Archive through April 11, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through April 11, 2013
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 06:49 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 18 March (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 44F and mostly sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Azhdarchoid pterosaur. BBS: 26. Forum: 6. Out box: 48. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:21. Web crawl completed at 10:57. Lunch: chicken at Cheddars. Read FYEO for 17-18 March.
Email: Two days of spam 109 plus 26 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 599.
Marketing Monday: Joel did me a C6 cover but I was in too much pain to do an alert with it. Maybe Jean will make me do that tomorrow.
Check in with Artists: Talked with Adam, who had finished the C6 cover. I need to get him busy with the CL47 cover.
SPP work: completed the first pass on the Fed chapter of the Master Starship Book.
SVC work: Worked with Joel on C6 cover. Placed the ships in the file for Romulan ePack #2, after deciding to do both #2 (existing KRs) and #3 (new KRs).
Joel work: C6 cover mock up. Demotivationals.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 06:16 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 19 March (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 39F, high clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Archaeopteryx. BBS: 33. Forum: 3. Out box: 45. APOD: moon gravity map. Jigsawdoku 2:32. Web crawl completed at 9:50. Lunch: BBQ at Dyerís. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on MSSB, Tournament. Industry mailing lists: Villians & Vigilantes vs FGU.
Email: Overnight spam 61 plus 124 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 613.
New on e23: Klingon ship card ePack #2.
Events: Heating contractor installed new furnace.
SPP work: Master Starship Book.
SVC work: Did two blogs for Jeanís file. Talked with Ken B about Squadron Strike; started work on a contract. Did two Start Fleet Alerts (sell sheets for C6 and SFM:LS). Did some work on Romulan ePack #2. Did some work on CL47 story.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 06:16 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 20 March (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:25. Weather: 44F, mostly sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Alioramus. BBS: 45. Forum: 5. Out box: 51. APOD: very pretty nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:43. Web crawl completed at 1:42. Lunch: fish at Furrís. Starlist 83404. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 66 plus 53 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 615.
SVC work: Finished Romulan ePack #2. Did QC on 1200 map panels.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 06:17 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 21 March (Thursday) 2013
Got to office at 10:31. Weather: 55F, 50% high thin clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Tropeognathus. BBS: 40. Forum: 4. Out box: 49. APOD: Pencil nebula. Ann Coulter: How to lose elections. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: burrito at TV. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walking farther and farther on my crutch.
Email: Overnight spam 100 plus 78 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 616.
Customer Request Wednesday: Did somebody an old CA as an SFB SSD without FC stuff.
SVC work: Sent Romulan ePack 2 to Jean for proofing. Worked on CL47 story. Placed ships in file for Romulan ePack 3.

MY DAY: 22 March (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 43F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: end of Triassic. BBS: 34. Forum: 5. Out box: 48. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:36. Web crawl completed at 1:35. Lunch: BBQ at Blue Front. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 100 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 633.
Events: New hard drives came in for the last G3 and the new G5s as we continued updating the computers.
SVC work: Sent Jean the counters for Klingon ePacks 2 and 3. Did the counters for Romulan ePack 3. Wrote four scenarios for Marines. Set up the Fed-MSSB review team with SPP. Jean called in reports on alerts.

MY DAY: 23 March (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 47F, mostly clear. By the time I went home, it was blowing snow.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: KT comet. BBS: 27. Forum: 7. Out box: 48. APOD: Greater Magellanic Cloud. Jigsawdoku 2:13. Web crawl completed at 12:39. Lunch: pizza. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on MSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 48 plus 43 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 640.
SVC work: Cleaning up my desk.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 06:18 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 24 March (Sunday) 2013
Stayed home to rest. Leanna cooked chili. Dinosaur list: Langobardisaurus. APOD: Carina Nebula.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 06:18 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 25 March (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 31F, sunny skies.
Daily Routine: BBS: 18. Forum: 8. Out box: 48. APOD: microwave background map. Jigsawdoku 2:34. Web crawl completed at 1:08. Lunch: BBQ at Dyerís. Read FYEO for 24-25. Worked with Steve Petrick on MSSB.
Email: Two days of spam 117 plus 90 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 643.
Events: I learned today that my cousin in Denver just welcomed his second grand-child and that my good friend (and game industry icon) Richard Martin-Leep died two weeks ago.
Marketing Monday: Finished the Alert for Last Stand and sent it to Joel and Mike for distribution tomorrow.
SVC work: Reviewed MSSB reports and advised what items were and were NOT to be done. (Review team is NOT supposed to be rewriting the style of the book or duplicating Jeanís job.) Finished the ACTASF ship card reports, although Matthew and I have to discuss a couple of items. Got caught up posting MY DAY.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 07:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 26 March (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10AM. Weather: 36F, clear skies, some clouds in the distant north.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Europasaurus. BBS: 29. Forum: 2. Out box: 42. APOD: aurora. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Web crawl completed at 10:45. Lunch: chicken fried steak at the bowling alley. Starlist Utah. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 81 plus 88 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 635.
Events: Somebody phoned in asking nicely if we would do more JagdPanthers on e23.
SVC work: I sorted through the boxes and found what seem to be complete copies of JagdPanther #5-#6-#7-#8. I gave #6 to Joel but am looking for missing pages of #5. Posted the Klingon C5 mini for comment. Did the "check box t-shirt" for Jean to post on Friday. Took Leanna to a doctorís appointment because of bad weather and remote parking.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 07:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 27 March (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 1pm. Weather: 62F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tracks. BBS: 24. Forum: 4. Out box: 42. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:23. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: turkey at PCS. Starlist 95340. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 103 plus 46 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 596.
Events: SVCís second Doctor appointment for broken leg. The leg is healing well, and recovery should be complete in four more weeks. SVC was advised to not push things and stay off of the leg as much as possible, using crutches only when the wheelchair is just not practicable.
Customer Request Wednesday: Updated the Fed NCC list on the website (Joel will upload it soon) including all of the missing Fed dreadnought names.
SVC work: Did two more reserve blogs for Jean who uses them up way too quickly. Reviewed MSSB staff reports to shut down types of line items that do not need to be reported and just clutter the file and delay the book. Sent SPP more old CapLog fighter stuff needed for the MSSB-FED. Approved ACTASF Fleet Update #2 for posting.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 29, 2013 - 11:40 am: Edit

MY DAY: 28 March (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:20. Weather: 42F, high thin clouds, solid to the north, partial going south.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Placodonts. BBS: 24. Forum: 5. Out box: 44. APOD: galaxies. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Ann Coulter: liberal plan to take guns from people with restraining orders would disarm battered women; batters donít need guns to hurt women. Web crawl completed at 1:22. Lunch: awful chicken friend steak at Cheddars, which was having an awful day (ticket times over 30 minutes, bad chicken strips). Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 75 plus 92 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 598.
Events: SFB Designerís Edition Volume II now on e23. SFB Designerís Edition Volume III now on e23. Joel got the new Fed NCC number list updated.
SPP work: Fed MSSB.
SVC work: Worked on Mongoose stuff and on Marines, finishing the final two scenarios and starting on the rulebook edits and updates.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, March 29, 2013 - 06:44 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 29 March (Good Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 55F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Europasaurus. BBS: 31. Forum: 6. Out box: 45. APOD: rings of Saturn. Jigsawdoku 2:13. Web crawl completed at 3:10. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Starlist 21201. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 87 plus 26 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 609.
Business Friday: Finished the next round of paperwork for the possible MMO deal.
SPP work: Fed MSSB.
SVC work: Finished the update of the Marine Last Stand rulebook and gave it to Petrick. Told Matthew that Fleet Update 2 was a mess with many serious errors, the whole drone thing is just completely unworkable and wrong.
Joel got the old Fed CA updated, and got JagdPanther 5 scanned for e23. (He has JagdPanther 6 on his desk; 7 and 8 are on the conference table.)

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 07:04 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 30 March (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 12:30. Weather: 70F.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Amphibian origins. BBS: 30. Forum: 9. Out box: 43. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:03, a new personal best. Web crawl completed at 2:06. Lunch: pizza. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 66 plus 17 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 610.
Events: Went and found a much better apartment for Jean.
SPP work: Fed MSSB. Proofreading Marines Last Stand.
SVC work: Did the THIS WEEK blog for Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 07:04 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 31 March (Sunday) 2013
Stayed home to rest. Leanna cooked turkey. Dinosaur List: Gronausaurus. APOD: not really astronomy.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 07:05 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 1 April (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 10:35. Weather: 62F, clouds to north.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Extinction. BBS: 18. Forum: 10. Out box: 43. APOD: moons and frying pans. Jigsawdoku 2:38. Web crawl completed at 2:40. Lunch: CFS at BA. Read FYEO for 31 March.
Email: two days of spam 133 plus 62 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 621.
Marketing Monday: got the info for the C6 alert.
SPP work: Federation Master Starship Book.
SVC work: I sent Joel everything he needed to do Hailing Frequencies. I wrote the last of the four scenarios we decided to add to last stand and gave them to Steve P to read. While making his fixes to the first 22 pages, the file corrupted (the backup was also corrupted) and both were destroyed. At least I had the backup file (not including the final four scenarios, which we at least had a hard copy of).

MY DAY: 2 April (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 32F, cloudy, freezing rain.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: insects. BBS: 29. Forum: 2. Out box: 44. APOD: horsehead nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:21. Web crawl completed at 1:11. Lunch: BBQ at Country Barn. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 114 plus 103 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 627.
SVC work: Took the backup file for Last Stand and split it into four pieces so at least if it corrupts against I donít have to rebuild the whole thing. Finalized the alert for C6 and sent that out. Sent 12 pages of the LAST STAND rulebook to Jean.

MY DAY: 3 April (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 12:10 after making it to business school the first time in two months. Weather: 28F, cloudy, snowing.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tyrannosaurid bones found. BBS: 37. Forum: 4. Out box: 44. APOD: comet and galaxy. Web crawl completed at 3:20. Lunch: steak at Chilli Williís. Starlist 80906. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 109 plus 55 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 632.
Events: Somebody offered to sell me an educational game (I saw one just like it 30 years ago) for big bucks. I burst his bubble as easily as I could.
Customer Request Wednesday: started work on an index update somebody asked for.
SVC work: Worked on Marines Last Stand, retyping the four lost scenarios and sending six more pages to Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 02:40 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 4 April (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 36F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ankylosaur. BBS: 28. Forum: 9. Out box: 44. APOD: M64 black eye galaxy. Jigsawdoku 2:49. Ann Coulter: Amanda Knox. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: salmon at Cheddars. Starlist 20148. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 78 plus 127 during the day. Events: Interesting offer from a Japanese company to do Japanese versions of old JagdPanther games.
SVC work: Finished the last of the LAST STAND rulebook and sent it to Jean. Requested press quotes on LS map.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 02:41 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 5 April (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 58F, high thin clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: lots of news. BBS: 30. Forum: 7. Out box: 44. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:30. Web crawl completed at 1:13. Lunch: BBQ@BF. Read FYEO for today
Email: Overnight spam 72 plus 98 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 638.
Events: Another interesting deal dropped out of warp.
Business Friday: exchanged notes with the Siadekís.
SVC work: Worked to get the Marines Last Stand map to press and cover to Jean for proofing. I did stuff for Communique 88 other than the ship and scenario.

MY DAY: 6 April (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 1pm. Weather: 68F, some clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: global firestorm. BBS: 28. Forum: 5. Out box: 45. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:29. Web crawl completed at 1:55. Lunch: ribs at Cheddarís. Read FYEO for today. Starlist 67212.
Email: Overnight spam 74 plus 19 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 635.
SVC work: Finished the scenario and ship for Comm 88. I made Jeanís corrections to the Last Stand cover so it can go to press Monday. Did the THIS WEEK blog and updated the office management system to next week. Worked on reserve blogs.

MY DAY: 7 April (Sunday) 2013
Stayed home and rested. Managed to do four entire steps without crutches. BBS: 24. Leanna cooked burgers. APOD: luna and Saturn. Dinosaur List: titanosaur teeth.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 06:50 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 8 April (Monday) 2012
Got to the office at 9:50. Weather: 60F.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: new movie. BBS: 23. Forum: 13. Out box: 46. APOD: redshift. Jigsawdoku 2:14. Web crawl completed at 10:33. Lunch: BBQ at Dyerís. Read FYEO for 7+8
Email: Two days of spam 139 plus 72 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 641.
Events: Building contractor took a look at the nook that will become Jeanís office to quote for the contract price. Had to have the A/C people back out to get the new unit on line for the first time (as planned).
Marketing Monday: Sent memos to wholesalers about art needed for their catalogs.
Check in with Artists: Told Adam to get us the CL47 cover.
SVC work: sent Jean a reserve blog (140). First round of memos on that deal that dropped out of warp last week. Last Stand cover went to press. Cover quotes came in VERY low (good!) compared to previous. Sent a note to GAMA about Origins. Discussed with Leanna the need to have stuff sent to e23 and not forgotten or lost, and updated the e23 status report.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 06:50 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 April (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 42F, windy, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: pterosaur necks. BBS: 26. Forum: 5. Out box: 51. APOD: southern ring nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:45. Web crawl completed at 2:10. Lunch: enchiladas at LF. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 87 plus 68 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 644.
Events: checked proofs for Last Stand map and cover.
Board Meeting: I directed Leanna to get Starmada battleships sent to e23 Wednesday and get Steve P back into the SSD business by Saturday.
SVC work: I told Matthew that the 2500 Lyran #5 was good to go. I reviewed a new Klingon 2500 no one has ever seen and gave suggestions on how to proceed with it. I worked with Joel to clear a backlog of work orders he had not done. He posted the Lyran CA #5 on the 2500 page, chased some pirates, tried to figure out RSS (no luck there), updated HF, and some link updates. Signed the contract for Japanese distribution of JagdPanthers and sent it to them. Jean called in reports on Comm 88 so itís ready to go tomorrow. Did Jeanís reports on 18 of the 24 pages of Last Stand.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 06:51 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 10 April (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:45. Weather: 28F, windy, cloudy, but none of the predicted snow or freezing rain.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: swimming theropods. BBS: 29. Forum: 4. Out box: 45. APOD: NASA propaganda. Jigsawdoku 2:59. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: CFS at Bowlng alley, probably the last time to go there as they changed their specials into a format of far lesser value. Starlist UK-TW20-8PS. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 145 plus 81 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 634.
Events: Joel sent Communique 88 and Hailing Frequencies.
Customer Request Wednesday: Sent LB some seltorian graphics he needed for Cyberboard.
SVC work: Finished Communique 88. Worked on final items for Marines Last Stand.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 06:51 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 11 April (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 33F, sunny.
I managed to walk (without leaning on anything) a total of 12 feet today without pain or damage. Recovery continues.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Sauropod embryos. BBS: 37. Forum: 7. Out box: 44. APOD: waste of space. Jigsawdoku 2:06. Ann Coulter: real gun control means controlling crazy people. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: salmon at Cheddarís. Starlist 42206. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on wording for FMSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 116 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 638.
Events: Drain for the new heater overflowed so we called for a plumber to fix it.
New on e23: Battleships Armada Nova and Admiral.
SVC work: Worked all day on final Marines edits. I advised Matthew that "Drone Strike" was a total loss and would never be approved by ADB without being done over from blank paper.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation