Archive through October 10, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through October 10, 2013
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:17 am: Edit

MY DAY: 15 Sept (Sunday) 2013
Got to the office at 4:30. Weather: 86F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: BBS: 12. Forum: 6. Out box: 57. APOD: pretty nebula. Web crawl completed at 6:15. Lunch: I cooked stew for Leanna. Exercise: took Ramses and Isis hunting. She caught a mouse. Sudoku; 2:44.
Email: Overnight spam 40 plus 3 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 651.
SPP work: Stayed home to rest.
JES work: Stayed home to prepare apartment for jolts from nearby construction scheduled for Monday.
SVC work: Came in for an hour to clear email and send requests for press quotes. Other than the quotes that had to get done, I’d have stayed home to rest.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 12:03 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 16 Sept (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:55. Weather: 66F, high thin clouds, wall of clouds in the northern sky.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 12. Forum: 5. Out box: 57. APOD: rotating moon video. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Web crawl completed at 10:24. Lunch: breakfast at PCS. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Exercise: walked 100 yards to the corner and back.
Email: Overnight spam 51 plus 91 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 649.
Events: About 4:30 the sky darkened and it was clear a big thunderstorm with small hail was due to arrive. Jean, Leanna, and Simone all went home early to escape the storm.
SPP work: Module C6.
JES work: Wasn’t feeling well, came in just in time to leave before the rain storm.
SVC work: FO14 converted rules 319, 530, and 532 to new format; added CL39 and CL40 to the QARF, did all 500-series line items from CL29-CL30. ATL character Julian Artex. Sent Simone information to updated FC page, Reinforcements Attack page, and booster pack page.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 12:03 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 17 Sept (Tuesday, Wedding Anniversary) 2013
Since it was our 36th Wedding Anniversary, Leanna and I took the day off to spend time together and rest. We had a fancy dinner out, bought a box of stuff we’re not supposed to eat at the bakery, and watched movies all day.
SPP work: C6, closing in on a finished product.
JES work: traveller, marketing, BBS maintenance deleting fake people. Turns out we get a lot of those.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 09:03 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 18 Sept (Wednesday, Rodeo Day) 2013
Got to the office at 10:15 after checking press proofs for the C6 cover. Weather: 73F, sunny blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: microraptor flight. BBS: 21. Forum: 9. Out box: 54. APOD: M45 Pleiades Star Cluster. Jigsawdoku 2:25. Web crawl completed at 12:15. Lunch: CFS at Malcomb’s, not a good one either. Starlist 54952, 72903.
Email: Two days of spam 212 plus 99 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 647.
1PM Staff Meeting: delayed to Friday.
Events: Jean’s first rodeo. Literally. Horses, bulls, calf roping, barrel racing, and all the rest at the Tri-State Fair. She and Leanna went while I stayed at the office and worked.
Customer Request Wednesday: Jean publicized Starlist so instead of ten a month I got nine in one day.
JES work: Module C6.
SVC work: Forev-14 moved the introduction section to the new format. Wrote two Paravian alternate histories and edited the one Petrick did as a bonus third alternative. I did the two Carnivon alternate histories, one of which was a fairly brilliant piece of writing by Petrick that I only had to edit.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 09:04 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 19 Sept (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 70F, cloudy, cool.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: ankylosaur armor. BBS: 20. Forum: 2. Out box: 53. APOD: pretty but not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:32. Ann Coulter: mass shooters (and most of the homeless) are crazy people that the liberals won’t let us lock up. Web crawl completed at 9:40. Lunch: Dyer’s BBQ. Starlist four Canadians. Read FYEO for 17-18-19.
Email: Overnight spam 44 plus 102 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 645.
Events: Shawn Hantke visited the office.
JES work: Module C6. Uploaded Robots to DTRPG/WV. Kept saying "This is not my first rodeo."
SVC work: QARF Added CL41-44 to the QARF. Forev14: did all reports in the QARF for 437-439. Made the Petrick corrections to the two background articles, and the Jean corrections. Finished the preliminary draft of the quote request for tribbles and sent it to China. Met with Shawn Hantke about his idea for a 3d combat system.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 09:04 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 20 Sept (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:40. Weather: 68F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ankylosaur tracks. BBS: 26. Forum: 5. Out box: 54. APOD: kinda artistic but not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:46. Web crawl completed at 2:52. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Starlist 25303, 99353.
Email: Overnight spam 71 plus 63 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 643.
3PM Staff Meeting: Focused on getting C6 finished but we did discuss an email server issue (which Simone fixed) and we did discuss and interesting offer to design a game for someone.
JES work: Module C6. Customer service.
SVC work: I worked on C6, proofreading weapons rules. QARF now complete as I added CL45-47; went through all 55 pages and color coded one item on each page just because that was fun. Forev14: did line items for 440 and 445. Ryan cleared three pages of the QARF color-coded stuff, and Turtle did another one, sending two of those four pages to "future expansion revisions" and two to the trash. The SFBOL thing seems to have reached a point of stable progress.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 09:05 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 21 Sept (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 65F, sunny skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: ICZN naming rules. BBS: 24. Forum: 7. Out box: 53. APOD: rocket launch, not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:23. Web crawl completed at 1:52. Lunch: chicken salad sandwich at Malcombs. Starlist 44221, 37042, 24201. Read FYEO for yesterday and today.
Email: Overnight spam 39 plus 22 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 640.
JES work: checking Module C6 SSDs.
SVC work: QARF progress, Ryan cleared 15 more color-coded papers, leaving 44 pages to do. I coded 10 more pages and sent five of them to Ryan and five to Thomas Mathews. I did what I could to help move C6 forward. Had a further conversation with Mongoose about the future of the 2500s and ACTASF. I did the THIS WEEK blog. Reset the office management system.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 03:11 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 22 Sept (Sunday) 2013
Got to the office at 2:30. Weather: 80F, mostly clear. Today is the festival of Saint Maurice, Patron of Infantry.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: videos. BBS: 16. Forum: 11. Out box: 53. APOD: zzzzz. Jigsawdoku 2:16. Web crawl completed at 8pm. Lunch: Leanna cooked pork. Starlist no requests. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: 30 minute walk with Ramses.
Email: Overnight spam 48 plus 20 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 637.
SPP work: Revising Module C6 scenarios.
JES work: Checking Module C6 SSDs.
SVC work: Everything and anything I could do to make Module C6 get finished. Ryan cleared 5 pages of the QARF, and Turtle cleared five more, leaving only 25 to go in the hunt for FO errata. Color coded five more pages and sent them to Ryan, then coded five more and sent them to Thomas. Between proofreading pages of C6 I finished color-coding the QARF, all of it, and PDFed the last 13 pages in three files for Ryan and Thomas to do. Came up with some scenario ideas for C6.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 03:12 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 23 Sept (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:45am. Weather: 65F, a few clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Yixianosaurus. BBS: 23. Forum: 5. Out box: 58. APOD: Prawn nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:23. Web crawl completed at 4:41. Lunch: roast beef at Marizon’s. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 57 plus 103 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 635.
Marketing Monday: Getting ready to ship C6.
Check in with Artists: Adam sent some cool pictures.
JES work: Module C6. Customer support. Blog schedule.
SVC work: I continued to have more fun than a barrel of monkeys managing the projects. Talked with SFBOL guys about color art underlays. Told SPP to give Jean the six finished scenarios for proofreading, then finish the other four, and only then fix the R-section pages Jean made a mess of. I did more work on the Carnivon maps and prepared the actual map pages.
QARF Ryan cleared five pages, so we’re down to 20, I sent him 4 more, and he did them, bringing us down to 16, so I sent him four more.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 03:12 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 24 Sept (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 59F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Radiodactylus. BBS: 22. Forum: 3. Out box: 56. APOD: local interstellar medium map, fascinating! Jigsawdoku 2:40. Web crawl completed at 3:15. Lunch: I skipped to work on C6.
Email: Overnight spam 88 plus 36 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 633.
Events: C6 started printing.
SPP work: Finishing C6.
JES work: Finishing C6.
SVC work: Finishing C6, which started printing at 7:30. I did the 10th scenario illustration, made all the fixes, helped Jean proofread and cross-check. QARF Thomas Mathews sent in his report, which reduced the QARF to 11 pages (1 actual FO errata, 1 for 4PW, 4 that Ryan is working, 5 that Thomas is working).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 03:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 25 Sept (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 69F, sunny skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Mosasauroids of Big Bend. BBS: 26. Forum: 3. Out box: 57. APOD: M81 dancing with M82. Jigsawdoku 2:39. Web crawl completed at 2:43. Lunch: mediocre steak at Hofbrau. Starlist 96003. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Industry mailing lists: paypal doesn’t work for Kickstarter.
Email: Overnight spam 56 plus 180 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 649.
2PM Staff Meeting: Very brief, just covered what has to be done in the next four days, getting C6 shipped.
Events: Module C6 Lost Empires started shipping.
Customer Request Wednesday: Somebody requested some graphic; I helped in putting C6 on the cart.
SPP work: Post C6 clutter cleanup.
JES work: Marketing C6.
SVC work: QARF Thomas Matthews sent in his final report, reducing the QARF to 7 pages, of which Ryan has four, two are FO errata, and one is 4PW stuff. I spent five minutes sorting through QARF-Future moving anything that said "deficit" to one spot.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 05:25 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 26 Sept (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 12:45 after spending the morning taking Leanna to have laser eye surgery. Weather: 86F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Machaeroprosopus. BBS: 22. Forum: 6. Out box: 56. APOD: M31 and M33. Jigsawdoku 2:25. Ann Coulter: Senator Cruz. Web crawl done at 4pm. Lunch: ham & eggs at PCS. Starlist Ontario. Industry lists: John Ford estate.
Email: Overnight spam 127 plus 31 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 647.
Events: Leanna had laser surgery that instantly improved her vision by zapping some scar tissue.
SPP work: Office clutter, Talkshoe.
JES work: Talkshow. Blog. Getting a BGG account. Putting Prime Adventures on DTRPG. Marketing. Starlist.
SVC work: QARF compete w/ Ryan’s report, leaving 2 pages of items for FO-Rev-14. Encyclopedia added five entries from C6 and four more from other sources. SFBOL: sent the guys a bunch of Hydran color ship art. Talkshoe. Office clutter.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 05:26 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 27 Sept (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:40 after a stop at the doctor’s office. Weather: 69F with blue skies and just a few clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: extinction. BBS: 15. Forum: 4. Out box: 56. APOD: M31 with the naked eye. Jigsawdoku 2:10. Web crawl completed at 12:46. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Industry mailing lists: crowdfunding.
Email: Overnight spam 65 plus 59 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 645.
Events: Brad the Car Guy put new struts in my car, whatever those are.
Business Friday: I did 3 pages of Fed admiral but had to go ask Jay a bunch of questions because I think I fixed something the wrong way because of a typo he made on page one.
SPP work: took a well-deserved day off.
JES work: Blog, Website, marketing, Rangers, Drive Thru, helping edit Fed Admiral.
SVC work: QARF: I spent five minutes moving bulk QARF items to each product folder. FO-14: I copied 515 from F&E2KX and put it in FO-2014. (It will thereafter be in both places. The covers for FO say it includes 515 and so it must.) I wrote the new unified auxiliary rule for F&E and sent it to the staff.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 05:26 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 28 Sept (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:25. Weather: 52F, some clouds. We got a lot of rain overnight, and we’re all happy about that.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Asperoris. BBS: 16. Forum: 3. Out box: 57. APOD: equinox earth photo. Jigsawdoku 2:12. Web crawl completed at 1:31. Lunch: roast beef at Marizon’s. Starlist 72204. Read FYEO for today. Industry mailing lists: non-compete contracts.
Email: Overnight spam 35 plus 12 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 643.
SPP work: took a well-deserved day off.
JES work: Marketing the Robots game on DT, Rangers, C6 preview folder, prepping FC Academy for upload, developing the PAMPER list (Promote And Market Product Entry Regime).
SVC work: QARF: moved 20 line items to the correct product. Did the 10-page preview of C6 that Jean wanted, but then Jean wanted more, and so Simone did a cover and I did the Alert for Monday and added that to the end of the preview. I reset the office management system and did the THIS WEEK blog.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 07:01 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 29 Sept (Sunday) 2013
Got to the office at 3:50pm. Weather: 76F mostly sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Synapsids. BBS: 22. Forum: 5. Out box: 62. APOD: Fairy/Eagle Nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:31. Web crawl completed at 5:18. Lunch: Leanna cooked turkey. Starlist Toronto. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 70 plus 6 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 640.
Events: Feast of Saint Michael the Archangel, Patron of Soldiers.
SPP work: Took the day off.
JES work: Cleaned up the Hey Jean topic and posted blog and facebook stuff.
SVC work: Came in to clean up my desk and clear spam. Did the staff reports on the new F&E unified auxiliary rule. Moved a whole page of QARF-Future line items into the actual product folders.

MY DAY: 30 Sept (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 58F, partly cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: O C Marsh. BBS: 21. Forum: 2. Out box: 60. APOD: sky mystery. Jigsawdoku 2:14. Web crawl completed at 10:30. Lunch: they brought me a chicken salad sandwich. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 58 plus 77 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 638.
Marketing Monday: Star Fleet Alert sent for C6.
SPP work: Monster article for CL48.
JES work: Blogs, uploading C6 preview, marketing.
SVC work: I was seriously sick with some plague, so I just locked myself in my office, napped when I wanted and worked when I could. did all of the line items for FO14 except the three I have to get staff work on.

MY DAY: 1 Oct (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:30, still sick with a cold. Weather: 69F, mostly blue skies, some clouds around the edges of the sky.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: walking birds. BBS: 16. Forum: 5. Out box: 56. APOD: Vela supernova remnant. Jigsawdoku 2:56. Web crawl completed at 12:20. Lunch: I ate a big breakfast on the way to work. Starlist ottawa.
Email: Overnight spam 115 plus 58 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 636.
Events: The government shut down with a whimper.
SPP work: CL48 battle groups.
JES work: BBS maintenance, marketing, DTRPG.
SVC work: Sick all day, I was here to handle two conference calls and went home when they were over.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 07:02 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 2 Oct (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 1pm, still sick with a miserable cold or some other plague. Weather: 70F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Angiosperms. BBS: 16. Forum: 3. Out box: 56. APOD: not working. Jigsawdoku 3:04. Web crawl completed at 2:03. Lunch: chopped steak at logans, tasted like mush. Read FYEO for yesterday and today. Industry mailing lists: Dragon magazine.
Email: Overnight spam 111 plus 42 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 637.
1PM Staff Meeting: cancelled, I was too sick.
Events: highest number of fake BBS registrations in company history (29).
Customer Request Wednesday: cancelled, I was too sick.
SPP work: Stuff for CL48.
JES work: Marketing, promotion, DTRPG, Blogs, fake BBS people trying to register, BGG.
SVC work: sick all day. At my desk, I dabbled in routine tasks but made no real progress on actual work.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 07:02 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 3 Oct (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:28. Weather: 69F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinolist: Albert fossils. BBS: 16. Forum: 3. Out box: 56. APOD: shut down by evil Republicans. Jigsawdoku 2:13. Ann Coulter: Breaking Bad (?). Web crawl completed at 11:01. Lunch: BBQ at Dyer’s. Starlist 95209. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 54 plus 72 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 634.
Events: 17 Fake BBS people, 2nd highest in BBS history.
SPP work: C6 Campaign Update for CL48.
JES work: Proofread four pages for Fed Admiral and F&E Auxiliary rule. Got Valkenburg Castle uploaded to DR/WV and promoted. Helped Leanna filing invoices.
SVC work: Getting over being sick, I slept late to get some rest. Checked in with the SFBOL guys who have converted over 100 ships to third generation but none of them are live yet. I did the F&E staff reports on the new 543 unified auxiliary rule.
SVC Personal: Annual medical checkup. Labs are good. I do have some low-grade skin cancer on my ear that needs to be attended to, and they’re setting up that appointment.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 07:06 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 4 Oct (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:55am. Weather: 68F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: new ankylosaur. BBS: 21. Forum: 3. Out box: 58. APOD: Republican terrorists hate space. Jigsawdoku 2:36. Web crawl completed at 10:53. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Starlist 57732. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: I walked to the corner and back, not far, but it’s a start; Doctor’s orders.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 71 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 632.
New on e23, DriveThru, and Wargame Vault: Valkenburg Castle.
SPP work: CL48 campaign update.
JES work: customer service, managing Simone, proofread Communique, pirate letter to BGG, Rangers, went with Leanna to buy some bags of tribbles.
SVC work: I did images for freighters for SFBOL. I did a bunch of stuff for Gygax magazine that is running some kind of Fed Commander article Jean set up. Finished communique and gave it to Jean and Steve P to read, got and fixed their marks, and sent it to the staff so we can release it on the 9th. I spent another hour on the same four pages of Fed Admiral, this time doing Jean’s fixes. I moved 10 line items in the QARF-Future file to the proper F&E expansion for future revision. Mostly, I just complained about my cold and how miserable it made me.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 11:58 am: Edit

MY DAY: 5 Oct (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:45. Weather: 50F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: squamates. BBS: 23. Forum: 2. Out box: 61. APOD: evil Republicans block space! Jigsawdoku 2:25. Web crawl completed at 1:33. Lunch: pizza. Starlist 98311. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked around the 3/4 block.
Email: Overnight spam 48 plus 19 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 629.
SPP work: CL48 stuff.
JES work: Hailing Frequencies, Customer Service, Fan Sites, supervising Simone.
SVC work: Sent Simone the stuff for Hailng Frequencies. Conferred with Jean and Simone on the Ebook pages of our site. I reset the office management system. I did the THIS WEEK blog. Did staff reports on 543 Unified Auxiliaries.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 11:59 am: Edit

MY DAY: 6 Oct (Sunday) 2013
Got to the office at 3:24. Weather: 72F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: protodinosaur. BBS: 11. Forum: 3. Lunch: Leanna cooked tenderized steak. Exercise: 40 minute rabbit hunt with Ramses.
Email: Overnight spam 50 plus 5 during the day.
SPP work: Came in and cleaned up his desk a few hours.
JES work: Came in a few hours to clear up her desk.
SVC work: Came in for three hours to clean up my desk.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 12:00 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 7 Oct (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 55F, sunny skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: fish trace fossil. BBS: 14. Forum: 3. Out box: 57. APOD: evil Republicans have shut down outer space! Jigsawdoku 2:17. Web crawl completed at 11:10am. Lunch: Wendy’s burgers. Starlist 45324. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: Walked around 3/4 block (went through alley).
Email: Overnight spam 65 plus 53 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 633.
Events: A new record for bogus BBS robot registrations, all 31 of them gmail accounts with fake names like shenaujdxp. We seem to be the target of some kind of spam attack. The BBS has suddenly jumped to 330 users but the database shows only 267.
SPP work: CL48
JES work: BBS, Blogs, Social Media controversy.
SVC work: My cold drags on, enough to make me misrable but not enough to stop me from working. [Leanna reinstalled the system file in my Mac as it had become corrupted after 14 years.] I completed and posted the four pages of Fed Admiral that I’ve worked on for a week. I did a whole stack of blogs for Jean’s file.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 12:02 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 8 Oct (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 53F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Jeholornis. BBS: 21. Forum: 3. Out box: 57. APOD: evil Republicans deny me the stars! Jigsawdoku 2:14. Web crawl completed at 11am. Lunch: salmon at PCS. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked around 3/4 block. Industry mailing lists: pirates.
Email: Overnight spam 69 plus 34 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 632.
SPP work: CL48.
JES work: Blogs, pirate killing, PAMPER list.
SVC work: I edited a new SFB scenario by Woodall and sent it to Petrick. Worked on CL48 stuff.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 12:03 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 Oct (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:45. Weather: 59F, thin clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Panphagia. BBS: 19. Forum: 3. Out box: 57. APOD: evil Republicans hate space. Jigsawdoku 2:24. Web crawl completed at 10:41. Lunch: turkey at Furr’s. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked 3/4 block.
Email: Overnight spam 60 plus 44 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 630.
Events: We played the first four-player Castellan game and asked Steve Jackson for the third set to play with six players. Leanna won with 57 points; Jean was second with 51. They would have tied except that Jean showed Leanna how to score 6 extra points on her final move.
Customer Request Wednesday: Did some graphics, found a file; stuff somebody wanted.
SPP work: CL48
JES work: wave of fake BBS people, shopping cart, recruited FC battlegroups, helped Simone, did art for Star Fleet Alert, created PDFs for Academy upload, advertised HF/Comm.
SVC work: I finished Communique and sent it to Simone, who uploaded that and Hailing Frequencies. QARF sorted the SFG entries. Did the alert for PDFs. Did the stuff so Jean can upload Academy as a PDF.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation