Archive through August 10, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through August 10, 2011
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Go Team Everyone for getting their games done in a timely manner!

By Tim Tedford (Tbd) on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 01:24 am: Edit

Go get 'em Dave. Go Team SWA!!!

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 02:53 pm: Edit

krieg RFH vs laszlo HYD in bracket C begins tonight 9:15 CDT

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Friday, July 29, 2011 - 11:20 pm: Edit

6 turns of Moose (Team NJ) vs DaveC (Team SWA) completed tonight.

We ended turn 6 with a range pass. I did 21 internals on his weak #1, bringing him up to 31 internals. At the end of the turn he repaied 1 box on each of his down #1 and #2. He is down 5 power, a HB, 2 fusions, and 3 p-1s. I have no internals, but my shields are beat up: 26/1/18/4/16/25

We resume tomorrow night at 7:30 pm eastern time.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 01:17 am: Edit

Laszlo vs. krieg got through 3 turns.

Turn 1, I go 15/25/26, fighters out. He goes 14/26. The EPT comes out on 1.23. On 1.29, I hit range 8 and fire 5xp1+2xHB. I find 14 reinforcement, so I barely scratch his #6. One HB misses, the other one spreads. I turn off, and put a gat into the plasma at range 2 on 1.32.

Turn 2, I go 28/20, he goes 20 all turn. He gets to range 5 on the fighters, and shoots one with 4xp1, crippling it. He finishes it off later in the turn. The two fighters put their gats into the EPT. I land the other fighter, and put another gat and a p1 into the EPT, killing it. He chases me toward the corner. On 2.31, he launches 30+20. I shoot him with 3xp1, doing 14 to his #6.

Turn 3, I park. He shoots my #5 with 5xp1, doing 16 to my #5. I HET to get the HBs into arc before I have to weasel.

Anybody see a problem with this plan?

I fire 2xp1 and 2xOHB, hitting with both HBs. He balances out his #5 and #6, so both have 5 boxes. I realize I can't weasel because the shuttle bay doors were locked down for the HET, so I put gats into the plasma-F, and end up taking 36 on my #6. The two internals (after reinforcement) are both phaser-1s. I guess it could have been worse. He turns off, then circles back. I accelerate to 9 and launch the fighter, who hits him with fusions for 6 and then lands.

We plan to continue Sunday night.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Moose defeats DaveC. Team NJ advances to the semi's.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 09:02 am: Edit

How are semi matches determined?

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 09:38 am: Edit

Congrats on Team NJ advancing! Thanks to SWA for being timely and classy!

One or two games to go to finish the quarters--the Laszlo/Krieg match could determine it (Krieg wins, Team Rogue advances; Laszlo wins, it hinges on Goofy V Helbig).

The Semifinal matches are Winner Bracket A (Bikini Team) vs Winner Bracket B (NJ) and Winner Bracket C vs Winner Bracket D (W3). The individual matches are determined using the following factors:

1) Avoid civil wars.
2) Avoid people playing each other who have already played each other.
3) Random selection.

So for Bikini vs NJ match ups, Brook won't fight Ron (as they are both the GBS), but no one has played anyone already in these match ups, so other than that, it will be random (i.e. I'll roll a die).

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 01:02 am: Edit

Laszlo vs. krieg got through 2 more turns.

Turn 4 we start at range 7. He has an S and F ready. I start out 9, him 0. He launches 30+20, and I know the 30 is fake, but don't risk it. Impulse 5 I drop to 4. Impulse 6 the plasma reaches range 1, but it is on my #2, not facing me directly. I launch a speed 5 WW out the #1, and it jukes the plasma. The plasma begins circling the WW. He accelerates to -10. Impulse 15, the plasma is in front of my ship (but not facing it), so I shoot the S with the gats, voiding the WW. The S starts circling my ship. I accelerate to 9 for 8 impulses and ram it, discovering it is a fake (the WH was at 3 points at that point). He launches an EPT. I drop back to 4, launch another WW, which the EPT destroys (no collateral). Meanwhile, he shoots 4 p1s at my voided WW, which is going around in circles, per its program. At range 7 he scores all of 1 damage.

Turn 5, he has an S and F ready, I have HBs. He continues retrograding at -10, then increases to -14. I start out at 9, then go up to 14. I am sort of chasing him, but I don't turn directly toward him, as that would make it difficult to run out plasma at my limited speed. I launch the fighter. We spend the turn at range 9-12. Late in the turn, the fighter fires it fusions (it has been fully rearmed) and gats, doing no damage at all. He shoots the fighter with 4xp1, doing 2 damage after the small target modifier. On 5.32, I turn towards him. We are at range 12. I land the fighter. He launches an EPT. I fire HBs, hitting with one and getting 6 shield boxes after reinforcement.

At the end of the turn, I repair a p1. I also point out that he has been retrograding for 2 turns, which falls under non-aggression guidelines.

We plan to continue tomorrow.

By Scott Moellmer (Goofy) on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 10:46 am: Edit

===
Grraven and i did 2 turns last nite. his d7 has fired one p1 at me in that time, and i've cleaned up his sp, all his fast drones, and one heavy. I have a couple engine burn, he has minor #1 damage after parking. Could be a very long game.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:28 am: Edit

Laszlo vs. krieg got through 3 more turns.

Turn 6, I go 19/26/20, run the EPT to 16 and send it to oblivion with 3p1 and 12p3. He stops, TACs, and accelerates to 10 forward. I repair my other p1.

Turn 7, I go 15/30, he goes 10/16. I cross the map, he runs away, then turns back late. I grow tired of holding a couple fusions, so I shoot him for 3 damage, which he reinforces.

Turn 8, he goes 15. I go 25/30/29. On 8.2, he launches a 30. At range 8, I hit him with 5 p1, 1 OHB and 1 HB. Both HBs hit and the phasers do 15. I see a total of 16 reinforcement on different shields, but still get 4 internals (finally!), including a p3 and a warp. I turn off. He shoots me with 5p1 for 8 damage. I gat the torp down to 1, then end up running across the map with my high speed. We end the turn with him in the middle of the map with 1xS and 2xF ready to go (presumably), and me toward the NE corner.

My shields are 30/30/16/23/8/3, while his are 24/10/14/13/0/0. We plan to continue Wednesday.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Laszlo (HYD) defeats krieg (RFH) on turn 9.

Turn 9, I don't really want to slow down and weasel, but I am somewhat cornered and my battery and phaser capacitor are empty. So I go 19/9/4. He goes 28/27/14 and comes screaming in on me. On 9.11 I turn in to range 2, and announce my speed change to 4. We do some IA, and apparently, he was thinking he had launched his torps, but had not. We exchange fire; his 4xp1 put a big dent in my #2, while my 5xp1+4xp3 do 9 internals through his #1, including a couple p3s and a tractor beam. Next impulse, he goes forward to range 1. I am expecting an anchor attempt, but don't see one. I expect him to launch something, but he doesn't. After some consideration, I decide to put batteries into fusions and hope to blow his other tractor beam off. (In retrospect, that was an extremely risky move, but at the time, counting his power, I felt I had enough in tractor to fend off the anchor.) I launch my fighter, hoping it can avoid his 2 remaining phasers, and avenge my ship if I get anchored. My fusions do 10 in, getting a p1 and some power but nothing exciting. He bolts 1xS and 2xF...and misses with everything!

Things went downhill rapidly from there. I anchor him, turn the other gat into arc, and start tearing up his ship. He makes one last attempt to break the tractor but can't. With the fighter coming in, and my ship at range 1 to start next turn, he concedes.

Thanks for a fun game, Clay! Now the quarterfinals come down to Lord_Goofy versus grraven.

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 04:54 am: Edit

Grraven Resigns due to RL complications
Congrats gents.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 03:42 pm: Edit

Mike,

I hope all is well. We could wait a bit if you think you'll be able to play more, otherwise, I'll accept the resignation and advance the round.

By Michael Helbig (Admgrraven) on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Nope I'm done with it. Let them go on.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 08:58 pm: Edit

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 09:01 pm: Edit

So we advance to the semi-finals!

Bracket A will be Team New Jersey vs Orion Bikini Team.

Bracket B will be Team Colorado vs The Warriors Three.

If I'm on top of things, I'll get the specific matches up tomorrow.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 11:49 am: Edit

World League Semifinal matches are up!

Team New Jersey vs Orion Bikini Team:
-Marcus (ORI) vs Ron (GBS)
-Brook (GBS) vs Ken (GRN)
-Steve (WAX) vs Dave (ZIN)

Team Colorado vs Warriors Three:
-Andy (HYD) vs Andy (WAX)
-Scott (ORI) vs Chris (LYR)
-William (RKR) vs Peter (ZIN)

There is an Andy Civil War!

The actual match lists are up on the WL web page (make sure to refresh your page if you don't see the new info). Let's try and make this in 3 weeks, meaning we have till Sunday, August 28th to finish games.

Good work everyone!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 06:31 pm: Edit

I am in no position to plan anything till after the 28th of August. Work, vacations, plans and stuff. Hopefully Peter will forbear. If other Andy and I stumble across each other in the meantime, we will enter the Octagon and see who is the better Andy, although we already know who is the more dashing Andy.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Brook and I are going to try to get started, tonight 9 pm Eastern.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 12:47 am: Edit

I guess we just need Lord_Goofy and Sheap to win their matches, so that ours becomes moot.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 07:44 am: Edit

I predict our match will be for all the marbles. All the semi final marbles that is.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 09:45 am: Edit

Yeah, we'll make it work. With the PH going at the same time, and it being summer and all, I'm flexible as reasonable.

By Brook J. Villa (Brookie) on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 05:04 pm: Edit

Old School(GRN) over Up_All_Knight(GBS) in WL.

I basically ran through his torps and got hosed. I didn't want a long drawn out game so I decided to keep the pressure on. On turn two, I thought I had him cornered after running through a stack of 50 points. He hetted away from me and then got on a the same down shield with bunch of phasers. Good luck to Ken the rest of the way.

Well, now it's up to the other two guys on my team to pull it out. Sorry about that. Wasn't my best showing.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Thanks for the update!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation