Archive through April 26, 2014

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Company-Conventions-Stores-Ideas: About the Company: Company weblog: Archive through April 26, 2014
By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 06:27 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 31 March (Monday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:05. Weather: 62F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Theropod from Luxembourg. BBS: 22. Forum: 1. Out box: 55. APOD: VP113, new planet (outermost in solar system). Jigsawdoku 2:41. Web crawl completed at 10:48. Lunch: sandwich at Dyers. Read FYEO for 26-31 March. Industry mailing lists: GTS. Starlist 99206.
Email: Overnight spam 52 plus 129 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 708.
Events: Gary Carney sent in a revised FC Omega pack which we will soon upload and offer in hard copy.
SPP work: Checked 2500 prototypes. Reviewed which SSD books have Crawford Boxes and thus can be uploaded. Worked on Advanced Missions SSD book upgrade to B4N standard. Working with fiction. Checked orders. Marked up graphics for FMSSB Fed DWs so SVC can do them.
JES work: Medal pages, Blogs, prepping eMRB for upload.
SVC work: Orion BC-2500 and BCH-2500 approved to go to prototype. Discussed 2500s with Matthew. New Orion DN-2500 designs received and posted on BBS. Matthew said six ships are going to prototype company tomorrow. Tracked down the missing Kzinti NCA masters and prodded them to move. Sent Matthew the details for the Augmented BATs. Approved Tholian DN-2500 prototype to go to master mold. I sent Simone wall updates for eight individuals; Jean and I pounded through 3 more MPPs.
Simone posted wall updates for Markie, Dillman, Sledge, Stevenson, Bartley, O'Carroll, Kazinski, Eitzen, Merritt, McCammon, Carney. She updated the Text Catalog.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 06:28 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 1 April (Tuesday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:45. Weather: 42F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: methane. BBS: 23. Forum: 1. Out box: 54. APOD: NASA baloney wasting time. Jigsawdoku 2:18. Web crawl completed at 1:46. Lunch: Dyerís BBQ. Read Exercise: walk, the longest in a year. Starlist Toronto, Alabama. Simone sent 2 Starlist update emails to Colo.
Email: Overnight spam 44 plus 113 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 704.
Events: We announced the Century Series Products. Reaction was stupendous.
Miniatures Status Check Day: Memo updated. Six ships have been sent to prototype; Stands were ordered.
SPP work: Kzinti SSDs for AdvMis.
JES work: Categories for Wargame Vault, uploaded eMRB to DriveThru; did publicity.
SVC work: Finished communique. Updated FC Scenario Index and sent that to Simone. Did the Minis check in memo. Did 14 graphics for Fed DWs for the FMSSB.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 06:28 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 2 April (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 2:20. Weather: 80F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: pterosaurs. BBS: 24. Forum: 4. Out box: 55. APOD: wasted time. Jigsawdoku 2:42. Web crawl completed at 5pm. Lunch: awful. Starlist no requests on file.
Email: Overnight spam 61 plus 77 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 704.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book update.
JES work: Figuring out why sales on w23 are messed up. Marketing, customer service.
SVC work: Had skin cancer cut out of my arm, and got a haircut, thatís why I was so late. Routine email including a lot of 2500 stuff. Posted new 2500 Orion DN CGIs. Sent Simone 20 more addresses for Starlist update and four more MPPs for WoH.
Simone posted who updates for Harding, Green, Novean, Belflower, Bakija, Baker, four MPPs. She sent out 20 starlist update emails, 4 of which bounced back as unfound.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:26 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 3 April (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 8:45. Weather: 42F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Mosasaur. BBS: 20. Forum: 3. Out box: 58. APOD: star forming region. Jigsawdoku 2:08. Ann Coulter: immigration. Web crawl completed at 10:32. Lunch: Burger at Buns over Tx. Starlist no requests; sent 20 addresses to Simone to send update emails.
Email: Overnight spam 59 plus 61 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 709.
SPP work: CL49 battlegroup instructions. Fed Frigate graphics for MSSB.
JES work: categories on WV/DT. Helping Leanna with invoices backlog. Writing ads for PDF sales. Back cover for LMC. Deleted six fake BBS people. Helped get Battlegroups posted.
SVC work: First thing, I did 18 Frigates images for Petrickís FMSSB project. Always start the day designing something if you can! Did four more MMPs and gave them to Jean, sent pages 9-12 to Simone. Sent Simone cover art for the FC magellanic playtest pack. Worked on FC Reference Ship Chart.
Simone sent starlist emails and did some other stuff.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:26 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 4 April (Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:20. Weather: 48F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: track shape variations. BBS: 20. Forum: 2. Out box: 55. APOD: veil nebula (would be a great background for a game cover). Jigsawdoku 2:10. Web crawl completed at 2:12. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Exercise: walked Wolf around the block. Starlist three updates in Connecticut and one in New Jersey; gave Simone the last addresses from the 2xxxx File.
Email: Overnight spam 151 plus 128 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 708.
Events: Orion BC, BCH, CA, DW; Fed CAR; Klingon D7K sent to prototype. Stranger by our cars alarmed Wolf.
SPP work: Gorn SSDs for AdvMis14.
JES work: Drive Through uploads, WofH updates.
SVC work: Updated Starship Registry. Added term paper pins to all WofH MPPs (5 or more). Met with people about new credit card contract. Updated four WofH MPPs and sent them to Simone to post, printed next 4 for Jean. Did 16 Federation DD variant drawing for MSSB; sent Petrick the FF drawings.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 09:27 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 5 April (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:45. Weather: 51F, windy, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Nanavut. BBS: 18. Forum: 2. Out box: 56. APOD: lunar farside. Jigsawdoku 2:17. Web crawl completed at 2:38. Lunch: ham & eggs at NC. Read FYEO for 1-5 April. Starlist 21076; sent Simone 20 update entries from FL.
Email: Overnight spam 40 plus 20 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 708.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD Book, Inserted art. Checked colorized Module D3.
JES work: Marketing, Board Game Geek, PDF sales, sent 922 emails to FC customers on DT/WV.
SVC work: I updated the INDEX OF CAPTAINíS LOG and sent it to Simone, finishing the CL48 FLAP list. Made Petrick fixes to destroyer art and sent 16 pics. Did first round of 12 CL pics. I did the THIS WEEK blog. Fixed 5 MPPs and sent 16-20 to Simone; did 5 more and send them to Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:18 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 6 April (Sunday) 2014
Got to the office at 2:50. Weather: 64F, clear skies. Rain that evening and all night.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Sungeodon. BBS: 18. Forum: 0. Out box: 61. APOD: Endeladus, moon of Saturn. Jigsawdoku 2:16. Web crawl completed at 3:17. Lunch: turkey at Calico. Starlist 94903; sent Simone 9 entries from FL, 10 from AL for updating; moved four more old entries to archive.
Email: Overnight spam 26 plus 2 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 710.
JES work: Customer service.
SVC work: Came in for a few hours so Leanna could do our taxes and I could clean up my desk. Sent an email about what might be a minor APP deal.

MY DAY: 7 April (Monday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 47F, some clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Archaeopteryx wing feathers. BBS: 14. Forum: 0. Out box: 63. APOD: Eclipse from the Moon. Jigsawdoku 2:28. Web crawl completed at 12:19. Lunch: Buns over Texas. Starlist: sent Simone 20 entries to update from TN, KY, MS.
Email: Overnight spam 63 plus 80 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 718.
Events: Got shipment of metal Kzinti DNs (mostly good) and Romulan 3-piece KEs (about 40% bad due to production flaw).
SPP work: Checked packing line; checked in 2500 shipment, reviewed colorized SSD books, Advanced Missions SSD book (line items, new SSDs, art, table of contents).
JES work: Deleted 5 fake people, customer support, blogs, cleaning out 1700 old posts on BBS.
SVC work: Evaluated a proposed new ship and found it so similar to an existing ship there was no need for it. QCed a shipment of 2500s.
Simone work: Posted 12 multi-person pages on the Wall of Honor; sent 40 Starlist update emails.

MY DAY: 8 April (Tuesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:21. Weather: 55F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Pteraichnus. BBS: 23. Forum: 1. Out box: 57. APOD: Orion Nebula. Jigsawdoku 2:35. Web crawl completed at 12:40. Lunch: hot beef at YB. Exercise: working on fence. Starlist; sent Simone 20 entries from Ohio for her to update; she sent out 30 (trying to catch up to what I sent).
Email: Overnight spam 91 plus 74 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 734.
Miniatures Status Check Day: B10, Orion DN, and BATS all need corrections before moving forward. King Eagle 3 has issues that are not resolved and release is not definitely. Kzinti metal DN to be released this week. Tholian PC, DD, CA may have to be scrapped and done over as they wonít cast correctly.
SPP work: Waiting for a plumber who never showed up.
JES work: Facebook throttle issue. Customer Support. Ranel stuff for Traveller. Deleted 650 old posts for BBS cleanup.
SVC work: Conference on price of Kzinti DN and production issues with Romulan KE-3. Errand to get fence repair materials. Made fixes to five MPPs, sent 4 to Simone, did 5 more and sent them to Jean.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:19 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 9 April (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:55. Weather: 64F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 25. Forum: 2. Out box: 2:35. APOD: asteroid with rings. Jigsawdoku 2:35. Web crawl completed at 4:08. Lunch: turkey at Buckhorn. Starlist Qatar; sent 20 more to Simone, who sent out 30 (catching up). Exercise: Leanna and I did two hours of heavy manual labor to repair the fence to the point Ramses can visit the back yard.
Email: Overnight spam 105 plus 54 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 729.
Customer Request Wednesday: Had a request but had to ask the guy just exactly what he wanted.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book. Inserting CLs and NCLS.
JES work: Sunk a pirate. Customer Support. Got old Battlewagon articles packaged for upload to W23.
SVC work: Fixed five WofH MPPs, sent the next 6 to Jean (who brought them back with fixes for me to make); sent 4 of the fixed ones to Simone. Made final fix to CL art for MSSB and sent those 12 to Petrick. Sent initial art for the 22 NCLs to Petrick, who marked fixes; I made the fixes and sent them back; he came back with more fixes which I made. More discussions regarding the 2500 KE3 model that didnít work out. Petrick and I went over to Jeanís place to move some big things and bring some stuff sheís getting rid of back over here.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:19 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 10 April (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:10am. Weather: 68F, 50% clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Mexico. BBS: 15. Forum: 3. Out box: 58. APOD: Mars, Ceres, Vesta. Jigsawdoku 2:05. Ann Coulter: competition. Web crawl completed at 3:51. Lunch: turkey at Cracker Barrell. Exercise: one hour of fence repair work. Industry mailing lists: fan communities. Starlist: requests 0; updates received 3; entries sent to Simone 20; entries sent by Simone 30; entries moved to archive 9.
Email: Overnight spam 82 plus 81 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 727.
SPP work: Advanced Missions SSD book, Garyís questions, Battlegroup issues, blog.
JES work: W23 issues. Color covers for PDFs. Getting Battlewagon articles packaged for PDF upload. DT issues.
SVC work: Further discussions of the King Eagle mess. WofH, fixed five multi-people pages Jean had marked, sent 4 fixed pages to Simone, shuffled six more and gave them to Jean. I worked on fiction for a while.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, April 11, 2014 - 07:20 pm: Edit

MY DAY: 11 April (Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 58F, clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Notohypsilophodon. BBS: 17. Forum: 4. Out box: 57. APOD: Mars. Jigsawdoku 2:12. Web crawl completed at 5:08. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Read FYEO for 6-7 April. Exercise: One hour of work on fence repair. Starlist: requests 0; updates 6; entries sent to Simone 20; entries sent by Simone 28; entries moved to archive 16; duplicates eliminated 1.
Email: Overnight spam 59 plus 56 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 731.
Events: Jean won the poetry contest at U-NC-P which she founded and ran for 14 years. She was previously barred from entering since she was the judge.
SPP work: Gorn tugs. Alliance shipment.
JES work: Deleted 7 fake people and a bunch of spam. Blocked spammer IP addresses. Uploaded battlewagon articles and advertised them.
SVC work: fixed seven WofH MPPs Jean had checked; did the last four and gave them to Jean. Worked on fiction and future products. Reviewed progress on 2500s and on ACTASF1.2.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:28 am: Edit

MY DAY: 12 April (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 8:20. Weather: 59F, a few distant clouds.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 31. Forum: 4. Out box: 53. APOD: useless skyline. Jigsawdoku 2:38. Web crawl completed at 9:42. Lunch: microwaved. Read FYEO for 8-9-10 April. Starlist entries sent to Simone 40.
Email: Overnight spam 36 plus 19 during the day.
SPP drove Jean and Leanna to OKC to see a play.
SVC work: Finished the Wall of Honor. Set up new topics for LMC, Omega, LoEm. Reset the office management system. Did the THIS WEEK blog. Sent 40 starlist entries to Simone.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:29 am: Edit

MY DAY: 13 April (Sunday) 2014
I stayed home to rest and work on the fence. I checked the BBS from home. APOD: Saturn. Lunch: Leanna cooked steak and veggies. Exercise: 45 minute patrol with Ramses.

MY DAY: 14 April (Monday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 28F, cloudy, snowing. All of the snow had melted by mid-afternoon.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Asian Dinos. BBS: 22. Forum: 8. Out box: 60. APOD: globular nebula. Web crawl completed at 1pm. Lunch: steak at Salt Grass. Starlist: request from Netherlands; updates received 3; entries sent to Simone 20; entries sent by Simone 30; entries moved to archive 15.
Email: Overnight spam 98 plus 66 during the day.
Events: Took Isis to the vet for an infection. Sheís fine now.
Simone: Finished updating the Wall of Honor.
SPP work: Advanced Missions, FMSSB, checking orders.
JES work: Blogs, PDF upload schedule meeting, Party to celebrate winning poetry contest,
SVC work: Sent Jean two blogs. Meeting with Petrick to discuss a new ship for CL49, art for FMSSB, and future Omega products. Sent Petrick 22 Fed NCL variant art pieces.

MY DAY: 15 April (Tuesday, Tax Day) 2014
Got to the office at 10:10. Weather: 46F, clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Asia. BBS: 19. Forum: 6. Out box: 56. APOD: worthless waste of time. Jigsawdoku 2:17. Web crawl completed at 1pm. Lunch: roast at YB. Read FYEO for 11-15 April. Exercise: wolf walk around block. Industry mailing lists: World of Darkness MMO cancelled. Starlist: requests 44136; updates received 2; entries sent to Simone 20; entries sent by Simone 28; entries moved to archive 18.
Email: Overnight spam 91 plus 90 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 744.
SPP work: Advanced Missions including reports of SSDs done earlier, FMSSB, checking orders. Did preliminary work for an SSD conversion project.
JES work: Uploaded F&E chartbook, deleted four fake people, customer service, Starlist churning, sunk a pirate, meeting to discuss FCTM formatting.
SVC work: Started NCA art for FMSSB. Updated 2500 status although only Tony had actually done something. Cleared Gary Carney to go invent the "lost empires of Omega" based on what notes still exist from Bruce Grawís hard disk crash. Discussed a possible distribution deal with staff. After being kept from the task by cruel fortune for two weeks, I formatted the test section of the Federation Commander Tactics Manual so we can decide which layout to use. On the way home, I stopped to direct traffic around a bad accident and the sheriff thanked me.

MY DAY: 16 April (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:05. Weather: 57F, Clear skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Bonatitan. BBS: 20. Forum: 7. Out box: 56. APOD: sky view. Jigsawdoku 2:14. Web crawl completed at 3:40. Lunch: turkey at Buckhorn. Exercise: walked a block with Wolf. Starlist: request done 98168; waiting 9; updates received 1; entries sent to Simone 20; entries sent by Simone 60; entries moved to archive 15.
Email: Overnight spam 60 plus 85 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 748.
Customer Request Wednesday:
SPP work: Tholian SSDs for Advanced Missions.
New On Drive Thru: F&E Chartbook. SFB Module T with colorized SSDs.
JES work: Uploading PDF files. Publicizing them.
SVC work: Had nurse remove stitches from my arm. Ordered lumber for fence repair. Meeting to schedule placing Kzinti DN on sale.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:30 am: Edit

MY DAY: 17 April (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:40. Weather: 45F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Pterosaur walking. BBS: 21. Forum: 6. Out box: 47. APOD: eclipse. Jigsawdoku 2:18. Ann Coulter: tea party and immigration issues. Web crawl completed at 1:15. Lunch: chicken at Malcombís. Industry mailing lists: freight forwarding. Starlist: request done 53511, 22315, 17821, 27360; waiting 5; updates received 3; entries sent to Simone 30; entries sent by Simone 0; entries moved to archive 30.
Email: Overnight spam 40 plus 000 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 742.
Events: Matthew reports the new shipment of 2500 stands will arrive on Monday, enough for several years.
SPP work: Tholian SSDs for AdvMissions, reports on Adv Mis SSD book. Reviewed a fiction story. Fed NCAs for FMSSB.
JES work: Fixing the corrupted SSD book upload. Meeting about product line. Sent Klingon Pack 1 to DriveThru and email to 929 customers there. Publicized the uploads.
SVC work: Did two pictures for Jeanís Facebook dragon. Helped some players in Toledo connect. Worked on the new cost structure for 2500s. Created and sent to Paul Franz a bunch of WYN ship cards for PBEM. Fed NCAs for FMSSB.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:30 am: Edit

MY DAY: 18 April (Good Friday) 2014
Got to the office at 11am. Weather: 45F, cloudy.
Event: Issued the new price and distribution plan for the Starline 2500 miniatures (mail order only).
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Gargantuavis. BBS: 15. Forum: 3. Out box: 48. APOD: blood moon. Jigsawdoku 2:21. Web crawl completed at 5:16. Lunch: BBQ at BF. Exercise: loading lumber, walking Wolf, cutting boards for fence. Starlist: requests sent UK-SN, waiting 7; entries sent to Simone 31 (through 75052).
Email: Overnight spam 229 plus 20 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 744.
New on DT: Klingon ship card pack #1
SPP work: Fed MSSB. Advanced Missions SSDs.
JES work: Price changes for 2500s. Uploaded 4th BW article to DT/WV. Customer service, deleted 2 fake people.
SVC work: Sent Petrick 13 NCA graphics for FMSSB. Changed the prices of the 2500s (Simone helped). It was a pretty crazy afternoon as we had to make sure the cart was changed and checked before we sent press releases all over the place. I got my car inspected after a nice policeman pointed out that it was six months overdue.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:31 am: Edit

MY DAY: 19 April (Saturday) 2014
Got to the office at 10:15. Weather: 59F, cloudy.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Diamantinasaurus. BBS: 21. Forum: 3. Out box: 51. APOD: Kepler 186F habitable Earth-size planet. Jigsawdoku 2:20. Web crawl completed at 11am. Lunch: pulled pork at TRH. Industry mailing lists: freight forwarding. Starlist: requests done 44070, 35758, 41101, 37086; waiting; entries sent to Simone 31.
Email: Overnight spam 34 plus 7 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 743.
SPP work: Reports on AdvMisSSD. Tholian pinwheel SSD.
JES work: Managing the 2500 narrative. Module T previews on all PDF sites. CL3 sent to DT/WV. Publicity for PDFs. Sending welcome letters to 15 recent Starlist people. Proofreading the FC Tactics Manual.
SVC work: Started the day cutting boards for the fence. Reset the office management system for next week. I did the THIS WEEK blog. Worked on FC Tactics Manual, finishing Chapter 2.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:42 am: Edit

MY DAY: 20 April (Sunday) 2014
Got to the office at 8:10. Weather: 47F, cloudy, foggy. I just came in to clear off my desk for Monday. I came back later in the day and worked on a few odds and ends.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: bones. BBS: 19. Forum: 4. Out box: 54. APOD: not astronomy. Jigsawdoku 2:15. Web crawl completed at 8:46. Lunch: Leanna cooked pork chops. Exercise: an hour working on the fence, half an hour walking Ramses.
Email: Overnight spam 22 plus 6 during the day.
Steve Cole remembered his late brother, Christopher, who worked for ADB, and would have been 60 today.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:42 am: Edit

MY DAY: 21 April (Monday) 2014
Got to the office at 10am. Weather: 63F, clear blue skies.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Nanotyrannus. BBS: 14. Forum: 4. Out box: 56. APOD: Spiral Galaxy 2841. Jigsawdoku 2:14. Web crawl completed at 10:52. Lunch: haddock at Cracker Barrel. They screwed up Jeanís lunch three times in a row, upsetting her (and the universe) mightily. Read FYEO for 16-20 April. Starlist: requests done 63368, 63130; requests waiting 2; entries sent to Simone 34; entries sent by Simone 50; entries moved to archive 5.
Email: Overnight spam 77 plus 116 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 751.
Events: Hit the bandwidth limit on the site so we upgraded to a higher level and moved Cadet Handbook to the PDF stores.
SPP work: Completed the Advanced Missions SSD book update (except for reports from the staff).
JES work: For the first time ever, Jean left Wolf loose in her office (instead of his crate) during lunchtime. Lunch from hell. Blogs. PDF uploads and promotions. Customer service.
SVC work: Sent Jean three blogs. Paid my ticket for not getting my car inspected on time. Reviewed work by a possible new artist. Discussed minis casting with several experts.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:44 am: Edit

MY DAY: 22 April (Tuesday) 2014
Got to the office at 8:20. Weather: 54F, mostly clear.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: teeth. BBS: 13. Forum: 5. Out box: 59. APOD: El Gordo galaxy cluster. Jigsawdoku 2:28. Web crawl completed at 10:34. Lunch: roast beef at Youngbloods. Exercise: hours working on fence. Starlist: requests done 13090; requests waiting 3; updates received 6; entries sent to Simone 30; entries sent by Simone 40; entries moved to archive 43.
Email: Overnight spam 38 plus 114 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 742.
SPP work: Checking outgoing shipments, routine tasks.
JES work: Starlist follow ups, rangers, customer service.
SVC work: Came in early, did the minis update and some routine tasks that wonít wait, then took the afternoon off to work on replacing the wind-damaged metal on my back yard fence with wooden deck planks to keep Ramses inside the yard. (Mike helped and we did 20 planks in 3 hours; there are 36 more to do.)

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:44 am: Edit

MY DAY: 23 April (Wednesday) 2014
Got to the office at 1pm. Weather: 65F and sunny. It had been cloudy and cool most of the morning, but it reached 75F.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: pliosaurs. BBS: 12. Forum: 3. Out box: 54. APOD: ARP 81, near-miss galaxies teach each other to pieces. Jigsawdoku 2:12. Web crawl completed at 1:38. Lunch: steak at Green Chilli Williís. Exercise: 3 hours of fence work. Industry mailing lists: copyright fees. Starlist: requests done Denver; requests waiting Florida; entries sent to Simone 30,
Email: Overnight spam 92 plus 51 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 746.
SPP work: Fence work. Advanced missions SSDs. Checking outgoing shipments to help Mike.
JES work: Advanced missions SSDs. Sunk pirates.
SVC work: I got up and at 8:30 I was moving tools to the back yard and removing deck screws that had been holding the old metal for years. At 9, Steve Petrick joined me. I took down the first old metal panel (to inspire the troops) and Steve took down the second and third; we also put up the first set of boards. Leanna inspected the job and approved. Mike arrived and was putting up boards while Steve took down the last two metal panels. Thereafter, Steve and Mike worked on the scaffold while I did the ground job (power cords, handing stuff to them, telling them my design, cutting boards for corners) and the job went very quickly. We even did the last panel on the south side. Ramses inspected the work from the window and condemned the whole idea of a Ramses Barrier as anti-cat. We cleaned up, had a nice lunch, and went to the office. I could not have done the job without their help (and the extensive collection of power tools that Mikeís late father left behind). After that, I did minor tasks until somebody sent in a fiction story that intrigued me. I had to rewrite all of the "universe stuff" but the story itself was very good.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:45 am: Edit

MY DAY: 24 April (Thursday) 2014
Got to the office at 9:55. Weather: 55F, clear, over 70F later.
Daily Routine: Dinosaur list: Nanobamus. BBS: 13. Forum: 2. Out box: 58. APOD: meteor shower. Jigsawdoku 2:55. Ann Coulter: Central Park rapists want $5 million each. Web crawl completed at 5pm. Lunch: turkey at Furrís. Starlist: requests done 32931-FL; requests waiting 2; updates received 2; entries sent to Simone 30; entries sent by Simone 66; entries to archive 38.
Email: Overnight spam 60 plus 80 during the day. Email left in in-box at end of the day: 750.
Events: Had some internet issues which may mean one of our routers is burning out.
SPP work: Fed CA art instructions for FMSSB, MSSB annexes and MSC, AdvMisSSD line items.
JES work: Checked Kzinti SSDs. Proofread Abukoff fiction. Proofread FCTM-Chapter 2. Sank 8 pirates.
SVC work: Did the Petrick fixes to the Abukoff fiction story and gave it to Jean. Settled on stylebook for FC TacMan.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation