Archive through November 16, 2011

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: Master 2011: Archive through November 16, 2011
By Troy Williams (Jungletoy) on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 10:51 pm: Edit

DaveC (LYR) vs Jungletoy (ISC) 2 turns.

ISC has light internals one shield gone all plasma launched.

LYR Light internals and two full shields remaining.

Turn three will find us at range 9 (#1 to #1) Dave with 8 P1s 4 OLs and ESGs up. Me with PPD, 2 fast load Gs 5 P-1s and the kitchen sink.

Action resumes this Friday at 3:30 EST

I hope to get a least two internals and kill the ESGs before they impact...Bwahahahahaha

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 08:01 am: Edit

Gregg and BaldnForty get 1.07 done last night.
There are also plans afoot for at least one other game. That leaves 8 games in the Twilight Zone.

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 08:21 am: Edit

Game 1.14, krieg vs Vendetta, scheduled to begin Wednesday evening 7pm est

By Mike Kenyon (Mikek) on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:59 am: Edit

Shyhawk(Fed) v ScottishEngineer(Klingon)
scheduled for 6:30 MT tonight

By Mike Kenyon (Mikek) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:23 am: Edit

Shyhawk(FED) over ScottishEngineer(KLI)

T1 - Fed corner dodges at middling speed (17), Kli pursues at 25/24 split. Drops the SP in 10. Takes a shot on the 1 with 4DIS and 3P1 in 1.23, does 13 on the #1 from range 13, dives out.

T2 - Fed slows to 8, KLI plots 28/27/28. Fed slides out and WW the drones, KLI takes the loop around, reloads and discharges one. FED slowly accelerates after the WW to 14.

T3 - Fed plots 17, KLI 25/24/25. I roll around the edge of the wall taking a R9 shot with 3STD on his #2, dropping the shield by roughly half.

T4 - Fed has me tailed at R8-9. I take a 30/24 split trying to keep the range. The Fed plots 26. Gets me a spot where he's going to get at least R4 on a rear shield or R2 in arc on the business end. I opt for getting to fight back. He jackpots, I fiff on one STD and hit with a couple OVER a std. Phaser fire abounds. I'm down to out of arc phasers, a rack and 7 warp.

T5-6 - The bitter end. I play the sit-and-spin while knocking down a couple of shuttles. He turns around. We have a nice R1 exchange where he jackpots AGAIN and I get a couple more internals. I'm space dust, but the Deck 3 Cafeteria is never going to be quite the same again ...

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 11:37 am: Edit

Devil(AUX) vs Nomad(RKR) through T14

T11-12 He's building spd up to 17 on 11 and full after imp 25 of T12.We exchange DF and he eats an enveloper after running it to 11. All our shields get weaker but no ints(he does not fire his hellbore here). No drone launches and he fires P1's on imp 32 of T12 with no disr. I launched a F which he took at R9 to close with me late, as well he killed shut #3 as I launched it to hit any drones but he held drones.

T13 I am cornered(like 8 hexes up) but he is starts at R7 with us #6 to #6. I move a 20/19/15 plot(changing on 5/16) to his spd 26 til 8 27 plot. Imp 1 5 drones come out and we get an imp at R5 on imp 2(#6 to #6). He fires OL hell + disr dinking my #6 after 5 rein and then the hellbore weakened my shields further but I rein to minimize as best I could. Doing this gives me a R6-8 shot on his 4 box #5 in a couple imps so I fire the 4 bearing with a follow-up an imp later after I turn it into arc. Get 6 ints(2 warp, p3). Then I do a loop to deal with drones and he turns out(theoretically I have 3 plasma rdy and A in T2). I have to use 2 tracs, my 6 P3 and a shut to kill 4 outa the 5 drones leaving one for next turn. He gets 3 R8 P1s onto my strong #4 before turning off.
I get to launch my std S on imp 32 after we turn around..we ended at R13. Again I am far left against the wall 7 hexes from corner and am expecting an overrun(hence the S launch).

T14 I think this is gonna be a bloody one but maybe I missed something on his Allocations as he appears to be weazing as badly as I am. I go spd 0 with an enveloper and wait for the onslaught, but Devil turns off totally screwin me. As he turns off though I have a spd change to 5 which gives me R10 on his 5 point #3 so I bolt the F through it(hit with one finally) for 2 ints and fire my 5 P1s over the rest of the turn through his #3 or #5 for a total of 8 more ints(two P3, a warp and cargo/hull all told). On imp 32 at R19 I launch my enveloper(he has nearly the whole board to run if he chooses). He rprs 2 on his #5 so shields are:
RKR 10/5/4/11/12/11
AUX 2/18/0/5/2/17

Still anyones game but at least he is down to 1 drone launch and the warp hits may slow him a little. T15 I think I have a fastload and an F rdy so looks to be a quick turn.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:05 pm: Edit

Duke over BanTheFed in 2 short turns of Fed incompetence. Good luck Chris!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:51 pm: Edit

And now Chris gets to learn the joys of the Fed.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 04:05 pm: Edit

Last time Chris flew a Fed, he totally demolished my Gorn. At Range 8...

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 05:15 pm: Edit

I can beat anyone with the Fed.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 05:34 pm: Edit

That sounds very Pimp Daddy-ish

By Jon Taylor (Vendetta) on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 11:31 pm: Edit

I can beat anyone's Mama in the Fed. That's right, I am callin' out anyones Mama.

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 10:22 am: Edit

You know what? I just realized that the Selt doesn't have double shuttle bays. Doh!

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 08:48 pm: Edit

Hmm...

By Majead Farsi (Devil) on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 07:41 pm: Edit

Nomad Defeats Devil over 20 Turns. A long game only possible due to Nomad rolling poorly on his bolts. He played a very good game. I wish him and anybody else who ends up playing with the Wyn aux the best of luck as I think most of your games are going to be long ( win or loose). Its just that type of load out on the Tub. No hitting power!! I was impressed with the TKR first time I have played against it, plenty of phasers and an excellent Turn mode.
Regards All!!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:35 am: Edit

We've gotten some stuff done, which is good! But, we're behind the pace for the 11/20 deadline, with 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.12, 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16 still outstanding. I know a couple of these have actually started, and I know that a couple are in scheduling negotiations. But I also know nothing about some of these games.

If your game is in the Twilight Zone, please endeavor to get in touch with your opponent, and give us a sign ASAP! Don't hesitate to let me know if anyone will be having scheduling problems due to RL or whatever, and I can plug a replacement in to keep things moving.

Thank You!

By Jon Taylor (Vendetta) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:50 am: Edit

Vendetta vs Kreig to continue Wednesday night.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:15 am: Edit

1.15 Moose vs. Laszlo is scheduled for Tuesday night.

By Troy Williams (Jungletoy) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:30 pm: Edit

1.01 DaveC (LYR) defeats Jungletoy (ISC)

5 great turns where the Lyran took 3xFs ,2x Gs, a standard PPD and a OL PPD (5 imp)and a kitchen sink from the galley. When the dust settled I had some power and 1xPPD, the Lyran had 4xP1, 3xDisr and ONE ESG! Everything else had been shot away. I could have extended the game for maybe one more turn and taken his hack and slash on my full #4 effectively removing the last ISC shields. Very chess like game, I think the most compelling mistakes I made were string-launching the plasma and not using EPTs. I also should have PPT to draw his weasel ,shot it then launched 2 fastload F's. But with has many internals as I did to the Lyran I whiffed on all his weapons systems. Great game Dave!

By Troy Latta (Saaur) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:55 pm: Edit

My game is in the twilight zone and cannot be done before Thanksgiving. I'm going on vacation next week, and this week is spent in preparation.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 02:28 pm: Edit

Go Dave! Go Troy! 1.01 in the books!

Ok NP Troy(Latta). Please try to get something set up with Paul for when you get back. Have fun on vacation.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 06:33 pm: Edit

Andrew Klenotic,

Have you gotten either of the E-mails I sent?

Ron

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:24 pm: Edit

Sheap vs. Romwe should take place on the 20th at 2PM Eastern.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:14 am: Edit

I missed my game with Andy Vancil last night due to a minor medical emergency. My apologies. I will contact Andy today to reschedule.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 05:29 pm: Edit

No problem at all. I'm glad you finally got that face lift you've been talking about.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation