Archive through July 19, 2014

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Star Fleet Battles: Star Fleet Battles Online: Tournaments: SFBOL World League 2: Archive through July 19, 2014
By Seth Shimansky (Kingzilla) on Saturday, July 05, 2014 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Peons of Death vs Two Red-Shirted Knights and
the Other Kirk

Kingzilla (Romulan FireHawk) vs Sir_Krotar GBS (bb)

The only time I felt like I was in control of the game was T1 when Sir Krotar was running from Plasma. T2 on Sir Krotar out played me & made this Rom run home. I lost T7 from one to many internals. Thank you for the game.

By Ken Rotar (Sir_Krotar) on Saturday, July 05, 2014 - 08:35 pm: Edit

It was a well fought, enjoyable game. Thanks Seth. Seth played well, but I outguessed him on two of the later turns. Also, my first volley of 5 damage took out a plasma and three phasers, which did not help him much.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 09:48 am: Edit

I think I got the pool chart updated. Please check and see if your games have been reported (if you have reported some games).

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 06:04 pm: Edit

BS (KLI) vs Old_School (ATC)
Thu Jul 10, 7 pm Eastern
This is a rematch of the 2009 Gold Hat final, won by Bill

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 08:00 pm: Edit

Romwe(Hyd) over Spartan(ISC)

Lots of running and chasing, with the Hydran taking significant shield damage from the sinks being tossed out the port holes. The #1 held just long enough to get the overrun on turn 4, doing 61 ints. The game ended when the Hydran's admin shuttle did 4 pts through the down shield killing 2 warp, a phaser, and the PPD. Geoff had a speed change plotted in reverse that would have given him the PPD shot at the end of the turn. Once it was killed he conceded, having only 3p1's and 2p3's left.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 02:39 am: Edit

Laszlo (KLI) vs. Grim (LDR) got through 2 turns.

Turn 1, I launch SP, he raises ESGs late. We hit range 7 on 1.32. I fire 4xOL, 5xp1, and find a brick. He does not fire.

Turn 2, I park, and he comes in. I launch shuttles. My SP drones and two shuttles hit his ESGs. He centerlines me at range 2 before my weapons cycle, finding my brick, but doing 23 internals anyway (disruptor, p3s, some power). He turns off. I launch two fast drones, and tac to face him, but he labs the dogfight drone, which is a bummer because I was counting on him using defenses on it. He shoots me, doing another 5, a p1 and more power. I shoot him with OLs and all remaining phasers, doing 24 in. He uses a SS on one real drone, and tractors the other one. One of his shuttles (which my remaining shuttle failed to cripple) gets on my #6 and does another 4 its.

Impulse 32, one of his shuttles hits my #1 - a suicide shuttle. However, looking at the records for the turn, this shuttle changed speed during the turn, so we will need to correct that situation.

We tentatively plan to continue next Tuesday.

By Brendan Lally (Tartan_Army) on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Tartan-Army over Crash. HYD over WYN Aux. Close fought battle. crash unfortunately had two bad SS launches toward the end that cost him the game.

Lots of bad dice followed by fantastic dice on both sides.

great game with a great opponent.

thanks

By Ken Lin (Old_School) on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 07:40 pm: Edit

BS over Old_School. We exchanged at r4 on turn 1, and while we both did 54 damage, I was hoping that the exchange would come out slightly in my favor (Bill hit 4/4, I hit 2/4). Bill killed some batts, foiling my HET getaway plan, and I conceded. GG Bill!

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, July 11, 2014 - 09:13 am: Edit

Pool updated. Please check and see if you have played a game that I haven't put the results of in the chart. Thanks!

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Friday, July 11, 2014 - 02:28 pm: Edit

bakija (GRN) over Tartan_Army (HYD)

T1: I move 17/24, he moves 16/19/26. At about R12, I launch an enveloper and turn off. He thinks a bit, and shoots 2x direct fire HBs at my #5 at R10. He hits with 1, I stop all 5 damage with reinforcement. He turns off and runs, I turn up and kind of drift towards him. He launches and tractors both fighters and gatlings up the plasma some.

T2: I move 24, speeding up to 31 for the second half of the turn (using batteries). He moves 27/19/26. He runs into my left hand corner of the map, gatlinging the plasma a bit more, eventually eating it for 2 total damage. I just follow him into the corner. He lands his fighters after the fired gatlings. I speed up to 31 as he kind of turns out of the corner. I keep closing. He launches a couple shuttles as I close. Impulse 31, we end up at R2 on my #1/#6 spine and his #1/#2 spine. He is compelled forward on i32 unless he HETs. I can go forward or slip, but not turn (or HET, as I am 31). I launch 50 points of plasma facing south. He launches 2 more shuttles facing north. I kill both of his shuttles with phasers, he blasts through my #1 with 5xP1 and a gat, rolling not that hot, and doing 3 internals (all hull). Impulse 32, he HETs, north. I consider options and just go south, as do my plasmas. This puts us at R1, #3 to #3. He fires his other gatling, knocking half my #3 off.

T3: I move 0 with 20 in tractor (and 5 batteries). He moves 29/14/7/4 with 15 in tractor (and 5 batteries), but arms no weapons at all. Impulse 1, I get him with a 21 point tractor, HET the plasmas, launch a fast F. Impulse 2, the plasma hits, doing about 45 internals, followed by 4 or 5 phasers, pretty much gutting the Hydran.

A good, fun, fast game!

By Chris Proper (Duke) on Friday, July 11, 2014 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Nice job. We ain't making the finals on my record.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 09:00 am: Edit

Kill the Kzinti!

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 02:31 pm: Edit

Ok, so half way through the initial pool period, and we have 16 of 45 games done (i.e. about a 3rd). Not horrible, but let's get going! (says the judge who has only played 1 of 3. But still.)

By Stephen McCann (Moose) on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 04:33 pm: Edit

I have been a bit busy with family issues, but I promise I will pick up the pace. I will e-mail my opponents this weekend.

By Brian Evans (Romwe) on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 07:48 am: Edit

Romwe (Hyd) over ScottishEngineer (Kzi).

Hydran weasels SP and T1 drones, and weathers the T2 Kzinti overrun. Due to proximity and speed, the Kzinti mis-timed the overrun and had to shoot through the WW shift, netting only a couple ints(fus,warp). The Hydran returned fire at r2 through the #4, doing significant internals in several volleys. The Kzinti arriving a couple impulses later would have made that a much more even exchange. A fun game, as always!

By Andrew J Koch (Droid) on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 11:57 am: Edit

Andy(Laszlo KLI) over Andy(Droid 11g1Aux)
We never finished as I cant seem to find the time to play.
If I were the judge though I would adjudicate in Laszlo's favor as he came out much better than I did on the initial pass and he is gravitating to my rear. One can hardly blame him.

By Andy Vancil (Andy) on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Laszlo (KLI) over Droid (WAX-11g1). He conceded the match as he was behind and having trouble scheduling a continuation.

By Ted Fay (Catwhoeatsphoto) on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Quote:

Andy.... over Andy.... If I were the judge though I would adjudicate in Laszlo's favor as ... he is gravitating to my rear. One can hardly blame him.

o.O

By David Zimdars (Zimdarsdavid) on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Captainron (WBS B1) over AdmiralDZZI (KLI). Had an advantage until the last 2 suicide shuttles in the down shield.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 10:42 am: Edit

Ok, as of press time, the scores are:

1) Peons of Death: 14 points, 6/9
2) Bermuda: 12 points, 6/9
3) Beatalls: 11 points, 5/9
4) 420: 10 points, 4/9
5) APB: 8 points, 4/9
6) Red Shirt: 7 points, 3/9
7) Furious Three: 6 points, 4/9
7) X-Mans: 6 points, 4/9
9) Three Nations: 4 points, 2/9
10) John Paul Jons: 2 points, 2/9

That is 20 out of 45 games, so almost half done, with a little more than 3 weeks to go.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 07:52 pm: Edit

I think what turned the game in my favor was bad dice for the add. Dave fire at a R1 drone held in tractor 3 times and missed. When the SS hit, they took out the last tractor so the next imps the drone hit the same down shield.

By Barry Kirk (Barrykirk) on Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Admirl_DZZI ( Klingon ) defeats BaldnForty ( ISC ) in two turns.

By Clayton Krueger (Krieg) on Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 02:43 pm: Edit

krieg (bermuda shorts) defeats Sir GFB (red shirt) on the 6th turn in a close game that ended when Josh ran out on plasma and I was able to get in close without taking crippling internals.

By Ron Brimeyer (Captainron) on Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 03:22 pm: Edit

Good job Clayton. My game vs Peter is set for 7:30 eastern on Thursday.

By Peter Bakija (Bakija) on Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 03:23 pm: Edit

Due to forces beyond our control, V_Raptor has had to drop out of the tournament, and will be replaced by Andromedan (Paul Franz). So Moose and Neonpico have games against Andromedan, not V_Raptor. Please try and arrange those shortly.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation