Archive through July 10, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 10, 2011
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 10:15 am: Edit

I'm thinking that both Sheap and BadKarma have gone MIA, so if you have one of them as an opponent, please post here so I know you are trying and paying attention, and unless I hear otherwise, I'll give you credit for a win and them for no shows.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 10:33 am: Edit

So at press time:

Pool A:
-3 games need playing (Rigley vs Rob, Rigley vs Evans, Brandan vs Gregg). All of these people are generally on top of things, so it is likely that they'll get done by Sunday I'd imagine.

Pool B:
-5 games need playing, but 3 of them involve BadKarma (who I'm assuming is a no show), one of them involves Sheap (well, 2, but one of those is vs BadKarma) who has gone MIA. The only game in pool B that seems like it might play by Sunday is Don vs Andy. Any heads up on that?

Pool C:
-Also 5 games to be played. Dave vs Krieg (both of whom are reasonably on top of things), 3 games vs Paul (who I haven't heard anything from or about, but, ya know, Paul. We know where he is. Any heads up?). And then two games (one of which is vs Paul) involving Mike who was having machine issues. And when I look up thread, Mike and Paul have arranged a game which may or may not have gone off. My buddy Chris needs a game vs Paul, and I don't know if that is happening any time soon.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 11:23 am: Edit

I got some e-mail communique between GFB and Sheap, so Sheap is alive and well.

By Brendan Lally (Brendan_Lally) on Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 03:33 am: Edit

Sunday is unlikely as I am hosting a group from new brunswick in my house. Time is scarce. My apologies. things will return to normal soon, perhaps

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 09:19 pm: Edit

Is there a confirmation that in Pool A, Rigley (WAX) beat Evans (GRN)?

Thanks!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Got a confirmation. Rigley beat Evans.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 07:11 pm: Edit

Ok, the game updates, given that we have till Sunday to finish games:

Pool A:
-2 games left to play (Rigley vs Estrada, Gregg vs Brendan). I know Gregg and Brendan are in contact, but Brendan is having trouble with his schedule. Any news on Rigley vs Estrada?

Pool B:
-Still 5 games left. I'm going to call BadKarma a no show (unless he plays some games by Sunday), so those 3 games are written off currently. Sheap showed up and has a game vs GFB (any news?); Andy vs Grizoptimus is possible. Any news?

Pool C:
-Also 5 games. Paul was set up for a game with someone (Mike?), but I don't know if it happened. Chris and Paul are up in the air. I know Mike's computer is better, but don't know if any games are happening.

Any info is good at this point.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 08:33 pm: Edit

No news on Sheap, but if I see him were going to get started.

GFB

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Paul,

I'm back in business puter wise but my job the past two weeks has been killing me. I've had no time at all available. I'm hoping next week will be better.

Michael

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 05:42 pm: Edit

Michael,

I don't want to be a killjoy, but the first round is supposed to end on the 10th (i.e. Sunday), after already extending it a week.

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 09:07 pm: Edit

Then I'll resign my matches and take the loss points.

Real life comes with a price for some of us so if we move on maybe I'll have time maybe not.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Well, you still have a few more days, so see if you can get a game in before then. If not, my apologies.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 10:20 am: Edit

Just a reminder. The first round of pool play ends Sunday July 10th! i.e. Tomorrow!

If you can't get games played by the end of Sunday, please post here or send me an e-mail and concede a match or something. If you chime in, you get a point for caring. If I don't here from someone, I'll have to decide who gets the win and who gets the no show, which will generally be determined by who I have had the most e-mail from. In most cases of the games that haven't happened yet, it is mostly a non issue, but in a few instances, the outcome is important.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 03:30 pm: Edit

Fred Kreller conceeded our game today after I knocked down two of his shields and knocked out to torpedo tubes.

Chris and I will not be able to play due to me having guests here

By Fred J. Kreller (Kreller1) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 03:38 pm: Edit

Yeah, Paul messed me up by not running from my plasma launch. (That's what shields are for!) Fun game!

Mike Helbig and I have not been able to finagle our schedules to work to get our game in. It looks like we will not succeed with it by the deadline, either. (And not for lack of effort, we are both really busy.)

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Pool C: krieg (Team Rogue) loses to Hellbent after 6 turns. Basically, I messed up the 2nd turn and took more internals than I dished out. I made mistakes of that turn and Dave didn't. In fact he played well all game. I had a chance to even things up a bit with an S bolt from range 9 on Dave's downed shield during the 3rd turn but missed - sigh. After that it was only a matter of time before Dave, after taking a few more internals running thru an EPT, crushed me with an overrun. Good game Dave.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 06:07 pm: Edit

Peter,
Just to let you know. I am seeing if Chris is available to play tomorrow morning as a last ditch effort to get together.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Thanks everyone for the updates!

By Brendan Lally (Brendan_Lally) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Team canada falls again. Dateline SFB Tourney Ring. Tartan_Army in the TKR is KO'd by the ISC flown by Gregg. I fly through everything to get him cornered and I lose my two tractors to direct fire from under weasel protection. In addition he takes out my last batt, preventing my sneaky imp tac from reserve power.

A while ago I was flying the TKR well, now she has become a jealous fiend bent on my destruction and torment.

By Christopher M Schrader (Eastcoastfolk) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Well the CFL has started so theres somthing else to watch now the Canada's out of the Worlds. Good luck to the final 6.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 12:31 am: Edit

I still haven't heard anything from Don Chase.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 08:58 am: Edit

Yeah, I think it is safe to assume that Don will also be a no show for his last game.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 09:16 am: Edit

As of press time:

-Pool A has a single game left to play (Rigley vs Estrada), which, unfortunately, is the game that the whole pool hinges on--if Rigley wins, SWA ties with Red Cross at 17 points, but SWA wins the head to head tie breaker. If Estrada wins, Red Cross is second in Pool A with 17 and advances. Exciting stuff! Communications about playing today have happened.

-Pool B (assuming BadKarma and GrizoptimusPrime are no shows, which I have already factored in, although if they show up and play some games today, I'm happy to fix that), has 1 game left to play (Sheap vs GFB) which matters in the sense that it determines place moving into the quarter finals. They look like they'll be playing today.

-Pool C (assuming Mike is conceding his 2 unplayed games due to time issues) has one game left to play (Proper vs Franz) which is also an important game--if Paul wins, Team PA advances in second place in the pool; if Chris wins, Team Rogue advances in second place in the pool. Also exciting. It is unclear if that game will get played today, although they are trying.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 11:03 am: Edit

This just in!

Pool C Action! Proper (LYR) is currently fighting Franz (GBS). They started T3 at range 4, facing each other with down shields. Chris hit and run all of Paul's disruptors and killed 2 of them (!?!?) before they fired. Paul shot Chris with his remaining 2 OLs for 16 in. Chris shot back with 3xOL, and rolled, like, 3, 6, 6, hitting with one OL for 8 in. The game continues...

Pool B: Sheap and GFB have a game arranged for some time today.

Pool A: Rigley and Estrada have a game arranged for some point today.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 11:42 am: Edit

This just in this just in!

So, well, here is the thing.

Proper and Franz are in the middle of their game, and Chris had to go to work, so they had to pause in the middle. And while the next turn will probably be decisive, currently, neither of them are winning or losing. And it is one of the games that the pool hinges on (if Paul wins, his team advances, and if Paul loses, his team doesn't advance; the game only has very limited impact on Chris and my team, and really, if Chris loses, it makes scheduling the quarter finals work a lot better :-). So I *really* don't want to adjudicate that game based on "well, you both worked hard to get the game in early on a Sunday, and both of your ships are kind of damaged, but no one is clearly in the driver's seat". So as they are confident that they can get the game done in the next few days, we'll hold off on starting the next round so they can finish.

This means that Rigley and Estrada (another game that the pool hinges on that I'm loathe to have to just summarily determine a winner, as they are both in good faith trying to get it done) have a bit more wiggle room. As do Sheap and GFB.

Consequently, if Mike (who ran out of time) can get a game or two done in the next few days, that'd be cool too.

I'd like to end this as soon as possible, so get those games done!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation