Archive through October 18, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: Master 2011: Archive through October 18, 2011
By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 08:12 pm: Edit

I have been harassing Barry about that for years. He doesn't think it's a funny as we do Jeff.

By Jacob Karpel (Psybomb) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 04:50 am: Edit

Troy, besides being in the Selt, if your weapons officer had been worth the energy it took to execute him that would have been a different game :P

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 09:32 am: Edit

CrashandBurn
GaiusFrackingBaltar
Andromedan

in addition to the above, for 24.

By Troy Latta (Saaur) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 09:58 am: Edit

Who knows? I might be in the Selt again for this game. I didn't eliminate it when I signed up.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 10:41 am: Edit

I like the Selt. It is the King Eagle that I picked as the ship that I don't want.

By Troy Latta (Saaur) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 02:22 pm: Edit

I flew a TKE for a bit last night vs a GBS. Inconclusive after 4 turns, mostly because neither player was familiar with his ship. (We randomly selected for ourselves, trying to prep for his tournament.)
On the turns it doesn't cloak, the TKE has INCREDIBLE amounts of power. Then again if it isn't cloaking, it isn't much of a ship.

By Mike Kenyon (Mikek) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 03:13 pm: Edit

The King Eagle was also my "Oh God, Please No" ship. Mostly because I'm not a fan of the Chuck and Duck.

And Troy, I would point out that while it might have been inconclusive, with you having emptry tubes (maybe an F left), most the psuedos gone (see aforementioned F) and me loaded to bear with a couple of boxes of shield damage round, I'm claiming at least the edge in that one. ;)

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 04:48 pm: Edit

One of the keys to the TKE is figuring out which turns you'll have power and which turns you won't. If you ever find yourself with all three plasma, phasers, and batteries coming due on the same turn, that power curve won't seem quite so incredible.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, October 10, 2011 - 09:18 pm: Edit

I have a few more signups. I've been out of the office for a few days, but I will send give an update of participants when I get back. We are up to about 27, which is good, but I am still looking for a few of the usuals to sign up to round us out.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 10:29 am: Edit

List of Masters to Date:

bakija
Lord_Goofy
The_Rock
AdmiralDZZI
Moose
Bear
Jungletoy
Old_School
Sheap
captainron
Laszlo
Devil
kreig
Romwe
Tartan_Army
Saar
ScottishEngineer
Baldnforty
Psybomb
Klenotic
GaiusFrackingBaltar
CrashandBurn
Andromedan
Gregg
Sky_Captain
Shyhawk

for 26! Ideally, I am looking for 6 and a couple of standbys by October 16th Sunday. There are a few names missing here, like BS, Up_All_Knight, Ban_the Fed, Grraven, jonbig, Duke, Sir_Catwhoeatsphotons, Vendetta, Sir_Akira, and I am sure a few more. Lets go my good fellows! Sign up and be a Master!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 11:50 am: Edit

Dave C! Dave C!

By Troy Latta (Saaur) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 02:59 pm: Edit

Not sure if it'll make a difference when you sound out the matchups, but my callsign is Saaur, not Saar.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 06:12 pm: Edit

Oh yeah! Dave C!

Dave C. Sign up. I don't want to hear that you're decompressing from Council. I wasn't there, so I have no sympathy.

Troy Saaur: Sorry brother. I'll make sure I get it right next time.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Andrew,
If can double check the call signs when you give the matchups that would be a great help for me.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 09:40 am: Edit

Will do Paul

I forgot about Nomad in the MIA list! He reminded me when he sent in his entry along with BantheFed, for a total of 28.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 10:58 am: Edit

So we need 4 more slackers, er, upstanding starship captains to step up here.

By Troy Williams (Jungletoy) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 11:51 am: Edit

Decompress heh, three days with the C5N characters probably requires a a limited form of lobotomy.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 04:58 pm: Edit

Yeah I got hooked on a facebook "timed game" set with fast timers so I get 2.75 hours downtime. I gotta get back on to win more gold, honor, and Loot!

Always enjoyed Masters though as it really spotlights some weaknesses I need to work on ;)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 11:05 pm: Edit

We are up to 30 with a BS sighting, and Dave C deciding to come out of his post Council cocoon!

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 10:51 am: Edit

Hey... I'm not fifty yet... Your just jealous that you want me to change my name to BaldnFifty so you can steal BaldnForty...

This is called planning... Twenty years from now, I'm going to still use the handle BaldnForty :)

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Still holding at 30. I would like 32, and there are still a few out there who could round us out. I will
extend the deadline a couple days, or 32, whichever comes first.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 07:49 am: Edit

We are up to 31 with Vendetta, who apparently just can't forgive and forget.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 06:11 pm: Edit

Wednesday night I make the tree, 32 or no.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 08:15 am: Edit

I received another entry from Vendetta, who I suspect may have been trying to enter the RAT.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 02:08 pm: Edit

And we have Duke step forward to make 32 and give us a nice tree!
We can still use a backup or 2, so just e mail me if you would like to fulfill that role.

Thanks!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation