Archive through June 17, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through June 17, 2013
By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 08:50 pm: Edit

Moose (WAX 11g1) Vs MaxSpeed (Gorn)

We got through 4 turns today. Most of the game has been spent running away from torps for me. I have seen both of his PPTs, a real S and an F. He also used his HET bonus on turn 4.
I am down 10 boxes on my #2 and he is down 13 boxes on his #5.
The game will continue next Saturday 6/15.

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 10:16 pm: Edit

Nomad(WBS BB) vs Kreig(gorn) with Nomad winning

T5 we run for most of it with gorn turning his good #3 to me once within R8 and slipping away. He also launches 3 shuts which I kill and I fire into his #3 hitting with 1 std +p1s bringing it down to 1 after 4 batt rein this was like imp 27+.We end at R4 me off his #3.

T6 he looks to be spd 0 and I can work with that so plot 0 til 10 spd 3 til 32.
He tacs his 30 point #2 to me imp 2 and I try to play on the hex splines forcing tacs. Before I can really get that to work in my favor on imp 21 he inceases to spd 6. For imp 22 I slip left so if he does not HET #2 he gives me his 1 point #3 shield. Gorn tries HET#2 rolling a 6 for a breakdown and game.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:33 pm: Edit

Old_School (LDR) and Scottish_Engineer (MAE) got through 4 turns tonight, with in my estimation the Maeson up substantially. That thing clearly needs a downgrade (joking about the downgrade, not that Mike is winning).

By Mike Kenyon (Mikek) on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:50 pm: Edit

I got lucky on a couple shots early. That said, I'm missing the entire front half of my shields ... Going to make capitalizing on my slight current edge ... challenging.

It's a tough little ship. Hits a lot, doesn't do a huge amount when it does (save from point-blank range) ... Still making my mind up on how I feel about that ...

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 02:32 pm: Edit

GaiusFrackingBaltar and I got through two turns yesterday. I have an edge so far due to his down front shield, seeing both PPTs, and overall board position. Josh is a cagey Gorn though, it's still anyone's game.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Team Iron Mans Three Action!

bakija (PEL) over CrashandBurn (FRX)

T1: I move 16/24 with an enveloped G torp and a brick. John moves 31 all turn. He closes and turns across my bow. At about R11, I launch the enveloper. He gets to 8, fires 4xP1, but hits my brick. He turns off, fires 4 more P1s for 5 damage that sticks. I just chase after him as he runs my plasma out. Impulse 32, I launch a couple drones. I'm in the middle of the map, he is close to th eupper right corner.

T2: I move 24 all turn with some tractor power, he moves 21. He runs the plasma to nothing, and turns to skirt along the north wall. I just close in on him steadily, staying in his FA. We get to about R3 and I accelerate to 31. He sees I'm getting to him, so he turns into the wall and stops with me at R2. I launch a drone. He apparently thought he launched a weasel, but it got lost by my drone launch and he didn't realize it. I had no idea. I slip into R1, tractor him, and he realizes his weasel didn't get launched. I offer to back up, but John figures things had gone to far at that point, so we press on. I launch 60 plasma, a drone, and a shuttle. John launches a couple drones. We both kill the drones just launched, and John hits me in the face with 8xP1, rolling hot and does 21 internals. I lose 4 phasers, including an unfired P1, as I fired 4xP2s to kill his drones, forgetting the phaser priority rule. Next impulse, I'm forced to push John into the wall, which breaks the tractor, but we don't move, so my plasma hits for 36 in, which he takes like a champ. He launches his weasel (as there is another drone about to hit, and two more on the way from T1). I fire 3 phasers into his ship for 10 more internals through the weasel shift. Next impulse, I slip to avoid R0 and collateral from the weasel, as my drone hits it. I hit the wall with my down #1 for 5 more internals and stop directly behind him. He does not reactivate fire control. Impulse 32, my shuttle enters his hex (it has a guy on board), my 2 drones get to R1 from him and his dead weasel, and I fire 3xP2 from the back of my ship into his #4 for about 11 damage through the still present weasel shift.

T3: I move 0/8 with more tractor and the second arming turn of a G torp. My shuttle plots 0 till 8 then -6. Impulse 1, I drop tracking on the two drones on the map to avoid killing my shuttle with the collateral. John TACs (the FRAX has no impulse at this point, so no impulse TACing this turn) and activates his AFC on 2. On 3 I tractor him again, launch a fast load F, a drone, and another shuttle. John kills my drone and shoots 9 points off the plasma with passive FC. Impulse 4, the plasma hits his #3 for 11, and I knock it down with my available phasers, but don't do internals. Impulse 5, John fires an OL disruptor on passive at my new shuttle, but misses. Impulse 6, I TAC away. 7, I TAC again and accelerate to 8 while my shuttle accelerates to -6. John takes stock of the situation and resigns--I'm getting away at this point, and he is going to get shot up by my shuttles.

He has significantly more internal damage (about 46 internals vs my 26), 2 down shields to my 1, more total shield damage. He is down to 4xP1, 2xP3, 2x dirsuptors, I have 2x G torp, 1xF torp, 5xP2, 1xP1, and a drone rack left, as well as more power and all my batteries.

It remains to be seen what happens if he launches the weasel when he planned on it, but I probably do a lot worse at that point.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Monday, June 10, 2013 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Agent of Change (WBS 11) vs captainron (ATC)

5 Turns played. Only shield damage so far. Although my #3 is down to 2 boxes. Brett got unlucky with phaser dice or the shield would have caved.

Game to continue this friday.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 02:43 pm: Edit

Josh and I got through three more turns today. Lots of shield damage on both sides, but my last volley did 19 in on him. So edge to me so far. We shall see how it goes from here.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 04:12 pm: Edit

Also,
Other Andy( Laszlo-HYD) and I( Droid- Frax) are playing our game this coming Monday at 7 Mountain/ 9 Eastern. Earlier than he would like, and later than I would like, due to the stupid fat Earth.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Droid in the Frax over GaiusFrackingBaltar in the Gorn

Beginning of last turn, he has downed shields all over the place and great difficulty bringing his torps to bear with me three hexes behind him one hex off centerline. He launches an F and HETs, I weasel the F. Impulse 12 or so, we end up with him in my hex with 1 point shield facing me, me under weasel, and a full enveloper one hex out. I choose to exchange fire here at range 0 and eat his enveloper. I do 60+ internals to his 30+ on me and he concedes.
Not that it matters, but it occurs to me that if I had waited one impulse and let the enveloper hit the weasel I could still have shot his face off.. And now that I am typing this it also occurs to me that we forgot to apply feedback damage 25% of the warhead to the facing Gorn shield. Scary man. But hey three point is three points! Go Team Iron Mans Three!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 04:33 pm: Edit

I would not have taken feedback since I did not launch in your hex, the Plasma S circled around before hetting.

You only take feedback when you launch in the same hex and are still there when the plasma hits.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 04:52 pm: Edit

Correct--plasma feed back only happens if:

A) You are in the same hex as your target.

B) You launch plasma at your target.

C) You are still in the same hex as your target when the plasma hits him.

If you launch plasma at R1 and then move to R0 with the plasma and it hits when you are now in the same hex, no feedback.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 05:01 pm: Edit

Ahh ok. I stand corrected. Still. The waiting the one impulse thing. GG by the way Josh!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Ahh ok. Same hex launch. I stand corrected. Still. The waiting the one impulse thing. GG by the way Josh!

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 11:23 pm: Edit

GG to you too Andy.

By Bill Schoeller (Bigbadbill) on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 01:47 am: Edit

Laszlo defeats BS in a 5 turn slugfest.

I managed to get him down to 1 gat, 1 HB and 3 fus on his ship. He played very well.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 02:17 am: Edit

Thanks, Bill. It was fun.

Turn 1, he missed with 2/4 UIM OLs, but I missed with a range 4 HB. He misread my reinforcement and ended up splitting damage between two shields. He lost his #4, I lost my #1. Turns out, losing the #4 is worse in some ways.

Turn 2, we circle around. I am forced to HET when he threatens to move onto my #1. He keeps me off his #4. He kills one fighter and plinks at my shields. I damage his #2.

Turn 3, I go 0/9 and put a brick on the damaged #3. His phasers and disruptors do only 2 ints. My phasers do more damage to his #2, while my HBs do 6 and then 10 internals. My remaining fighter runs him off and scores another 8 in through his #4, rolling snake-eyes on fusions.

Turn 4, I go 0/9 again. We kick out a bunch of shuttles. His fire downs my #6 and gets 8 ints past the reinforcement. My ship just shoots at his drones and shuttles, but my fighter manages to catch him after using its chaff to dodge his drones, doing 13 internals through the #4.

Turn 5, his ship has a lot of internal damage, but still has 5p1s, 2 disr and a drone. With my #3 and #6 down, and one box on my #1, my best bet is to close with the #1. I miss with a HB. He proceeds to mizia my p1s off, while I do shield damage on his good #6, but eventually, we get close. I hit him with the other HB. Rather than give me a down shield, he goes to zero, where my remaining gat, 2 fusions and suicide shuttle leave him a wreck.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 08:59 am: Edit

Good work so far--I currently have 8 games done. Please check the tree on the WL website to make sure I have recorded your game.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 10:56 am: Edit

Romwe ( Orion FgF1f ) defeats BaldnForty ( Maesron )

Game report coming someday...

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 11:34 am: Edit

Lynn (MaxSpeed) I have been called into work for mandatory overtime, so I can't play today. Sorry.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Romwe ( Orion FgF1f ) defeats BaldnForty ( Maesron )

In pre-game setup, I started with a single wild weasel warming in the bay and a mixture of type 1 and type 2 missiles in the racks.

Turn 1...

Orion plotted 1-22=26,23-32=30
Maesron plotted 1-32=20

I put 3 into tractor and bumped all four of my Tachyon Guns up to five energy.

Orion put 2 into tractor...

Pretty much this was a run up the center, with me turning early to try to move over and get him centerlined.

Of course Brian, turned in the other direction making that a little more difficult.

Around impulse 16 or so, I launched a missile... Just because.

Impulse 1.25, Brian launched a Plasma F at me

Impulse 1.26 he fired five P1s at me at range 5 doing 18 points to my #6 shield.

Impulse 1.27 I burned a battery and bumped my speed up to 30...

Impulse 1.28 Brian fired another Plasma F at me. His first plasma F struck my #1 shield at this point doing 20 points of damage.

Impulse 1.30 was a busy impulse.

Brian tractored my missile using up his two points of tractor energy. Also, his first Plasma F hit doing 20 points to my #1 shield.

I returned the favor by firing three TG and six PW-1 at him at range three. Two of the three TG were at seven energy level, the other TG was still at five energy. That cost me all four of my remaining batteries.

The two seven pointers hit, but the five pointer missed. Total damage was 48 points on his #6 shield which found his 15 point brick and did three in. I did manage to hit one of his Plasma F launchers.

I also fired my two offside PW-1s and a PW-3 at his other plasma F doing 14 points of damage to it.

Impulse 1.31, I slipped into range one of Brian and grabbed him in a tractor. His other plasma struck my #2 shield for 20 - 7 = 13 points of damage.

At this point, we had dropped in speed and thus my turn mode was satisfied. I was planning on turning the following impulse to direction B and bringing my last TG to bear on his down #6 shield.

However at the end of the turn, I fired two more PW-3 into his down shield range 1 doing an additional eight points of damage. I hit his other plasma thus depriving him of all heavy weapons and was feeling pretty good at this point.

He returned the favor with seven P3s doing 24 points of damage on a weakened #6 shield. This did 12 in and took out one of my TG, but no other weapons.

Thing were looking up for the Maesron at this point. I had taken out all of his heavy weapons, and the following impulse, I was planning on turning and bringing to bear my last remaining TG.

He had recently turned, and even with his lowered speed, he was not turn enabled. So the question was. Do I fire the TG on 1.32 doing 10 points of damage, or wait till 2.1 and bump it up to 16 points of damage knowing that he could dump in massive amounts of general reinforcement.

Sadly for me, Brian had other plans, he HETd to direction C and since he was moving slower, he moved first. Even worse, since we were now moving the same direction, my move was delayed by an impulse.

Impulse 1.32, Brian fired the three remaining P3s that he had just uncovered into my down shield which I couldn't turn away because my move was delayed. That masterful HET on Brian's part gave him the game.

He did 11 points in which hit another Tachyon Gun, a Tachyon Missile, and three phasers!!!! Yikes!!!

At that point, I decided not to maintain the tractor auction, since that's a losing proposition with an Orion. Thus I lost that move, and started turn 2 with a down shield facing him. That one HET was really a fabulous move...

Turn 2

I plotted 1-15=0,16-32=10 with three TACs, one impulse and one warp.

Brian plotted 1-3=26,4-11=19,12-32=26 with both warp engines doubled.

Impulse 2.1 I launched another Tachyon Missile. I also launched two shuttles. I had dropped the power for wild weasel since I had destroyed both of his plasma launchers.

I had no direct fire weapons that had cycled yet, however Brian had a fusion beam facing me on a down shield at range 1.

He fired it overloaded, but fortunately he rolled a five doing seven points. I had enough power for general reinforce to stop three points of it. So he did four more in.. But those four were deadly.

Two PW-1s... I was out of PW-3 padding in that arc.
Another Tachyon Gun, now I was done to my last one.

and he hit my last tractor!!!

Impulse 2.2, I got my TAC and brought my last TG to bear. I fired it doing 12 points of damage... Sadly it was on a fresh shield.

Impulse 2.5 Brian launched a shuttle. The missile I had launched on 2.1 entered Brian's hex and I think it was facing a down shield, but it hadn't gone the four impulses yet and was not yet active.

Impulse 2.6 The missile I fired on 2.1 became active and hit his rear shield which was at full strength. It did 8 points of damage...

I launched my remaining two shuttles and then fired all of my remaining in arc PW-1 at range 3 doing a total of 19 points of damage to the shield which had been weakened by the TG earlier that turn. It did three in which did minor damage.

Impulse 2.9 Brian fired a whole bunch of phasers at my remaining Tachyon Missile and killed it.

Impulse 2.16 I desperation fired the PW-3 on two of my shuttles at Brian at range 4... Got lucky and did three into a down shield..

At this point, he was maneuvering back around and we did a lot of shuttle stuff..

Any case

2.25 Brian had maneuvered back around to range one and let go with five P1 and the gatling...

Did 50 total on the #2 shield doing 35 in. At that point my last remaining tachyon gun and last remaining tachyon missile launcher were destroyed.

I had also lost a little warp, but all of my APR and impulse power. Basically, I had a couple of phasers left.

On 2.32 he fired his last phaser 3 at me at range one doing four more into a down shield.

I conceded at that point, since I was down to three PW-1 for weapons and that was it. In addition, I was facing a mostly intact shield and he was facing a down shield. He had three P3 and one P1 that had cycled and could fire on my down shield on 3.1...

Excellent game, showing the Orion in the hands of a skilled player. With the Orion, it's all about maneuver.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Barry! Thanks for the detailed game overview.

I suspect it was problematic for the purposes of playtesting these ships that Brian's Orion got two of them. Many of these ships are likely under the general power curve, and a well flown Orion is likely to just crush a lot of them. So far, so good!

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Yes... I suspect the Maesron is a little bit on the weak side... I'm not against giving it a little bit more.

How about a C rack? That would give it the possibility of firing 2 missiles per turn, but the C rack only holds 3 missiles and runs out quick.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Barry wrote:
>>How about a C rack? That would give it the possibility of firing 2 missiles per turn, but the C rack only holds 3 missiles and runs out quick.>>

I'm gonna move this over to the Tournament Ship discussion forum!

By Matthew Potter (Neonpico) on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 02:36 am: Edit

I very much regret to say, that I may not be able to complete my three designated battles. Since signups, I have gotten myself a baby girl. As it turns out, most of my daytime hours have been swallowed up by frequent trips to town (which is 40 miles away) and most of my night-time hours have been swallowed up by a steady diet of feeding the baby and staying on top of campaigns.

If there is a replacement waiting, then I would be willing to stand aside and let them in. If not, then I will attempt to get to these battles as time permits, as unlikely as that is.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation