Medals, Ribbons, and Honor Bars

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Medals, Ribbons, and Honor Bars
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
FAQs and similar info  16   08/10 01:44pm
Archive through February 09, 2012  25   02/27 05:16pm
Archive through July 17, 2012  25   07/17 09:53pm
Archive through January 10, 2013  25   02/27 03:31pm
Archive through May 09, 2013  25   07/07 03:26pm
Archive through March 20, 2014  25   03/21 04:18pm

The URL for the Wall of Honor is http://starfleetgames.com/ArtGallery/Wall%20of%20Honor.shtml

SVC updates these as he gets a chance.

1. If your medals aren't posted yet, give me another week or two. Lots to do.

2. If there is a typo on your medal page, tell me and I'll fix it, but probably won't post a new one until after CL41.

3. If you have a medal listed in Captain's Log which isn't on your medal page, tell me and I'll fix it, but probably won't post a new one until after CL41.

4. If you think you are due something that you obviously are (say, a five-year medal) tell me and I'll fix it, but probably won't post a new one until after CL41.

5. If you think you should have a medal or ribbon you didn't get, talk to me, but such "lost awards" have to go through a "review board" and it may or may not be possible to reconstruct if you did in fact earn one, and it might be possible to reconstruct that you did not. (For example, if you were fired from a job for cause, you don't get the medal-ribbon-bar that comes with a year's duty in that job.)

6. Lots of people get ribbons; far fewer get medals. To get a medal page posted, you need at least one medal. It can be hard to get one without being on the staff, although you can get an Order of Moderation for moderating a PBEM game and an Order of Judgement if you work for Petrick as a judge at Origins and also have other judging experience. You can also get an intelligence medal for being the FIRST to report a website which violates our copyrights.
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Updates posted today: Steve Petrick, Mike Curtis, Paul Franz, Tony el-Tomas, Chuck Strong, Sandrine Thirache, Mike Sparks.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Point of confusion: when I say I am working on the "awards for CL48" it means the "list of awards in CL48 which covers many products including CL48, such as C6 and 2500-13."

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 03:39 pm: Edit

Updated posted today: SVC, Leanna, Jean, Simone.

(Our pages were done at their normal place in order from the top of the list, not ahead of order because we're employees.)

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 03:44 pm: Edit

More updates posted today: Hantke, Knight, Brooks, West, Sprange, Riley, Opel, Moellmer.

That should be everyone with a gold, silver, or branze star.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 04:18 pm: Edit

More updates I forgot to list: Vancil, Trotman, Turner, Mathews

NOW we should have all of the bronze stars done.
It will take me two days to do the commendations.

By Mike Oliver (Mholiver) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:51 pm: Edit

SVC you traking off people on the Walls of the Honored I was on the wall I'm not now

By Thomas Mathews (Turtle) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 08:13 pm: Edit

MHO you might have gotten bumped down a page that has been updated but not posted yet.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:07 pm: Edit

I don't think I have ever deleted anyone. I think you are in the gap between the 2014 pages that end with N and the 2013 pages that start with P.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Nope, not that. I think we are missing a whole page.

Somebody email me and I will check tomorrow.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 10:50 am: Edit

Found it, there is indeed an entire missing page. My fault, I never exported it to JPG for Simone to post. She'll probably get it posted Monday.

For what it's worth, the last 5 pages are here on my desk with Jean's purple marks. I'll get them corrected and exported today. That will leave 14 pages exported to JPG but not yet sent to Simone. I have been sending her 4 a day but I may just go ahead and wrap this up.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 11:18 am: Edit

Ok, I have now sent all Wall of Honor pages to Simone.

Simone has 17 Multi-People pages she has not posted yet.

All individual pages were posted before.

Three people were moved from the multi-people pages to a special multi-people Black Fleet page in that section. Simone hasn't posted that yet.

I want to remind all honorably serving military veterans to let me know what you did so you can have the military service bar added to your wall. That is, assuming you got on the wall for some Star Fleet thing.

Everybody who has 5 or more tactical papers now has a spot on the wall. We probably won't ever add the ones with less than 5. There are too many and you gotta get five to earn a spot.

By Mike Oliver (Mholiver) on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 12:00 pm: Edit

Thanks

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Simone reports that all Wall of Honor pages have been updated and posted at this point.

If you see a mistake, contact me.

If you see someone missing, contact me.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 04:48 pm: Edit

1. If your awards aren't posted yet, talk to me. They should all be posted except ones issues since Captain's Log #48.

2. If there is a error on your medal page, tell me and I'll fix it. This includes having your name spelled a certain way (e.g., Steve and Stephen are the same guy but one is the preferred name for each individual Steve).

3. If you have a medal listed in Captain's Log which isn't on your medal page, tell me and I'll fix it.

4. If you think you are due something that you obviously are (say, a five-year medal) tell me and I'll fix it.

5. If you think you deserve something you were not awarded let me know and I'll send it to the Medal Review Board.

By Garth L. Getgen (Sgt_G) on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 06:02 pm: Edit

Any chance, on the next update, I can have my middle initial back, please?

Garth L. Getgen

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 09:16 pm: Edit

Only if it doesn't take more space. In your case with your own page, no problem.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Garth, L added, but I cannot find a page back to the first ones ever done that had an L in it. So as for getting it "back" that implies it was once there and was taken away and it was not.

By Garth L. Getgen (Sgt_G) on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Sorry, I thought it was there once. My bad.

Garth L. Getgen

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:38 pm: Edit

Nothing bad. I just don't want people thinking I would do that.

By Sean Johnson (Seanxor) on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:00 pm: Edit

For what it is worth, my name is spelled wrong on the wall of honor. It is Sean not Shawn.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 01:23 pm: Edit

AWARDS LIST: If you think someone (even yourself) is due an award, email me (do not post it here). Remember that the #1 person responsible for you getting all the awards you have earned is YOU. We do the best we can but we always forget somebody and have to add him in the next issue. Help us eliminate this system failure.

By Daniel Glenn Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 08:53 pm: Edit

Question on Awards. What must one do to receive a weapons badge?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 11:36 pm: Edit

Well, be in Amarillo....
Petrick personally administers the tests.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation