Archive through July 28, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 28, 2011
By Troy Latta (Saaur) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 05:29 pm: Edit

Plug the time and date into Excel and let it convert to a floating-point value.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 05:47 pm: Edit

We are actually fairly trim as gaming geeks go.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 05:52 pm: Edit

Except for Volstagg.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Hey! What I lack in hair I make up for in almost being in reasonable shape!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 07:02 pm: Edit

So the current status of Pool C is that it isn't impossible that Andy will play a SUDDEN DEATH! game tonight vs Team NJ. Barring that, tomorrow morning I'll roll a die on SFBOL (with some random online witness) and determine who is "2nd" and who is "3rd".

After that, I'll post the quarter final matchups.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 09:00 am: Edit

And failing a timely way to play a SUDDEN DEATH! game, I just logged on, got the inimitable GaiusFrackingBaltar to witness a tie breaking die roll between Team NJ and Team W3, picked 1-3 NJ is in 2nd and 4-6 W3 is in second, rolled a 5, and as a result, W3 is in second place. So going into the Quarter Finals, we have:

1. Orion Bikini Team (25) Bye
2. Warriors Three (23) Bye
3. New Jersey (23)
4. Colorado (23)
5. Rogue (19)
6. SWA (17)

I'll set up the Quarter Final matches and post them shortly.

Let's plan on three weeks to get these games done, so you'll have till August 7th to get them done (I'm rounding up to the weekend, and taking into account both summer time and Platinum Hat going on).

I'll probably come up with a better tie breaker for cross pool ties next year, although it is only necessary with 3 pools (with 2 pool, you just have the top 2 of each play, and match A1 vs B2 and B1 vs A2; With 4 pools, you get the same but twice as big). Given, however, that 3 pools is the most likely size other than 2, I should probably invent something good.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 09:11 am: Edit

I did witness the roll.

Warriors 3 in 2nd
Team NJ in 3rd

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 09:22 am: Edit

SUDDEN DIE!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 09:33 am: Edit

The Quarter Final Matches are up!

As noted, please get these games done by Sunday, August 7th (which is a little over three weeks, which is plenty of time to get a single game done). And keep in mind that each person is now only playing a single game vs a single opponent. And if your team wins 2 of the three games, you advance (so if your team wins 2 in a row, the third player doesn't actually need to play their game, unless they really want to).

Please alert your teammates. I'll send an e-mail to team captains to get the word out.

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 03:29 pm: Edit

Sheap vs. Nomad scheduled for July 20 at 1900 Zulu time.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 11:20 am: Edit

In case folks are having trouble finding the Quarter Final match ups, make sure you refresh the WL page when you go visit it. A couple people couldn't find the info, and I said "Huh. Try refreshing the page.", and that worked.

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Alas, I am slain. Itchy trigger hoof ruins my board position and gets me run over. It's all in Andy and Scott's capable hands for Team Colorado.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:39 am: Edit

Thanks for the update! 5 games to go!

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 10:51 am: Edit

krieg vs laszlo in bracket C will begin sometime next week, when Andy's busy schedule eases up a bit.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 08:53 pm: Edit

Peter just double checkin....you are flying the KZI not the gorn?

For semis it shows you have a pass but then shows you in the gorn.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm a Kzinti. I keep doing that when I input ships. Just dumb.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 12:31 pm: Edit

Quarter final action!

theblackdwarf (WYN Shark - Team SWA) will take on BanTheFed (Orion - Team New Jersey) at 10:00 pm EST tonight.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 01:26 pm: Edit

Go gentlemen, go!

By Tim Tedford (Tbd) on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:35 am: Edit

In a short and explosive fight, BanTheFed takes down theblackdwarf!

Well flown Marcus, I look forward to a rematch in the future!

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 08:45 am: Edit

===
Scheduled to play grraven friday evening.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 09:36 am: Edit

Quarter Finals page update, with 2 completed games and the judge being in the right ship.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 10:37 am: Edit

Thanks Tim, it was a blast and we'll certainly do it again! A fun game with a sportsmanlike and witty guy. This time your gunner may actually be able to do halfway decent in crunch time.

Go Team New Jersey!

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 02:43 pm: Edit

WL Semi between CrashandBurn and UpALLKnight underway.

Basically we both approach each other on turn one. I come right at him, he corner dodges to make a drone wave. I shoot 4 standards on impulse 27 and do 12 damage that he bricks away. I launch drones towards the end of the turn and slip out a bit. We end the turn about range 10 or so from each other.

Turn Two we both plot slow speeds in the beginning, obviously arming our heavies. He turns to B and I turn to E in response. We oblique each other at range 5 and fire our alphas. He misses with one of his ol hellbores(whew). I hit with all three of my ol disruptors and roll average on my phasers doing 38 damage total. He takes 8 in and loses a warp, drone and a phaser 3. I take 23 on the facing shield and some splash. We both clean up some drones with phaser threes, drones and tractors. He turns off to reload, I loop around to pursue.

We save for the night.

Not sure when we will resume, but should be within the next week or so.

On a side note, I don't normally play the Shark much, but I have to say that this ship is NEVER at a loss. It just has soo much firepower and weapons that it can bully the AuxBox and make it think twice about turning in. That's pretty strong.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 10:11 am: Edit

Go Team New Jersey!

By David Cheng (Davec) on Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 09:05 pm: Edit

More upcoming Team New Jersey vs Team SWA action...

Moose / Stephen McCann (WYN Aux 11g1) vs DaveC / Dave Cheng (Hydran)

Friday, July 29th, 7:30 PM EDT

Go Team SWA!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation