Archive through March 18, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through March 18, 2013
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 06:27 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 21 Feb (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 11:15. Weather: 25F, cloudy, snowing.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: eggshells. BBS: 30. Forum: 10. Out box: 35. APOD: gravitational tractors. Jigsawdoku 2:28. Ann Coulter: Hispanics are naturally aligned with Republican values but (like Blacks, who also are) they vote overwhelmingly Democrat anyway. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: I stayed at the office but Leanna brought me a platter of chicken, corn, and apples. Starlist 95757. Watched a 10-minute Youtube zombie movie with Steve Petrick.
Email: Overnight spam 88 plus 20 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 522.
SPP work:
SVC work: I got the fleet doctrine rules posted for comment. I worked on the paperwork to start negotiations with that computer company but ran into another snag (the document they sent is one none of our computers can open). Did wall updates for West, Thirache, Vancil, Turner. I finished the CL46 SupFile and sent it to press and upload.
Sent to Joel: wall updates for West, Thirache, Vancil, Turner. CL46 Supplemental file for upload.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 05:44 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 22 Feb (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 32F, cold but clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Japanese Ceratopsians. BBS: 41. Forum: 9. Out box: 38. APOD: Curiosity rover. Jigsawdoku 2:23. Web crawl completed at 4pm. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for 11 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 80 plus 58 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 519.
SPP work: Battle Group Instructions and getting orders out.
SVC work: Fleet Doctrine Rules. Helped a grad student with a project on game publishers. Helped a guy trying to get into the published game business. Did wall updates for Matthews, Knight, Hantke, Brooks. Approved Petrickís rules for FC BattleGroups in CL47 so he could post them and get that started.
Sent to Joel: wall updates for Matthews, Knight, Hantke, Brooks.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 05:44 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 23 Feb (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 12:10. Weather: 44F mostly clear. We got a light dusting of snow overnight but it burned off by mid-morning.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Dinocephalosaurus. BBS: 34. Forum: 10. Out box: 38. APOD: recent Russian meteor was biggest since Tunguska. Jigsawdoku 2:55. Web crawl completed at 1:21. Lunch: hot beef sandwich at Malcombís. Starlist 32500. Read FYEO for 12 Feb. Worked with Steve Petrick and Mike Sparks to QC new 2500s.
Email: Overnight spam 65 plus 26 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 518.
SPP work: QC 2500s.
SVC work: Joel took photos of six new 2500s and I got the photos processed and sent to upload. I did some final checks on 2500s, but Steve Petrick did most of my job on that one due to my injuries. Wall updates for Shutts, Opel, Moellmer, McKee done and sent to Joel. I did the THIS WEEK blog. I tried to finish the computer paperwork but they sent two different answers to one question and I asked them which one to use. I did Klingon ship card pack #2 (ships from Klingon Border) and sent it to Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 05:45 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 24 Feb (Sunday) 2013
I stayed home all day to rest. I managed to check the BBS on the wireless iPad. Dinosaur list: tetrapod track record. APOD: M51 whirlpool galaxy.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 05:45 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 25 Feb (The Blizzard) 2013
We all stayed home due to the blizzard which dumped a foot of snow on Amarillo. (Highways and schools were closed.) I was able to check the BBS by wireless iPad. Dinosaur list: Permian

We watched the first 5 episodes of GAME OF THRONES SEASON TWO.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 06:35 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 26 Feb (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 11am after a harrowing one-hour drive over ice-packed highways. Weather: just passing 32F, clear skies and sunshine, mild winds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Titanosaur tracks. BBS: 22. Forum: 13 (four days). Out box: 37. APOD: coronal rain. Jigsawdoku 2;28. Web crawl completed at 2:54. Lunch: Chicfila, about the only place open. Starlist 19468. Read FYEO for 13-14 Feb.
Email: Days of spam 343 plus 54 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 549.
Events: Adam sent a preliminary work in progress cover for Last Stand.
SPP work: Paravian SSDs for C6.
SVC work: Wall updates done and sent to Joel for Trotman, Berg, Filsinger, Goodrich. Finished the NDA paperwork for the potential computer deal. Started work on Klingon ePack #3.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 06:02 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 27 Feb (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:20. Weather: 37F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: 28. BBS: 16. Forum: 8. Out box: 35. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:34. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: Chicken from Chiliís. Starlist UK Shropshire. Read FYEO for 15th.
Email: Overnight spam 88 plus 38 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 547.
Customer Request Wednesday: approved a request to have SFB Tactics Manual uploaded to e23 sometime soon.
Events: Joelís PC (Thor) crashed and the system hard drive wasnít working. We sent it to the shop for repairs. It is auto-backed up on Carbonite.
SPP work: CL47 Monster article.
SVC work: Updated and sent to Joel wall of honor pages for: Paul Scott, Hugh Paton, Gary Plana, John Sickels. Worked on Marines scenarios. Worked on a new starship. Reviewed funky Feds. Got sick and left early.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 06:03 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 28 Feb (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 40F, clear. The snow is melting, the streets are mostly clear, some icy patches under overpasses.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Helicoprion. BBS: 29. Forum: 11. Out box: 41. APOD: stupid waste of space. Jigsawdoku 2:48. Ann Coulter: Before I answer why I "need" a 30-round clip explain why I "need" to subsidize liberal crap like "the arts". Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: BBQ at Country Barn. Starlist 11214. Read FYEO for 16 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 110 plus 15 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 561.
SPP work: More work on CL47 monster article, assembled errata for R6-7-8-9.
SVC work: Did wall updates for Charles Chapel, Terry OíCarroll, Scott Tenhoff, Owen Riley, Roger Rairdan, Bill Stec, Kenny Thomas, Robert Hyrneson; sent them to Joel. Got sick and went to lay down.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 01, 2013 - 05:55 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 1 March (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 11:40. Weather: 42F, mostly sunny. The only snow left are the huge piles created by snow [re]moval.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Almadasuchus. BBS: 26. Forum: 10. Out box: 47. APOD: color of Mercury. Jigsawdoku 2:23. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Read FYEO for 17-18-19 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 97 plus 41 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 562.
SPP work: Monster article, questions, orders.
SVC work: completed all medal updates and all individual pages (Joel will post them next week); the multi-person pages still must be shuffled.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 04, 2013 - 07:30 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 2 March (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 11:55. Weather: 52F, clear sunny skies.
Daily Routine: BBS: 31. Forum: 5. Out box: 48. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:44. Web crawl completed at 12:36. Lunch: enchiladas at LF. Starlist 94066. Read FYEO for 20 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 59 plus 10 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 561.
SPP work: CL47 staff management, answered questions, checked orders, loaded wheelchair.
SVC work: Helped Leanna recreate some files she lost in a hard disk crash. Did two more multi-person pages and sent them to Jean. Long telephone conversation with a customer. Did the THIS WEEK blog. Sent Jean multi-person pages 3, 4, 5, 6. Finalized the ACTASF Fleet rules.

MY DAY: 3 March (Sunday) 2013
We all stayed home all day to rest. The weather outside looked nice but (wheelchair and all) I never got to experience it.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Triassic. APOD: useless. Leanna cooked porkchops and potatoes for lunch while I cooked chili and macaroni for supper. I did check the BBS from home and everything was going swimmingly.

MY DAY: 4 March (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 45F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: colossal theropods. BBS: 32. Forum: 11. Out box: 46. APOD: gorgeous heart nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:22. Web crawl completed at 2:50. Lunch: Dyerís BBQ. Read FYEO for 22 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 167 plus 50 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 564.
Events: I got another wheel chair that is two inches narrower and goes through doors better. Now I have one at home and one at work and Leanna doesnít have to load it in the car every morning and unload it every night.
SPP work: Monster article, helped Leanna with invoicing, did quality control on products Mike and Joel we packing.
SVC work: Posted long version of ACTASF fleet rules onto the BBS for player access. Did Communique 87 and sent it to the staff.
Sent to Joel: wall updates for Gary Carney, Paul Cordiero, Jon Berry, Steward Frazier, A David Merritt.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 06:42 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 5 March (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:10. Weather: 45F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Biostratigraphy. BBS: 29. Forum: 8. Out box: 55. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:55. Web crawl completed at 10:30. Lunch: BBQ at Chili Bowl. Read FYEO for 23-24 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 53 plus 95 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 566.
SPP work: Monster Article.
SVC work: I sent Joel the stuff for Hailing Frequencies. Told Joel to create a fleet doctrine page for ACTASF. Sent to Joel: updates for Wyszynski, Blank, Calhoon, Eitzen, Downing and the first eight multi-person pages. Sent to Jean: Two more reserve blogs. Jean and I finished multiperson pages 14-20 today. I forgot to write down that yesterday I QCed 200 open space map panels. FLAP list: Worked mostly on updating FC MSC. Approved Romulan cards for ACTASF and sent the Kzinti reports to Matthew.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 06:43 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 6 March (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 44F, cloudy, windy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: marine lizards. BBS: 31. Forum: 8. Out box: 55. APOD: some critter. Jigsawdoku 2:28. Web crawl completed at 5pm. Lunch: chicken at Cheddars. Itís Leannaís favorite place and I hate eating there but I figure I owed her. Starlist 33406. Read FYEO for 25 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 62 plus 94 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 567.
SPP work: Monster article, checking wholesaler orders, worked on a one-page CL47 background article.
SVC work: Finished the FC Reference Ship Chart and had Joel post it. Jean and I cleared multi-person pages 21-23. Sent to Joel multiperson pages 9-16. Finished my part of Hailing Frequencies for March and sent the link to Jean and SPP. Approved ACTASF cards for Kzintis. Processed reports for ACTASF cards on Tholians and sent them to Matthew.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 06:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 7 March (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 41F, clear skies. It reached 75F in the afternoon, but there are still big piles of snow where the scooploaders cleaned off parking lots.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: marine reptiles. BBS: 35. Forum: 8. Out box: 57. APOD: Thorís Helmet nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:39. Ann Coulter: ACLU wonít allow gun permits to be taken away from mentally ill. Web crawl completed at 10:07. Lunch: BBQ at Dyers. Read FYEO for 26-28 Feb.
Email: Overnight spam 69 plus 99 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 561.
Events: Today was the first time (since the fall) that I came to work alone. I had no problem getting into the building but couldnít get to the burglar alarm panel in time and that caused a bit of an uproar.
SPP work: Finished monster article. Post office run. Checked orders. Wrote assigned blog and sent to Jean.
SVC work: Worked on FLAP list items. Worked directly with Joel to get things on his list done, including the Marines cover, the draft of hailing frequencies, and the fleet doctrine rules page. Got Jeanís reports on Communique so itís ready to load Monday.
Joel got the Fed Commander Reference Ship Chart posted, created the cover for LAST STAND, and posted dozens of wall of honor updates.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 06:14 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 8 March (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:22. Weather: 47F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Abeilisaur. BBS: 34. Forum: 9. Out box: 2. APOD: gravity lens. Jigsawdoku 2:48. Web crawl completed at 2:11. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Read FYEO for 1-3 March.
Email: Overnight spam 61 plus 76 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 581.
Event-1: This morning, I managed to zombie-shuffle five whole feet, but it hurt so much I did little after that due to pain (and pain pills), even though I spent the day at the office.
Event-2: Something happened to the hard disk on one of the old Macs, which stopped Petrick from working on C6, but we expect to have it resolved in a few days. Looks like 99% of the files are fine, but the disk driver file is corrupted.
SPP work: Worked on master starship book.
SVC work: Sent Joel multi-person pages through 32. I cleaned and sorted loose files on my hard disk for the major backup sweep scheduled for tomorrow.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 11, 2013 - 04:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 March (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 58F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: small species. BBS: 34. Forum: 11. Out box: 41. APOD: snore. Jigsawdoku 2:26. Web crawl completed at 1pm. Lunch: chicken strips at Cheddars (awful). Read FYEO for March 4-6.
Email: Overnight spam 63 plus 2 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 574.
SPP work: master starship book
SVC work: Worked cleaning up hard disk for backups, got signed up for Adrive, found out Adrive wonít work (it said it would but they hadnít updated their advertising), went to the backup plans for backups and started copying files to a bushel basket of flash drives. I backed up first section. I did the THIS WEEK blog.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 11, 2013 - 04:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 10 March (Sunday) 2013
Stayed home and rested. I donít know about the weather except that I heard a howling wind all day.
Daily Routine: APOD: useless sky picture. Lunch: Leanna cooked stew.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 06:05 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 11 March (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 52F, partly cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ningyuansaurus. BBS: 27. Forum: 15. Out box: 46. APOD: cool volcano picture but that is not astronomy. Web crawl completed at 1:10. Lunch: Ribs at the bowling alley. Read FYEO for 7-8-9 March.
Email: Two days of spam 176 plus 19 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 581.
Check in with Artists: Told Adam to get the C6 cover done.
SPP work: Federation Master Starship Book.
SVC work: Released HF and Comm. Continued working on the temporary manual backup while pushing Leanna to find an automatic system. We cannot find an on-line one. Jean found some that work with in-house servers that arenít available for Mac9. Worked on FC Scenario Index.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 06:06 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 12 March (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:20am. Weather: 42F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: eggs. BBS: 35. Forum: 5. Out box: 49. APOD: spinning black hole. Jigsawdoku 3:15, a really off day. Web crawl completed at 1:26pm. Lunch: BBQ at Dyerís. Read FYEO for 10 March.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 55 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 588.
SPP work: Federation Master Starship Book.
SVC work: Finished FC Scenario Index and sent it to Joel to upload. Jean and I cleared multiperson medal pages 33-39 and sent them to Joel (who uploaded 33-36). Reviewed the LAST STAND map. Got the scenario done for Klingon ePack #3 (a new one by Dal). Sent Matthew the Orion card report. Chat with Ken Burnside about the Squadron Strike deal; Leanna green lighted it as an e23 product.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 06:06 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 13 March (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 47F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Pterosaur tracks. BBS: 34. Forum: 7. Out box: 42. APOD: glowing eye nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:57. Web crawl completed at 2:02. Lunch: ham & eggs at NuCastle. Starlist 29445. Read FYEO for 11-12-13 March (caught up).
Email: Overnight spam 81 plus 42 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 589.
New on e23: SFB Tactics Manual (uploaded based on a request from a customer).
Events: Gas furnace in office stopped working, people would not me when I said I was COLD, but the thermometer said 64F inside, and a check of the furnace showed it wasnít working.
Weekly Staff Meeting: [First time we actually had the meeting in four weeks due to workload and my injury.] SVC is to focus on the Marines LS rulebook. SPP is to focus on the Fed Master Starship Book. Leanna is wrapping up accounting tasks and buying shelving for the print plant. Mike is trying to get the inventory built up but itís selling as fast as we print it.
SPP work: Master Starship Book, checking orders.
SVC work: Final Wall of Honor page completed (re: Jean report) and pages 37-42 sent to Joel; project complete. Called contractor about Jeanís office. Completed the map evaluation and told Xander to finalize it and upload it. Finished Klingon ePack #3 and sent it to Jean. Set up the file for Communique #88.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 07:48 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 14 March (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 58F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Nodosaur teeth. BBS: 42. Forum: 5. Out box: 43. APOD: worthless. Jigsawdoku 2:34. Ann Coulter: only liberals are allowed to use "shame and blame" tactics (e.g. smoking), not conservatives (e.g. teen pregnancy). Web crawl completed at 11:50. Lunch: I cooked a bowl of chili for myself.
Email: Overnight spam 78 plus 69 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 591.
Events: Furnace repair guy says one of the two heating plants is toast and must be replaced.
SPP work: Master Starship Book.
SVC work: Review of Last Stand Map (again). I accidentally found an error that is in both the SFMLS and SFMA maps, but at least it gets fixed on the SFMLS map before itís printed. Xander sent in the final version of the Last Stand map. Processed the civilian card reports for ACTASF and sent them to Mongoose.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 12:01 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 15 March (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 60F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Valdosaurus. BBS: 32. Forum: 11. Out box: 44. APOD: comet and coronal mass. Jigsawdoku 2:22. Web crawl completed at 2:15. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Read FYEO for 14-15 March, caught up.
Email: Overnight spam 78 plus 64 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 592.
Events: Contracted to replace the forward heating/air conditioning plant; the back plant is fine for now.
SVC work: Reviewed Orion ships cards for ACTASF; pending staff reports. Reviewed list of ships for Romulan ePack #2, deciding to use Mike Westís idea for a Kestrel pack. Klingon ePack #2 sent to Leanna for upload to e23 next week.

MY DAY: 16 March (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 48F, partly cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Sauropods. BBS: 39. Forum: 4. Out box: 44. APOD: waste of time. Jigsawdoku 2:24. Web crawl completed at 10:47. Lunch: grilled chicken at Malcombís. Starlist 94066. Read FYEO for today. Leanna took Ramses for a walk. I wished I could have gone with them.
Email: Overnight spam 39 plus 45 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 594.
Events: Leanna and Mike installed a new hard disk in one old Mac and assembled new shelving for the printing plans.
SVC work: I reset the MY DAY file and wrote the Monday THIS WEEK blog for Jean. I couldnít focus on work so I cleaned up my desk (which it desperately needed).

MY DAY: 17 March (Sunday) 2013
I stayed home all day to rest. I did manage to injure my chest (probably the breastbone) in an accident, but that seems minor (if painfully annoying). I have no clue what the weather was like as I never went outside.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Alioramus. APOD: Nebula V838 Mon. Lunch: Leanna cooked roast and potatoes.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation