Archive through May 15, 2012

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through May 15, 2012
By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 12:01 am: Edit

BS won our game, and propels Team Alien Demon Battalion into first place with 3 pts.

Thanks Bill I had fun.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 09:35 am: Edit

Thanks to both guys for finishing the first game. Team Scores:

1) Alien Demon Battalion:3
2) Plasma Surprise: 1
3) Everyone Else: 0

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 09:35 am: Edit

Everyone please remember--there is no auto game report for this event. Please just post or e-mail me results. Thanks!

By Geoffrey Nokes (Chaotic_Cobalt) on Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 02:18 pm: Edit

Nomad (Kerry) and i will be playing on Monday some time after 11am Pacific time

By William T Wilson (Sheap) on Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Oh great, my team's in last place now :)

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 12:31 pm: Edit

Alien Demon Battalion (E1 krieg RKR) vs the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (F3 Moose WAX 11g1)

I guess I'll find out which one of those 3 amigoes shows up Monday at 7pm eastern :)

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 09:04 pm: Edit

Team Avengers vs Orion Bikini Team Action!

bakija (GRN) vs AdmiralDZZI (KLI)

T1: I cruise up the map and pitch an enveloper. He shoots my #1 with standards, scoring a few hits after reinforcement. He turns off from the enveloper, I kinda slip towards him. Late in the turn he launches a couple fast drones, we both shoot each other in the flanks with 4xP1 at R8, he launches a shuttle. Impulse 31, he phasers the enveloper at R1. Seeing it is going to hit on impulse 1 anyway, he HETs into it for 38 damage spread around. I shoot one of the drones with a P1 for 4 damage, but it lives. We end at about R8.

T2: I move 26/16, he moves 28/30/21. Impulse 1, I launch 50 plasma at him. He phasers up my #5 with 5xP1, but finds some reinforcement. He turns and runs from the plasma. I tractor and ID the second drone (also a type IV), kill them both with phasers, kill his shuttles with phasers before it could blossom if it were a SP. It wasn't. He runs off, phasers the S torp down before eating it for a few points, but it is a pseudo. I turn in and chase. He launches 2 drones, which I kill with phasers eventually, and a SP, which opens with 5 drones. We end at about R8, me out of the Klingon's FA, with 4 drones on the map (one of the SP drones had to die on release due to the other two drones still being on the map).

T3: I move 4/14. Klingon moves 0/4/10. I weasel the drones on the map, taking some collateral on my #3. He TACs to face me and speeds up to 4 and launches a couple fast drones, which eventually get killed with phasers. I manage to turn out to range 9 without getting fired at. I just cruise off, he speeds up to 10. Late in the turn, he scratches up my #3 with 4xP1s at R12 or so. We end the turn at about R11.

I have about 29 points of shield damage spread around. The Klingon has about 39 spread around. I have seen both type IVs, all 4 fast drones, 6 total drones launched, and a 5 drone SP (so one drone is saved for reloads). We'll see what happens when the game continues eventually.

Fun so far!

By Eric Phillips (Ericphillips) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 12:05 am: Edit

Just a note. I haven't hooked up with anyone yet. But good news, I just turned in my first draft which has been KILLING me, and now I have time to get er done!

By Marcus J. Giegerich (Marcusg) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:49 am: Edit

On our team, Steve is definitely the bad. As in bad ass. Go get him partner!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 01:28 pm: Edit

I don't think Steve's ass is that bad.

By Geoffrey Nokes (Chaotic_Cobalt) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Well, I got schooled in dancing by Nomad. Score one for Team Spontaneous Combustion!

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 05:14 pm: Edit

When I dance, people break out their wallets and throw money at me to get me to stop. It's a lucrative side business. :)

By Geoffrey Nokes (Chaotic_Cobalt) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Tartan_Army, i am available on Wednesday to do battle all day Pacific time.

By David Zimdars (Zimdarsdavid) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 06:02 pm: Edit

Peter's game account is all Gorn propaganda. We Klingons deny everything.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 06:49 pm: Edit

Nomad(WBS-BB) vs Chaotic_Cobalt gorn.

T1 we come in 6 to 6 and gorn launches real S and turns off at R13. I fire 2 std disr and turn off to pasture torp but turn back in late hitting it with phaser 3 hose taking 6 to my #4 on imp 31. We end around R15 off our #5s. He kills my 4 launched drones.

T2 I do a 14/20/26 plot while he's spd 24 all turn. I expect to chase him into the corner but he turns into me and we pass at R8. He hits my #2 for 9 while I hit his #5 for 25 with 2OL+ 2 std. He batt rein 2 to keep the shield.

As the gorn does not launch any torps on imp 30 I turn in and we end at R4 1 hex to my FA "edge", again my #2 to his #5. We both had fired on imp 26 so imp 2 is the next opportunity. I have 4 drones out at R2 and 5 to him.

T3: I do a spd 14 then 20 plot(on imp 3 so I can turn on my first move) gorn does a 16/8/4/3 plot for 6 total moves. I hit his weak #5 with 2 OL+ 6P1s and flee. He reinforces for 16 and takes light internals. Even lighter due to with 16 ints I hit 2 warp, an Ftrop, and hull. I flee and launch 2 more drones to test his phasers. Imp 4 He HETs to chase me back into the corner at slow spd. Launching the damaged Ftorp which impacts me later at R15.

We end at R13 with me up against the barrier about the middle(like row 26). I launch my remaining 2 racks to give him something to deal with. I ended up using all my batts to maintain my spd 20 so I am sucking wind.

T4 I am 20 all turn with him being spd 13 due to spd 3 late last turn. I turn in and then slip into R8 where we exchange P1s and he launches a pair of psuedos so I decide to not launch drones and run from em using batts to increase to spd 25 letting em hit after P3s on imp 31. After finding out their psuedo status I start turin around.

T5 I again expect him to just launch an S and use it to keep me at range. I do a spd 14 til 16 20 plot with the gorn doin 12 all turn. As he is 12 I launch a pair fo drones early to have him waste phasers and hit him at R15 with the loaded 3 stds I have avail. He fires 5 p1's at R15 into my 18 point #6 bringing it to 14. Seeing as he's now short on phasers I get ready to turn into him, but he does so first allowing my turn in to stay outside of his LP arc.

Seeing this I immediately change to spd 25 off batts and try and reach his 2 point #3. He launches a real S from his B launcher which I am expecting to eat on my full #1.

As we close though he moves his plasma to head me off aiming for my 21 point #2. He is able to turn into me before I get his #3 but I am just able to keep outa his LP by slipping out. With the torp at R1 off my #1 "leading me", I turn in the next imp to juke the torp til EOT as long as I don't get tractored. We are now closing #1 to #2 with me SS towards his #3 at every opportunity. I will get it at R3 on imp 28. He uses his pair of P3s on my drones on imp 26 killing 1.

To deny this he uses HET#2 on imp 27 to put us directly off each others #1. Here comes the sweatin. His tractor attempt has me use my last battery and I am successfullly free!

Doing this he launches his other 2 torps and I launch both t4s as he only has a single bearing P1. After all seekers are launched I announce ED.

My phasers do 24 ints to him with the 48 from the T4s leaving him utterly gutted. I get to run for 2 imps and weasel all the torps.

Tight game up until the T5 phaser fire and turn into me that just threw a huge opportunity my way.

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 07:07 pm: Edit

Shyhawk vs GFB is underway.

By Matthew Potter (Neonpico) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 07:15 pm: Edit

AdmiralDZZI v Neonpico starting today

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 07:54 pm: Edit

So Kerry won, yes? (It doesn't actually say who won anywhere...)

By Matthew Potter (Neonpico) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Yes. Kerry Won. Team Decepticon tied for first!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 09:04 pm: Edit

Or, conversely, Team Spontaneous Combustion tied for second!

By Eric Phillips (Ericphillips) on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 09:40 pm: Edit

I have my first game tomorrow. I will avenge Spontaneous Combustion with the vengeance of deadly vengeance!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 12:05 am: Edit

Shyhawk vs GFB Turn 5 Completed

Feds taken slightly more damage losing 1 photon, 4 ph 1, 7 warp, and 4 impulse, 5 batts and an AWR.

I lost 1 Disr, 1 ph 1, 3 FX ph 3's, 3 warp, and 4 impulse, 1 battery, and 1 drone rack.

4 turns of sniping with bad dice wasnt making much progress on the slower moving bigger bricking fed. When he was forced to hit the wall to weasel away the wave of 6 drones I closed in to end the turn at range 4.

Shield damage so far the Fed is at 6/25/23/12/20/0, the WYN 0/30/24/24/24/30

Will continue this week in the evenings.

By Geoffrey Nokes (Chaotic_Cobalt) on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 12:26 am: Edit

Tartan_Army and I are scheduled for Wednesday @ 10:00 Am Pacific Time

By Geoffrey Nokes (Chaotic_Cobalt) on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 12:30 am: Edit

Sadly I got gutted in my game with Kerry before i could unveil our Team Uber Special Ultra Finishing Move... Of Awesome

By Matthew Potter (Neonpico) on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 01:34 am: Edit

Team Decepticon was deceived by the lack of the Orion and the lack of bikini in my battle against AdmiralDZZI. But I took home to win anyways. Looks like Team Decepticon is 2-1 now!

Report to follow. News at 11.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation