and he has an S ready. I decide to park rather than run. I end up eating the plasma-F for 9. He circles around at range 9, launches an EPT on 5.32.

Turn 6, I go 4/14 and weasel the EPT. He runs at 19. I chase. I repair a p1.

Turn 7, I go 14/25/26. He circles back at 19 and launches an EPT. I turn off and launch fighters. Fighter 1 is completely repaired and reloaded. The fighters gat the plasma at range 0, while my ship runs it out to 16 and gats it down to nothing.

He concedes at this point. His position is deteriorating (he is in the corner), and I only have one internal to his 20. He has two weak shields and my HBs are ready. He could have dragged it out for quite a while longer, but the battle has gone on long enough.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 11:21 am: Edit

Pool A Action

Paul Scott (Rom FireHawk) Defeats Dave Cheng (Hydran)

He cloaks after bolting S-S-F, getting 15-ish internals thru the #5. My fighters shadow him, but he craftily is able to come out of cloak while keeping them outside of range 2.

-DC

p.s. With Origins behind us, we hope to see all of you at Council of Five Nations (Oct 7-9), the biggest & best FtF SFB tournament in the world!

By Robert F Estrada (Daredevil) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 02:07 pm: Edit

Paul is hot

His FH wore down my GBS ( B/B)

I took a chance and tried to lure him close( I had 2 SS's prepped, no WW's) He played opportunistically :)

Last game up! John Rigley

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 04:12 pm: Edit

Hey Peter, I've tried to lookup Eastcoastfolk, but it doesn't come up in the subscriber search. is that the correct spelling of Chris' callsign?

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 04:25 pm: Edit

BanTheFed over MaxSpeed on turn 2. Turn 1 ended with his TKR tractored at range 1 from my Orion with a shuttle just launched and a down shield facing. Impulse 1 he gets dragged into what turned out to be a suicide shuttle and bad things start happening to the Romulan from there.

Always a fun game against Lynn, who is king of the one-liners.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Brian,

Yeah, I'm not completely sure what the actual letter arrangement is for Eastcoastfolk's call sign (my biggest complaint with SFBOL is that the callsigns are case sensitive :-), but I'll e-mail you the e-mail I have for him.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 05:26 pm: Edit

36 of 54 games done! We are on fire! Whoosh!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 10:55 pm: Edit

Im ready to play Sheap or BadKarma but never see or hear from either these days.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 08:22 am: Edit

Indications are that BadKarma has gone MIA. I don't know what the deal with Sheap is. He played a game, and is usually pretty reliable. Anyone hear from him recently?

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 01:11 pm: Edit

We used to play all the time, but last I heard Sheaps real life got really buisy and ive not seen him log in in over a month.

Thats the impression I get about BadKarma, signed up but in the end didn't have time for it.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 01:22 pm: Edit

Fred Kreller has been responsive, but his schedule has been bad so far. We are going to give it a whirl this Thursday at 10pm eastern.

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Paul Franz,

I'm back in business when can we pick up our game? I will need you to email me your save as I lost mine when the HD went poof :(

Michael
Grraven
admgrraven@gmail.com

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 06:03 am: Edit

Michael,
How about tomorrow (i.e. Wednesday) night starting around 8:00pm EDT?

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Paul,

I should be available then. Will look for you around 8pm

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 08:29 am: Edit

ok.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 10:15 am: Edit

I have officially conceded my game to Andy Vancil. It is still in contention, but the odds are heavily in his favor since I essentially have 1 turn left to kill him and I only have an F torp, a Hellbore, and 3 p1s with which to do so. He's heading towards a corner and all he needs to do is park and watch me burn my engines out as I close behind my #1 shield since my #2 and #6 are at 1 box each. And once I make my pass I can't run since my #4 is gone. Well played Andy!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 10:19 am: Edit

Thanks for the update!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 04:50 pm: Edit

So as we have a little less than two weeks left, here is what everyone should be doing:

A) Arranging to play/finish any games you have left to play.

B) If you can't get ahold of someone (i.e. you send them e-mail and they never return it), please send your opponent an e-mail and cc' me on the e-mail, and if they never get back and no game happens, I'll give you (i.e. the person paying attention) the win.

C) If you don't think you'll be able to play a game (or don't feel like playing a game for whatever reason), please contact your opponent and concede the match. If you concede the match, you get a point for caring, as opposed to 0 points for just not showing up. Which your team mates will appreciate.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 08:11 pm: Edit

Pool C Action:

bakija (ZIN) over hellbent (LYR) in a fun, quick game.

droid (WAX) over krellex (RFH) by concession.

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 09:10 pm: Edit

Pool A:

Team Red Cross, romwe, GRN
vs
Team Canada, EastCoastFolk, ISC

Turn 2 imp 19 romwe concedes after I ED and launch a WW. He had launched his RS then LS plasmas and Heted away from my last Plasma an F torp. He did not want to Face 2 PPD before he could fire his torps again.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 09:28 pm: Edit

As of Press Time:

Pool A
-Orion Bikini Team: 25; All games done.
-Red Cross: 13; 2 games left to play.
-Canada: 10; 3 games left to play.
-SWA: 8; 3 games left to play.

Pool B
-New Jersey: 20; 1 game left to play.
-Colorado: 14; 3 games left to play.
-Plasma: 11; 2 games left to play.
-Random: 7; 4 games left to play.

Pool C
-Warriors Three: 20; 1 game left to play.
-Rogue: 16; 3 games left to play.
-Pennsylvania: 10; 3 games left to play.
-Celerity: 6; 3 games left to play.

14 games total to go! Almost there!

The Quarter Finals will be (just to remind folks):
-Top Score Team vs Bye
-3rd Highest Score Team vs 6th Highest Score Team
-4th Highest Score Team vs 5th Highest Score Team
-Second Highest Score Team vs Bye

I'll post the Quarter Finals at some point at the end of the day on the 10th. Make sure all your games are done by then.

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Pool A

Team SWA, DaveC, Hydran
vs
Team Canada, EastCoastFolk, ISC

Turn 5 Imp 5 EastCoastFolk surrenders to DaveC as his ship takes a 114 point rg 1 alpha from The Lord Marshal. Too much run not enough gun from the ISC cost Team Canada any chance of moving on.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 01:33 am: Edit

Trying again to contact and schedule my games with Sheap and BadKarma, that would finish up Team Plasma's schedule.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation