Archive through June 03, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 03, 2013
By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Monday, May 27, 2013 - 11:47 am: Edit

check

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Monday, May 27, 2013 - 01:46 pm: Edit

Got it.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Monday, May 27, 2013 - 03:11 pm: Edit

Things look good here.

-DC

By Brett W. Johnson (Bjohnson) on Monday, May 27, 2013 - 08:34 pm: Edit

Dumb question maybe, but does the SFU client have weapon tables for the Maesron unsanctioned cruiser?

I'm supposed to fight one...

The SSD and rules explain how the Tach Missiles work, but I couldn't find tables for either:
1) Wideangle P1/P3
2) Tach Guns

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, May 27, 2013 - 08:42 pm: Edit

They are on SFBOL. Look under "charts/tables" and "Omega weapons".

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 02:47 pm: Edit

Peter, I sent you email. Let me know if you don't get it.

Brian

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 04:00 pm: Edit

Brian--hasn't shown up as of 4:00pm.

By Brett W. Johnson (Bjohnson) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 04:27 pm: Edit

Moose/Peter -

Thanks! Silly me, I looked everywhere in the weapons tab...

Thought maybe my client was wonky...

Might prevent confusion if this was a tab under weapons instead...

thanks guys - brett

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:01 pm: Edit

Peter, try sending me an email again. FYI, the email that Paul gave as part of our team submission had my email wrong. If you were using that, it would explain the bounce.

Brian

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:03 pm: Edit

Ah, that is probably it. It looked the same, but probably was off a bit.

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:21 pm: Edit

I got that one and responded.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:48 pm: Edit

Got it.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 08:52 pm: Edit

So I fixed errors on Brian Evans' info line:

His callsign is Romwe (capital R).

His Orion options are FgF1f/HgHbb.

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 09:04 am: Edit

Thanks Peter!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:06 am: Edit

I've emailed my 3 opponents and talked to one of them, still waiting for a response from Sir_Krotar and Andromedan.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:39 am: Edit

I have e-mailed two and have talked to one of my opponents as well. He used the lame excuse that there would be no SFBOL today as a reason he couldn't play.

Also, I am taking a hardline stance with BS saying his RAT games need done before I will play him. Maybe by that time my teammates will have secured second round status, and I wont have to play BS. Crap, did I just type that out loud?

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:47 am: Edit

Which turned out to be wrong, today is not Wed May 31st.

The server must be changing Friday.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:51 pm: Edit

Sorry about the confusion. Copy/Paste error there. It is now corrected.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Tonight at 9pm eastern:
Team FYPSWWTW: Moose (WAX11g1) vs Team Torpedo Triad: Spartan TKR.

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Moose defeats Spartan on turn 2, when an ill-times slip allowed me to launch 4 drones and a suicide shuttle that would make a 2 to 0 jump next impulse when he only had 5 phasers in arc. He killed 2 of the drones and the ss, but my fire took down his shield and he ate a type 1 and a type 4 in his down shield, followed by 1 p-1. He was down 3 torps, 5 phasers and 11 power, while I had no damage, so he conceded.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 07:34 am: Edit

That'll do it.

Congrats on the first game down!

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Nomad(WBS BB) defeats V_Raptor(gorn) in 6.

First 4 turns are me running and hitting R8 shots While raptor does a good job using his psuedo+F combos to keep me running. By EOT 4 raptor has 5 dam on 1,6 and 13 on #3 I have 2 on #6+4. On T5 he has ABC torps.

T5 we start at R9 midddle of the board and I have 2 drones out in front of me. We are off our #2's. I do a spd 20 til 10 27 plot and turn in(I batt to spd 28 late). Gorn is 15 til 5 26 til 26 17 plot. After turning in he waits til I commit for a couple imps and launches the S then he turns out.

I got no way to do anything unless I HET so I eat it on my #2 and then turn in after to get my #6 on his ship. He runs from drones to the corner. Late in the turn I fire 4 stds into his #5 for 6. Then again turn my #1 into him and close to R4 on his #5 launching 2 more drones to keep any HET thoughts at bay. I get 7 ints from the 6 P1(warp and 2 phasrs) and end at R3. He launches 2 shuts on imp 32.

T6 I look at my EA and I'm wheezing badly so I go the spd 0 with a little trac, recharge all and have 3 OLs . He goes spd 0 as well and has to recharge his 2nd Ftorp this turn so I am just able to defeat a Big R3 tractor by the skin of my teeth. After bolts and phasers I take like 6 ints and the gorn will be getting lambasted later in the turn so he conceeds.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, June 03, 2013 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Team Iron Mans Three Action!

I'm using the Peladine (2x Plasma G, 2x Plasma F, 2x B rack, 9xP2, 2xP1). I took it thinking it was turn mode C, but it is turn mode D. And then never actually played it before.

Romwe (ORI HgHbb) over bakija (PEL)

T1: I arm an enveloped G and move 16/24 with a brick. Brian doubles one engine. We close in, I pitch the enveloper, he turns off, we both launch a couple drones.

T2: I move 16/24 holding a standard G torp and some tractor. Brian goes fast and doubles both engines. We dilly dally around a while, both killing the drones. We turn in, he gets to R7 or so on my #5, hits hard with 4xP1, and then hits me with an OL HB, missing with the standard. My #5 goes down to a box. He runs away.

T3: I move 24 all turn, he moves middle/fast with an engine doubled. I just chase him into the corner all turn. We both launch drones on impulse 32.

T4: I move 31/16/8/4 with a lot of tractor and finish my standard G torp. He moves 19/31/something. I chase him. I have to shoot down his drones with my P1s while he gets to mostly ignore mine for the time being. At R5, he hits me with an OL HB, doing 9 internals through my 1 box #5. I losing nothing important. Except for a tractor. On 9 internals. He is caught near the wall, and I turn into R2 of him, so he HETs back at me, getting R1 #2 to #2. I tractor him for 9 power. We both launch drones. He hits me with 7xP3, 4xP1, and another OL HB. I shoot his drones some. I take 17 in and then another 20 in. When the smoke clears, I have no tractors. I surrender, as I can't possibly hurt him now.

Not super impressed by the Peladine thus far. And can't see how the ship (armed with plasma Gs and P2s) can possibly kill an Orion except by tractoring it, and it can't possibly keep tractors against an Orion with HBs (i.e. pretty much any Orion that is going to see combat against this thing).

By Mike Kenyon (Mikek) on Monday, June 03, 2013 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Spartan (TKR) vs. ScottishEngineer (MAE)

T1: I got 14/28, he goes 28/late 21. I get a R7 oblique shot and crack half his #1. He turns in, I get cocky and turn in. We both launch seekers, he a 30 and a 20. I take a shot with 2 TGs (one at 5, one at 6) and the remaining P1s in arc. I do medium damage and miss with the 5-pt TG. Shield comes down exactly. He returns with halving my #1. I slip out and I think I'm going to get to the turn break ... but miscounted. He hits with both at near full (only had 2P3 in arc). Luckily the S was a pseudo or game might have ended there.

T2: Both go mid-20s, playing ring around the center. He's slightly faster, so I can never get either on his #1 or on him off my tail. He fires the real A torp on 2.28. End with him 10 or so off my tail.

T3: I run the torp down to 15 damage and take 10 more off with phasers. Brings my #3 down to 3 points from the two prior shots. I get him centerline reverse at R7 and ding his #2 as I cannot get his #1 late in the turn. He alphas (including bolting the remaining torps) at R8. Hits fairly well and does a lot of internals .. 2 power, most of my batteries and hull and 1 p3, that's it. He turns out, I start to follow with a drone in the air. Ended the turn at R13 with me loaded for bar now on his tail.

Saved there, next session to be scheduled.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:15 pm: Edit

Nomad(WBS BB) vs Kreig(gorn) thru 4

T1 we do the std approach thingie and at R15 I'm on his #1 so I hit for 12 sticking 8. We both keep closing and I turn in to allow for an oblique pass. He launches a std S to keep me honest. I launch drones.

As we close to R8 though he turns his #6 to me and shadows behind his Storp, but he keeps slipping in closing the range. On imp 31 I have to either fire in the R6-8 or turn in to the R3 Storp. So I say screw it and turn into R5 hitting his S with 3 p3s. I hold fire to try and get his #5 on imp 32. After I slip out we are #5 of his to my #6. Torp impacts but is a psuedo.

I fire 6 p1 bringing his #5 to 2 boxes. He fires 4 p1 one per drone killing all(at R2 and 4 to him).

T2 I sense a big spd change and tractor death here, but I really have few outs. I go fast at a HETable spd ;). Again I forgo disr to run. The gorn is spd 26 as well. Gorn HETs into me imp 2 so I either go forward and brave his "fully loadedness" or HET out. Choice B it is. Then we do turning wars after with him gradually going down to spd 10 and me down to 14.

T3 We start at R11 ish So he's doing a spd 12/15/16 plot to turn right away. I'm doing 14 til 10 then 25 til 22 then 26. We do a lotta posturing with me putting a full 6 drones out(2 from late last turn).

I close behind them and get his #1 on imp 15 at R4 doing 10 with 4 p1s out my #3. He's just phaser 3'in the drones as they come in. After my crappy phaser roll I look and see I can reach R2 for a phaser 3 hose if I can survive any tractor attempt. So in I go getting 1 int(FH). We then run til late in the turn where I ss in on imp 31 for R5 on his #1. I fire my now bearing 2 p1 for 7 ints(2 pwr and Ftorp) on the same imp he bolts 3 torps saving an S. After hitting with 2 I keep the shield at 1. Imp 32 he fires 2 p1 through the hole and gets a disr and p3.

T4 I go spd 0 til 15 8 til 32 while gorn does a spd 16/8/10 plot. Imp 1 I try H+R but general blocks me. Then he fires 2 p1+Sbolt missing with the S for 6 more crap internals(p3, warp) I get 6 back and these internals are fantastic(3 phasers and a third warp). I then turn to face and start my slow chase after he turns off. B4 leaving r8 I throw my remaining 2 OLs and 4 p1 into his #4 and later fire another std disr there. Missing with one OL and decent phaser rolls leaves it at 4.

So gorn has room to run as I need to build up spd and have used most of my drones.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation