Hobby Stores Carrying SFU Products

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: Hobby Stores Carrying SFU Products
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

If you spot a store that should be added to the Hobby Store List, please post as much information as you can find about the store. If a hobby store owner wants to talk to someone at ADB, Inc. about products, please Email Steve Cole with contact and other useful information. Our list of stores carrying our products is here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/storelist.shtml

Please post your updates for the store list, including stores that you find, stores that no longer stock SFU, and stores out of business. For that matter, it's also very good to report that a store on our list is still there and still stocking our products. Please provide complete address including zip code and phone number.
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:57 am: Edit

Jean, you can clear out everything above this point.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 08:52 am: Edit

There is a question outstanding about where Just for Fun in Peoria moved.

By Gary Plana (Garyplana) on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 03:22 pm: Edit

They're on the internet: http://www.justforfungames.net

Someone local should verify this! :)

By Ed Meister (Centaurus) on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 10:53 am: Edit

The address is:
3010 North Sterling Avenue, Peoria, IL
(309) 686-7720

I went there myself the other day and it is alive and well. I hadn't heard that they moved and assumed they went under. Sorry for the mix up.

By Gary Plana (Garyplana) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 08:55 pm: Edit

Two dead stores to report: :(

COLPAR Hobbies at two locations: one in Aurora, CO and the other in Lakewood, CO.

They've become franchisee's of the HobbyTown Company and no longer carry boardgames etc, just RC & Model stuff, all the ADB games/etc were remaindered out when they moved to different locations.

By Phil Shanton (Mxslade) on Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 11:07 pm: Edit

you might want to delete this store as it is closing:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/11/nicholas-yutko-of-dreamscape-comics-passes/

Too bad Nick was a great guy, too bad he didn't have a business plan.

By craig grinnell (Mauler) on Friday, March 22, 2013 - 03:55 pm: Edit

You can probably dump "Just for Fun" in Peoria, IL
They exist, but don't have any ADB products.

Bummer

By Eamon M. Wentzel (Fenris) on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 10:21 pm: Edit

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 01:03 am: Edit

To be listed here, the store must have our games in stock.

ANY store will order it for you.

By Patrick Sledge (Decius) on Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Epic Loot Games and Comics
9130 Dayton-Lebanon Pike
Centerville, OH 45458
937-436-7305

http://epiclootgames.com/

Store has in-stock several Captain's Logs, as well as multiple SFB, ACTA, and FC products.

By Koen van der Pasch (Croga) on Monday, July 22, 2013 - 04:35 pm: Edit

We're trying to get our local gamesstore to stock SFB stuff (we regularly play SFB there so it would be useful to be able to point watchers to the items on the shelves :)). We're in the Netherlands, Europe; is there a distributor around here that already carries your stuff?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 22, 2013 - 05:00 pm: Edit

Your store can get it from Esdevium but they do it by special order (rather than filling out of stock), meaning it takes a while.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 01:21 am: Edit

There's a new gaming store in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Nerdvana Games

Address: 1536 W Till Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Phone: (888) 960-6373

I'd like to do SFB/F&E demos there, but I'm not sure what the official procedure is.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 01:26 am: Edit

Well...

First, stores don't get listed in this topic unless they stock SFU products on the shelf.

Second, talk to Jean about Rangers.

Third, ask the store manager what HIS (or her) procedure is.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 02:47 am: Edit

Oh, sorry. My bad.
I haven't been there yet, so I don't know if they carry SFU products or not. There's open gaming on Wednesday nights, so I'll try to hit them up then to see if they can (or do) stock some SFU products.
(If I have to, I'll use a Jedi Mind Trick on them.)

By Alex Chobot (Alendrel) on Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Gary's Games in Seattle, WA recently closed due to retirement.

I've started talking with Card Kingdom (located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle) about hosting demos, potentially leading to carrying product.

By Jeffery Smith (Jsmith) on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 12:48 am: Edit

alex, you may have better luck with green lake games.

By Alex Chobot (Alendrel) on Friday, April 04, 2014 - 03:06 pm: Edit

I play 40K at CK pretty regularly, and at least one of the staff is pretty interested in the SFU. Plus, when it comes to space for play and demos, CK has a lot more. I like Green Lake Games, but they are really cramped.

By Xander Fulton (Dderidex) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 02:30 am: Edit

Bridgetowne Hobbies & Games in NE Portland is closing. They carry quite a range of SFU products, from SFB to F&E and Federation Commander, as well as MANY issues of captain's logs.

Currently, everything in the store is 27% off, and official close-by date is August 10 (although they plan to close whenever their inventory is run out).

By Gregory S Flusche (Vandor) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 04:46 pm: Edit

Well that blows. I will just hop on the next flight to Portland. It is only a 10 hour drive from here are are we talking west coast?

By Matthew Potter (Neonpico) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 05:17 pm: Edit

Yeah.. on the Oregon/Washington border. A mere 200 miles from my front door. If only I could convince the wife that we should go visiting our washingtonian friends this week...

By Xander Fulton (Dderidex) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 10:12 pm: Edit

It's a real loss, yeah. They started life as 'The Military Corner' - specializing in military models and the like - something like 30 or so years ago? I only started going there once they'd renamed to Bridgetowne Hobbies, and they've been carrying SFU products ever since I've seen them (more than 10 years, now).

They were actually the last game shop in town to actually STOCK SFU products - we had a few others, but even the largest of those (Rainy Day Games) has since switched the shelf space over to WH40K.

So, with Bridgetowne gone, it means nobody in PDX stocks SFU, anymore.

There are a few of us who play, though, we MAY be able to convince the largest game shop in the area (Guardian Games) to put something on the shelves, so...work in progress!

EDIT: Actually, that's worth clarifying, given the context of the list. There are several stores in the 'store list' in Oregon that DO NOT stock SFU products, although once did:

All of those are the same store, and confirmed they have no SFU product on shelves anymore

As noted, they do still have SFU product on the shelves TODAY...but are going out of business, and will not for much more than a week or so

By Ryan Opel (Ryan) on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Phoenix Games in Minneapolis moved to Deephaven and no longer carries SFU.

By Mathew Tate (Tatertot18) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 09:24 am: Edit

How accurate is this? http://www.starfleetgames.com/storelist.shtml

Shows it hasn't been updated since 2012 but I notice a decent amount of activity on here.

By Randy Blair (Randyblair) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 09:56 am: Edit

DUPLICATE ENTRIES - is now Books, Comics & Things
Does NOT carry SFU products

Time Corners
5936 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
(219) 431-4999
Game Room Available
Reported by a player in 2001 46804

Georgetown
2212 Maplecrest Rd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(219) 446-0025 Fax (219) 446-0030
Reported by a player in 2001. 46815

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 10:23 am: Edit

All of the updates are in this topic so if you find a store on the list and don't see it in the topic the entry is the latest info we have.

By Mathew Tate (Tatertot18) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 10:30 am: Edit

Got it, I searched the list for my area and since there is nothing in this thread I will assume they have it until proven otherwise (with crushing disappointment.) Appreciate the quick responses from everyone on here!!

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 10:54 am: Edit

Let us know any updates!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation