FC: Scenario Request Line

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Federation Commander: FC: Scenario Request Line
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Archive through August 09, 2007  25   08/17 12:07am
Archive through August 23, 2007  25   08/24 08:53am
Archive through September 10, 2007  25   09/10 07:14pm
Archive through September 13, 2007  25   09/17 03:40pm
Archive through October 14, 2007  25   10/16 09:35am
Archive through February 08, 2008  25   03/05 01:20pm
Archive through March 31, 2008  25   08/05 12:14pm
Archive through July 16, 2009  25   07/21 02:27am
Archive through July 16, 2010  25   07/19 08:29pm
Archive through January 11, 2011  25   01/15 12:46am
Archive through January 19, 2011  25   05/20 04:59pm

If you want a particular SFB scenario converted, list it here by number, name, and product.

If you want to get credit for converting an SFB scenario, look here for ideas.

If you convert an SFB scenario (requested or othewise) and send it to ADB, list it here so others don't waste their time.

If you would like to see a particular kind of scenario, list here what you want and (perhaps) someone in the mood to create a new scenario will be inspired by your request.
By Paul Cordeiro (Ogoptimus) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Mine seem to work as attachments. Using Microsoft Word (old version, not that stupid "where are my menus" 2007 version), I just modify a copy of the .rtf scenario template document from the website.

By Jean Sexton (Jsexton) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 08:48 am: Edit

A lot of times it depends on the computer, the program you use for email, and how your computer and SVC's computer feel at the point of sending/receiving email, I think.

By Michael Tisdel (Jtisdel) on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 01:15 pm: Edit

Finished and submitted today:

SL177 - Emergency Base Removal (from CL #19)

Andromedans defending a satellite base from an ad-hoc task force.

By Garrett Turner (Gar1138) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Just submitted two new scenarios today:

Holdfast Harassment
Frax Submarine Depot

Neither involves tugs, but I figured it would be better to have them on file than not. Thanks,

Garrett

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 04:59 pm: Edit

The thing I need most right now are scenarios using tugs and LTTs. Just about any decent scenario in that regard is going to get used in Transports Attacked.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Steve,

I can work on some this weekend. What is your submission deadline for inclusion in Transports Attacked?

By Terry O'Carroll (Terryoc) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 10:01 pm: Edit

I submitted (six days ago) an FC scenario titled "The Gun Runners" about two LTTs trying to evade the ISC blockade. Hope you got it, if not, will re-send.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 11:31 pm: Edit

Terry, I got it.

Tony: Send it when you can, sooner is better. We're trying to do four products at once, and Transports Attacked is last on the list, so it might not make Origins, or it might, I don't know, but sooner is better and even if you send a tug scenario after TRA comes out, I'll use it in CL44 to promote the product.

By Paul Cordeiro (Ogoptimus) on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Finished and submitted:

SH180 Invincible Under Assault (Module M)
SH74 A Tangled Web (R2)
SL161 The Trojan Freighter III (CL17)
SL167 Excuuuuse Me! (CL17)
SL159 Dance of the D*mned (CL17) - apparently discus considers this a forbidden word since it tries to put all red dots in for it. Sorry if posting it like I did isn't OK.

And two new ones:

Early Infestation – 4 players; Seltorians arrive during Middle Years and face off against Tholians, Klingons, and Feds

Infestation Elimination – 2 players; Klingons hunting down remaining Seltorians after Hive Ship is destroyed

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 01:55 am: Edit

Paul C: did you get my email to confirm your address for CL44?

By Paul Cordeiro (Ogoptimus) on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 10:24 am: Edit

SVC,

Yes I did, and I did send a reply last night. Thanks.

By Paul Cordeiro (Ogoptimus) on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Finished and submitted:

SG50 Black Hole Mania (Module S2)

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 02:22 pm: Edit

Hmmm. I did and submitted Black Hole Mania when I did the black hole rules.

I thought that one had already been published.
Oh well.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 02:27 pm: Edit

Has it? That's how screwed up my record keeping system for scenarios is. When somebody asked for it, I could not find it had ever been done or submitted and asked Paul to do it. If it was done, where? I'm probably missing a chunk of index entries in that same spot.

By Tony L Thomas (Scoutdad) on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 03:07 pm: Edit

It may not have been printed. I just remember doing it along with the Black Hole rules.

I know we've played it several times in FC, but it could be memories from testing the rules.

By Michael Bennett (Mike) on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 05:45 pm: Edit

That could explain why some of what I submitted have never seen the light of day. But there could be another reason, too. They just weren't good enough!

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 06:05 pm: Edit

I have a lot of unpublished scenarios and scenario conversions on file. Unfortunately, they're in two different systems which cannot be searched by a single search system.

Remember that I did spend entire days last fall working on the FC scenario bank, doing about 15 of them, many of which have since been published, trying to do one per author. Many remain unreviewed. This isn't SFB where we print books of 50 new scenarios (which do not sell). We print how many scenarios in any given year? About 10 in communique, about 6 in Caplog, and maybe 8 more in a product, for a total of about 24. I have about 50 on file.

I have 15 from Mike Bennett for example, which may include some that have been printed and some that won't ever be for all I know. But trying to use one per author (total submissions, total authors, total usage rate) means Mike's 15th scenario will be reviewed in 2017.

By Michael Bennett (Mike) on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 09:35 pm: Edit

Hey! Something to look forward to!

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 06:47 pm: Edit

VUDAR scenario needed. Jean does not like the scenario in the Vudar Ship Card Pack. I don't have another vudar scenario ready, and cannot find one in the file (but the file is a mess, so who knows).

So, if you ever sent in a Vudar scenario which has not been published, remind me of this BY EMAIL and do NOT post anything in this topic. (Don't resend the scenario. Just tell me how to find your previous email or file.)

If you want to, create and submit BY EMAIL an entirely new Vudar scenario.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Does anybody know if we ever set of a series of numbers for scenarios only in ship card packs (e.g.,8E1)?

By Shawn Hantke (Shantke) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 06:43 pm: Edit

SVC- 8E1 and 8E2 were in FRAX ship card packs, the other ship card packs used scenarios from Communique or had been published elsewhere.

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 06:46 pm: Edit

thanks

By Garrett Turner (Gar1138) on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Submitted a FedCom conversion of "Where Wisdom Fails" mini-campaign, originally from Captain's Log #4. It is unique for Federation Commander in that it uses the special ships and rules from The Middle Years as found in Briefing #2.

Looking through this thread, I saw it was previously submitted. However, I had my own conversion already done awhile ago, so I figured I would send it in anyway. Perhaps ADB can use the best parts from both submissions (or only one, or neither, or whatever)? :-)

Garrett

By Steve Cole (Stevecole) on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 05:19 pm: Edit

Somewhere, sometime, I mentioned that I can spend hours finding an FC scenario to print. Several people then sent me a list of ones they sent. Which means you missed the point, which means I didn't make it very well.

FINDING a scenario is easy since they're all in two places (which are cross-referenced to each other, and no, it's really not worth the bother to move all of the ones in my email submissions folder into word docs in the word folder for scenario submissions).

Finding one I can use it harder.

Here's how I do it.

First, I have all of the authors in order, and (at least in a badly broken theory) use a scenario from whoever is "oldest" in the file. The list is as follows:

Andrew Granger (while he's first in line, he actually has never sent in a scenario, just some ideas, but I have spoken with him today and he's going to send them soon).

Burt Ashman (He only sent one big strange scenario that's hard to use but which I may well use when I have just the right place).

Fred Kreller (He sent in the first scenario of a campaign but I need to see all three before I can print the first one. When he sends them in, he'll be very high on the list.)

So while those three guys (above) get "looked at" every time I look for a scenario, they don't get picked for the reasons noted.

Here are the authors who have actually had one printed. Not all of these have scenarios on file, but this is the order I go to the file looking for scenarios. When you get one printed, you go to the bottom of the list.

Note that sometimes I have to have a scenario foa certain size, and that one gets done first.

Note that when I do a product (e.g., Transports Attacked, Reinforcements Attack) I go looking for ones that use those ships.

Sometimes for some reason I just use one out of order. Sorry, life isn't perfect, and it isn't fair.

Sometimes I am in a hurry and go to my "go to guy" who writes perfect scenarios. You can be lucky or good, but the bottom line is you make your own luck.

Anyway, the list.

10-02 Kerry Drake
10-09 Comm 57 David Diehl
10-12 CL42 Tony Thomas
11-06 TransAtk Art Trotman
11-06 TransAtk Mike West
11-06 TransAtk Steven P Petrick
11-08 Comm 68 Stephen V. Cole
11-09 Comm 69 Gary Carney
11-10 Comm 70 Eric Phillips
11-11 CL44 Paul Cordiero
11-12 Comm 72 Jean Sexton
12-02 Comm 74 Nick Sandberg
12-03 Comm 75 Stephen Brasseur
12-06 Comm 78 Terry O’Carroll
12-07 Comm 79 Mike Bennett
12-08 CL45 Anthony Cutclifffe
12-08 Comm 80 Garrett Turner
12-09 Comm 81 Michael Tisdel

(If your name is not here and you have sent scenarions then do not resend them, just contact me and we'll hunt them down or ask for new copies.)

So, when I do Comm 82, I will go look in Kerry Drake's folder.

When I look in folder, I check each scenario. Maybe we already did that conversion (reject), maybe we already did a scenario too much like that (probably reject, maybe delay), maybe I think we did too many scenarios with Klingons and skip to a non-Klingon scenario.

When I find one I don't reject, I do whatever I have to do to make it work. The biggest problem is that so many scenarios (even ones I got this month) don't use the standard format. Oh well, that's fairly brainless to fix. A scenario needs special rules that make the scenario special, and they have to work. A scenario that means I have to print some strange ship with it goes in the indefinite delay pile (although the only one in that pile has intrigued me and may get used).

In a perfect world, I do this when I dont really need a scenario, and put the scenario in THE BANK of ready to print scenarios. I love the bank (when it's not empty, which it is) because I just have to pick one, not do one.

Sending in LOTS of scenarios helps only slightly (it improves the odds that I won't reject every scenario in your folder) but it doesn't get you early in line.

Doing a scenario specifically for Reinforcements Attack might be good for you. Telling me of one you already did that works for that project might also be good for you.

Does this clarify the process?

By Sean Johnson (Seanxor) on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 03:18 pm: Edit

I just recently read about the Battle of Trindade from WWI. In this battle two civilian cruise ships that were converted to Auxiliary Cruisers faced off against each other.

I do not know if any of the SFU empires ever used these kind of auxiliary cruisers. I like the scenarios that use unique ships (like the recent Frali scenario from the Communique).

Bringing this unique battle into SFU could be fun, and so I suppose that is my request.

By Gary Carney (Nerroth) on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 03:41 pm: Edit

There are small and large auxiliary cruisers used by most Alpha Octant empires; there is a Ship Card for the small version in Communiqué #68, and the large one in Communiqué #70.

One notable case is the WYNs, who use more extensive conversions when building their "aux boxes" - but at the price of not being able to send these heavily-modified vessels out through the Cluster's radiation shell. (Those ships are found in FC: Distant Kingdoms and FC: Hydran Attack.)

One good way to see which ship is in which source is with the various Master Ship Chart PDFs; the main one tends to get updated after each issue of Captain's Log is published. (In general, the FC Commander's Circle is a handy resource to make use of.)

By Mike Bennett (Mike) on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Sean, I like those unique ship situations, too. I am also interested in small ship scenarios.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation