Archive through January 04, 2007

Star Fleet Universe Discussion Board: Seeking Opponents: Looking for F&E opponents: Archive through January 04, 2007
By Mark Ermenc (Mermenc) on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Nope.

By Vince Burke (Darthkahn) on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 11:46 am: Edit

I would love to hit Ottawa this year or Origins but I am flat broke to travel. The thought of visiting Ottawa sounds nice. I have been to Origins but never to ADB's area. Next year I will be there. Being poor(at the moment) really sucks. So to my friends in Ottawa I say... GO SABRES!!

By Lee Hanna (Lee) on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 10:19 am: Edit

I'm looking to Cyberboard a PBEM game, is anyone interested?

By Robert Padilla (Zargan) on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 12:21 pm: Edit

I'm always up for a PBEM game, that way one does not have to have multiple hours of time at a shot to play.

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Looking for F&E players in the greater Xenia Ohio area (Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus). One of our players is moving for employment reasons ending our previous game so we're getting ready to start a new game. I am currently looking to play test a new scenario for inclusion in a future CapLog.

We currently play at my home in Xenia on an extra large scale map. Currently planning to start the game in early to mid August if possible. Rules set to be played includes F&E2K, AO, CO, FO, and PO. Game sessions are on Saturday afternoon once per month. Anybody interested should e-mail me at Daniel.knipfer@wpafb.af.mil and/or at wokenchiema@aol.com.

By Thomas Holz (Thokuh13) on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 02:38 pm: Edit

Does anyone play in the Seattle Area? I'd like to watch a session if I could.

By John Robinson (John_R) on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 07:36 pm: Edit

I am currently playing an online game with a couple of guys who I think live in Seattle (or is it Portland?) I know there is a slight difference there. I'll check with them next time we have a session and ask them to contact you.

By Geof Clark (Spartan) on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 09:50 pm: Edit

I'm in Portland, but I know a few SFB'ers (thus possible F&E'ers) in Seattle. Send me an email, I'll send you and them an email.

Of course, you can always observe our online game, get free software at vassalengine.com, and I will email the game module files.

By Andrew Patterson (Warhawktbc) on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 02:54 am: Edit

Matt Smith, I am in Harrisburg PA, the suburbs anway. I would love to find an F&E game for FTF playing.

By Andy Palmer (Andypalmer) on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 08:33 am: Edit

Andrew Patterson. BG Baltimore meets monthly in Ellicott City, MD (just SW of Baltimore) and has an F&E group (they're playing 4PW currently).

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 09:36 am: Edit

Andrew,
Have you been in contact with Jim Mattaboni in Carlisle?

Paul Franz

By Andy Palmer (Andypalmer) on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 12:14 pm: Edit

Paul. No. Send me his details.

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Sent.

By Robert Padilla (Zargan) on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 06:34 pm: Edit

Anyone interested in starting up a PBEM game via Cyberboard? PBEM is not fast, so anyone interested keep in mind it will be a long grind.

By Andrew Patterson (Warhawktbc) on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Paul, I lost touch with Jim, and never meant to fall out of touch. I'd like to get back in touch with him. :)

By Paul Franz (Andromedan) on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Andrew,
Did you get my Email?

Paul Franz

By Andrew Patterson (Warhawktbc) on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 12:33 am: Edit

Yes I did, thank you very Much!

By Matthew G. Smith (Mattsmith) on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 06:09 pm: Edit

Robert,

I'm interested. It looks like I'll be playing Andy Patterson face-to-face, but I could probably do a slow CB game too.

By Robert Padilla (Zargan) on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 10:10 pm: Edit

Send me an email. My address is in my profile here. We can work out the details from there :)

By Roger D. Morgan, Jr. (Sonofkang) on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Yep, still in Tampa looking for victims, er... opponents to play. There are two of us down here - out of the population of west coast Florida, there has GOT to be at least one more out there. (Although the odds of the two of us working in the same building about 50 feet away from each other and meeting through the board STILL boggles my mind...)

Additionally, I think I would like to take the plunge into getting to use cyberboard, so if anyone out there feels inclined to lead me through the process of getting it and learning it, I would like to try it. Besides, I have a really good F&E scenario that I need to playtest. And if you play OGRE / GEV and can do it with cyberboard, I would REALLY be jazzed, although it would be more fun with all the minis I have.

By Gary Bear (Gunner) on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 08:01 pm: Edit

Chad (aka HYDRANMENACE) was playing on SFBOnline and found that his opponent lived in the same apartment building.

By Ryan Opel (Ryan) on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 08:18 pm: Edit

That's funny.

By Ken Cole (Kencole) on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 04:55 pm: Edit

I'm looking for players in the South Bend, Indiana area.

By Joshua J Brumley (Sweeper) on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 11:04 pm: Edit

I'm looking for players in Cochise Co, (Sierra Vista, Ft. Huachuca), AZ area or using the Cyberboard PBEM software. I've played a few times before, but I consider myself a n00b as I haven't played in years. I'm somewhat familiar with Cyberboard but haven't used it. If anyone does know how to use it and is willing to work with a newbie, drop me a line. The email is good. I would like to just use the standard 2K rules for the time being until I'm back up to speed. I also have AO, FO and CO. I don't have PO or SO just yet.

Oh yeah, AZ is current in the MT time zone, (an hour ahead of PST).

By Daniel G. Knipfer (Dgknipfer) on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Looking for more F&E players in the greater Xenia Ohio area (Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus).

We currently play at my home in Xenia on an extra large scale map. Anybody interested should e-mail me at Daniel.knipfer@wpafb.af.mil and/or at wokenchiema@aol.com.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation