Archive through April 02, 2014

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through April 02, 2014
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 10:37 am: Edit

MY DAY: 6 March (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:10. Weather: 44 F, clear skies
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: fossil feather color. BBS: 16. Forum: 2. Out box: 47. APOD: Stardust nebula NGC 1331. Jigsawdoku 2:21. Ann Coulter: the foreign policy disasters of Democrat presidents. Web crawl completed at 9:30. Lunch: somewhere in Lubbock. Exercise: walking around museums.
Email: Overnight spam 64.
Events: Jean, Leanna, and I took the day off and drove to Lubbock to see museums, a penguin exhibit, a prairie dog town, and my alma mater.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD update.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:15 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 7 March (Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:25. Weather: 59F, a few distant clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: feather pigment. BBS: 16. Forum: 3. Out box: 47. APOD: boring skyline. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: tried to have BBQ at BF but it was awful so they brought me roast beef instead. Exercise: took Ramses for a 45 minute bunny hunt.
Email: Overnight spam 237 plus 144 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 735.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book (R1 finished).
JES work: Contacted Adam about CL48 art. Got FC RRB ready for upload to DT/WV. Rangers, conventions, proofread Communique. Continuing w23 fiasco.
SVC work: Sent Simone stuff for Hailing Frequencies. Did the new ship and scenario for Communique 99, and the rest of Communique 99.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:16 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 8 March (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 32F. cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: digging theropods. BBS: 17. Forum: 0. Out box: 50. APOD: Martian landscape. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: pork chop at Texas Roadhouse.
Email: Overnight spam 33 plus 20 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 733.
Events: Joel stopped by for a visit.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book revision.
JES work: Prepper FC rulebook for upload to DT/WV. Demo and convention stuff for HF. Proofreading CL48SF, replacement CO notes, MIT article.
SVC work: Did 54 color backgrounds for SFBOL 3rd Generation ship descriptions, enough for them to do 300 of them. Went through fiction submissions looking for something for CL49 and CL50. Reset the office management system. Wrote the THIS WEEK blog.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:17 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 March (Sunday) 2014
Got to the office at 4:40. Weather: 62F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: dino movies. BBS: 15. Forum: 0. Out box: 55. APOD: another of those mysterious holes in Mars. Lunch: Leanna cooked turkey. Exercise: 10 minute walk with Isis, 30 minute rabbit hunt with Ramses.
Email: Overnight spam 31 plus 20 during the day.
JES work: Deleted 5 fake BBS people. Customer service.
SVC work: I came in for an hour or two to clear email.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:17 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 10 March (Monday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 53F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: birds lost their teeth. BBS: 18. Forum: 1. Out box: 54. APOD: dark matter. Jigsawdoku 2:22. Web crawl completed at 4pm. Lunch: burger at IDK; the french fries were greasy and made me sick. Read FYEO for 6-7-8-9-10 March. Exercise: none due to leg injury. Industry mailing lists: Amazon slashes book royalties without negotiation or escalation. Starlist 21043.
Email: Overnight spam 49 plus 80 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 744.
Events: Communique #99 posted, Hailing Frequencies sent.
New on Drive Thru: Federation Commander Reference Rulebook. We plan to add one product (already on w23) to DT/WV every week until the two systems equalize.
SPP work: Hailing Frequencies. Proofread CL48SF. Proofread MIT article. Advanced Missions SSD book. Quality check of 2500 minis. Checked new product assembly line.
JES work: Hailing Frequencies, blogs for the week, uploaded FedComm rulebook to DriveThru, sent emails to the 915 people who had downloaded First Missions, publicized the FC rulebook, continued working with warehouse 23 to resolve issues, reached out to Adam to get the art done, publicized HF and Communique, dealt with bounded HF emails.
SVC work: QCed several hundred 2500 series minis that just arrived. Approve Haling Frequencies. Finished Communique. Met with Simone and Mike about getting videos done. Finished the article on the design of SFB for the book that MIT press is doing. Explained to Simone the concept that you cannot abuse the customer audience with your personal soapbox that is unrelated to the company’s mission.
I drove Jean crazy with a bogus comment that I had done four very political videos and put them in the company file on Youtube (of course I’d never do such a thing). Unfortunately, Leanna (in on the gag) cracked a smile and Jean figured out that it had not actually been done.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:50 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 11 March (Tuesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 52F, partly cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Koumpiodontosuchus. BBS: 21. Forum: 2. Out box: 54. APOD: Rosette nebula. Web crawl completed at 5:12. Lunch: porkchops at YB. Read FYEO for today. Starlist 06340.
Email: Overnight spam 54 plus 54 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 739.
SPP work: Did QC on a lot of 2400 minis. Worked on updating AM SSD book, halfway through Feds.
JES work: First QC lesson. Pirate sinking. W23 issues. Customer service, BBS defense.
SVC work: Did QC on a lot of 2400 minis. Did another reserve blog for Jean’s stash. Sent SFBOL the Batch 5 art.
Smapro List: Reviewed new metal 2500 Kzinti DN and asked Bruce if he can replace the missing phasers. Reviewed the new metal three-piece King Eagle and told Bruce to have a production mold made and run off the first batch. (Smapro = Small Projects.)

MY DAY: 12 March (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 36F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: ankylosaur. BBS: 24. Forum: 2. Out box: 53. APOD: rotating sun video. Jigsawdoku 2:39. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: corned beef at Cracker Barrel. Exercise: walked around half block. Starlist 45236; cross-checked Georgia.
Email: Overnight spam 45 plus 58 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 748.
1PM Staff Meeting: Discussed CL48 cover, press schedule,
Events: Adam sent the CL48 cover art.
Customer Request Wednesday: Stratcon image sent.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD update.
JES work: CL48 cover, marketing sign, CL48SF, started proofreading a story that might or might not go into CapLog.
SVC work: Sent SFBOL the Batch 6 art. The art came in for the CL48 cover, which theoretically meant we could go to press in 7 days, but there were interesting complications. Mike only works Monday and Tuesday so we had to get the covers no later than Monday night the 17th, but the cover wasn’t quite ready (had to finalize the back cover and recolorize the logos on the front cover), plus we had to have Simone do the advertising thing that goes on the same sheet of cardstock. I am holding my breath that the printer can deliver on that schedule, because if not, it means things will take longer.

MY DAY: 13 March (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:38 after taking Leanna to Sam’s Club to stock up on office supplies. Weather: 43F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 20. Forum: 4. Out box: 49. APOD: M63 sunflower galaxy. Jigsawdoku 2:18. Ann Coulter: Rinos are far more conservative than the Tea Party says they are. Web crawl completed at 5:18. Lunch: turkey at Furr’s. Read FYEO for 12-13 March. Exercise: walked the dog around the half-block. Starlist 85295; cross checked Wyoming and Idaho.
Email: Overnight spam 46 plus 40 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 735.
Events: City of Amarillo power wash truck showed up to wash the graffiti off of the Masonic Lodge next door. No graffiti on our building (knock on wood!).
SPP work: Advaned Missions SSD update.
JES work: Checking Advaned Missions SSD updates. Marketing, Customer support.
SVC work: Worked on the big announcement in Communique #100. Took Simone over to approve the proofs. Leanna brought a cake for no real reason.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 06:30 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 14 March (Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 50F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Ankylosaur osteoderms. BBS: 23. Forum: 2. Out box: 49. APOD: polar ring galaxy 2685. Jigsawdoku 2:36. Web crawl completed at 10:25. Lunch: BBQ at BF, much better than last week. Read FYEO for today. Exercise: walked around half block with Wolf. Industry mailing lists: People want $30 an hour to edit RPG/Wargames for grammar, spelling, and readability. I’m in the wrong business. Jean thinks we could make money editing college papers, but reminds me not to write them for the students. Starlist 89081; cross-checked Utah.
Email: Overnight spam 49 plus 67 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 739.
New on DriveThru: Captain’s Log #2.
SPP work: Klingon SSDs for Advanced Missions.
JES work: Checking SSDs for AdvMis. Uploaded CL#2 to DT/WV, publicized it on BGG, SCN, FB, Twitter, Forum, BBS.
SVC work: Did the alert for CL48. Worked on the FLAP list.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 06:30 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 15 March (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:50. Weather: 55F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: mosasaur. BBS: 15. Forum: 3. Out box: 47. APOD: old NASA junk. Jigsawdoku 2:24. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: awful pizza. Read FYEO for today. Starlist 10310; cross-checked Vermont.
Email: Overnight spam 17 plus 6 during the day.
SPP work: Klingon SSDs for Advanced Missions.
JES work: Proofread CL48SF, checked SSDs for AM, deleted fake people from the BBS.
SVC work: CL48 final items and FLAP list.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 06:31 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 16 March (Sunday) 2014
Got to the office at 4:30. Weather: 48F, clear.
Daily Routine: BBS: 16. Forum: 2. Out box: 47. APOD: Antennae Galaxies collide. Web crawl completed at 5pm. Lunch: Leanna cooked steak & potatoes. Exercise: 30 minute hunt with Ramses.
Email: Overnight spam 37 plus 2 during the day.
JES work: Customer service from home.
SVC work: Came in to clear up my desk.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 06:32 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 17 March (Monday, St Patrick’s Day) 2014
Got to the office at 10:20. Weather: 49F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: bird origins. BBS: 16. Forum: 3. Out box: 48. APOD: silly. Jigsawdoku 2:21. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots at Cracker Barrel.
Email: Overnight spam 47 plus 48 during the day.
Events: Covers for CL48 and ATL were deliverde.
Marketing Monday: Alert was sent out.
Check in with Artists: Adam said art would be here any minute but when I went home it still wasn’t. If the art is here tomorrow morning first thing, we can still (barely) make the schedule.
SPP work: Checking CL48 and AdvMis Fed SSDs.
JES work: Checking CL48 and doing AdvMis Klingon SSDs.
SVC work: CL48 final fixes and PDF generation. Could not finish as the promised interior art never showed up. A very frustrating day, all in all. Exhausted, I went home at 5:30pm.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:25 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 18 March (Tuesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 53F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 14. Forum: 1. Out box: 48. APOD: cosmic microwave map. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: the best roast beef I have ever had in my life at Youngblood’s. Exercise: walked around the half block.
Email: Overnight spam 53 plus 105 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 739.
Events: The interior art came in and we finally finished CL48 and started printing.
SPP work: Checking CL48.
JES work: Checking CL48 and CL48SF. Dealing with somebody who opted into the alert list then complained when he got an alert. Preparing Simone for her interview. Marketing ATL and the CLog sale. Deleting three fake BBS people.
SVC work: Inserted the final pieces of Adam’s interior art and printed the history section for proofreading. Made final fixes to Table of Contents, F&E, Artist list, and History. Kudos to Chuck Strong who called from Italy with the last fix to F&E. Simone had to replace a graphic which was being a problem, only to be expected as it was the picture of the Evil Artifact Entity That Eats Souls. We had a "stop the presses moment" when (in the act of handing Jean the stack of finished pages) I noticed a typo in the table of contents; Leanna graciously let us fix it. I set up the file for one chapter of CL49 and starting putting stuff in it.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:26 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 19 March (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 36F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: birds, bones. BBS: 17. Forum: 4. Out box: 49. APOD: Equinox Video. Jigsawdoku 2:00. Web crawl completed at 10:08. Lunch: seafood fettuccini Alfredo. Starlist 85023.
Email: Overnight spam 62 plus 143 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 737.
Events: First shipments of CL48 and ATL to wholesalers.
Customer Request Wednesday: Wall of honor updates for Petrick, Franz, Curtis, Riley, Thomas, Thirache, Strong, Sparks.
SPP work: Advanced Missions Klingon SSDs. Trimmed books and helped get wholesaler orders out.
JES work: checked CL48 stuff, worked with Simone to upload CapLog web pages. Marketing CL48 and ATL.
SVC work: CL48 Flap List (Just released alert, posted F&E Q&A/R&R, told Simone how to update the schedule and just released pages, sent Simone stuff to update the CapLog page and Starline page, sent Simone the starlist page; sent Jean the art for use on Faceobook; made editing fixes to Supplemental File and sent it for upload.) Got asked an FC question nobody had asked before and in the process of answering it, compiled all of the Q&A back to 2011.

MY DAY: 20 March (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:05. Weather: 50F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Anzu. BBS: 15. Forum: 4. Out box: 56. APOD: useless. Jigsawdoku 2:30. Ann Coulter: for over 40 years, the NY times reports every month that younger Republicans are liberal on social issues, so why do they never vote that way? Web crawl completed at 4:57. Lunch: roast beef at PCS. Read FYEO for 16-17-18-19-20 March. Starlist 78586. Cross Checked Kansas.
Email: Overnight spam 68 plus 108 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 732.
SPP work: dealing with telephone repair people at home. Worked on Advanced Missions SSD update.
JES work: Customer service, Marketing for CL48 and ATL, uploading CL48SF.
SVC work: Flap list. Dealing with roof repair at warehouse.
Wall of Honor updates: West, Leanna, Jean, Brooks, SVC, Markie, Simone, Hantke, Knight.
Events: Steve Cole & Jean Sexton spent nearly two hours on TalkShoe about the company and CL48.

MY DAY: 21 March (Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 57F, a few clouds.
Daily Routine: BBS: 16. Forum: 3. Out box: 52. APOD: waste of time. Jigsawdoku 2:11. Web crawl completed at 12:38. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Exercise: walked around the half block; when I got home I took Ramses for a 20 minute patrol of his kingdom. Starlist 77373; cross-checked Nebraska; sent 6 update requests to Iowa players (3 bounced, 1 dropped out).
Email: Overnight spam 83 plus 153 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 735.
SPP work: Klingon SSDs for AdvMis14 finished and given to Jean. Reports from R1 SSDs processed. Helped with orders.
JES work: Uploaded CL48SF, publicized it, office work.
SVC work: Worked on the FLAP list. Got a tactical primer and processed it for possible future use.
Wall of Honor Updates (Bronze Stars): Thomas Mathews, Scott Moellmer, Ryan Opel, Matthew Sprange, Art Trotman, Adam Turner, Andy Vancil.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:27 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 22 March (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 9;25. Weather: 35F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: bones. BBS: 14. Forum: 4. Out box: 50. APOD: sand dunes of Mars. Web crawl completed at 2pm. Lunch: turkey sandwich at Malcomb’s.
Email: Overnight spam 24 plus 5 during the day.
SPP work: Large print edition. Trimmed books. Helped with shipments. Worked on Advanced Missions SSD update.
JES work: Large print edition. Analyzing W23 sales report.
SVC work: Spent all day on the FLAP list, finishing the LPE.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:27 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 23 March (Sunday) 2014
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 33F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tracks. BBS: 16. Forum: 1. Out box: 53. APOD: artist rendering of black hole. Web crawl completed at 10am. Lunch: Leanna cooked roast. Exercise: took Ramses for a 20 minute walk.
Email: Overnight spam 8 plus 2 during the day.
JES work: customer service.
SVC work: Came in for a few hours to clear my desk. Did the THIS WEEK blog.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:28 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 24 March (Monday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 46F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Anzu Wyliei. BBS: 16. Forum: 1. Out box: 52. APOD: aurora. Jigsawdoku 2:26. Web crawl completed at 10:39. Lunch: BBQ at Dyer’s. Starlist 25271, 75245; cross-checked Pennsylvania & Louisiana; sent 5 update emails to older entries in Massachusetts and 5 to Wisconsin (bounces 1; renewals 1).
Email: Overnight spam 85 plus 84 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 744.
Events: Meetings to discuss two products that dropped out of space and will soon be uploaded to PDF download sites (color tournament SSDs for SFB and Magellanic playtest pack for FC).
SPP work: Advanced Missions R1 and R2 reports. Checked wholesaler orders.
JES work: Blog, F&E sent to DT/WV, did publicity, set up categories on Drive Thru.
SVC work: Wall updates for O’Carroll, Kazinski, Kast, Goodrich, Fulton, Frazier, Downing, Berg, Bampton, Bergen, Plana, Sickels, Tenhoff, Davies, Knipfer, Rardain, Filsinger, Graw, Chapel, Stec, Kenny Thomas. FLAP list: updated Text catalog and GGIC database, did Freebie list.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 01:28 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 25 March (Tuesday) 2014
Got to the office at 9am. Weather: 34F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: turtle. BBS: 24. Forum: 2. Out box: 55. APOD: Orion nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:23. Web crawl completed at 3:49. Lunch: hot roast beef at YB. Read FYEO for 21-25 March. Starlist: Germany, Austria, Oklahoma; cross-checked Florida, Arkansas, Maryland; sent 5 update emails to Georgia and Florida.
Email: Overnight spam 63 plus 100 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 748.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD revision. Worked with a fiction author to get a story moving. Checked outgoing shipments.
JES work: Hailing Frequencies 100, Rangers, Blogs.
SVC work: Review of FC Magellanic playtest Pack. Wall of Honor updates, mostly on multi-people pages. Simone posted updates for Berg, Bergen, Bampton, Downing, Frazier, Fulton, Goodrich, Kast, Tenhoff, Marsh, Plana, Sickels, Stec, Graw, Chapel, Filsinger, Burnside, Rardain, Knipfer, K-Thomas. Teeth cleaned at dentist. Sent Simone everything for the April Communique.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:00 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 26 March (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:30. Weather: 40F, cloudy, rain.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: bones. BBS: 18. Forum: 3. Out box: 55. APOD: M78 blue nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:41. Web crawl completed at 3pm. Lunch: enchiladas at LF. Starlist 98382, 98032, 95340, 96003 (with so many from Jean’s last campaign, I fell back on the old plan of doing all of one section per day); cross-checked Arizona; sent 5 update emails to Colorado.
Email: Overnight spam 96 plus 80 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 737.
Events: It rained in Amarillo!
Customer Request Wednesday: changes to wall update.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book. Worked with graphics for FMSSB. Did a blog.
JES work: Deleted Fake BBS people, updated company listing on TMP.
SVC work: Wall updates: Bakija, Cookson, Wyszynski, Blank, Calhoon, 20 individuals. Did first review of Gary Carney’s FedCom Magellanic Playtest Pack; sent him a short list of needed revisions and (after consulting with Jean) directed Simone to create a cover for the eBook. Did the first and second steps for the FFB (7 illustrations) under a new plan to get the art done for the Fed MSSB so it can be released. Wrote another couple of blog items.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:00 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 27 March (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 59F, blowing dirt.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Megalosaur. BBS: 24. Forum: 1. Out box: 56. APOD: galaxy cluster. Jigsawdoku 2:36. Ann Coulter: Obamacare. Web crawl completed at 2:03. Lunch: very bad roast beef at PCS. Starlist Germany, Kentucky, England; cross-check Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi; 5 update emails sent to Florida (all bounced).
Email: Overnight spam 58 plus 101 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 739.
SPP work: Master Starship Graphics; Advanced Missions SSD update, proofreading communique. Checked orders.
JES work: Proofreading communique. TMP profile. Stuff for Haling Frequencies. Proofreading medal pages.
SVC work: Wall updates for Orsini, McKee, Belflower, Evans, Gray, Harding, Baker Green, Novean; all Rangers; and all but the last four individuals (who are new entries). Sent the first, second, and third multi-person pages to Jean for review; two of them went to Simone. Did nine police variant illustrations for FMSSB. Did the ship and scenario for Communique 100.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:01 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 28 March (Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:20. Weather: 60F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Antetonitrus. BBS: 18. Forum: 1. Out box: 56. APOD: galaxy leaving smoke trail. Jigsawdoku 2:22. Web crawl completed at 5:31. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read Starlist 75034, 08060; cross-checked Oklahoma and Pennsylvania (eliminating two duplicates); 5 update emails sent to Wisconsin (2 bounced).
Email: Overnight spam 77 plus 95 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 748.
SPP work: Finished Romulan SSDs for AdvMis14. Started Kzintis. Checked orders. Inserted FFB art after having SVC correct the size.
JES work: Frustrating day with little accomplished Blocked from uploading eMRB to DT because of error on cover Simone will fix Monday. Checked on a website that someone suggested but it doesn’t allow us to market SFU so she didn’t join. Discovered major error in Century project that derailed a lot of work that was planned. Checked Wall of honor pages that Simone won’t upload for a week due to backlog.
SVC work: Put the last medals on the last pages. Finished multi-person page 3-4-5 and gave 4-5-6 to Jean. Made the fixes to communique and sent it to the staff.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:01 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 29 March (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:42. Weather: 55F, sunny.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: tracks. BBS: 16. Forum: 1. Out box: 57. APOD: skyview. Jigsawdoku 2:17. Web crawl completed at 0:50. Lunch: hamburger steak at YB. Starlist 27604; cross-checked Maryland, Virginia, Both Carolinas; sent 5 updates.
Email: Overnight spam 20 plus 4 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 743.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book.
JES work: Customer service, marketing, medal pages.
SVC work: Reset the office management system. Finished MM page 6-7; sent 7-8 to Jean. Did the THIS WEEK blog. Flap List. Worked on 2500s trying to move something forward.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 06:27 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 30 March (Sunday) 2014
Got to the office at 2:40. Weather: 80F, cloudy, windy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Hungarian pterosaurs. BBS: 17. Forum: 1. Out box: 57. APOD: Io in true color. Jigsawdoku 2:25. Web crawl completed at 3:58. Lunch: Leanna cooked pork chops. Exercise: walked Rambo 30 minutes, Wolf 20 minutes. Starlist 80922; cross-checked NM, NV, CA, HA, WA, AK, OH (all 50 states now complete).
Email: Overnight spam 30 plus 10 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 705.
JES work: Customer Service.
SVC work: Came in for an hour to clean up my desk, did some starlist things while here, updated the 2500 project status and discussed progress with Tony.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation