Archive through March 08, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: Master 2011: Archive through March 08, 2013
By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 07:42 am: Edit

Kerry! Congrats! Write up a Victory At: article for the next CL! It will be super exciting, what with all the goofy ships! I can happily hand out style/editorial advice!

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 07:46 am: Edit

Thank you very much guys for a well played game, and congratulations to both of you for making your way to the final. Apparently the ISC sucks! Who knew?

Nice work Kerry, it seems you are winning more than your fair share of these online events. Watch your back, we will all be gunning for you!

It seems that Captains Log will be wanting your Victory article, unless bakija is whistling dixie, which he doesn't do that much I don't think.

Masters 2011: Done! Till next year! Or ...later this year maybe!

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:09 am: Edit

See you all at World League!

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:37 am: Edit

Well, they certainly need another Victory At article for the upcoming issue. And I bowed out of doing one for the charity tournament, on the grounds that that would be three issues in a row with a Gorn related Victory At article. And suggested that this one might be fun. So I'm trying to encourage one to get written :-)

By David Zimdars (Zimdarsdavid) on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 01:38 pm: Edit

The ISC v. ISC was a fascinating game, an I regret I had to step away early turn 4. Up until that point there had been no internals; and it was fascinating how symmetrical it had been.

Kerry's (Nomad) use of fastloads was interesting. Consider that for several turns they were at range 5, in which case there is not much difference between a standard G or F torp. As Steve's (Moose) envelopers were weaseled anyway, there wasn't much advantage at that moment to a G over an F. So fastloading got Kerry the ability for a torp or two a turn earlier than Steve.

IIRC Steve could have gone -10 the first few impulses of the turn 4 and put the fastload torp down to 15 vs. 20; I don't recall if -9 would have been possible (go to -4 on impulse 8).

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Hey...do I needs to do anything to get this Masters 2011 Tourney mentioned in the next CL...or is it too late already?

By Kerry E Mullan (Nomad17) on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:44 pm: Edit

As well do I just send any article to a Steve, or Jean? As well do they want such an article?

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 08:58 am: Edit

If you build it they will come.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 09:01 am: Edit

I'll send an e-mail.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:07 am: Edit

Kerry,

I'd suggest sending it to SVC. I don't know specifically that they want said article, but I know that they wanted Victory At article for the next CL, and I suggested this one. You lose nothing by sending it in. And if they like it, it seems reasonable that they'd use it.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 12:48 pm: Edit

E- mail sent. Answer received. Kerry, send your article to Steve Petrick.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Just checking in--Kerry, did you ever send in a Victory article?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 06:43 pm: Edit

I just sent his victory article to Jean.

By Peter D Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 10:46 am: Edit

Excellent. Thanks! Looking forward to it.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 09:16 am: Edit

Are we thinking about Masters 2013 yet?

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 10:16 am: Edit

I will take the deafening silence as a no for now and check again in a couple months..

By Paul Scott (The_Rock) on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 01:38 pm: Edit

In my case, it was because I had not checked the boards. I love masters. looking forward to it.

By David Zimdars (Zimdarsdavid) on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 01:46 pm: Edit

Sign me up!

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Me too

By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 02:59 am: Edit

I would love to play.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Let's get it going!

By Mike Kenyon (Mikek) on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 01:07 pm: Edit

I'd be up.

By Jon Taylor (Vendetta) on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 05:30 pm: Edit

Bring it.

By Andrew J. Koch (Droid) on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Let's see how RAT40 fills out first. No sense in starting Masters if we cant fill out 32 for a RAT.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 11:04 am: Edit

Do you guys want a topic for Masters 2013? I'd like to publicize it in Hailing Frequencies and really get it talked up on our page on FB, too. This always seems to be a tournament that people enjoy.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation