Archive through November 25, 2013

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through November 25, 2013
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 07:12 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 4 Nov (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:45. Weather: 48F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: origins of birds. BBS: 15. Forum: 5. Out box: 65. APOD: eclipse. Jigsawdoku 2:31. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: turkey at Furrís. Read FYEO for 29 and 30.
Email: Two days of spam 144 plus 65 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 640.
SPP work: CL48.
JES work: Interns, customer forum support, deleted 5 fake people on BBS, blogs for the week.
SVC work: Catching up Email, blogs, Hailing Frequencies.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 07:13 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 5 Nov (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:18. Weather: 54F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Sauropod tracks. BBS: 11. Forum: 3. Out box: 63. APOD: Kepler 78b. Jigsawdoku 2:39. Web crawl completed at 4:16. Lunch: BBQ at Dyerís. Read FYEO for 31, 1, 2. Exercise: walked around the block with Markie and Jean. Industry mailing lists: Interns.
Email: Overnight spam 75 plus 20 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 643.
JES work: Assisting people with BBS access. Deleted 8 fake people from the BBS. Hailing Frequencies, Communique.
SVC work: Communique 95.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 07:16 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 6 Nov (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:30 after having two skin cancer biopsies (no big deal). Weather: 43F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Deinocheirus. BBS: 15. Forum: 5. Out box: 63. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:07. Web crawl completed at 2:25. Lunch: roast beef at Marizonís. Read FYEO for 3-4 Nov. Exercise: walked around the full block. Industry mailing lists: Interns. Starlist 48509.
Email: Overnight spam 79 plus 78 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 641.
1PM Staff Meeting: Set priorities: Project Monrovia, find CL48 fiction (if we do, print CL48 in Dec; if we do not, print FC Tactics Manual in Dec; in either case, print the other one in January). After CL48 and FCTM, do FedMSSB.
Customer Request Wednesday: Ranger reward.
JES work: Customer service, BBS support, deleted 11 fake people from BBS. Rangers. Hailing Frequencies. Amazon Kindle research.
SVC work: Project Monrovia.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:46 am: Edit

MY DAY: 7 Nov (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:17. Weather: 40F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Deinocheirus. BBS: 16. Forum: 5. Out box: 63. APOD: eclipise. Jigsawdoku 2:20. Ann Coulter: Obamacare based on lies. Web crawl completed at 4:13. Lunch: chicken salad sandwich at Malcombís. Read FYEO for 5 Nov. Exercise: walked around the block.
Email: Overnight spam 51 plus 87 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 656.
Events: Markie briefly escaped but was recaptured by Jean.
JES work: Artist. FC App. Deleted 10 fake people. Rangers. Proofread communique. Put Battlewagon on DT/WV.
SVC work: Communique 95. Project Monrovia. Checked in with Paul F regarding the 3rd Gen SSDs for SFBOL. Discussion of how to sell individual FC ship cards on the cart.

MY DAY: 8 Nov (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 50F, mostly sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Deinocheirus. BBS: 18. Forum: 4. Out box: 64. APOD: Eclipse. Jigsawdoku 2:17. Web crawl completed at 4:58. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for 6th. Exercise: walked around block.
Email: Overnight spam 64 plus 76 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 659.
Simone put the Fed, Klingon, & Romulan ship cards on cart.
JES work: Facebook problems, advertised CL32. Project Monrovia. Nexus battlewagon articles on DT/WV. Deleted 10 fake BBS people.
SVC work: Project Monrovia. Communique, replaced scenario. Shopping Cart additions.

MY DAY: 9 Nov (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:15. Weather: 44F, mostly sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Distortodon. BBS: 24. Forum: 4. Out box: 64. APOD: Comet Lovejoy. Jigsawdoku 2:37. Web crawl completed at 10:15. Lunch: chicken-pasta at Cheddarís. Read FYEO for 7-8-9 Nov. Exercise: walked around the block. Starlist 42420.
Email: Overnight spam 46 plus 35 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 651.
JES work: BBS spambot issues. Proofreading Hailing Frequencies. Getting battlewagon articles ready for upload. Deleted 10 fake people from BBs.
SVC work: This week blog. Communique. Hailing Frequencies. Project Monrovia.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:47 am: Edit

MY DAY: 10 Nov (Sunday) 2013
Stayed home to rest, fourth Sunday in a row I did not go to the office. I cannot recall if that has ever happened since 1999, maybe it did sometime. I checked the BBS from home. APOD: comet. Exercise: I took Ramses for his weekly patrol of his kingdom. He encountered a fairly large dog (easily three times his weight) and went into attack mode, apparently convinced that if he could whip a Chihuahua, he could whip a Doberman. I managed to scare the dog away before he found out. Later, he had another skirmish with the neighbor cat Cocoa, resulting in my hands being slashed several places.
JES work: Deleted 8 fake people. Publicized HF/Comm. Got a Nexus battlewagon article uploaded.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:47 am: Edit

MY DAY: 11 Nov (Monday, Veteranís Day) 2013
Got to the office at 9:05. Weather: 47F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: baby duckbill. BBS: 17. Forum: 4. Out box: 67. APOD: active sun. Jigsawdoku 2:16. Web crawl completed at 10:46. Lunch: BBQ at Rub Shack. Read FYEO for 10th. Exercise: walked around block, was so tired and sick I had to go lay down for an hour.
Email: Two days of spam 95 plus 67 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 660.
Events: I got sick and went home at 5pm. Getting home, I found Ramses sitting in the front yard glaring across the road at two big dogs. Every time they started toward him, he would hiss and snarl and they would run away. They must have confused him with a mountain lion!
SPP work: CL48
JES work: Blogs. Publicizing battlewagon articles and getting the last of them ready for upload. Publicized the new single ship card sales for FC.
SVC work: Project Monrovia. Artist submission. Helped Simone at the rest of the ship cards to the cart (we missed the DNH and DNLs in Boosters 16-17-18).

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:49 am: Edit

MY DAY: 12 Nov (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:15. Weather: 26F, wind chill is 12F, but at least itís sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Katepensaurus. BBS: 23. Forum: 5. Out box: 64. APOD: Tails of asteroid P5. Jigsawdoku 2:04. Web crawl completed at 2:11. Lunch: turkey at Furrís. Read FYEO for 11-12 Nov. Exercise: walked around block. Industry mailing lists: Kickstarter retailer support. Starlist 45385.
Email: Overnight spam 91 plus 88 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 678.
SPP work: CL48
JES work: Deleted 13 fake people. Project Monrovia. Promoted battlewagon articles and posted more.
SVC work: Project Monrovia.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:50 am: Edit

Sorry, I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 06:09 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 13 Nov (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:15. Weather: 32F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Euparkeria. BBS: 16. Forum: 7. Out box: 64. APOD: Saturn and three other planets in one photo. Jigsawdoku 2:16. Web crawl completed at 10:34. Lunch: prime rib at Saltgrass. Exercise: walked around the block, finding yet another left leg muscle that isnít sore yet. Industry mailing lists: retailers and Kickstarter.
Email: Overnight spam 72 plus 65 during the day.
1PM Staff Meeting: We had cake.
Events: Mongoose and ADB signed a Contract Modification to place ACTA, the 2500s, and Traveller PD under ADB control, maintaining the joint venture while streamlining project work.
Customer Request Wednesday: Answering Mongoose questions and sending the Q&A to Jean, not the guy who asked.
JES work: Dealing with the Monrovia/Mongoose project. Whanging Steve C with a bottle when he asked for an update on Traveller. Deleted 5 take BBS people. Reorganized the JV topics on the BBS.
SVC work: Dealing with the Monrovia/Mongoose project.
Monrovia: Asked Matthew to confirm that all "missing book one ships (MBOS)" were prototyped (they were sent to his old factory). Asked new factory what MBOS prototypes they had. Drafted ACTASF playtest document 0.1 and sent it to Tony. Told Mike West to send his reports on Traveller Core Book.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 06:09 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 14 Nov (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 8:50. Weather: 41F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: hyoid bones in Protoceratops. BBS: 26. Forum: 7. Out box: 64. APOD: spiral galaxy 1097. Jigsawdoku 2:20. Ann Coulter: Obamacare is guaranteed to lose billions to fraud. Web crawl completed at 10:34. Lunch: BBQ at Dyerís. Read FYEO for 13th and 14th. Exercise: walked around the block. Industry mailing lists: retailers and Kickstarter. Starlist Surrey-UK.
Email: Overnight spam 120 plus 43 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 677.
JES work: Monrovia public relations.
SVC work: Did four color images for SFBOL conversions. Asked Paul Franz for update on client that can run 3rd generation ship descriptions.
MONROVIA: Posted updated responses to 2500s, e.g., trading in defective ships, weíll work out something for UK sales but not today. Starting working up the list of MBOS and their status, asking Matthew and Bruce what they know/have. Asked Mongoose about stands. Ordered two HDWs which will eventually be 2500s. Told people who posted various places that I did not only do 1000-page rulebooks but rulebooks of one or two pages as well, and that we were preserving the ACTA system with just some minor tweaks and fixes.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 06:10 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 15 Nov (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:15. Weather: 41F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tracks. BBS: 21. Forum: 3. Out box: 65. APOD: solar spectrum. Jigsawdoku 2:08. Web crawl completed at 10:56. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked around the block.
Email: Overnight spam 118 plus 90 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 683.
Events: SVC made a sign "Consulate of North Carolina" for Jeanís window. Jean took it down and hit SVC in the head with it.
JES work: Traveller. Managing the Mongoose narrative. Helped people get on the BBS. No fake BBS people today, which was very odd.
SVC work: Monrovia project. CL48.
Monrovia Project: 2500: Matthew sent information on the stands he used which are very expensive and take a long time to get. Evaluated the large and small freighter, APT and FT, and shuttlecraft options for further production. TPD: Jean dove into Traveller with Gusto and Elan (two of her staffers). ACTASF: Posted an outline of the drone rule just so people would see Iím not headed for a bigger rulebook and donít want to add record keeping. Posted an alternate fix. Created topics for the damage point issue and the transporter issue.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 06:11 pm: Edit

Consulate Sign

North Carolina Consulate.jpg

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 06:32 pm: Edit

WHANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:47 am: Edit

MY DAY: 16 Nov (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:45. Weather: 64F, windy, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 20. Forum: 7. Out box: 64. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:28. Web crawl completed at 4:41. Lunch: Sandwich from a quickie mart. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 22 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 682.
JES work: Traveller. Photos on Facebook. Deleted 9 fake BBS people.
SVC work: Monrovia, CL48, This week blog.
Monrovia Project: 2500: ordered a jumbo freighter for 24/2500. Posted a photo of a metal Kzinti DN. TPD: Jean worked on this. ACTASF: Furious debate over the drone fixes; I suggested we might end up with two or three rules for different sizes of fleets.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:47 am: Edit

MY DAY: 17 Nov (Sunday) 2013
Got to the office at 3pm. Weather: 71F and sunny.
On this day in 1878, anarchist Giovanni Passannante stabbed King Umberto I of Italy, who wounded his attacker in return, using his dress sword, in the last case of a European royal engaging in hand-to-hand combat.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: baby T-rex. BBS: 17. Forum: 5. Out box: 64. APOD: Comet tails. Jigsawdoku 2:18. Web crawl completed at 5:34. Lunch: we cooked Chili. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked Ramses around his kingdom.
Events: National Geographic says Big Foot is a bear.
Email: Overnight spam 61 plus 7 during the day.
JES work: Worked on traveller and public relations at home. Deleted 4 fake people.
SVC work: Came in for a couple of hours to clear my desk.
Monrovia Project: 2500: Further discussion of freighters. TPD: Jean worked on it at home. ACTASF: Reviewed Tonyís comments on the playtest document, posted it, opened numerous topics to discuss the various issues.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 05:37 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 18 Nov (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:50. Weather: 45F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tracks. BBS: 27. Forum: 7. Out box: 64. APOD: aurora. Jigsawdoku 2:29. Web crawl completed at 10:42. Lunch: turkey at Furrís.
Email: Overnight spam 76 plus 73 during the day.
JES work: Conquest notes. Deleted 6 fake BBS people. Customer support. Marketing on Battletech and Mongoose forums. Blogs. Mike Westís Traveller PD report.
SVC work: Sick al day, didnít get much done
Monrovia Project: 2500: Bruce says he will get home from the tin mine on Thursday and look into what unused masters he has. TPD: Mike West sent reports. ACTASF: Tony working on it.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 05:38 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 19 Nov (Tuesday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:30. Weather: 47F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ajancingenia. BBS: 24. Forum: 7. Out box: 65. APOD: star cluster M15. Jigsawdoku 2:21. Web crawl completed at 10:26. Lunch: sandwich at Malcombís. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked around the block.
Email: Overnight spam 82 plus 43 during the day.
New on e23: Battlewagon Article #2.
Events: Company dinner at Dyerís BBQ.
JES work: Deleted 20 fake BBS people, sent a second article to the PDF download places and advertised it, worked on Traveller, sent Chapter 2 and 3 PDFs to Traveller Team.
SVC work: Worked on CL48 and ACTA/2500 stuff.

MY DAY: 20 Nov (Wednesday) 2013
Got to the office at 10:50 after business school. Weather: 61F, partly cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ajancingenia. BBS: 18. Forum: 7. Out box: 65. APOD: black holes and heavy metals. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Web crawl completed at 4pm. Lunch: With Leanna and Petrick taking the day off, Jean and I tried a new deli, which was very good. Read FYEO for today Exercise: walked around the block and unloaded a truck.
Email: Overnight spam 117 plus 100 during the day.
Events: Presidential Medals of Freedom for 2013.
Customer Request Wednesday: Reviewed two new scenarios and rejected both.
SPP work: Took the day off.
JES work: Mongoosers. Deleted 9 fake BBS people. Traveller (aliens in chapter 2, sent out chapter 4.)
SVC work: Mongoose stuff, CL48 stuff, strategic planning. (We wonít ship CL48 until mid-January and that changes things.)

MY DAY: 21 Nov (Thursday) 2013
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 57F, partly cloudy. By 11am, temperature had dropped to freezing as storm rolled in.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tails. BBS: 18. Forum: 6. Out box: 53. APOD: rocket trail, not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:22. Ann Coulter: Alec Baldwin(?). Web crawl completed at 3:19. Lunch: BBQ at Rub Shack. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: too cold outside so Jean made me walk the same distance inside.
Email: Overnight spam 90 plus 20 during the day.
JES work: Traveller chapters 2-3-4. Deleted 5 fake people. Started to deal with Mongoose Infantry.
SVC work: Working on 2500 production schedule, CL48.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 05:39 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 22 Nov (Friday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 22F, cloudy, but no snow. It was bitterly cold all day.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: new allosaurus. BBS: 36. Forum: 5. Out box: 52. APOD: Pleiades. Jigsawdoku 2:24. Web crawl completed at 4:48. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for today
Email: Overnight spam 83 plus 70 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 690.
SPP work: CL48, customer questions.
JES work: Traveller, deleting 7 fake people, got the old SFB pocket edition uploaded to various download sites & publicized.
SVC work: Working on 2500 schedule.
Monrovia Project: 2500: Major staff meeting to determine procedures for replacing defective, incorrect, or missing ships and ships owed to Mongoose Infantry. TPD: Jean was working on Chapter 5. ACTASF: Tony is testing a new drone rule.

MY DAY: 23 Nov (Saturday) 2013
Got to the office at 9:45. Weather: 32F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Permian extinction. BBS: 22. Forum: 2. Out box: 47. APOD: comet. Jigsawdoku 2:05. Web crawl completed at 2:31. Lunch: salad and sandwich at Jasonís. Read FYEO for today.
Email: Overnight spam 64 plus 20 during the day.
Events: It started snowing at 2pm and the three women all left to go home. The boys left at 4pm by which time the roads were snow-packed ski slopes.
JES work: Traveller.
SVC work: CL48, fiction, traveller, 2500s.

MY DAY: 24 Nov (Sunday) 2013
I stayed home because of the snow and bad roads. I could have easily made it to the office, but the risk of some idiot doing a car-cartwheel in front of me was bad enough I just read books and watched tivo and checked the BBS from the iPad. APOD: old comet picture. Leanna cooked steak & potatoes. Jean deleted 12 fake people from the BBS.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 05:41 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 25 Nov (Monday) 2013
Got to the office at 12:20. Weather: 34F, cloudy, streets are wet with rare ice patches, sidewalks & grass covered with snow.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: theropod. BBS: 22. Forum: 4. Out box: 47. APOD: spiral galaxy 4921. Jigsawdoku 2:19. Web crawl completed at 4pm. Lunch: steak and eggs at PCS. Read FYEO for yesterday and today.
Email: two days of spam 179 plus 52 during the day.
Events: No more snow, and the streets were clear, but you did not want to drive in rush hour due to idiots having wrecks, so we left early because once rush hour starts it isnít over until after dark and we donít want to be driving on ice in the dark.
JES work: Traveller, deleting fake people, customer service.
SVC work: Mostly catching up on email during the few hours he was here because of the weather. Did the THIS WEEK blog. Why we canít do FJ ships (and may have no reason to anyway).
Monrovia: Got a bunch of info from Matthew on 2500s. Jean working on traveller. ACTASF turn mode discussion.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation