Archive through May 09, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through May 09, 2013
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:40 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 12 April (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 56F, puffy clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: what have we learned since JP? BBS: 35. Forum: 10. Out box: 43. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:35. Web crawl completed at 10:16. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on Maines.
Email: Overnight spam 85 plus 89 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 637.
SPP work: Final checks for Marines.
SVC work: Final checks for Marines.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:40 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 13 April (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 45F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Lirainosaurus. BBS: 28. Forum: 11. Out box: 45. APOD: face of the sun. Jigsawdoku 2:03, tied my all-time record. Web crawl completed at 1:55pm. Lunch: ribs at Salt Gras. Starlist 98155. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 71 plus 25 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 639.
Events: Marines Last Stand started printing.
SPP work: Federation Master Starship Book.
SVC work: final fixes for Marines, which started printing. I did the THIS WEEK blog. I reset the office management system for next week. Wrote an assault note for a future CapLog. Worked on the FLAP List (update list, text catalog, freebie list, stuff for Marines page on website, GGIC update, website product schedule update, awards list, product on cart).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:41 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 14 April (Sunday) 2013
I stayed home to rest. Dinosaur list: Larry Martinís bird theories. BBS: 25. APOD: Neptune and Triton. Lunch: Leanna cooked pork chops. Leanna suggested that I give Downtown Abby a try, set up the Roku, and went to bed. I found the three episodes I watched just dreadful.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:42 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 15 April (Monday, Tax Day) 2012
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 55F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Quetzalcoatlus. BBS: 22. Forum: 12. Out box: 53. APOD: soul nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:39. Web crawl completed at 2:16pm. Lunch: excellent BBQ at Country Barn. Starlist 98003. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMSSB.
Email: Two days of spam 276 plus 39 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 642.
Events: Somebody bombed the Boston Marathon.
Joel: Joel announced that he has found a real world job and will be leaving 30 April. He will, for the next month or perhaps longer, continue to maintain the website and do whatever graphics we need by long distance (heís moving 60 miles away). We will eventually replace him with another intern.
Marketing Monday: Sent the "just released" alert for Marines Last Stand.
Check in with Artists: Lit a fire under Adam.
SVC work: I caught up on work and email not done during the last week when I was busy with Marines. I wrote the descriptions so Leanna can upload BattleWagon and JagdPanther #5 to e23 (this week and next week). Reviewed a plan for an FC APP for Android. Leanna set up the Roku again and I held my gorge for another four episodes of Downtown Abby. Still trying to figure out which one is Abby.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:42 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 16 April (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:50. Weather: 44F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: theropod teeth. BBS: 26. Forum: 5. Out box: 45. APOD: spiral galaxy M81. Jigsawdoku 2:14. Web crawl completed at 1:30pm. Lunch: salmon at Cheddarís. Starlist 21061. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 104 plus 98 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 638.
SVC work: Posted Orion DN and BR for public comment. Reviewed FMSSB line items. Worked on CL47. Wasnít feeling well and laid down for most of the day. Watched another horrid episode of Downtown Abby. Still no Abby, and nobody seems to go down town much.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 04:16 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 17 April (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:40. Weather: 46F, cloudy, fog, rain.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Australovenator. BBS: 28. Forum: 8. Out box: 51. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:09. Web crawl completed at 2:11. Lunch: Burger at Chiliís. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 79 plus 53 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 636.
Events: Leanna sent Battlewagon to e23.
Customer Request Wednesday: sent graphics somebody needed for a project.
SVC work: Posted the Orion DW and BCH for comments. Shawn sent 23 pirates I had to sort through (10 ours, 1 Zocchi, the rest Paramount).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 04:17 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 18 April (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 31F, clouds in north.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: dinos. BBS: 38. Forum: 5. Out box: 53. APOD: M17 Omega Nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:26. Ann Coulter: Rubioís plan. Web crawl completed at 11:03. Lunch: salmon at PCS. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMMSB.
Email: Overnight spam 93 plus 104 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 639.
Events: I turned in the wheelchair and can get around with a crutch or cane. I can talk up to 30 feet without any help or crutch at all. Slow, limping, a little sore, but no real pain.
New on e23: Battlewagon 2nd Edition.
SVC work: Did the lost medals for Advanced Missions 91. Worked on CL47. Helped clean up the front room so they can start building Jeanís office tomorrow. Watched three more episodes of Downtown Abby. I think I figured out that the joke is that Abby went downtown and never came back. Anyway, World War I is over and it looks like Captain Crawley is going to recover, but will he and Lady Mary admit theyíre in love?

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 03:09 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 19 April (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 45F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Dahalokely, new abelisaur. BBS: 41. Forum: 1. Out box: 58. APOD: nice nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:11. Web crawl completed at 3:05. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Starlist 03873. Read FYEO for today. Worked with Steve Petrick on FMSSB.
Email: Overnight spam 92 plus 74 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 644.
Events: Carpenter assigned to build Jeanís office did not show up.
SVC work: read more FMSSB stuff. Worked on PH prize list. Worked on CL47. Worked on trip plans. I finished season two of Downtown Abby. I thought maybe the dog was the missing Abby but no such luck. Matthew and Mary are engaged but given how this soap opera works, marriage is not a foregone conclusion. The show seems to use a lot of idiot diversions to fill time without moving the plot. Canadian officer is the lost heir, no, he isnít. Cora is pregnant, oops, not any more. Sybil is running away, talked out of it, then does it under better terms.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 03:10 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 20 April (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:40. Weather: 55F and cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Titanosaur tails. BBS: 29. Forum: 6. Out box: 53. APOD: useless skyline. Jigsawdoku 2:37. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: enchiladas at LF. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 79 plus 33 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 652.
Broken leg recovery: For the first time since it happened, I walked into a store (and then into a restaurant) without any support other than holding Leannaís hand.
Events: Ordered meat for the May wolf trip.
SVC work: I thought about my brother, who would have been 59 today. Did the THIS WEEK blog. Did more ship illustrations for FMSSB. Reset the company work schedule plan.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 03:10 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 21 April (Sunday) 2013
Battle of San Jacinto Day
I stayed home to rest and apparently needed it as I was less able to walk than on Saturday. Leanna thought maybe I had overdone it the day before. Leanna surprised me with a present (Season Three of Downton Abbey) which was great until the very upsetting final scenes. Dinosaur List: Microraptor. APOD was a time-wasting skyline photo.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:41 am: Edit

MY DAY: 22 April (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 59F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Kem Kem fossil beds. BBS: 30. Forum: 8. Out box: 52. APOD: horsehead nebula from Orion. Jigsawdoku 2:09. Web crawl completed at 10:30. Lunch: chicken, pasta, and veggies at Cheddars. Read FYEO for Yesterday and today.
Email: Two days of spam 177 plus 106 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 657.
Events: Contractor arrived to build Jeanís office.
Check in with Artists: Paid Adam for CL47 and FCTM covers.
SVC work: supervised construction.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:42 am: Edit

MY DAY: 23 April (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:20. Weather: 31F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: earliest dinos. BBS: 32. Forum: 6. Out box: 55. APOD: supernova 1006. Jigsawdoku 2:15. Web crawl completed at 10:45. Lunch: grilled chicken at Calico Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 84 plus 100 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 655.
Events: The people to do the texturing on Jeanís office never showed up, but thatís not critical. They will soon enough.
SVC work: FMSSB artwork, CL47 stuff, Dealmaking. Working with Joel on new covers.

MY DAY: 24 April (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 40F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Leptorhynchos. BBS: 22. Forum: 4. Out box: 54. APOD: NASA propaganda. Jigsawdoku 2:44. Web crawl completed at 12:40. Lunch: BBQ at CB. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 97 plus 73 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 662.
Events: Crew came to do the wall finishes for Jeanís office.
Customer Request Wednesday: Did not happen due to short schedule and preparations for next weekís trip.
SVC work: Doctorís appointment. Dentist appointment. Worked on the load list for the trip this weekend.

MY DAY: 25 April (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:20. Weather: 49F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Sacisaurus. BBS: 31. Forum: 1. Out box: 51. APOD: time waster. Jigsawdoku 2:33. Ann Coulter: 1965 immigration reforms mean we took in the worldís losers instead of the worldís winners. Web crawl completed at 11am. Lunch: salmon at Cheddarís. Worked with Steve Petrick on trip plans. Industry mailing lists: ACD policies.
Email: Overnight spam 79 plus 80 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 661.
SPP work: Trip Preparation.
SVC work: Trip Preparation. I did the THIS WEEK blog since I wonít be here Saturday to do it on the normal schedule. I did two Star Fleet Alerts.

MY DAY: 26 April (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: warm, clear.
OPERATION FETCH: Left at 11:30 in a rented car that was much too small but impossible to change. Hit rain at Oklahoma City and the rain continued for days.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Kentrosaurus. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: a year on the sun.
In The Office: Leanna, Joel, and Mike got orders out. Before leaving, I sent the Star Fleet Alerts to Joel to post and Mike to send out. JagdPanther #5 appeared on e23.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:43 am: Edit

MY DAY: 27 April (Saturday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: Driving across Arkansas and Tennessee (lunch with Tony Thomas and his lovely wife Evie) across the tail end of North Carolina and into South Carolina.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Triassic pterosaurs. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: Mars rover photo.
In The Office: Leanna and Mike worked on inventory production.

MY DAY: 28 April (Sunday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH toured the Cowpens and Kingís Mountain battlefield and then moved on to reach Pembrooke NC and had dinner with Jean.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Hadrosaurs. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: storm on Saturn.

MY DAY: 29 April (Monday) 2012
OPERATION FETCH: surveyed Jean's house and storage lockers and calculated that the truck would work. It rained much of the day.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Gondwanasuchus. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: useless skyline.
In The Office: Leanna and Mike worked on orders. Joel and Mike sent a Star Fleet Alert.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:44 am: Edit

MY DAY: 30 April (Tuesday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: Turned in the rental car, picked up the rental truck. Planned the mission. It rained most of the day.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Origin of birds. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: exploring the system.
In The Office: Leanna and Mike worked on orders. Joel and Mike sent another Star Fleet Alert.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:44 am: Edit

MY DAY: 1 May (Wednesday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: With invaluable help from local and SFU volunteers we emptied Jeanís storage lockers into the truck. It rained intermittently.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Hungarosaurus. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: Omega Centauri cluster.
In The Office: Orders, production, work on Jeanís office.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:45 am: Edit

MY DAY: 2 May (Thursday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: The Big Day! With the invaluable help of local and SFU volunteers we removed 99% of Jeanís property from her house and loaded it on the truck with almost no rain at all. Then Jean (Callsign: Swamprat, Baby Car, Steve Petrick (Callsign: Cougar), the Big Truck, and myself (Callsign: Lobo) proceeded west to Hendersonville NC in virtually continual rain.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ichthyostega. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: hurricane on Saturn.
In The Office: Orders, production, work on Jeanís office.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:45 am: Edit

MY DAY: 3 May (Friday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: We got up, had a nice hotel breakfast, and drove north another two hours before turning west on I40, which goes from Knoxville to Amarillo. I drove the truck for about an hour and everyone agreed that I did not need to drive it any more. We had lunch in Lebanon with Tony Curtis and Evie. (Jean spent the whole time in girl-talk with Evie, starting to unpack some of her baggage.) We wanted to reach Little Rock but stopped over an hour short in Forest City because we were all exhausted. Jean sprang for a great hotel.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: nocturnal giants. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: Horsehead nebula.
In The Office: Captainís Log #28 now on e23.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:46 am: Edit

MY DAY: 4 May (Saturday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: Got up, had a wonderful hotel breakfast, and drove west. We took hour-long breaks for lunch and dinner and got to the house at 11pm.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ichthyosaur. BBS: reviewed on the iPad. APOD: Hungarian eclipse.
In The Office: Leanna and Mike worked on various things including orders and inventory production.
SVC: I went the whole day without using crutches for the first time in 11 weeks, but moved very slowly and carefully. Mostly I just sat in Jeanís car and operated the two-way radio.

MY DAY: 5 May (Sunday) 2013
OPERATION FETCH: With help from Mike, we unloaded part of the truck into Jeanís new apartment.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Indobaatar. BBS: 24. APOD: Not astronomy. Lunch: Turkey at Calico.
Email: Nine days of spam 1748.
SVC: My second day in a row without crutches, mostly sitting in a chair at Jeanís unpacking boxes. I did clean the spam out of my email file, leaving 30 real emails that needed answering.

MY DAY: 6 May (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at noon. Weather: 64F, cloudy.
OPERATION FETCH: Got the truck unloaded but not turned in. All of Jeanís stuff is in her apartment or storage but of course she will need weeks to unpack every box.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: footprints. BBS: 27. Forum: 16 (nine days). Out box: 44. APOD: Comet Lemmon. Web crawl completed at 4pm. Lunch: pasta & chicken at Cheddarís.
Events: Painters did Jeanís office.
Email: Overnight spam 98 plus 103 during the day.
SPP work: driving truck, supervising unloading.
SVC work: Working on the backlog that accumulated while I was gone. Cleared todayís spam. Cleared the dinolist stuff. Started work on Communique 89. Jean told me to do something but I forgot what it was.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation