Archive through July 16, 2012

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through July 16, 2012
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 07:48 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 18 June (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:25. Weather: 81F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Island-dwelling dinosaurs. BBS: 18. Forum: 2. Out box: 39. APOD: artistic but not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:29. Web crawl completed at 1pm. Lunch: BBQ at Country Barn. Starlist 98311. Sent to Joel: pirates. Read FYEO for 16-17-18.
Email: Overnight spam 114 plus 80 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 366.
Events: Got a shipment of Fed minis from Mongoose.
Marketing Monday: Updated the Text Catalog and update list, finally finishing the Marines FLAP list.
SPP work: Advanced Missions revision.
SVC work: Sent Jean two blogs for her file and wrote another one for reserve. I did page 37 of secret project E.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 09:05 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 19 June (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 79F, clear blue sky.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Jurassic dinosaurs found in Cuba. BBS: 23. Forum: 2. Out box: 39. APOD: NASA propaganda, not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:47. Web crawl completed at 2:30. Lunch: chopped steak at Dyer’s. Starlist 64040. Sent to Joel: JagdPanther stuff. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walk 7 minutes.
Email: Overnight spam 94 plus 86 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 365.
Events: Bucky Katt reports that minions of Satan are noxious things that spring from the ground and cause nothing but tears and a foul stench (like, say, onions).
2PM Staff Meeting: Cancelled, we all knew what to do.
SVC work: Reviewed first draft of ACTAJ1. I was sick almost all of the afternoon, but perked up when Joel got her and did a few things. I updated page 22 of Traveller and did all of the other traveller reports to date.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 02:37 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 20 June (Wednesday) 2012
Got to the office at 12:10. Weather: 80F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Proterochampsa. BBS: 23. Forum: 2. Out box: 34. APOD: Venus transit again. Jigsawdoku 2:43. Web crawl completed at 1:09. Lunch: turkey at PCS. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: not possible due to injury.
Email: Overnight spam 105 plus 59 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 363.
Events: Petrick’s car was damaged when some careless driver smacked into him. I sprained my ankle last night.
SVC work: I spent all afternoon helping me QC the shipment from Mongoose and piece together sets and singles. I am now qualified to tell a CS from a CA, and male from female chickens.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 02:38 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 21 June (Tobruk Day) 2012
Got to the office at 7:53am. Weather: 77F, cloudy. I tried to convince the quickie mart manager that since I was an executive and currency is a form of document that I did not have to pay for my Diet Dr Pepper. He did not agree with my interpretation.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Chaoyangia. BBS: 23. Forum: 1. Out box: 36. APOD: ring nebula 134. Jigsawdoku 2:18. Ann Coulter: bizarre legislator. Web crawl completed at 9:15am. Lunch: prime rib at Salt Grass. Sent to Joel: pirates. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: shopping for patio furniture.
Email: Overnight spam 60 plus 117 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 360.
SPP work: Spent the day in a black hole of depression.
SVC work: Leanna and I went shopping for new patio furniture. I did do the reports on ACTA Journal #1, which is going to be pretty neat. I helped somebody find cards that he could not locate and discovered some web pages that need updating.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 02:38 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 22 June (Barbarossa Day) 2012
Got to the office at 10:45. Weather: 79F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Stegosaur jaws. BBS: 27. Forum: 4. Out box: 37. APOD: dwarf galaxy 2574. Jigsawdoku 2:43. Web crawl completed at 1:40. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Starlist 37221. Sent to Joel: updates to FC ship card lists. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 95 plus 50 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 358.
SPP work: Conferred with SVC on CL45 fiction. Worked on Advanced missions update.
SVC work: Got some gorgeous art from an artist who got the form letter and sent "speculative examples" but he didn’t actually read the instruction and three of the four were TNG, but I told him to send those to Wizkids without mentioning us. Got an email from somebody who designed a card game that might fit into the SFU. I did the final checks on CTAJ1 and sent it to Matthew to put on DriveThru. I Wrote a long reply to a guy who wants us to look at his card game, and turned it into a future blog for Jean’s stockpile. With a firm direction for the four-corners story, I wrote the Korath-vs-Kyrolian scene (and enjoyed writing it).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 02:39 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 23 June (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at 11:15. Weather: 80F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Therizinosaur track in Alaska. BBS: 25. Forum: 5. Out box: 34. APOD: northern green flash. Web crawl completed at 11:41. Lunch: breakfast at NuCastle.
Email: Overnight spam 85 plus 28 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 357.
SPP work: Worked on Advanced missions update.
SVC work: Answered some ACTASF scout questions. Wrote another two pages for the CL45 story. Did the THIS WEEK blog.

MY DAY: 24 June (Sunday) 2012
Got to the office at 6pm. Weather: 100F.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Giraffatitan. BBS: 23. Forum: 7. Out box: 33. APOD: old Apollo 17 photo. Web crawl completed at 6:51. Lunch: Leanna cooked.
Email: Overnight spam 84 plus 2 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 356.
SVC work: I just came in for an hour to clear email. I took Ramses hunting and he chased a rabbit.

MY DAY: 25 June (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 74F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: New bird Eoornithura. BBS: 22. Forum: 7. Out box: 33. APOD: pretty but useless. Jigsawdoku 2:49. Web crawl completed at 10:07. Lunch: French dip sandwhich at Malcomb’s. Read FYEO for 3 days. Exercise: walk 7 minutes in 100F.
Email: Overnight spam 67 plus 75 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 355.
2PM Staff Meeting: We moved this back to Monday. Petrick ran the meeting and we all got our assignments..
Events: Scheduled office cleaning. Weekly phone call with Matthew focused on 2500 quality control and production issues.
SVC work: Worked on Mongoose stuff most the day (scouts and the new squadron article). I did the alert for the Platinum Hat.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 06:12 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 26 June (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 90F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Cuban Jurassic. BBS: 20. Forum: 7. Out box: 35. APOD: useless. Jigsawdoku 2:29. Web crawl completed at 4:22. Lunch: Dairy Queen burgers. Sent to Joel: Fleet Captain plaque. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: too hot to do it, 102F.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 88 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 354.
New on e23: SFT-25-30.
SPP work: Worked on Advanced missions update. Finalized the R2 SSD book revision.
SVC work: Finished editing Matthew’s historical squadron article. Updated Fleet Captain plaque. Did ACTAJ scout reports and generated a revised document. Did final inspection on R2 SSD book. Worked on CL45 story until 10pm.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 06:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 27 June (Wednesday) 2012
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 90-F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Bicentenaria argentina, new Argentine theropod. BBS: 22. Forum: 13. Out box: 35. APOD: Simeius nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:20. Web crawl completed at 2:30pm. Lunch: turkey at PCS. Read FYEO for today. It was 102F and too hot to go for an exercise walk.
Email: Overnight spam 90 plus 46 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 353.
Customer Request Wednesday: I looked up some stuff for one guy, did a graphic for another, reviewed something.
SVC work: It was a short day because of business school this morning and something Leanna and I have to do tonight. After doing all of the routine stuff, I worked on the documents for a potential game-changing deal.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 11:31 am: Edit

MY DAY: 28 June (Thursday) 2012
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 89F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Triassic archosaur bipedality and cursoriality. BBS: 29. Forum: 2. Out box: 36. APOD: Alpha Centauri. Jigsawdoku 2:28. Ann Coulter: was fast & furious designed to fail and trigger new gun control laws? Web crawl completed at 11am. Lunch: Taco Villa. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: we drove to the art gallery and walked a loop which took 10 minutes.
Email: Overnight spam 75 plus 71 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 360.
Events: Supremes ruled Obamacare is legal.
SVC work: Our new bookbinder came in (replacing the one the truckline destroyed) and it has a problem (which will require us to send it back or take it completely apart). I spent a while trying to get the glue out (nope) and trying to contact the factory (who took a four-day weekend for hunting season) so the new multi-thousand-dollar machine is a paperweight until at least Monday. I worked on CL45.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 11:31 am: Edit

MY DAY: 29 June (Friday) 2012
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 72F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Tyrannosaurid dentary from Kazakhstan. BBS: 17. Forum: 6. Out box: 35. APOD: Aquila clouds. Jigsawdoku 2:30. Web crawl completed at 9:46. Lunch: BBQ at blue front. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: too hot.
Email: Overnight spam 79 plus 93 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 359.
Events: Shipment of 90 Romulan singles for 2500s.
Business Friday: I finished the NDA for secret deal S.
SVC work: I proofread AdvM-R-section, which took hours and h ours and was very tedious. (I wanted to delete the Fed F-14 but Petrick said it had to stay.) Did reports on the traveller art and sent it back to the artist for significant fixes. Did QC on Mongoose shipment (119 out of 120 were good).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 11:32 am: Edit

MY DAY: 30 June (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:45. Weather: 86F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Stegosaur tracks from Spain. BBS: 20. Forum: 7. Out box: 36. APOD: boring. Web crawl completed at 1:24. Lunch: pizza. Sent to Joel: traveller cover. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 56 plus 38 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 357.
SPP work: Shopping for a new car with Leanna.
SVC work: I did page 37 of Project E. I did the THIS WEEK blog. I did the next round of the ACTA scout rules.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 02, 2012 - 11:32 am: Edit

MY DAY: 1 July (Sunday) 2012
Got to the office at 6pm. Weather: 93F, cloudy skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Theropod teeth from Late Cretaceous of Brazil. BBS: 12. Forum: 10. Out box: 33. APOD: wasn’t working. Web crawl completed at 6:30. Lunch: Leanna cooked pork chops. Exercise: took Ramses hunting.
Email: Overnight spam 78 plus 7 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 356.
SVC work: I just came in for an hour to clear spam.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:18 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 2 July (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 80F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Triassic archosaur. BBS: 24. Forum: 4. Out box: 35. APOD: center of the galaxy. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Web crawl completed at 3:35. Lunch: Dyer’s BBQ. Sent to Joel: fix to e23 page. Read FYEO for yesterday and today.
Email: Overnight spam 73 plus 40 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 361.
SVC work: Spent way too much time on Mongoose stuff and then worked on CL45.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:18 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 3 July (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:55. Weather: 81F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Sciurimimus, the fuzzy megalosaur. BBS: 23. Forum: 7. Out box: 34. APOD: Titan and Saturn. Web crawl completed at 1pm. Lunch: Chick-fil-a. Sent to Joel: broken link fix.
Email: Overnight spam 77 plus 79 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 364.
SPP work: Driving.
SVC work: Spent virtually all of the day riding in a car to a distant car that Steve P decided not to buy.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:19 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 4 July (Independence Day) 2012
Got to the office at 1pm. Weather: 94F, clear skies.
My childhood memories of the fourth are spending an entire week building match-stick bridges, towers, and other things and then on the fourth of July very carefully placing firecrackers in just the right place to collapse the structures.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Europejara, new tapejarid pterosaur from Spain. BBS: 25. Forum: 9. Out box: 37. APOD: useless. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Web crawl completed at 5:16. Lunch: french dip at PCS. Sent to Joel: 14 pirates. Read FYEO for yesterday and today.
Email: Overnight spam 30 plus 25 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 000.
Events: Leanna uploaded the R2 SSD book to e23.
SPP work: Took the day off.
SVC work: I caught up on backlog and worked on the CL45 story, which is proving a tough nut to crack.

MY DAY: 5 July (Thursday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:40. Weather: 81F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: paleobiology. BBS: 25. Forum: 9. Out box: 37. APOD: galaxy 4565. Jigsawdoku 2:39. Ann Coulter: differences in the French and US revolutions. Web crawl completed at 1:22. Lunch: ham & eggs and PCS. Sent to Joel: stuff for Hailing Frequencies. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 64 plus 50 during the day.
SPP work: He bought another Buick very much like the one destroyed by the lady talking on her cell phone.
SVC work: I did the ships needed for communique 79.

MY DAY: 6 July (Friday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 77 on the way to 97, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Bellubrunnus, new Jurassic pterosaur from Germany. BBS: 29. Forum: 8. Out box: 33. APOD: Leo Triplet of galaxies. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: BBQ at blue front. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 63 plus 40 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 367.
SVC work: Captain’s Log #45 fiction.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:20 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 7 July (Saturday) 2012
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 83F, a few clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: nothing much. BBS: 25. Forum: 6. Out box: 33. APOD: scifi, not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:18. Web crawl completed at 2:37. Lunch: breakfast at NuCastle. Sent to Joel: documents to scan for secret deal S. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walk around block 7 minutes.
Email: Overnight spam 104 plus 26 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 365.
SPP work: Advanced Missions Revision.
SVC work: CL45 story. Did the THIS WEEK blog for Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:20 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 8 July (Sunday) 2012
Got to the office at 7pm. Weather: 88F, a few clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: English 'abelisauroid' questioned. BBS: 22. Forum: 10. Out box: 34. APOD: pretty but not astronomy. Lunch: Leanna cooked meat.
Email: Overnight spam 96 plus 3 during the day.
SVC work: I just came in for an hour to clear out spam.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:21 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 July (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 71F, cloudy, might rain.
Daily Routine: BBS: 22. Forum: 4. Out box: 33. APOD: Mars rover. Jigsawdoku 2:38. Web crawl completed at 1:17. Lunch: grilled chicken. Sent to Joel: updated NCC list. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Worked with Steve Petrick on scout rules for ACTA. Exercise: walk around block 7 minutes.
Email: Overnight spam 63 plus 42 during the day.
SVC work: Explained SFB scouts to the ACTA staff. I did the missing scenario for Comm 77.

MY DAY: 10 July (Tuesday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:40. Weather: 75F, cloudy, wet.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Dicraeosaurus. BBS: 24. Forum: 7. Out box: 34. APOD: stupid, and NOT astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:20. Web crawl completed at 1:25. Lunch: Dyer’s BBQ. Starlist 94112. Sent to Joel: HF final info, communique 79. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 82 plus 60 during the day.
2PM Staff Meeting: Done on the fly in about 3 minutes.
SVC work: I finished communique and hailing frequencies, started on an alert for Jean, had a long and not very happy conversation with the bookbinder people (the factory says that the glue cannot possibly stick where it is very truly stuck) and worked on CL45.

MY DAY: 11 July (Wednesday) 2012
Got to the office at 12:15. Weather: 84F, many clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Therizinosaur tracks in Alaska. BBS: 32. Forum: 6. Out box: 34. APOD: cute but not important. Jigsawdoku 2:20. Web crawl completed at 3:27. Lunch: we cooked at home (chopped steak) after business school. Starlist 72946. Sent to Joel: NCC list. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on 2500 prototype reviews.
Email: Overnight spam 106 plus 28 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 372.
Events: We got the Mongoose prototypes for all of the Kzintis, two Gorns, and an APT.
Customer Request Wednesday: I updated the NCC list and sent it to Joel to upload.
SVC work: I reviewed Mongoose minis. I worked on the CL45 fiction.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:22 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 12 July (Prochorovka Day) 2012
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 81F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Lithographic Limestone. BBS: 27. Forum: 6. Out box: 36. APOD: useless. Jigsawdoku 2:33. Ann Coulter: No one understand what Fast & Furious is about, which is why the Republicans are losing on the issue. Mexican drug gangs get their guns from China, Korea, Cuba, and Venezuela, not from US gun stores. Web crawl completed at 2:27. Lunch: ham, eggs, hashbrowns at PCS. Sent to Joel: replacement communique. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 103 plus 72 during the day.
SVC work: CL45 fiction, some Mongoose stuff.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation