Archive through November 07, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: Master 2011: Archive through November 07, 2011
By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 09:41 am: Edit

Holy Crow. The tree appeared as I was asking for it. It's like magic or something.
Thanks Paul!!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 09:42 am: Edit

BS or Old_School: Looks like you need to report to advance the tree.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 10:56 am: Edit

Andrew,
Yeah. There is a delay between me adding it and it showing up. I think it is a minor caching issue.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Andy, sure, put me down as an alternate.

By Troy Latta (Saaur) on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 09:59 am: Edit

How cool is it that BanTheFed is flying the Fed? };-)>

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 11:09 am: Edit

Ok Ken! You are first alternate. Hopefully, you're not needed.
I still would like to see more action on the scheduling front. Post your plans here!!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:28 pm: Edit

John and I almost played this weekend, but we missed each other. Maybe this upcoming weekend for us.

By Drew Klenotic (Tillek) on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Just been having a few issues at work.... I should know more about my schedule in the morning.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 08:40 am: Edit

I saw that The Rock and Tartan Army were having at it in Game 1.13 last night. I am not sure that they finished, but at least it's in progress. Nice.

We have 1.05 with Nomad and Devil in progress as well, we have 1.07 with Gregg and BalndnForty scheduled up, and bakija and CrashandBurn are making noise about playing 1.11 this weekend.

All very good, but let's keep it rolling!

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:56 am: Edit

Devil(AUX) vs Nomad(RKR)

We got through T10. First couple turns spent runnin and gunnin with phaser battles while T8 he ED'd to get a FA shot and weasel my incoming plasma.

Tale of the tape is he's down 2 weasels currently at spd 8. I have 3 tubes coming up and just launched an S last turn. My shields are a shambles at 10/16/7/18/15/16 with his at 16/23/9/18/6/23. He has 2 drones per rack avail. Hopefully continuein tomorrow otherwise next week most likely.

By Troy Williams (Jungletoy) on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 03:19 pm: Edit

DaveC (LYR) vs Jungletoy (ISC) Scheduled for Monday 11/7/2012

By David Cheng (Davec) on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:25 pm: Edit

... at 3pm EST / 12 noon PST.

By Brendan Lally (Brendan_Lally) on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 04:57 pm: Edit

Tartan Army in the Kzin wins it at the wire to The_Rock's TKR. a last ditch SS shuttle after taking 4 epts and 2 Fs wins the match.

Paul can probably provide a better summary but here goes.

T1 _ 28,21,15 from him and 16/20/26 or some such from me. I eat EPT at R11 after pumping it with 8 P3s at R1. He turn to the NW corner and I follow behind a unopened scatpack heading due N and 4 drones 4 hexes ahead

T2- another ept from the nearside launcher as the Kzin accelerates to 26 all turn. eats a R10 EPT and 2 Fs, one F is str 15 the rest all full power, again 8 P3s into the ept before contact. I finish the turn launching a Sp 1 shut and 2 Sp 32 drones. he is deep in the corner.

T3 - weasel and cloak from TKR

T4/5 - tight action along the corner and map edge as I get one shot on his 1 at R0 and do 24.

T6 he unclaoks. I tractor with 17 power after a het. i eat 2 more full epts at R1. My phasers and 4 drones do extensive damage. After we are both heavily damaged,my last shuttle box launches a SS that drains his power.

Whew, a great game that really taxed my knowledge and application of tactics, rules and strategy. Thanks Paul, you really forced my above and beyond my previous performances.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 08:55 am: Edit

1.11 bakija (LYR) vs crashandburn (ATC) today at 6:00pm ET. Which might be a different time than you think it is due to daylight savings time.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 09:04 pm: Edit

Hilarious 1.11 bakija (LYR) vs crashandburn (ATC) action!

T1: I'm a Lyran. I figure I can just go forward and arm some guns. John is an Archeo Tholian. He has to be tricksy. I plot speed 16 with 4 standard disruptors and a big brick on my #6. He moves 15 all turn with 4xOLs. I just turn right and fly towards my right hand wall. He turns left, flies towards me, and turns back south late in the turn. I turn north eventually. He fires his WC on impulse 28, putting a 5 hex web wall between us, but we are about 20 hexes apart at this point. Impulse 32, I shoot his #6 with 4 standards at R16, hit with 3 and do 6 damage that all sticks. He barfs 4xOL.

T2: His web is solid. I move speed 14 till 8, 26 till 24, 14 till end with 4xOL. He moves 28 most of the turn, slowing to 22 right near the end of the turn. He turns in to approach the web, I turn to be able to get around the south end of the web. I announce my ESGs coming up. He enters his web and gets an unanswered R4 shot on my #2 shield with 7xP1, rolls mediocre, and my #2 holds at 3 boxes. Next impulse he HETs north to run up his web. I turn north and follow and cancel my ESGs. He fires a new web that is in the exact wrong spot to keep me from shooting him. I use batteries to go speed 27 for the whole second half of the turn, so I get to R4 off his #3 shield right after the first web drops and get a clean shot. I fire 4x UIM OL and 6xP1. I hit with 2 of the 4 UIM OLs, roll ok on phasers, and do 11 internals, hitting a couple power, a disruptor, and a P3. He flies off through his web. I chase him. He launches a couple snares. We end the turn at R6, my #1 facing his #5 with an obstacle course of snares on the map, but none in my line of fire.

T3: I figure he might stop here, so I plot 26/25/14, rearm my phasers and batteries, and arm 3 standard disruptors. John plots 0/TAC/10 on impulse 3 and has a couple OL disruptors and recharges his phasers. Impulse 1, seeing he is stopped, I blast his #5 with 6xP1, 2xOL (batteries), 1xSTD. I hit with one of the OLs and the std, do ok on phasers, and do exactly 27 damage, taking down his shield. Next impulse I turn off behind his snare as he TACs around. He speeds up to 10, I try to stay hiding behind his snares, but he eventually gets a R7 shot on my #4 with 2xOL, 7xP1, hits with an OL, rolls cruddy on phasers, and does 19. I move off, he eventually hits my #4 with 4 more damage with his last P1 (leaving my #4 at 1 box). I move off, shoot his #6 for another 7 damage with my offside P1s eventually, and turn back in. He turns to face me, so I announce my ESGs again, as I can finagle a R3 ram here. So he decells and stops to avoid this. I cancel my ESGs again. We end the turn at R5, my #5 facing his #6. He fixes a disruptor.

T4: I plot speed 16/11/5/1 to get in close as he can't go anywhere, arm 4xOL, an HET, and rearm my phasers and batteries. He moves 0/TAC most of the turn, accelerating to 5 the same impulse I slow down to 5. I close in, announcing my ESGs on impulse 5 as it is legal. At R3, he blasts my #6 with 2xOL and 5xP1. One of the OLs misses and my shield holds at 2 or 3 boxes. Next impulse, I HET my up #1 at him. He launches all 4 shuttles, one of which got to R1 and killed by my P3s earlier in the turn. Impulse 9, I move into R2, my 3 box #2 facing his up #2 and my R2 ESGs come up with his ship and 3 shuttles at R2. I shoot him with 4xOL, 6xP1, he blasts me with 2xP1. I hit with 3xOL and do 22 internals. He rolls well on the 2xP1, doing 8 internals, killing one of my ESGs on internal #2. Next impulse, he TACs and fires his last P1 into my ship, doing 3 more internals, getting the second ESG on internal #1 of the second volley. Man. Those ESGs are shoddy. He fires another OL disruptor, but misses with that one. We come into R1, and there is a huge mess of shuttles as he has 3 on the map and I launch all 4 of mine. He cripples one of my shuttles, does 3 damage to another, fires a couple P3s at my ship doing 8 damage to my #5. He launches a snare to snaggle 2 of my shuttles. Eventually, 2 of my shuttles kill one of his, my other two shuttles shoot into his ship for 8 more internals, and I kill his third shuttle (which was a suicide) with my offside P1s as P3s. At the end of the turn, we are at range 5, my #5 to his #4. He has an IDed SS R1 off my #3. I have a shuttle R1 off his down #3 that can fire on impulse 1 and 3 other shuttles on the map. There is a snare between us.

I have shields of 30/0/24/1/16/2 and 11 internals. John's shields are 30/0/0/27/0/17 and about 40 internals. He still has 6xP1, 2xP3, 2xDIsr, the WC, and 21 power.

We'll finish up later this week.

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Did your ESGs actually not get to do any damage?

By Jonathan Biggar (Jonb) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 10:22 pm: Edit

Apparently they came up at R2 which was the range the ATC was at, but neither ship moved before they both got shot off the Lyran.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 10:56 pm: Edit

ESGs don't do damage, they pad phasers. Otherwise they soak up energy.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 08:32 am: Edit

Yeah, the life of my ESGs:

-Announce, cancel before they go up.

-Announce, cancel before they go up.

-Announce, they go up at R2, my opponent and 3 shuttles are all in a hex of the ESGs when they go up. My opponent does 8 internals the impulse they blow up, ESG 1 is killed by the second internal. Next impulse, no one moves, opponent TACs, fires a P1, does 3 internals, blows off ESG 2 on the first internal of that volley. Both ESGs dead having not hit anything.

ESGs are funny :-)

By Troy Williams (Jungletoy) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 11:42 am: Edit

Don't I know it...

By Jonathan Biggar (Jonb) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 06:53 pm: Edit

ESGs are the threat that your opponent must address, allowing you more flexibility due to restricting your opponent's choices. Actually achieving a ram is overkill, but awesome when you can do it. :)

And useful anti-drone & anti Hellbore shields, of course.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 07:27 pm: Edit

1.11 bakija (LYR) over crashandburn (ATC)

T5: The snare is still up for a few impulses, so I can TAC around. I plot 0 till 3 w/2 TACs, 10 till mid turn, 9 till end, rearm my phasers and batteries, overload a couple disruptors, and put a point in tractor. Impulse 1, I tractor the suicide shuttle. 2 and 3 I TAC around to face the Tholian with my up #1, speed up to 10, and fly at him. 2 of my shuttles kill his suicide as I drive by. I get to R2 off his #4. John speeds up to 3, and HETs back at me to R1 centerline. He doesn't break down. We both shoot. I take 15 or so in from a Fist and 6xP1. I do like 30 in with 3xOL and 7xP1. Smoke clears, I'm still in good shape, except for a total lack of shields. The ATC has 5 power and a couple P3s. John resigns.

Great game in kooky ships. Now I get to get killed in a the ATC!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Muy Excellante. 1.03, 1.11, 1.13: In the books.

1.01 DaveC and Jungletoy started today I do believe. 1.05 Devil and Nomad is still in progress.

I think 1.14 between kreig and Vendetta is slated to start this week. That leaves 10 games unaccounted for. Post your plans here!!

By Richard B. Eitzen (Rbeitzen) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 07:45 pm: Edit

My beloved Lyran TC is not kooky! It's the ship that got me an ace card, I remember it fondly!

By Gregg Dieckhaus (Gdieck) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Thats right, if you hadnt cancelled the ESGs you would have gotten the ram!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation