Archive through February 15, 2012

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through February 15, 2012
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:47 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 21 Jan (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 41F. clouds to north.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Pachycephalosaur tooth from Mexico. BBS: 38. Forum: 10. Out box: 40. APOD: stupid waste of time. Jigsawdoku 2:24. Web crawl completed at 4:29. Lunch: Golden Coral (we give it a try once a year).
Email: Overnight spam 106 plus 42 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 253.
SPP work: T2012, CL45.
SVC work: I spent two hours on Project E because Mongoose wanted to read the current draft (even if it is only 10% finished). Worked on second draft of T. Did the THIS WEEK blog.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:48 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 22 Jan (Sunday) 2012
Got to the office at 4pm. Weather: 51F, lots of wind. I came in to get some work done since I donít know what tomorrowís jury summons will amount to (maybe nothing).
Daily Routine: BBS: 25. Forum: 9. Out box: 44. APOD: Saturn. Lunch: Leanna cooked pork chops. Starlist some spam robot. Sent to Joel: cap guide and wallpaper. Exercise: I took Ramses and Isis for a walk but they did not like the high winds.
Email: Overnight spam 111 plus 21 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 256.
Primary work: Updated the DOING A DEAL WITH ADB document and sent it to two companies that want to make deals. One of them said they were going to do their trek product without any deal from ADB or Paramount. Rots of ruck with that one.

MY DAY: 23 Jan (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 1pm after getting out of jury duty (when I really wanted to be on THAT jury). Weather: 54F, windy.
Daily Routine: BBS: 28. Forum: 11. Out box: 41. APOD: pretty skyline, not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:56. Web crawl done at 5pm. Lunch: Dyerís BBQ. Read FYEO for 21-22-23 Jan.
Email: Overnight spam 148 plus 45 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 256.
Marketing Monday: alert not sent (no Jean report).
SPP work: CL45 battle groups, Module T2012.
SVC work: I fixed typos on T2, worked on project E, and went home at 6pm (tired from getting up early for court).

MY DAY: 24 Jan (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 38F, cloudy. It has now been 1000 days since the Senate passed a budget.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: feather stiffness. BBS: 24. Forum: 7. Out box: 42. APOD: spectacular aurora. Jigsawdoku 2:29. Web crawl completed at 10:40. Lunch: Furrís (roast beef). Sent to Joel: wall updates. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 104 plus 117 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 264.
2PM Staff Meeting: SVC is again ordered to stop working on T and work on Marines and CL44SUP. Weíre uploading CL19 to e23. R107 is ready (but weíre doing one a week). Petrick working on Module T2012 and on battlegroups for CL45 and doing things for CL44SUP. Leanna working on orders, accounting up to date. Mike working on orders and inventory. Joel is going to try a larger wall of honor file and see if itís easier to read. Jean needs to send in her CL44SUP notes, her report on the overdue alert, and the Vudar card pack.
SPP work: Worked on battle groups, playtested, orders.
SVC work: Spent an hour on project E. Updated multi-person pages #6-#10. Worked on more blogs for Jeanís file. Worked on CL44SUP (Jeanís article). Jean called in report on alert (send that to Mike to go out tomorrow), on the Vudar Pack (except that she kicked out the scenario and sent me scurrying to find a new one). Playtested Marines with Petrick.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:49 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 25 Jan (Wednesday) 2012
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 41F and cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Archaeopteryx had black feathers. BBS: 22. Forum: 8. Out box: 41. APOD: Opportunity rover. Jigsawdoku 2:32. Web crawl completed at 1:37. Lunch: Long John Silverís. Sent to Joel: ships, wall updates. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 175 plus 59 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 259.
Customer Request Wednesday: Jean wanted three Wall pages updated with needless fixes (grrr).
SPP work: Worked on T-2012.
SVC work: Did five more multi-person pages. Wrote an origins of words blog for Jean. Drafted the letter to deal with the termite problem in the rented warehouse.

MY DAY: 26 Jan (Thursday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:35am. Weather: 42F and clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: New Proterochampsa specimen from Late Triassic Argentina. BBS: 18. Forum: 9. Out box: 38. APOD: dwarf galaxy 4449. Jigsawdoku 2:26. Ann Coulter: why Newt is bad. Web crawl completed at 11:00. Lunch: grilled chicken, fruit, and salad. Starlist 80012. Sent to Joel: 5 more multi-person pages, 4 large format replacement pages. Read FYEO for today.
Joel posted a G1 PF ship card to the commanderís circle.
Email: Overnight spam 88 plus 115 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 262.
SPP work: Revised T2012. Edited Battlegroups.
SVC work: Did the next five multi-person pages for the wall of honor. Replaced four individual pages with the larger format. Did the new ship for Comm 74 and gave it to Petrick, got his report, fixed it, and sent the SQ version of the card to Jean and Mike W. Did a little work on Project E. Got Leannaís report on Project T and she thinks the cat should be able to win. Reviewed and rejected a proposal to change every drone ship in the entire game to have 33% more drone racks.

MY DAY: 27 Jan (Friday) 2012
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 50F, clouds to north.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Arctic dinosaurs. BBS: 23. Forum: 17. Out box: 38. APOD: merging galaxies with supernova. Jigsawdoku 2:35. Web crawl completed at 11am. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Sent to Joel: pirates, battleship. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: tried, but it had gotten too cold and windy.
Email: Overnight spam 118 plus 105 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 251. We are getting a lot of spam robot BBS sign ups with phony gmail accounts.
Business Friday: Note to a company about train games.
SPP work: CL45 battlegroups, CL44 SUP.
SVC work: I finished 30 pages of the CL44 supplemental file and gave them to Petrick to read. (I lack ship cards which havenít been done yet, but Iím working on those.) When he gave them back I fixed his glitches and sent them to Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:50 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 28 Jan (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:15. Weather: 32F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Alvarezsauroid. BBS: 27. Forum: 7. Out box: 35. APOD: waste of time. Jigsawdoku 2:33. Web crawl completed at 10:20. Lunch: pizza. Sent to Joel: 5 large format pages. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 105 plus 115 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 252.
SPP: Took the day off to run errands.
SVC work: did five more multi-person pages (up to Purvis). Did five more large format medal page replacements. Sent a note to my old engineering mentor. Updated the rules for project T and sent the new draft to Jean. Worked on E for an hour. Worked on CL45, Marines, and other projects Added a few thoughts to the next random blog. I did this THIS WEEK blog. I worked past midnight and went home to crash.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:53 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 29 Jan (Sunday) 2012
I stayed home all day to rest, and watched all ten episodes of season 4 of Tudors. Leanna cooked an excellent turkey dinner, just like Christmas. I took Ramses rabbit hunting (60F, not much wind, cloudy) and got totally exhausted by half an hour of following him around the bunny thicket. APOD: a hole in the sky (Barnard 68 molecular cloud).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:38 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 30 Jan (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 51F and cloud.
We have ten items on e23 with 100+ downloads.
Daily Routine: BBS: 33. Forum: 14. Out box: 35. APOD: Not really astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:33. Web crawl completed at 2:13. Lunch: the best BBQ that Country Barn ever served. Sent to Joel: DNL pics, lots of pirates. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Industry mailing lists: major pirate site found, including books from every company in the wargame industry, every book publisher, (and Paramount).
Email: Overnight spam 220 plus 102 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 253.
Marketing Monday: Unable to do alert because Marines cover cannot be used.
SPP work: He was sick and I ordered him to go home.
SVC work: Sent six DNL photos to BBS, FB, and website. Update 5 more multi-person pages for the Wall of Honor. Replaced five pages with larger format. Formatted the Vudar scenario Terry OC sent. Updated Romulan SIT. Jean called in some reports on the CL44 Supplemental File. Worked to 11pm.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:39 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 31 Jan (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:25. Weather: 50F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Largocephalosaurus, new Triassic marine reptile (Sauropterygia) from China. BBS: 18. Forum: 6. Out box: 35. APOD: helix nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:47. Web crawl completed at 11:04. Lunch: Dyerís BBQ. Sent to Joel: 7 multi-person pages, 5 larger format pages for WoH. Read FYEO for today. Industry mailing lists: the industry is doomed (no, it isnít; yes, it is, really!).
Email: Overnight spam 87 plus 90 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 256.
New on e23: Searchable PDF version of CL#1.
2PM Staff Meeting: SVC to finish CL44SF. Marines being delayed due to art problem. Petrick working on T2012 and CL45. Leanna is gathering up research stuff Matthew wants. Mike has orders up to date. Joel is working on a project Jean assigned. Jean is (or better be) working on Traveller not just uploading stuff to FB. R107 will be sent to e23 when we have the cover sorted out. Working to get Vudar pack and CL20 and RPG Intro ready. Star Fleet Times under control and first pack went to e23 today.
SPP work: T2012 and CL45.
SVC work: Updated the final 7 multi-person pages for the wall of honor. Reviewed the first Lyran ship from Mongoose.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:39 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 1 Feb (Wednesday) 2012
Got to the office at 12:30 after taking business classes with Leanna. Weather: 54F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Neoplateosaurus. BBS: 27. Forum: 12. Out box: 36. APOD: boring. Web crawl completed at 2:19. Lunch: steak at Williís. Sent to Joel: ads Jean wanted; more wall pages. Read FYEO for today. Industry mailing lists: Barnes & Noble drops Amazon. Jigsawdoku 3:00.
Email: Overnight spam 183 plus 91 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 260.
Customer Request Wednesday: Updates to Wall of Honor requested by various people for various reasons.
SPP work: CL45 SFB battle Groups.
SVC work: did the fleet scale Hydran BT and the Squadron scale Gorn BT. Worked with Joel on ad pages for Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 04:20 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 2 Feb (Thursday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 41F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Enantiornithine Bird from Argentina. BBS: 31. Forum: 7. Out box: 38. APOD: stupid waste of time. Jigsawdoku 2:33. Ann Coulter: Romneycare. Web crawl completed at 10:32. Lunch: chick-fil-a. Sent to Joel: 5 large format medal pages. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 141 plus 110 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 253.
SPP work: CL45 battle groups.
SVC work: Did the other ship card and finished the CL44 Supplemental File and sent it to Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 04:20 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 3 Feb (Friday) 2012
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 41F and cloudy. It rained last night, a rare phenomenon in these parts of late.
New on e23: Star Fleet Times issue 1-5 pack.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: maniraptorans. BBS: 20. Forum: 7. Out box: 37. APOD: Eagle nebula. Web crawl completed at 12:15. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Sent to Joel: 5 large-format medal pages. Read FYEO for today. Starlist 20678.
Email: Overnight spam 160 plus 134 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 249.
Business Friday: Admin memos with Mongoose.
SVC work: Worked on T (when I shouldnít have, but I had an itch to do something colorful). Sifted through two boxes of old JagdPanther stuff and think I found most of JGP#1; gave that to Joel to scan and put on e23. I wrote a special introduction to the upload and sent that to Jean to proofread. The marketing department didnít like my selection for the next fiction story to be serialized in HF and had me go back to CL30 to get another one.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 04:21 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 4 Feb (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 38F, cloudy.
New on e23: Module R107 Nicozians.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Mollesaurus. BBS: 31. Forum: 9. Out box: 37. APOD: comet with fan tail. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: enchiladas. Sent to Joel: 5 large format medal pages. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 111 plus 40 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 247.
SVC work: Jean called in reports on JagdPanther #1 and CL44 Supplemental File. Major discussions with Mongoose on production issues. Did the THIS WEEK file.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 08:44 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 5 Feb (Superbowl Sunday) 2012
Got to the office at 3:15. Weather: 41F, partly cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Saurolophus skin impressions. BBS: 28. Forum: 6. Out box: 37. APOD: moon video. Web crawl completed at 3:39. Lunch: Leanna cooked. Sent to Joel: 5 large format pages. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 126 plus 21 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 256.
SVC work: Jean called in her final reports so the CL44 Supplemental File is finished and ready for upload to e23. Discussed with Jean setting up a conventions and demos section for Hailing Frequencies and she started sending emails. I did not watch a single second of the game.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 08:44 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 6 Jan (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 34F, choppy clouds.
Daily Routine: BBS: 22. Forum: 4. Out box: 39. APOD: Orion nebula. Web crawl completed at 1:31. Lunch: Country Barn. Sent to Joel: 4 pirates. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 124 plus 71 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 258.
Marketing Monday: Worked on an alert and on a press release.
SPP work: R107 after action. FC Battlegroups finished.
SVC work: Leanna found some parts we need to playtest T. I wrote the description so CL44SF can be uploaded. I finished the second and third panel for T. Had a tooth fixed at the dentist.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 08:45 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 7 Jan (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:50. Weather: 31F, light snow, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Jurassic marine crocodiles. BBS: 21. Forum: 12. Out box: 34. APOD: stupid, not astronomy. Web crawl completed at 1:45pm. Lunch: burger at Chiliís. Sent to Joel: B10 pictures, xander art. Read FYEO for (didnít get there).
Email: Overnight spam 91 plus 110 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 256.
2PM Staff Meeting: SVC has finished CL44SUP and needs to do HF74 (and quit working on T!). SPP is working on CL45 and T2012. Leanna is keeping orders up to date. Mike has the inventory stocked. Joel is updating the website. Jean had better be working on traveller. Mongoose is considering alternate plans for 2500 production. We laid out the game boards for T and set up the game for the first time. It was quite impressive, even in prototype stage.
SPP work: R107 After action, checked orders.
SVC work: I did the final tweak to the CL44SUP and Leanna sent it to E23. I worked mostly on Comm74 (sent 95% of it to Jean and MW) but I did do some work on T.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 06:57 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 8 Feb (Wednesday) 2012
Got to the office at 12:15. Weather: 30F, clouds to north.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Cryonectes, new pliosaurid plesiosaur from Early Jurassic of France. BBS: 23. Forum: 12. Out box: 36. APOD: Enceladus. Jigsawdoku 3:07. Web crawl completed at 1:47. Lunch: Arbyís. Sent to Joel: 25 large format wall updates. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Industry mailing lists: Using other peopleís products in your publicity photos (e.g., minis on terrain).
Email: Overnight spam 201 plus 77 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 255.
New on e23: JagdPanther #1.
Customer Request Wednesday: Jean wanted me to shuffle some out of order WoH people in C but that (by dumb luck) meant change every page to McD and I donít have time.
SPP work: Worked on battle groups, checked orders, reports on R107, worked on T2012.
SVC work: Did 25 large format page for wall of honor. Finished Comm 74. Got Jeanís reports on Comm 74. Worked on E and T.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 07:58 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 Feb (Thursday) 2012
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 32F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: New Specimens of oviraptorid Nemegtomaia from Mongolia. BBS: 19. Forum: 16. Out box: 38. APOD: aurora. Jigsawdoku 2:26. Ann Coulter: rich politicians. Web crawl completed at 1o:30. Lunch: Cattle Call. Sent to Joel: JgP2. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 117 plus 161 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 256.
SPP work: Monster article.
SVC work: Got JagdPanther #2 ready for Joel to scan and sent a product description to Jean. Joel uploaded the last of the large format pages for the wall of honor, except for a few retired staffers (which are in another file) and Jeanís constant demands that I make minor corrections and shuffles.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 08:25 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 10 Feb (Friday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:45. Weather: 30F and clear. Greece told Germany to bail them out even if they donít change their economy because the Germans will fall if Greece does.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Pterodactylus. BBS: 17. Forum: 14. Out box: 42. APOD: star cluster. Jigsawdoku 2:36. Web crawl completed at 12:59. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Starlist 95821. Sent to Joel: comm 74. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 142 plus 145 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 255.
Business Friday: Discussed 28mm and 15mm figure minis with Mongoose.
SPP work: Released the 10th of the month blog since Jean was having a Girlsí Day Out with her mom. Monster article.
SVC work: Finished HF and Comm74. Helped Joel set up the new JagdPanther page on the website. Helped Joel update his graduation packet. Finished review of the updated ACTASF errata sheet which isnít complete or correct just yet. Worked on Marines, E, and T.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 02:38 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 11 Feb (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 19F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Dicynodont mandible from Triassic of Germany. BBS: 18. Forum: 6. Out box: 38. APOD: worthless. Jigsawdoku 2:30. Web crawl completed at 11:17. Lunch: Pizza. Sent to Joel: 10 large format retired wall pages. Read FYEO for today. Industry mailing lists: Some scammer creating wargame books to sell by copying Wiki articles.
Email: Overnight spam 100 plus 71 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 253.
New on e23: Introduction to SFU RPGs.
SPP work: Cleared Tac Note Topic, checked errata reports for Module E3 and Module R107, Playtested Marine Assault.
SVC work: Playtested Star Fleet Marines. Worked on T, E, and CL45.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 02:40 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 12 Feb (Sunday) 2012
I woke up to snow and (after a phone call with Petrick) decided to take the day off. It was about 22F most of the day. APOD: Orion nebula. Leanna made a bit pot of chili. We watched a scifi movie (Alien Opponent) that was so incredibly bad that it was actually incredibly good (better than Killer Tomatoes 2).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 04:54 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 13 Feb (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 36F, snow melting.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Schizooura, new ornithurine bird from Cretaceous of China. BBS: 41. Forum: 16. Out box: 37. APOD: useless. Jigsawdoku 2:58. Web crawl completed at 2:13. Lunch: best ever from Country Barn. Read FYEO for yesterday and today.
Email: Overnight spam 258 plus 147 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 249.
Marketing Monday: Should have done some, but waiting on press quotes to nail down Marines price.
SPP work: CL45 tactics stuff.
SVC work: Worked on CL45, E, and T. Discussed people figures extensively with Matthew. Did the Tholian SIT update.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 04:54 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 14 Feb (Valentineís Day) 2012
Leanna and I went and had a romantic country breakfast. We got to the office at 10:45. Weather: 40F and cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Dead ichthyosaurs did not explode. BBS: 22. Forum: 8. Out box: 35. APOD: Rosette nebula. Web crawl completed at 11:24. Lunch: romantic, for two. Read FYEO for today. Industry mailing lists: Origins.
Email: Overnight spam 201 plus 93 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 248.
2PM Staff Meeting: SVC is to focus on Marines. SPP is working on T2012 and CL45. Leanna reports very strong sales for the week of 8-14 Feb (a rate that would produce a record year but we probably wonít stay at that rate). Mike reports orders up to date and restocks continuing. Joel reports that the website is up to date. Jean is working on traveller.
SPP work: Monster article for CL45.
SVC work: Called Lou Zocchi and ordered some copies of Star Fleet Battle Manual. It being Valentineís Day, I didnít do anything but the routine stuff so I could sneak out early with Leanna. We went shopping and had a special lunch.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation