Archive through July 04, 2014

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 04, 2014
By Josh Driscol (Gfb) on Friday, June 20, 2014 - 12:37 am: Edit

My game vs Neonpico's FRAX is underway.

He downed my one on the first turn doing 2 volleys of 2 damage, then ran the EPT out eventually eating it for 24. The internals were 2 warp a phaser and a hull.

Turns 2 3 and 4 the FRAX plinked at me from long range, reducing the 2 and 3 shields to 21 and 15 boxes.

The FRAX has no internals shields are 25,19,9,25,20,19.

Id say advantage FRAX when we resume.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Many thanks to Josh (blackwind) for being flexible. I've rescheduled on him twice already due to real life, and he's been very patient with me. We are currently scheduled for Sun June 29, 6 pm Eastern.

By Matthew Potter (Neonpico) on Monday, June 23, 2014 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Neonpico (FRAX) over Sir_GaiusFrackingIHaveALongNameBaltar (GRN)

I lost my log files, so y'all are going to get the general glossed-over version of the writeup.

First turn, we come at eachother, but I turned early-ish to being my weapons to bear on his #1. He launches an EPT at about range 10 and I get an alpha on his #1 for about 6 internals. He responds by needling one of my flank shields.with some phaser fire. I run out the plasma a little and take it for 24 around. He turns away and heads for the wall.

Second turn: I'm blowing hard trying to recharge all those weapons. I plot a 27/14/9 speed and he does a spritely speed 16 the whole turn. He ends up getting off the wall and slips out of the trap I might have been able to lay if I was maneuvering faster. He didn't have to launch any plasma (the other S was simply rolled that turn, rather than showing up as an EPT.) The Gorn puts some distance between us. After threatening his downed #1 long enough, I tag his #2 for a few points of disruptor damage. The pressure's off the Plasma boat.

Turn 3: I plot a 14/18 to haul myself around and get up to speed, while he does a 16/23 but added batteries to bring that to 27 to keep the pressure off. I largely catch up to him this turn. He launches an EPT on impulse 32 while I'm still 15 or so out. That will land for minimal damage in the 3rd quarter of the next turn.

Turn 4: Alot of maneuvering happened here. I plotted speed 14 and he plotted 17/20. Late in the turn, I fired a bunch of phasers (mostly downgraded to Ph-3s) at the plasma and dinged his #2 with disruptors. Otherwise, pretty serene.

Turn 5: He plots a 17/16/17 and I plot 14/27. I pressure him and he launches an EPT. I keep on him, and am rewarded by a disruptor shot on his slightly-repaired #1, netting a few internals (brcause I was caught without many disruptors charged in EA). I also spam the plasma with phasers.

Turn 6: I do a 14/20 plot and he does a speed 17, with batteries to jump to 27 pretty early. He is aiming at an oblique R8 shot to me, and I turn into him. He launches his EPT. I slip away and he turns away. When the plasma is close, I spam it with phasers and take 7 around. Then I close with earnest, since he's down to just his F's. H launches an F and I hit him with some Disrs on a flank shield. He dings a port shield with phasers on imp 32.

Turn 7: He plots speed 16, running away. I plot a 14/27/20 to throw off his rhythm. The F closes and I knock 5 off and take it on a starboard shield. He bolts the other F at me and adds some phasers, penetrating a shield for his first internals of the game, and does 18 in. He hits a disruptor, a drone rack, a couple ph-3s, and a handful of power. We end the turn at range 4 split between shields and some shiny-new shuttles of his on the board and a freshly-launched heavy drone of mine.

Turn 8: We both plot 0. He launches a fake S early. He tractors the drone and I drop tracking to launch a weasel. He pops a couple more shuttles. When the first group of shuttles get to range 1 of a down shield of mine, they fire through the weasel's shift to tag me for 3 internals (nothing important). He then knocks it into reverse and lines up for a range-2 shot. I eventually turn on AFC and void the weasel. The impulse before the AFC comes live, he fires all his facing phasers and I fire an overloaded disruptor (under passive, for me). He does 2 internals and I see 8 reinforcement on the facing shield. The next impulse, I launch another heavy drone and give him my alpha, doing 37 internals. four impulses later, the Heavy drone hits him on the same shield since he had fired all those facing phasers earlier in the turn, doing another 24 internals.

At this point, he's down to about half his warp, about 1/3 his phasers, and no F-torps. I am missing half my disruptors, none of my Ph-1s, and about 1/4 my power. His shuttles were all out, and I still had a pair of weasels in the bays but was out of drones. My shields were weaker overall, but with the power advantage I could pick the shields. He conceeded here.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Monday, June 23, 2014 - 09:39 pm: Edit

Thanks for the update! I think the pool page is currently up to date, but if someone looks and sees that it is missing a result of theirs (make sure to refresh firstů), let me know.

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Monday, June 23, 2014 - 10:02 pm: Edit

Romwe vs. Spartan got started, and through 2 turns. To be continued next Monday 8E/5P.

By David Cheng (Davec) on Monday, June 23, 2014 - 11:40 pm: Edit

Peons of Death vs The Council of Three Nations

Kingzilla (Romulan FireHawk) vs DaveC (Hydran)

We are also through two turns.
To be continued Wed, July 2nd, 9pm EDT.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 08:44 pm: Edit

Congrats to G_SFB over OS tonight! I conceded on T5 after my 2nd completed repair was illegal (still not sure what happened there, but it was). Josh played a tenacious game even after missing 2 bolts on T1 0/2. Just goes to show ya, don't let the web make you do strange things and you'll be OK...

GL with the remainder of the tourney Josh.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Pool updated.

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Friday, June 27, 2014 - 10:33 pm: Edit

lord goofy defeats krieg (team BST)

By Paul Scott (The_Rock) on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 09:32 pm: Edit

CrashandBurn and I got through 5 turns today. It was a pick-up unscheduled and I had to book with the kids waking, so we have not scheduled our follow-up

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10:09 pm: Edit

captainron over Neonpico

Turn 1: Frax plots 14/20 with 4 OLs. Shark 14/13/26 With a 12 point brick on #6. We each launch drones midturn. Reach R8 on imps 32. Hot dice for Frax 4 for 4 OLs and 17 from 8 p-1s. #6 holds at 1 box. No return fire.

Turn 2: Frax plots 27/20 (22 moves) rearms phasers and 1 standard. Still holding 2 SS. Shark 24/23 plot (24 moves) Holding 2 SS and 8 point brick on #1. at R2 I lab his drones finding they are targeted on my drones. I kill them with 3 p-3s before they reach their targets. I force Matt against the wall, he launches 2 drones and turns in to fight. He fires 1 p-1 at r4 finding 3 points reinforcement. We reach R1 My #1 to his #6 and all hell breaks loose. I launch 3 drones and we each launch 2 shuttles. I fire 7 p-1s and 2 p-3s at him. Rolling 3,4,4,5,5,6,6 for 29 plus 8 from p-3s. Matt fires 3 standards and 7 p-1s. Hitting with all disr and rolling 1,1,1,2,2,5,5 for 61 total points. He kills 1 light drone with p-3 but only hurts the 2 heavies. I put 3 bats in shield and take 23 in.
Next imps we both move. He slips to avoid my drones and shuttles. I turn and take 24 from his drones on my #3. Nobody moves for an imps. Matt tractors 1 of the heavies. I launch the 2 real SS,s.

Next imps Matt has to go straight. Getting hit by 3 turn 1 drones, 2 SS,s and 1 heavy drone for 72 int.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 09:46 am: Edit

Pool updated.

By Paul Scott (The_Rock) on Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 01:14 pm: Edit

The_Rock over CrashandBurn. (he is emailing, Peter).

Essentially a bunch of circling with him smashing down half my shields (I was mostly putting a ton in tractor instead of bricking, but when I did have a little brick he fired at a different shield anyway). I focused on his #4. Doing internals on my second shot. He parked; I launched plasma and left (he WW). When he got up to speed again, I started doubling and engaging again and on T6 I forced him to let me do a lot of internals through the #4 or HET. He failed his roll.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 01:18 pm: Edit

Got it.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Monday, June 30, 2014 - 08:02 am: Edit

Devil and I should be fighting in an hour.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 10:51 am: Edit

Devil (WBS bb) over Duke (LDR)
Turn 1
Devil comes out at 20, stepping down to 14 on 4 and 9 on 14. I run at 21 until 25 when I accelerate to 31. On 25 I hail the enemy vessel with standards to no effect and turn off. He accelerates to 14 and returns fire hitting with 2/4 then launching drones.
Turn 2
He plots 14 all turn and I move 15 until accelerating to 28 on i21. I try to pick off the drones but wind up turning off to avoid overload range. The fx disrupters do nothing. On 32 he shoots back hitting with 3/4.
Turn 3
He holds 14 and I resume 15. I gatling the drones. He accelerate to 20 for a quarter turn. I speed off at 28. We swap half-volleys of disrupters. On 20 he shoots 2 overloads and 4 p1s for half my #5. I HET at him and raise ESGs. He launches drones and turns off. I juke the drones and get ready to overrun him with radius zero ESGs. He tractors me. Both heavies and two standard drones hit the ESGs along with two shuttles. On 28 I knock down his #4 with 6 p-1 but 4 internals don't hit a tractor. On 29 3 gatling bursts get the first tractor and the 2 360 p-1. On 30 I drop my #2 shield to H&R the other tractor but it is guarded. I do get one of the empty shuttle bays. My last gatling burst does hit the tractor. On 31 I slip in and do 8 internals. I'd love to launch suicide shuttles but I can't compel his move on 32.
Turn 4
We stop two hexes apart, outside each others FA. He tacs to face me and I wait for my damaged #2 shield to come back up. I launch two shuttles to draw fire and he throws it into reverse. I tac around and accelerate after him. His fire drops my #2 again and does 22 in 3 volleys. I'm losing phasers. His #1 holds at 8. He launches 2 more shuttles which I somehow let onto a down shield for 5 more in. I'm planning on feeding him the suicide shuttles at range zero but his acceleration to -9 keeps him at range 1 until the end of the turn. I gatling down his i30 drone launch and fire the other gatling into his nicked #6 on i32.
Turn 5
We are stopped at range 1 my 13 box #1 facing his 9 box #6. I launch a ww to buy time for my gatlings to cycle. He hits with 3/4 overloads and does well enough with the phasers that I should have conceded right then. My gatlings recycle to shoot his shuttles and launched drones, but I can't get a ss to hit until i11 when he has a fresh shield.
Turn 6
My gatling misses both drones, but my ship explodes before the drones get to me.

Well played, sir.

By Andrew J Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 11:11 am: Edit

Yeah Chris that Shark eats frigates for lunch.

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 12:11 pm: Edit

It's a converted DD.

By Seth Shimansky (Kingzilla) on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 08:39 pm: Edit

Peons of Death vs The Council of Three Nations

Kingzilla (Romulan FireHawk) vs DaveC (Hydran)

DaveC out played me like a champ & also I over spent energy threw dead Bats. I concede. Thank you for a great game

By Josh Saxton (Blackwind) on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Old School over Blackwind in 5 turns, I was plinking him for the most of the game, then I emptied my 8 phaser-1's and 2 overload disruptors at R5(he just turned) on turn 3 netting only 6 internals. Ken het's as I slow down to speed 14 and he speeds up to speed 28 and blasts me at R1 doing 40 or internals, I attempted to put up the good fight and wait for a shot on his weak #3 but he blasts me again destroying most of my phasers, I conceded when I realize I'll never get that perfect shot.

Ken played a great game and I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope to play you again sir, perhaps when you've had a few more beers in ya.

That's it for my WL games, hopefully school won't be so bad in the fall and I get another shot at Ken and/or Peter in the next Rat. Good luck to everyone else in their future games.

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Josh - thanks for the well-played game, very close!! I am promising we'll meet again before long! I also enjoyed our game. Cheers, Ken.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 11:58 pm: Edit

Laszlo (KLI) vs. Droid (WAX-11g1) got through 2 turns.

Turn 1, he corner dodges, and I discharge OLs.

Turn 2, we go to range 2, me with my SP and him with rack launches from last turn and this one. My ADD hits pretty well. Our drones target other drones. At one point, I target a drone on his drone that was targeting my drone. (I believe both drones hit my drone. Oh, well.) When the debris clears, he is down a shield and 14 ints (3 warp, 2 p3). My #6 is at 3 boxes. He turns off and I circle around.

To be continued on Monday.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 08:25 am: Edit

Josh/Blackwind wins tha alactiry award, for getting all of his games done first! (Before the judge/organizer even got one in :-)

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Josh,

Good showing on your 1st WL. Proud to have you on our team. If Clayton and I can do our part you may have more WL games yet this year.

By Josh Saxton (Blackwind) on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 09:02 pm: Edit

Thanks Ron, well fingers crossed bud.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation